Air Serbia

"stunned about how bad this airline"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Athens to Helsinki via Belgrade. Our company booked the trip trough Air Serbia website. I was travelling together with my boss and colleague who had return flights from Helsinki to Athens but I flew to (Athens) from Rome. We booked one-way ticket from Air Serbia website. After filling the payment information we got the "Trip Confirmation" to our e-mail with Confirmation code. This was only e-mail we received from Air Serbia. We printed out this document and showed it at the check in desk on 29.10.2019. They replied "there is no such booking and the aircraft is overbooked". We did not understand what they meant by "overbooked" and why a confirmed flight did not exist. There was no help at the airport to sort the situation so we called Air Serbia. They repeated "we have no such booking". For a reason or another this trip was cancelled and we never got a good answer for why. There was enough credit on the card, the trip was confirmed from the company, we had the necessary document from the confirmation but could not check in. I had to get back to Finland soonest possible and the airline did not do anything about this so my boss booked me a return ticket to the next available flight (Air Turkey) 724,51€ that is quite much for a trip that should cost around 100€. Later at the airport I contacted Air Serbia again and now they replied that "we can see the booking but maybe there has been some problem with Air Serbia website". They did not give any explanation about why this flight was cancelled?! Maybe because they had overbooked the plane and had to drop out someone?? I am stunned about how bad this airline handled this situation. The rest of the evaluation about the flight comes from my boss whose reservation was valid.
RouteAthens to Helsinki via Belgrade
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Rude staff, long lines"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Athens via Belgrade. Worst airline ever! Rude staff, long lines, no food, dirty airplanes that have a weird smell. They changed the airplane before the flight from an Airbus A320 jet to some old Boeing (probably 737) it took off shaking left and right and smelled like something was burning. The sound system gave me a headache and what they were saying was unintelligible even the safety instructions. I have seen third world countries airlines with better services and standards. Even budget airlines are way more comfortable. If you are thinking about flying with Air Serbia then think again. I am never afraid of flying but this time I did feel flying anxiety on board their flights.
AircraftA319 / A320
RouteHelsinki to Athens via Belgrade
Date FlownOctober 2019

"impressed with my flight"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Helsinki to Rome via Belgrade. Was very impressed with my flight with Air Serbia. The seats were OK comfort wise. I was very impressed with the food service - our flight to Belgrade was 2 hours long and we got complimentary cookies and water. On our next flight, which was 1 hour, we got complimentary chips and water. I was not expecting to be given anything to eat on this short flight. I would recommend Air Serbia, but avoid a stop in Belgrade if you can.
RouteHelsinki to Rome via Belgrade
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"worse than on budget airlines"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Ljubljana to Athens via Belgrade . One of the most unreliable airlines in Europe: constantly long delays which frequently result in missing connections. Lack of professional service both on the ground and in the air. Unfriendly and indifferent cabin staff. Unacceptable preseating policy. A very cheap product in general, even worse than on budget airlines. Very bad value for money: a rough low cost service at a not at all low cost price. Should be avoided at any cost.
AircraftAT75 / A320
RouteLjubljana to Athens via Belgrade

"unhelpful customer service"

Not Verified | I wanted to book a ticket from London to Belgrade, but the web site displayed and error during the payment step (I am using a MasterCard issued by a big UK bank and haven't had many issues with online payments). I tried to pay again, and got the same message. Then I went through all the steps again, but the web page again displayed the same error message. After failing to purchase the ticket three times, I decided to use a different airline for the flight. I bought a ticket there with no problems. Half an hour later I received an email confirming my AirSerbia reservation. I immediately called their customer service to ask for a refund. I was told that I need to send an email with all the details. I did that. The next day I received a response stating that they cannot refund the full price of the ticket. I tried again explaining everything, but no luck again. I can only get about half of the ticket price refunded according to the ticket conditions, even though the whole problem was because of a bug in their system. So my interaction with AirSerbia resulted in my being out of a few hundred pounds because of a bug in their system and unhelpful customer service. I am not going to use their services in the future.
RouteLondon to Belgrade
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"management is absolutely horrendous"

Trip Verified | Split to Madrid via Belgrade. Was meant to transit in Belgrade for 45 minutes. However first flight was delayed by about 50 minutes. When we got to Belgrade we had to rush to collect transit tickets and run to catch the flight. When we arrived in Madrid, our luggage never showed up. Had to spend even more time at the airport making delayed / lost baggage reports. A total of 3 hours wasted! And the next day, the status of my luggage is still showing as "pending". Another girl on the flight had this happen to her both ways. Calling their 24 hour contact centre is useless. I tried this from the originating airport and am trying it now again. You are on hold forever, no one ever picks up the call. The flight and attendants are fine. But the airline management is absolutely horrendous! Do not fly them unless you are prepared to face flight delays, lost luggage and zero support after.
RouteSplit to Madrid via Belgrade
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"not too friendly but were polite"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Belgrade. My wife and me fly a lot of times with different airlines during the year - and this could also have been an flight with Eurowings, Austrian Airlines or something like this. The personnel was not too friendly but were polite. As we had booked an Economy ticket, we were able to check in our luggage for free without any problems. The flight had no delay and we arrived Belgrade punctual. Our luggage arrived without any damage.
AircraftATR 72
RouteVienna to Belgrade

"Ruined my experience"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv via Belgrade. Worst airline I have ever flown with. 2 big delays. No solutions for the people. The only solution is to stay 2 nights in Serbia. Shame. Ruined my experience in New York. Will not book this airline ever again
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Belgrade

"no info, no answers"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Podgorica via Belgrade. One of the worst companies I've ever flown with. 1.5 hr delay, lost luggage, no answer the whole day, when finally answered, the representative said they don't work on weekends! I'm in a foreign country without having a piece of cloth to put on myself, no info, no answers, never fly with Air Serbia please, never.
RouteMoscow to Podgotica via Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Worst flights ever"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Barcelona via Belgrade. Worst flights ever! They took me all around Europe due to the connecting flights that they delayed and missed! Time is disrespected! We were like bunch of beggars at the counter in Belgrade where staff maltreated us, as if we were garbage.
RouteBeirut to Barcelona via Belgrade