Air Serbia

"worst customer service"

Not Verified | Berlin to Belgrade. Terrible! The worst customer service! They stole my money and no one is even trying to help me solve it. They canceled my flight and when I go to their office, they say: "Try call center". When I try the call center they say: "Write an email" and when I write 15-20 emails, no one is replying. I am Serbian and I am very very disappointed and embarrassed that they represent my country. They should be ashamed and give the job to someone who really wants to work and make this mess better.
RouteBerlin to Belgrade
Date FlownDecember 2021

"twice the flights were cancelled"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | Air Serbia show flights which have already been cancelled. This allows people to pay for them only to later receive emails offering vouchers. Twice I booked with Air Serbia, twice the flights were cancelled, twice they were still shown as available allowing potential passengers to pay for them.
RouteZurich to Sofia via Belgrade
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"The worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever. Unprofessional and takes no responsibility whatsoever. From Paris airport Charles de Gaulle trying to get to Greece didn't let me get on my plane the day I was trying to get to my father's funeral. After a quick early check-in, we had a great delay on the passport control where I repeatedly asked to let us pass to get to my gate and ground attendants insisted we won't miss our flights that the airline companies are informed for the delay. I got to the gate just at the moment they closed, with my two year old child that was crying after all the wait. The ground attendant a really unkind and ironic young woman didn't let me pass. I was begging to let me go to my family in this tragic day she was cold with no feelings and telling me that the company will lose money if she let me pass. Her phone rings and a member for the plane asked if they are more passengers left. And she says no, three didn't come I looked on her screen because I was next to her and I see my name with yellow lining like the two other persons too. I shout that I am here so she let me pass but hangs up rapidly. Her colleague was upset and tell hers to let me pass and she says no. I asked her name so I can make a report but she hide her badge telling me she won't give it to me. I contact the airline call center tells me to sent an email with details and never responded. It's been five days.
RouteParis to Thessaloniki via Belgrade

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Because of the airline horrible customer service i am left stranded in NY, having to purchase a ticket with another airline to be able to make it to Serbia. My connection was in NY, and I was erroneously informed at check-in to pickup my luggage in NY, which was not the case since the luggage went directly into the plane to Belgrade. I reached out to the customer service and informed them i will make it to the flight, even though will be close, however they decided not to work with me. I wanted to extend my appreciation to the TSA personnel in NY, who were willing to let me through expeditiously through security , and to let Air Serbia know that I will not fly with them again.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNew York to Belgrade

"I´m very disappointed"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Paid for a ticket and now I´m left without a ticket and money - I´m very disappointed! I bought an online ticket directly from Air Serbia´s website and the payment was successfully made, reservation code was issued without a problem, but they had some internal system problem issuing the electronic ticket. I´ve called support center and they´ve told me that they didn’t receive the payment and for that reason they can’t help me, even I had a printed reservation that indicated that the payment was made successfully. I called my bank and they confirmed that the funds are with the recipient and the refund must be initiated by them (in this case Air Serbia). Air Serbia wasn’t answering my mails and communicating by phone they confirmed that shortly I should receive the refund, refusing to confirm the same by mail and continuing forwarding me to resolve the problem with my bank. In other words, they´re not interested to solve the problem and trying to avoid extra labor. Finally, I´ve paid for something that I don´t possess, without a ticket for my flight and without my money back… I´m very disappointed with unprofessionalism that employees and Air Serbia in generally possesses. I think Air Serbia doesn’t care about losing clients, at least that’s the impression that I have. I was trying to buy a ticket from Barcelona to Belgrade, but without success and help from the company, and without my money back. This time I will travel with Wizz Air.
RouteBarcelona to Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Would not fly again with this airline"

Trip Verified | After booking my round ticket with Air Serbia months in advance, they did not notify me that one of my transit flights had been canceled. I flew from Tirana to Atlanta and had a stop at JFK. When preparing to board my next flight at JFK, I learned that that flight did not even exist. I was left outside of the airport with my luggage and able to contact air Serbia. After contacting them, all they could do was put me on a flight the next day without even apologizing for their mistake (I bought the ticket through them, so they are the ones responsible to notify me about flight chances) and they did not care where would I spent the night. I filled a claim, asking for at least a refund of my hotel expenses for that night. After more than one month I have still not heard anything from them. Sent a couple of reminders to let me know the current situation of my claim, and never received a reply back. Would not fly again with this airline, as I have heard I am not the first one experiences these kind of problems.
RouteTirana to New York via Belgrade
Date FlownJune 2021

"must land in Moscow only!"

