Air Panama

"Staff of the airline were professional"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | The plane was in a good condition even for an old plane. Both flights were on time. On the 50 minute flight there was no service. Staff of the airline were professional and quick at check in. No e-check in.
AircraftF50
RoutePanama City to Bocas del Toro Province
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"never recommend such an airline"

Not Verified | The worst airline I have ever been in my life and I travel 2-3 times a year on international airlines. This airline has excessive prices since it does not have much competition, internal flights in Panama have a similar cost to an international flight to the United States. Also their prices are excessive, they have a no reimbursement policy and if you get sick with COVID or some other disease and you cannot travel, they will not reimburse you a penny. I would never recommend such an airline.
Date FlownJuly 2021

"placed me on imaginary waitlist"

Trip Verified | Panama City to Bocas Del Toro. Arrived at the airport an hour before my flight to find out I was switched to a different flight two hours after my scheduled flight. They told me I was informed by email which was a lie. The Air Panama staff acted annoyed and placed me on an imaginary waitlist by literally writing me last name down on a blank piece of paper and told me to keep checking and of course there was no room on any earlier flight every time I checked. I recommend using Copa or really any other airline if possible. I am finally boarding my plane after three hours and I will update if more things go wrong!
RoutePanama City to Bocas Del Toro
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Air Panama get the job don"

Trip Verified | Panama City to Bocas del Torro. After reading reviews i was not looking forward to flying Air Panama. But the experience i had with them on the day of the flight was nothing as to what has been written. Check-in was fast, there is no online checking available as far as i could find. The plane was an old Fokker 50. Boarding was fast, we had to walk from the terminal to the plane. Once in the plane you could see the age (and there was a nasty smell onboard). We departed 15 minutes early. The seats were comfortable and plenty of legspace. It was a 40 minute flight, a drink and snack were served by 2 friendly flight attendants. Air Panama get the job done and I didn't have horrible service described by other people. It was fast and efficient nothing more and nothing less, maybe an upgrade in their fleet could do magic for them.y.
RoutePanama City to Bocas del Torro
Date FlownOctober 2019

"We really enjoyed this flight"

Trip Verified | Albrook (Panama City) to Bocas del Toro. After reading comments about this airline I was a bit worried but our flight with Air Panama was really okay. Checkin at the airport was quick, there were no lines. My bag was 17 kg so I had to pay 9 dollars for the 3 kg overweight. Totally fine. There are no infoscreens at the small airport of Albrook but as there are only leaving a couple of flights a day its obvious when boarding starts. The flight left at 2.30, so right on time. The fokker 50 used for this flight is old but seatpitch was okay for this 55 minute flight to Bocas. After a loud and bumpy take off the crew handed out some crisps and a soda. After 35 minutes of cruising with some wonderful views at the rainforest and Caribbean beaches, the pilot started decent into Bocas airport. After a soft landing and a short taxi to the small apron our luggage appeared within minutes. We really enjoyed this flight in this old air Panama fokker-airplane.
RouteAlbrook (Panama City) to Bocas del Toro
Date FlownApril 2019

"airline is terrible"

Trip Verified | Panama City to David. This airline is terrible. They made my 5lbs Yorkie go in the luggage area. They wanted me to buy one of their containers. At security they took my tweeter and very small scissors. Mind you, I traveled with my pet in cabin and these 2 items from USA to Costa Rica and Costa Rica to Panama, but in a domestic flight from Albrook to David it wasn’t allowed.
RoutePanama City to David
Date FlownApril 2019

"Pleasant flight experience"

Trip Verified | Panama City to David. Pleasant flight experience on an old Fokker 100. A little expensive for what you get, but there's little competition in Panama. Seats were comfortable & spacious, though the interior of the plane had not seen an update since the late 1980s or early 1990s. Cabin crew were friendly and served soft drinks (including diet options) and plantain chips. Flight departed and arrived about 20min late.
AircraftFokker 100
RoutePanama City to David
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Absolutely the worst airline"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Panama City to Bocas del Toro. This is back to the 70s. Absolutely the worst airline I ever flew. We came to the airport and they told us the flight is moved to 5 pm and the return is cancelled too and we can only take the next one at 10am. It meant we will never reach our flight to Colòmbia as it was 2hrs later. No one to talk to,. After screaming we got a letter saying that they deleted 2 flights and because of that we are stuck. Sadly Copa Air didn't care about the letter and we had to pay a penalty. We will pursue with them when we are back home. But if I gave them, their check-in, their fleet and their attitude a score it would be absolute zero.
RoutePanama City to Bocas del Toro
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Worst airline ever!"

Trip Verified | Bocas del Toro to Panama City. Our Air Panama flight just got canceled, because they could combine two flights in one. No heads up in advance, just the message when we arrived at the checkin desk. We had to wait for 3 ours so they can get a higher profit, no compensation what so ever, not even a drink. Worst airline ever! I have to give a rating of one because a zero wasn’t allowed
RouteBocas del Toro to Panama City
Date FlownAugust 2018

"never fly Air Panama"

Trip Verified | Worst Airline ever. We flew from Panama City to Bocas and back to Panama City and had a 2,5 hour delay each way. The bad thing about that is not the delay itself but the lack of communication. As there are no displays at the airport we had to ask every 10 min when we will proceed or what the current problem is. The staff first didn't say anything and dissappeared to the back office. A half hour later it was said that the airplane has a "preventative maintenance" - how can you have a planned maintenance when the plane should be in the air? Overall it was a lie, as our plane arrived two hours later with passengers on board. The planes are very old with a "museum smell" in the cabin. Now we are on our way back from Bocas to Panama City and have a 2,5 hour delay again. This was communicated 10 min before boarding... let's see when and if we arrive. If you can avoid it, never fly Air Panama.
RouteBocas del Toro to Panama City