Air Serbia

"my bid was not successful"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I made an offer to upgrade to business but received no email to inform me if my bid was successful or not. When I checked in it was confirmed my bid was not successful but I was given an emergency exit seat which is good. The flight was 2 hours and 20 minutes late and when I boarded I realised the plane was a type that has no business class at all. In my opinion there were too few bids for upgrade to business class so the airline decided to switch the plane to one without a business class despite it arriving two hours or so later. The plane itself was clean and onboard service was good.
RouteBelgrade to Berlin
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"$60 for being 2kg over"

Trip Verified | I will never use this company again. I already gave them a free money for deciding to stay one more day and purchased another ticket for later day. They charged me for a tiny carry on $60 for being 2kg over. I wanted to take off some staff but the girl was rude and forced me to pay. I did not want to argue and paid. I am pretty sure karma will take care of that stewardess and the air company. I did lot recommend them to fly with them. They billed me almost $200 for 1 hour flight.
RouteBelgrade to Skopje
Date FlownOctober 2022

"two out of three of my luggage arrived"

Not Verified | In August we had a flight returning from Belgrade to JFK two out of three of my luggage arrived at JFK we filed a claim for the lost luggage. It’s almost 3 months later and there’s no luggage and there’s no response. You get an automated email response from them you cannot get a hold of a human, they basically ignore everything, they don’t want to take responsibility. I will never recommend them and I will never use them again.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"airline seems to ignore everything"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Excessive delay of my baggage (>30 days). I went through the whole process and claims for my luggage in the airport, as well as in the airline's website. I have been trying to contact the airline ever since this incident happened and no one has responded to my phone calls, the customer base even hung up the phone multiple times after being on hold for more than 2. I have sent several emails and submitted tens of complaint forms and the airline seems to ignore everything.
Date FlownJune 2022

"staff tired, stern, no smiles"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Belgrade. Never fly with Air Serbia, even if they give you free ticket. We flew to Belgrade on Air Serbia flight JU601 on Sep 11. Flight attendants looked as if they had number of sleepless nights prior to this flight. Tired, stern, no smiles. Extremely cold air blew onto us. There was no way for us to adjust the flow. when I asked if something can be done, I just got unpleasant stare, and not a single word. Still have pain in my ear after two days. Upon arrival, we realized that our bags were missing. Filed a claim immediately. Staff at the Baggage claim were unprofessional and disorganized. The following was the answer to my question about contacting someone at the call center number provided on the claim form : “You can try, but nobody has answered on that line in the last several months’. How is this possible? Yes, it is. After two days of trying, we are still to hear someone answer. We sent many emails as well, no replies, no acknowledgment. Went back to the airport morning of Sep 13, were informed that one of our bags will arrive on the evening flight from Vienna, JU605. Went to the airport again in the evening. We were told that our bag was probably not loaded onto flight. Probably? What does that mean? The baggage hall was full of delayed bags It looked very chaotic. We are losing hope that our bags will ever be found. In the chaos that is Belgrade airport is, anyone’s bag can easily be stolen. If you have any respect for yourself, for your time and money, do not fly on Air Serbia!
RouteVienna to Belgrade
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Absolutely avoid"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Bought a refundable ticket. Tried to get a refund for this ticket after my plans were changed. I was not even rejected for the refund with an excuse, I was completely ignored on all communication channels. Don't know what more to say. I had generally positive experiences with the company previously but this negates it all. Absolutely avoid.
RouteBelgrade to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2022

"unorganized and clearly understaffed"

Trip Verified | Belgrade to New York. Had a return flight August 13 with my son from Belgrade to New York JFK. Upon arriving at JFK we waited what felt like forever for our luggage, unfortunately for me two of our luggage did not arrive, we filed a claim at JFK, I have yet to hear from anyone either from JFK or Air Serbia it’s 2 1/2 weeks later and I have no luggage nor have I heard back from anyone. I have sent hundreds and hundreds of emails to Air Serbia I’ve called the hundreds and hundreds of times however you cannot get a hold of anyone even if you wait an hour it automatically hangs up. Re: Air Serbia I find the airline extremely unprofessional, unorganized and clearly understaffed, because I can’t get a hold of anyone via email via phone any which way.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"they delayed our flight"

Trip Verified | When we were leaving Serbia they delayed our flight. I asked information desk and they said they had no information about the flight. I asked a person at the gate and she told me the plane was here and there were no issues. So after waiting we asked information and they said the plane was in the air and expected to arrive soon. So after waiting some more we asked information again and they said the plane was stuck in Turkey because of bad weather. I checked the weather radar in Turkey and there was no cloud over Turkey. The customers were getting irritated and the information lady said if anyone else asked that she would call the cops on everyone in line. Customer service does not exist in Air Serbia.
RouteBelgrade to Rome
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I was left with no assistance"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Their plane from Sochi to Belgrade was delayed (JU679 of Aug 8th, 2022) I couldn't catch a connection to Bologna because it was already gone (JU550 of Aug 8th, 2022) I was given another itinerary by their representative in Belgrade through Split and Vienna Their plane (JU252) to Split was delayed, I couldn't catch my connection to Vienna and then to Bologna I was left with no assistance at the Split airport, I tried to contact them by phone but nobody answered The day after I took a bus to Bologna at my own expense, not to mention that I had to sleep in the open air and I had to buy food for that day. I asked for a refund right away filling in all of their forms and after several days a machine is telling me that it will take time to peruse my request.
RouteSochi to Bologna via Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2022

"cancelled while we were driving to the airport"

Trip Verified | The flight from Sarajevo to Zürich, over Belgrade (20.08.2022) was cancelled while we were in the taxi driving to the airport. There is no Air Serbia support on the airport. Airport Sarajevo stuff sent us to the hotel and we got phone number of Air Serbia support for Bosnia to deal with the new tickets. But it is impossible to get anyone on that phone number. We spent all mobile phone credit by waiting on the line. An hour later we just got a new tickets for 2 days later, without a chance to comment. No other option is offered. Meanwhile hotel is booked by the airport for only one night. We wrote to all publicly given addresses trying to reach out to someone in Air Serbia. All without success. So, basically, they are canceling the flight without telling the reason, sending new ticket without asking whether those 2 days make a difference in your life, without ensuring accomodation over a whole forced stay. Also flight to Sarajevo didn't go without troubles. Connecting flight was 4 hours delayed. Nobody explained why or apologized. We went to the service desk at the airport where we got sandwiches and bottle of water as compensation. When we finally got to the plane, my seat as well as seats of several people around were broken. I had to hold recliner by hand.
RouteZürich to Sarajevo via Belgrade