Air Serbia

"I wouldn't use Air Serbia"

(Serbia)

Not Verified | Belgrade to Zurich. Employees are rude, non-caring and just don't care for passengers. Instead of helping passengers with their questions and problems, they brush them off and keep doing what they were doing before someone even asked them for help, that is, nothing! Even though I'm a Serbian myself, I experienced first-hand their hospitality and their non-willingness to help many times! Tonight it was enough, as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't use Air Serbia! There are many more airlines that are much better than them. Not to mention, cheaper.
RouteBelgrade to Zurich
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"a mess within a company"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Vienna via Belgrade. It was my first and the last flight with Air Serbia. I will never fly with this company again. First, I tried to order (and pay for it) a special meal. The website of Air Serbia is quite bad, many functions do not work and it was no possible to order a special meal on the website in “My bookings” section. My booking even did not appear on my personal webpage. So, I sent an email with my booking number to Air Serbia. To order a special meal they advised me to call one of the offices of Air Serbia at the airports and order it. I have spent more than 90 minutes in total on the phone trying to reach different offices in Vienna, Moscow, Krasnodar, Copenhagen, Berlin and Belgrade. Every time I was waiting more than 15 minutes on the line and listened to the message “Please hold the line, all operators are busy”. That time I did not reach the call center by the phone. I sent again an email to their email address, informed them that it is not possible to reach an office, gave them my phone number and asked them to call me back kin order to order a special meal. Nobody called me back and nobody answered to my email. 36 hours before departure I got an email from Air Serbia with an invitation to do online check-in for the flight. I wanted to buy a seat on the first row but in the last step, system did not allow me to proceed with the payment for seat reservation because of a mistake on the website of Air Serbia. So, I decided to call the Air Serbia call centre again. On Jan 6 at 9-57 (Moscow time) I finally reached Air Serbia. I asked the agent to help me with online check-in and to order for me a special meal. The agent told me that it is not possible to order a special meal and she does not the reason why it is not possible. She just told me “I do not know how I can order in the system a special meal for this flight”. As regards online check-in she started to proceed with the booking and after 10 minutes she told me that she cannot choose a seat for me because “the seats are already at the airport in Moscow” and I can register only at the airport. I told her that it cannot be the truth but she was absolutely useless and did not want to help. She could even hardly speak English. I spent almost 15 minutes on the phone with her and she did absolutely nothing for me. I asked her name for a complaint and she refused to tell it to me. I told her that I hope that the call has been recorded. 2 hours before departure I got an email from them (which was obviously an answer to my request which I sent a week ago) where another agent wrote me that a special meal should be ordered 24 hours in advance. I think that Air Serbia agents are very unprofessional. It is a mess within a company, the call center does not work, the agents do not care about clients and they simply do not know how to work. The plane from Belgrade to Vienna was extremely old and it was not enough space between seats. The seat in front of me was broken. As a snack we got two small pieces of cookies and a small bottle of water. I even cannot call it “snack”.
RouteMoscow to Vienna via Belgrade
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Delay in flights and luggage"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Milan via Belgrade. Delay in flights and luggage delivery. Your luggage will be lost at 95% because they use small airplane And exceed the takeoff weight so definitely they take only the first half or even less than 50% of the passenger’s suite cases and expect if you get lucky to receive your lugage in the next 6 to 8 weeks after. As for this moment, I am leaving MXP to Singapore without my suitecas and I don’t know where I will get it or maybe will not and as of the This moment.
RouteMoscow to Milan via Belgrade
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"cancelled the returning flight"

(Albania)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Tirana via Belgrade. Worst airline ever. I had a two way ticket and didn't use the first one, so the company just cancelled the returning flight without contacting me first or letting me know about that. I had to spent a lot of money calling their support (because the representative in Tirana Airport was useless). They even told me they would refund 79euro which they did not! The ticket was way more then that.
RouteFrankfurt to Tirana via Belgrade
Date FlownDecember 2019