Trip Verified | Everything regarding the flight went well and on time, no issues whatsoever. The issues aboard the plane arose due to undisciplined passengers who kept their (obligatory) masks under their chin as soon as the crew were not looking directly at them to warn them to put it on. Unfortunately, the only penalty for such behavior that the crew have at their disposal is to mark the passenger's name and the airline should ban them from flying with them for the next 5 years. Air Serbia has no warning on their website that Serbian citizens, who are currently allowed to travel to Russia for tourism purposes, must land in Moscow only! I bought a ticket to land in Sankt Petersburg and when the Russian Embassy in Belgrade explicitly told me I must land in Moscow (because I am not in any way a resident of Russia, but just a tourist), Air Serbia charged me the price of another full ticket for this change. They defended it by "availability", but I just think it is not acceptable. I know it is hard to keep up with government policies but it is their job and they should have a warning on their website that warns non-Russian residents that they are buying a ticket to the wrong airport.
RouteBelgrade to Moscow
Date FlownJune 2021

"Do not give this airline your money"

Trip Verified | Air Serbia has made it impossible for Covid infected passengers to change the tickets if they get Covid. The change fee is more than the actual ticket cost. I unfortunately got very sick with Covid and notified the airline and travel agency day before my travel. When I got better and got doctor clearance to travel I called both travel agency and Air Serbia and was told the tickets will be $3000 which is more than the initial tickets I paid for and more than the actual ticket price for those dates on Air Serbia website. This is praying on the honesty and plight of Covid sick passengers. In the day of Covid no airline is this cruel to their passengers. Do not give this airline your money.
RouteNew York to Belgrade
Date FlownJune 2021

"improving its income in this lousy way"

Trip Verified | Before departure (Zurich - Belgrade in Economy Class) I received an offer from Air Serbia by email - to upgrade to Business Class. I decided to accept the offer, but only for the return flight (Belgrade - Zurich) because I wanted to do some shopping in Belgrade and there would be no room for this in just one suitcase. It cost me € 95, which was just debited from my Mastercard. At the check-in in Belgrade - surprise: I have no right to 2 suitcases, only one! In response to my complaint that Business Class ALWAYS includes an allowance for 2 suitcases, I was told that I was entitled to all Business Class amenities - except for the number of suitcases. But this "little thing" is not to be found in the upgrade offer mail from Air Serbia !!! This argument was also ignored by the Air Serbia officer. In the end I had to pay another 6 € for the "excess" 11kg heavy bag! I suspect that this is not a coincidence, but that Air Serbia is purposely improving its income in this lousy way. Vor dem Abflug (Zürich -> Belgrad in Economy Klasse) habe ich von Air Serbia per Mail ein Angebot erhalten - zu Business Class zu upgraden. Ich entschied mich, das Angebot zu akzeptieren, jedoch nur für den Rückflug (Belgrad -> Zürich) weil ich einiges in Belgrad einkaufen wollte und dies hätte in nur einem Koffer keinen Platz mehr. Es kostete mich 95€, die grad von meiner Mastercard abgebucht wurden. Bei dem Checkin in Belgrad - Überraschung: ich habe kein Anrecht auf 2 Koffer, nur auf einen! Auf meine Reklamation, dass Business Class IMMER Allowance auf 2 Koffer beinhaltet, wurde mir erklärt dass auf alle Annehmlichkeiten der Business Class ich Anrecht habe - bis auf Koffer-Anzahl. Diese "Kleinigkeit" aber ist in der Upgrade-Angebot-mail von Air Serbia nicht zu finden!!! Auch dieser Argument wurde von Air Serbia Beamtin ignoriert. Am Ende musste ich für das "überschüssige" 11kG schweren Gepäckstück weitere 65€ zahlen! Ich vermute dass dies kein Zufall ist, sondern dass Air Serbia gezielt auf diese miese Art ihre Einkünfte ausbessert.
RouteBelgrade to Zurich
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"I could not wish anything more from an airline"

Trip Verified | This is not the first time I flew Air Serbia, but it was the first flying business class. One thing that none of the people complaining about broken wheels (I had those broken by Lufthansa and never saw a refund either!) are saying is that Air Serbia seems to be one of the very few airlines in the world respecting the safety distancing rules that airlines are supposed to obey but do not! All the middle seats on our flight, both in the Economy and Business class were blocked. After flying Air Serbia in December I had to fly Turkish, AeroMexico, Avianca and Viva Colombia and none of them had this policy - we flew as packed as ever. So, hat down to Air Serbia for going this extra mile and flying half empty planes in order to make passengers safer during the pandemic. Every other aspect of our trip was just fine: there was a wonderful lounge with free food in Belgrade, which we used before the flight, the big meal on the flight, we flew safely and comfortably, the crew was very kind and polite, our luggage made it, and the touchdown at Istanbul was like landing on cotton. I could not wish anything more from an airline. Thank you and keep up the good work.
RouteBelgrade to İstanbul