Air New Zealand

"allowed us to pay the online price"

Trip Verified | We were unable to add luggage via the website. While adding bags at the airport would usually incur a higher cost, the staff allowed us to pay the online price - which was greatly appreciated.
RouteQueenstown to Christchurch
Date FlownMay 2022

"Very good service service"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Very good service service, sandy Cornish was outstanding. Meals we had selected were not available, she went all the way to see that we got our selected meals. We appreciate such dedicated staff in Air New Zealand.
RouteSingapore to Auckland
Date FlownApril 2022

Air New Zealand customer review

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Flew in comfort on Boeing 787 and felt more refreshed & hydrated after the flight. Not all business class seats had overhead locker, so I had to put my bag under the ottoman opposite my seat. The seat leather/ottoman isn't that soft, but provided good recline. Having seat sideways gave easy view to passenger(s) on the right, so privacy isn't maximum. The service may be a bit get-it-out-of-the-way at times, but the professionalism & courteousness was excellent. Some staff very proactive into going their way to help passenger. The food/beverage choices were diverse. Flavours sometimes weren't strong enough though. Lighting can be improved with more colours. The quietness of cabin was nice, but bizarrely despite being at front of airplane turbulence's effect was still very clearly felt. Overall a pleasing flight.
RouteAuckland to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Covid is no excuse for this pathetic lack of service"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Air New Zealand simply offers the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The are understaffed and unable to answer their phones or reply to any queries. Covid is no excuse for this pathetic lack of service. When you get through you are then put on hold again and they don’t come back to you or they cut you off.
RouteAuckland to Queenstown
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Great service"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Lovely Cabin Crew. Great service. Seat is good for a short 50min flight like this but not for a long-haul. Everyone followed the mask regulations. Food (Cookies or lollies) were served at the end of flight due to COVID restrictions.
AircraftDe Havilland Canada Dash 8-300
RouteKerikeri to Auckland
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"not common sense to be offering snacks on disembarkation"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | It is not common sense to be offering snacks on disembarkation - absolutely ridiculous. Space issues, people with needs such as parents with babies, toddlers etc.. passengers needing to connect with other flights. Either offer the in flight service or don't - simple.
RouteDunedin to Hokitika
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"they are exploiting customers"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I live in Tauranga and travelled to Hamilton to place my two teenage daughters on flights to Wellington. The flight was at 7am with check in 30 minutes prior. The instruction email stated I must be there 30 minutes prior, meaning I should be checking in by 6:30am. A series of events meant I got to the counter at 6:34am, the young male pointed out I was 4 minutes late and went to his manager to let her know. He came back and told me I was too late for this flight and advised I would need to catch another flight and pay extra. When I had arrived at check in there were at least 4 staff prancing around with only 1 open kiosk. When I had words with the manager all 4 staff were suddenly available to offer their opinions on my situation. The manager was rude and spoke down to me. I had no choice but to pay extra for the next flight at 10:15am. Air New Zealand have their customers over a barrel, they are suppose to be our national airline, they are bleeding money so they are exploiting customers. The later flight was delayed and didn’t leave until 10:55am.
RouteHamilton to Wellington
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Pretty appalling behaviour"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified |  We saw the baggage handlers being very rough with the bags. Then ours came out and it was broken. I took it to the Air NZ desk at Auckland domestic arrivals and the guy wasn't even wearing a mask. He told me "I work alone in this office so why should I wear a mask? I don't have covid." Then he told me: 1. My bag was cheap, that's why it broke. 2. It was too heavy. At 25kg. 3. I overpacked it. 4. Air nz would only pay 60% of the original value of the bag. I emailed them and 2 days later still no response. Pretty appalling behaviour from Air NZ.
RouteChristchurch to Auckland
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I don't think I would fly with them again"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Air NZ I think I would say are one of the worst I have ever flown with. Customer service to book flights and giving the right information is very poor. Kept calling them everyday for flights back to any state in Australia and they would say there aren't any flights, but with family friends I know they have booked flights back to Australia and when I asked they said not possible, I even send them information that has been stated from the Australian government and they had no knowledge about it. They lie too much in the customer service department, I flew with them because some had said they are world class but for me that's nowhere close to being a world class airline. I don't think I would fly with them again.
RoutePerth to Auckland
Date FlownMay 2021

"What a bunch of scammers!"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | My November flights were canceled and instead of providing a full refund or offering to replace the tickets for other dates, they just credited the amount online - it means that I can use the money within 12 month since cancelation (27 Oct 2021) and guess what - new tickets 5 month in advance for the same time of the day are more expensive now. What a bunch of scammers!
RouteQueenstown to Auckland