Air New Zealand

Air New Zealand customer review

Flew to London from Los Angeles round-trip on Air New Zealand and it was a wonderful experience. The attendants kept us fed and hydrated there was plenty to do on the in flight entertainment console I was reasonably comfortable in coach. I'd happily fly with them again.

(New Zealand)

We travelled on flight 136 Wednesday 15 May BNE-AKL. We sat in row 55. On entering the cabin the temperature was cool and not long after takeoff the temperature dropped to 'very cold'. Other passengers were clearly noticing the same because there was a large request for blankets. On asking the flight attendant if the cabin temp could be turned up we were told "yes when we get down the back of the plane after serving the meals. We know its cold because everyone else has already told us". An hour and a half later it was still freezing. It only began to warm up half an hour out of Auckland. We have constantly supported AirNZ however this would be the worst flight we have had with the airline. One of our inflight entertainment screens wouldn't work and no headset was left at that seat. The cost of our seats covered the meal baggage and inflight entertainment.

Air New Zealand customer review

Sydney-Auckland-Christchurch on 777-200 Business Premier and A320 on domestic leg. Lounge in Sydney very busy but as usual good selection off food and drink. Priority boarding was fast and efficient; Flight was excellent with great service from the crew. Have done Tasman sector a few times and food is the same great selection of high quality NZ wines. The 777-200 was showing signs of wear and tear. Staff service was friendly and was a great flight from Sydney. Auckland to Sydney was on a Tasman configured A320 lounge in Auckland was good with a good selection of breakfast and coffee from their Barista services. Flight was quick and was impressed that one crew member had remembered me from previous flights. Onetime and excellent service.

Air New Zealand customer review

We booked a "flexi-plus" internal flight AKL-CHC with ANZ. Our international Emirates flight was late so we phoned from Sydney to say that we would miss it and would take a later flight. Although we had flexi-plus tickets "no service fees or fare difference will apply to flight changes made at the airport on the day of departure where changing to an earlier or later flight departing that day" they insisted we pay another £250.

(New Zealand)

I have flown with Air New Zealand for several years and have always found their service wonderful. That was not the case with my last flight to Hawaii. I felt like a number and some people received food and some did not. In my case my husband did and I didn't because of a new system of paying for food and even a drink of juice. For an international flight I think this is a terrible system which lead to a great deal of confusion and uncomfortableness for both the passengers and the flight crew. The different food services caused me to feel uncared for and undervalued as a customer.

Air New Zealand customer review

Flew Wellington-San Francisco (via Auckland). Bought the upgrade to premium economy and it was well worth it. The personal and friendly service was the best we have experienced. Cabin was immaculate everything worked the seats were comfortable and reasonably new.

Air New Zealand customer review

Flew from Shanghai to Auckland and then onwards to Wellington. Staff were extremely friendly and the food was lovely particularly compared with the Virgin food we had on the leg from Heathrow. All the fittings worked and were in good condition the leg room was fine (I'm 1.84m tall).

(New Zealand)

Flew Premium Economy from LAX to AKL on a 777-200. Despite not having the new seats that are on the 777-300 the leg room was amazing and the food great. Recommended for comfort without the high cost of Business class.

(New Zealand)

Leg room on Internal flights is getting smaller and smaller. Being 6ft 2 inches or 1.88 mtrs it's a real squeeze to get into the seat. I feel sorry for anyone taller than me. Stop treating passengers like sardines. The trip I did was Auckland to Dunedin return. Both on an A380 and a Boeing.

Air New Zealand customer review

Adelaide to Auckland April 28 2013. Usual incredibly strict control of baggage weight both hold and hand. Sure there need to be some controls but the pettiness of Air NZ on even one kilo over is incredibly frustrating especially after travelling long haul with a greater allowance. Given this is a one class only route there really ought to be better facilities and service. Food on board fine; service OK and typically informal/casual kiwi style including the Purser starting her announcement with "hello lovely people". Can't quite imagine that from one of the BA matrons!