Air New Zealand

"Air NZ you are not being compassionate or considerate"

Trip Verified | Air NZ you are not being compassionate or considerate and are only considering yourselves in this COVID time. We booked you in December 2019 (8 tickets SYD-Queenstown) and then COVID hits and Air NZ cancel the flights on us in July for a trip in September 2020. We completely understand as your borders are closed (not our fault or yours), however all you have done is offer a credit for 12 months, which is unacceptable. We now have in excess of $3,500 in credit, return our money as it's our money not yours to hold onto. Some of us have no job, no income with children to feed and you offer no compassion, fix this and do the right thing? We eagerly await your response.
RouteSydney to Queenstown
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"won't even refund the flight money"

(Fiji)

Not Verified | Was booked in to go home to Fiji, Melbourne to Sydney to Fiji. In the meantime New Zealand had declared a 12 hr max. Layover which my connecting fights exceeded. Although they knew about this they did not notify passengers (all 30 of them) and had to be quarantined in Sydney for 2 nights before return to Melbourne. Now they won't even refund the flight money let alone all the extra expenses. Never fly with them!!
RouteSydney to Auckland
Date FlownAugust 2020

"great flight with no problems"

Not Verified | Auckland to Sydney in February 2020. It was great flight with no problems. I was unable to pull up my booking on my phone so I had to go to customer service who printed it out. I will fly Air New Zealand whenever I can.
RouteAuckland to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"treat a customer in such a disgusting manner"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | After having my 3rd flight cancelled during the covid 19 I am seriously never going to book another flight with Air New Zealand. I was released from my 14 quarantine. At Auckland after traveling back from Australia only to find my flight from Auckland Had been once again cancelled. This left me stranded in a city with nowhere to go. I had to spend the freezing cold night on the street as the manager at the domestic terminal said they won't provide me with accommodation. This left me worried for my safety and my health. I can not believe an airline would treat a customer in such a disgusting manner and it has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Thankfully my children weren't with me on this occasion. Finally I was able to get on a flight back to Dunedin the next day. But to rub salt into my wounds my flight which was originally a direct flight was now a 6 hour flight due to having to stop over in Christchurch for 3 hours. I would be very aware if you are booked to fly with Air New Zealand as I find it totally disgusting in the treatment I have received.
RouteAuckland to Dunedin
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not entitle you to a refund"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Almost by chance we find on the airline's website that our flight has been canceled. Given the period it is not surprising, what instead upsets is that the ANZ did not consider it advisable to notify us: no mail, no message, nothing. Who knows how long the flight was no longer active without us knowing it. And this is only the beginning! On the site, the only "refund" option is to accept a 12-month voucher. We write rather resentful to the company asking for a full refund, a nice young lady answers us who first asks us for authorization to deal on behalf of all passengers (there are only two passengers and we signed the email on behalf of both) and then she writes us that our type of ticket does not entitle you to a refund but only to a voucher, which we will soon receive. I would add that the toll-free number for Italian customers on the company's website is non-existent. Quasi per caso scopriamo sul sito della compagnia che il nostro volo è stato cancellato. Visto il periodo non stupisce, quello che invece sconvolge è che la ANZ non abbiamo ritenuto opportuno avvisarci: nessuna mail, nessun messaggio, niente. Chissà da quanto tempo il volo non era più attivo senza che noi lo sapessimo. E questo è solo l'inizio! Sul sito l'unica possibilità di "rimborso" è accettare un buono valido 12 mesi. Scriviamo piuttosto risentiti alla compagnia chiedendo il rimborso totale, ci risponde una simpatica signorina che prima ci chiede l'autorizzazione a trattare a nome di tutti i passeggeri (i passeggeri sono solo due e abbiamo firmato la mail a nome di entrambi) e successivamente ci scrive che il nostro tipo di biglietto non da diritto ad un rimborso ma solo ad un buono, che riceveremo presto. Aggiungo che il numero verde dedicato ai clienti italiani, presente sul sito della compagnia, è inesistente.
RouteAuckland to Papeete
Date FlownJuly 2020

"refusing to refund"

Trip Verified | Tickets were purchased pre-covid to NZ for a cruise. Covid hits, borders and countries closed, flights cancelled. We all know this story. However, Air New Zealand are refusing to refund my parents money who are on a pension and have some disabilities. They have delayed, deflected, repeated and finally a 1 year credit, with "NO" agreement or consultation. How dare they refuse to refund flights they can not provide. How is it possible the Airlines can just say, no, we are keeping your money.
RouteAdelaide to Auckland
Date FlownMay 2020

"Air New Zealand reputation tarnished"

Trip Verified | The way Air New Zealand handles th Covid-19 situation is very irresponsible. No response from them except once, regarding how much credit I have. It's been 3 weeks since my flight has been cancelled by them without warning. No notifications sent out by them when flight was cancelled. I called in twice to re-book my flight (as credit refund couldn't allow me to book online), both calls were only recording my details. 2 weeks passed, no call back or whatsoever. Customer service response rate is 0. I always fly country airline when I'm visiting the country. Right now, Air New Zealand reputation tarnished.
RouteChristchurch to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2020

"Not refunding flights"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Papeete booked for late June. Not refunding flights. Will not be booking again with them. They should be refunding since the government gave them a loan.
RouteAuckland to Papeete
Date FlownJune 2020

"I cannot get a refund"

Trip Verified | I cannot get a refund for flights to Canada cancelled by Air New Zealand. Any Air NZ flight to the USA or transiting USA get refunds but this company still refuses to do the right thing by Kiwis and Australians flying to other destinations. It's immoral, unethical and corrupt. I'm down A$6200 and all I've been offered is a credit that I may never use and does not pay bills. Touching 70 years old and need my A$6,200 not a credit to become a unsecured creditor of Air NZ.
RouteCairns to Vancouver via Auckland
Date FlownMay 2020

"refused to offer a refund"

Trip Verified | Perth to Christchurch. Disgrace - bought a business flight, Air New Zealand cancelled my flight and refused to offer a refund. I can’t use the credit in 12 months as my wife is pregnant and I wont be going on a holiday any time soon. How can you pay for a service that they don’t offer and not get a refund. Australian airlines offered refunds. Don't support Air New Zealand.
RoutePerth to Christchurch