Air Serbia

"do yourself a favour and choose any other airline"

Trip Verified | I have been a regular flyer for the last few years and Air Serbia is without doubt the most incompetent airline I have ever flown with. The staff do not know what they are doing, they repeatedly ask you "We see you are flying hand luggage only" despite having paid for hold luggage. They have no idea about what citizens need a visa for said country. Their website is beyond awful, once you have made a booking it says error so you think that you need to try again, in fact the booking has been successful and you now have two bookings. In addition to all of this, their flight prices are the most extortionate I have ever seen, do yourself a favour and choose any other airline to this one.
RouteBelgrade to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Not respecting single Covid-19 rule"

Trip Verified | Belgrade to Berlin with Air Serbia. Not respecting single Covid-19 rule, no sanitizers, employees not wearing masks! Using small planes that are super crowded and no space for legs, seats are super small. It is worse than flying with a low-cost airline!
RouteBelgrade to Berlin
Date FlownOctober 2020

"only refunded me for airport taxes"

(Serbia)

Not Verified | I bought a ticket for 18.06. however as I was prevented from traveling (corona virus) I had to postpone the flight for 02.07. I called the call center and they said I had to pay 90e because of the price difference. In the meantime, I had to reschedule the flight for 09.07. and again to pay another 50EUR. Due to the impossibility of traveling, I wanted to postpone the flight again, but since I no longer knew for which date I wanted to leave the ticket open and use it until the end of this year, which they did not allow, and I had to choose another date and pay 50EUR again. In the end, I did not want to pay for the postponement of the ticket again, and I asked for a refund. I paid 300EUR for the ticket and they only refunded me 55EUR for airport taxes. I couldn’t get the rest of the money because the flight was operational. Btw they don't reply to e-mails and the call center can hardly be reached.
RouteBelgrade to Dusseldorf
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Bad customer support"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | The only way you can fly to Belgrade from Sweden. Old planes. Bad customer support. I have emailed and called several times for two weeks but they simply don't answer. Cabin crew with bad attitude
RouteStockholm to Belgrade
Date FlownMay 2020

"have not received any amount"

Not Verified | We purchased two tickets Ljubljana to Athens on 2 Mar 2020 in EUR 140 and within 24 hours because of Covid-19 cases in Ljubljana, requested for the refund as per their 100% refund policy. On 5 Mar they wrote us they will only refund only 66 EUR within 7-30 days, but as on 5 May 2020 we have not received any amount. What type of airline is Air Serbia? We repeatedly requested the airline to refund, every time they said 7-30 days, you will get the refund but as on date not received any amount.
RouteLjubljana to Athens via Belgrade

"Not professional"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Tirana to Lubljana via Belgrade. I had my flight 22 March. I asked at the beginning to anticipate but no way. Cause of coronavirus and was told to. Me only taxes can be reimbursed. For sure I said ok at least the taxes. I also asked later for a bonus with the same company cause of the situation covid but was told. To. At the beginning I try to talk to them but after 30 min in phone waiting international call I tried by email. And by email they told was not possible the bonus. Still have to wait for the money of the airport taxes. Not professional when my friends from other companies had the money back. Or bonus.
RouteTirana to Lubljana via Belgrade
Date FlownMarch 2020

"dismissed all these claims"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Our flight JU 802 to Istanbul on 30.12.2019 has been delayed by more than three hours. I missed my shuttle bus to Istanbul Sabiha airport and had to take the taxi in order not to miss my flight from SAW on New Year's eve (100km distance). We arrived at 19:00 local time instead of 15:55. Scheduled departure 12:20. The aircraft (YU-API) arrived one hour late from Milan. On departure we were notified that the catering truck has broken down. Then boarding started at 13:00. At 14:00 we were informed the crew duty hours have expired. We departed only around 15:00. Time at gate on arrival at IST was 19:00. Then we discovered that Air Serbia has been transporting hundreds of Lufthansa bags from Frankfurt which was the real reason of the delay. Passengers were unable to get their luggage cause the baggage carousel (meant for A320) has been blocked by Lufthansa bags coming from a wide-body from Munich (flight waited in Belgrade). It is horrible that Air Serbia gives priorities on New year's holidays to bags from Lufthansa than to their own passengers. Our bags arrived last. Finally i received my luggage at 19:30 and had one hour to arrive at an airport 100km away (6 hours planned for that trip). The taxi cost me 55 Eur. (60.61 USD). Also, although the delay exceeded 2 hours, we weren't offered any refreshments whatsoever. Air Serbia dismissed all these claims saying they were late 'only' 2h20 minutes on departure and they won't compensate any expenses incured. Disgraceful.
RouteBelgrade to Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I do not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Beirut via Belgrade. This Airline is very unprofessional. My flights were cancelled exactly 15 days before departure so the airline would not pay indemnities. They offered to contact them via phone. My calls were never answered and I had to pay an expensive price for all the calls. My online claim was never responded to and I did not get any alternatives to my ticket. Although the airline indicate that refund is made within 7 working days, I have been waiting for two weeks with no refund. I do not recommend this airline.
RouteZurich to Beirut via Belgrade

"No customer support"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Belgrade. Lost one of my bags. 39 days past the statutory 60 day deadline for solving the claim and its I still not resolved, 99 days and counting. No customer support and false promises.
RouteAmsterdam to Belgrade
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Worst airline I have ever used"

(Slovenia)

Not Verified | Would give the airline zero if it was possible. I flew with them from Helsinki to Ljubljana via Belgrade. First problem was that about a week after booking the flight they have moved the second flight for almost 2 hours (longer layover in Belgrade). The same thing happened again three days before departure, they moved the second flight again for another hour and a half. At the end we were delayed for 2 hours without any explanation. When I finally reached my destination in the plane probably 30 years older than me with no space for legs or carry-on luggage, I learned that my luggage was destroyed. The handle used for rolling the suitcase was broken, there were big tears in the material and also a big dent. All together the baggage is now not usable and I cannot get it repaired. Following the instructions and filling out the damage claim at the destination airport I submitted a claim to Air Serbia. They replied that they are not liable and that their decision regarding my claim was final. Worst airline I have ever used and will never fly with them again.
RouteHelsinki to Ljubljana via Belgrade