Air Serbia

"worse than on budget airlines"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Ljubljana to Athens via Belgrade . One of the most unreliable airlines in Europe: constantly long delays which frequently result in missing connections. Lack of professional service both on the ground and in the air. Unfriendly and indifferent cabin staff. Unacceptable preseating policy. A very cheap product in general, even worse than on budget airlines. Very bad value for money: a rough low cost service at a not at all low cost price. Should be avoided at any cost.
AircraftAT75 / A320
RouteLjubljana to Athens via Belgrade

"unhelpful customer service"

Not Verified | I wanted to book a ticket from London to Belgrade, but the web site displayed and error during the payment step (I am using a MasterCard issued by a big UK bank and haven't had many issues with online payments). I tried to pay again, and got the same message. Then I went through all the steps again, but the web page again displayed the same error message. After failing to purchase the ticket three times, I decided to use a different airline for the flight. I bought a ticket there with no problems. Half an hour later I received an email confirming my AirSerbia reservation. I immediately called their customer service to ask for a refund. I was told that I need to send an email with all the details. I did that. The next day I received a response stating that they cannot refund the full price of the ticket. I tried again explaining everything, but no luck again. I can only get about half of the ticket price refunded according to the ticket conditions, even though the whole problem was because of a bug in their system. So my interaction with AirSerbia resulted in my being out of a few hundred pounds because of a bug in their system and unhelpful customer service. I am not going to use their services in the future.
RouteLondon to Belgrade
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"management is absolutely horrendous"

Trip Verified | Split to Madrid via Belgrade. Was meant to transit in Belgrade for 45 minutes. However first flight was delayed by about 50 minutes. When we got to Belgrade we had to rush to collect transit tickets and run to catch the flight. When we arrived in Madrid, our luggage never showed up. Had to spend even more time at the airport making delayed / lost baggage reports. A total of 3 hours wasted! And the next day, the status of my luggage is still showing as "pending". Another girl on the flight had this happen to her both ways. Calling their 24 hour contact centre is useless. I tried this from the originating airport and am trying it now again. You are on hold forever, no one ever picks up the call. The flight and attendants are fine. But the airline management is absolutely horrendous! Do not fly them unless you are prepared to face flight delays, lost luggage and zero support after.
RouteSplit to Madrid via Belgrade
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"not too friendly but were polite"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Belgrade. My wife and me fly a lot of times with different airlines during the year - and this could also have been an flight with Eurowings, Austrian Airlines or something like this. The personnel was not too friendly but were polite. As we had booked an Economy ticket, we were able to check in our luggage for free without any problems. The flight had no delay and we arrived Belgrade punctual. Our luggage arrived without any damage.
AircraftATR 72
RouteVienna to Belgrade

"Ruined my experience"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv via Belgrade. Worst airline I have ever flown with. 2 big delays. No solutions for the people. The only solution is to stay 2 nights in Serbia. Shame. Ruined my experience in New York. Will not book this airline ever again
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Belgrade

"no info, no answers"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Podgorica via Belgrade. One of the worst companies I've ever flown with. 1.5 hr delay, lost luggage, no answer the whole day, when finally answered, the representative said they don't work on weekends! I'm in a foreign country without having a piece of cloth to put on myself, no info, no answers, never fly with Air Serbia please, never.
RouteMoscow to Podgotica via Belgrade

"Worst flights ever"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Barcelona via Belgrade. Worst flights ever! They took me all around Europe due to the connecting flights that they delayed and missed! Time is disrespected! We were like bunch of beggars at the counter in Belgrade where staff maltreated us, as if we were garbage.
RouteBeirut to Barcelona via Belgrade

"the worst airline ever"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Booked flight Etihad from Kuala Lumpur to London on 10 August. First transit in Abu Dhabi, second transit in Belgrade. Code share with Air Serbia (JU). Flight from Belgrade to London was cancelled 1 hour prior to departure. JU reschedule flight 24hrs after that (4.50pm, 12Aug). Our agent in Kuala Lumpur have make numerous calls to Air Serbia, and they are unable to rebook our flight to earlier time. Worse they said she has rebooked flight from Belgrade to Brussels to London (arrive in London around 1145am, 12Aug) and even given us the booking number & ticket number. Turn out that it is a lie. Etihad Airways offers zero help at all too, saying that Air Serbia has taken over the booking and there’s nothing they can do about it. We’re stuck at Belgrade airport for more than 24hrs. Ground staff refuse to help on obtaining visa or even offering hotel for the screw up they make. This is the worst airline ever. And we blame Etihad too for simply forsaking their duties to their paying customer!
RouteBelgrade to London

"been a bad experience"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Belgrade to Stockholm. We have flown with Air Serbia many times and I am sorry to say that every time it has been a bad experience. Always late and the service is very bad - not to recommend.
AircraftCRJ 900
RouteBelgrade to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2019

"complete and utter disaster"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Cairo via Belgrade. Company is a complete and utter disaster. Starting from the booking of my ticket, I did not get an e-ticket via email as the booking process got interrupted only to find out the ticket was booked via my credit card notification. The flight from Berlin to Belgrade was delayed 2 hours - in information was given on whether connecting flight can be caught or not and whether it even makes sense to fly. In Belgrade it got even worse. Connecting flight to Cairo was delayed by 3 hours, no refreshments were provided. After boarding plane turned back and we had to disembark cause suddenly they realized that the crew was too long in the air. Security handled the justifiable anger of the passengers by detaining five for talking too loud while no further explanations were given on what will happen next. Never again
RouteBerlin to Cairo via Belgrade