"do not ever use this airline"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to New York via Belgrade on 3rd January. My first flight landed in Timisoara (TMR), a small city in Romania instead of Belgrade, around 10:30am. They said it was too foggy but all other flights that day managed to land on BEG so the reason is dubious. Then, we ended up spending ~10hr in Belgrade, without any food, or information from AirSerbia representatives. I know they are obligated to give you food and water if the delay is longer than 2-3 hours. There were no representatives of any company to talk to in the TMR airport because we were at the gates and it is a very small airport. After realizing that I missed my connection from BEG to JFK, I called AirSerbia but they said that it is not their fault and they cannot do anything and once I get to Belgrade they will try to help. At ~4:30pm, after 6 hours of waiting, they decided that there will send a bus to take us from TMR to BEG (> 3hr of driving, while the OTP - BEG flight was ~1hr) and the plane will return to OTP and we have to make a decision of what to do. I would like to mention that the road death rate in Romania is of ~100 deaths / 1M people and that of flying is ~0 so it is absolutely unacceptable to ask us to take a bus to BEG, put our lives in such danger since we did not book a bus we booked a plane ticket. They did not want to send another aircraft although they had the resources to do so. They promised the bus will leave around ~5pm but then said it won't leave until 6-7pm. It ended up leaving after 8pm. Realizing we would be arriving extremely late to Belgrade and there won't be much support for us there (there were barely any flights to NYC in the next few days and all of them were extremely expensive and pretty much none with AirSerbia for the next week or so). I called AirSerbia to ask them to book my ticket since we were going to Belgrade and I wanted confirmation that once in Belgrade I have everything set and there is actually a point in going there. I would have preferred to do this before making my decision but they made us decide on the spot with no information of where and how we can get rerouted if we choose either option. AirSerbia told me that they cannot book on the phone and they cannot book a ticket if I go back to Bucharest with the flight which is insane given that the plane was the only way of transportation I had paid for. Anyway, around 7pm, I decided to not take the bus to Belgrade because I did not want to risk my life and get my own flight back and fight them via complaints and in court. Please do not ever use this airline!!
RouteBucharest to New York via Belgrade
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"fight them until they rebook"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | New York to Bucharest via Belgrade. If your flight gets cancelled or delayed, call and fight them until they rebook or reimburse you, and and do not accept a "it's not possible, we cannot do anything, there are no connections". Answer, it is within your rights!! Also submit a claim against them to get compensated for a delayed or cancelled flight.
RouteNew York to Bucharest via Belgrade
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"he did not use the incoming ticket"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Stockholm to Belgrade. The worst airline. I would recommend everyone avoid it if they can. Today my brother was supposed to return to Serbia with that company, but he couldn't because they sold his ticket. I was told that because he did not use the incoming ticket, so he automatically canceled the return ticket. Otherwise, he found out an hour before the flight, and in the meantime, emails were arriving to upgrade the flight with bigger luggage.
RouteStockholm to Belgrade

"happy to recommend it"

Trip Verified | Milan to Istanbul via Belgrade. After reading these reviews I was rather apprehensive about the trip, and indeed there was a delay for my first flight (I think because they needed a replacement aircraft), with the flight arriving Belgrade 40 minutes late. However, the airport in Belgrade is very small and pleasant, and a joy to change in, when compared to bigger hubs like Frankfurt, and I (and my luggage) made the connection despite only having 40 minutes between the flights. Staff both at the airport and on the aircraft were perfectly polite. The flights were satisfactory and there was a bottle of water and crisps or biscuits handed out. You don’t get the explanations or the polish you’d get on British Airways for example, but it was perfectly adequate and very good value. The connecting flight to Istanbul arrived on time and was comfortable, so based on my experience I’d be happy to recommend it.
AircraftBoeing 737-300 / A319-100
RouteMilan to Istanbul via Belgrade
Date FlownDecember 2019

"stunned about how bad this airline"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Athens to Helsinki via Belgrade. Our company booked the trip trough Air Serbia website. I was travelling together with my boss and colleague who had return flights from Helsinki to Athens but I flew to (Athens) from Rome. We booked one-way ticket from Air Serbia website. After filling the payment information we got the "Trip Confirmation" to our e-mail with Confirmation code. This was only e-mail we received from Air Serbia. We printed out this document and showed it at the check in desk on 29.10.2019. They replied "there is no such booking and the aircraft is overbooked". We did not understand what they meant by "overbooked" and why a confirmed flight did not exist. There was no help at the airport to sort the situation so we called Air Serbia. They repeated "we have no such booking". For a reason or another this trip was cancelled and we never got a good answer for why. There was enough credit on the card, the trip was confirmed from the company, we had the necessary document from the confirmation but could not check in. I had to get back to Finland soonest possible and the airline did not do anything about this so my boss booked me a return ticket to the next available flight (Air Turkey) 724,51€ that is quite much for a trip that should cost around 100€. Later at the airport I contacted Air Serbia again and now they replied that "we can see the booking but maybe there has been some problem with Air Serbia website". They did not give any explanation about why this flight was cancelled?! Maybe because they had overbooked the plane and had to drop out someone?? I am stunned about how bad this airline handled this situation. The rest of the evaluation about the flight comes from my boss whose reservation was valid.
RouteAthens to Helsinki via Belgrade
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Rude staff, long lines"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Athens via Belgrade. Worst airline ever! Rude staff, long lines, no food, dirty airplanes that have a weird smell. They changed the airplane before the flight from an Airbus A320 jet to some old Boeing (probably 737) it took off shaking left and right and smelled like something was burning. The sound system gave me a headache and what they were saying was unintelligible even the safety instructions. I have seen third world countries airlines with better services and standards. Even budget airlines are way more comfortable. If you are thinking about flying with Air Serbia then think again. I am never afraid of flying but this time I did feel flying anxiety on board their flights.
AircraftA319 / A320