Air New Zealand

"I want full repayment"

Trip Verified | London to Auckland via Los Angeles. I booked Air NZ because of a friend's recommendation. A very expensive mistake! Air NZ cancelled our flights from LHR to Auckland via LA over a month ago. However, in spite of contacting them by telephone about the cancellation and our further expenses for seat reservations, I have still have not received any refunds. They owe me almost £4500. I do not want a voucher or credit, I want full repayment. What a truly dreadful company. They are clearly operating outside of the international regulations. When the international aviation industry picks up again I will be avoiding this airline!
RouteLondon to Auckland via Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Did not get my reserved seat"

Trip Verified | Reserved seats in May 2019 for long haul legs from Vancouver to Auckland and then return. Paid my $100.00 and travelled at the end of January 2020 and returned 3rd week of February. Did not get my reserved seat on either flight, I sat behind my reserved seat on both flights. When leaving Auckland to fly to Vancouver I asked two Air New Zealand employees about this and one said it always happens and she did not know why and the other said there is nothing she can do to help. So I reached out to Air New Zealand online when I returned. Got my $100.00 back but they did make out they were giving me something. Which they were not as it was my $100.00 that they had had for 7 months. Then I find Greg Foran`s email so went straight to the top dog of the airline. "Suggested" that they could make it right to upgrade me on my next flight just as a starting point. Nope - I got an apology. First off I got brushed off and then came across the anti-gem of that airline from Customer Care - which appears to be actually careless, who stated in her last email to me was that they considered the matter closed and would not be corresponding on it any further. They have none nothing to help me out, zero, zip, not even interested to make any token offer. Shocking really. Happy to take your money but not to make small things right.
RouteVancouver to Auckland
Date FlownMarch 2020

"personally thank her on our behalf"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | My wife and I flew Melbourne to Auckland on March 20, flight NZ124 leaving Melbourne at approximately 2pm. The performance of the flight attendants was outstanding - polite and professional. What was more amazing was the assistance that we received from who I believe was the senior attendant on our flight as we could not find our transfer bus as we were leaving the terminal. She appeared on the scene asking if she could help. She soon had this quickly sorted and we were on our way. This was going the extra mile especially considering that she was probably off duty and going home. I cant remember her name but if possible I would like someone to personally thank her on our behalf.
RouteMelbourne to Aukland
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very good for cleanness"

Not Verified | Auckland to Melbourne. First time tried Air New Zealand. Feel it is very good for cleanness, seat comfortable, crew services are very good. Only thing is that the seat back is not adjustable.
RouteAuckland to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very attentive flight crew"

Not Verified | Auckland to Christchurch. Flew on this short flight on February 14th. It was a surprisingly spacious aircraft, plenty of leg room, very attentive flight crew and refreshments included. Would highly recommend.
RouteAuckland to Christchurch
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not recommend flying Air NZ"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Houston. Flew for business travel... never again! I had a huge issue checking bag when I checked in at kiosk. They take advantage of passport holders outside of the US by making you follow all the prompts and swiping your card to check a bag and charging you $100 USD then the kiosk says to see customer service to get documents printed where they charge you AGAIN for the same bag. They don’t give you a receipt for the kiosk charge just the desk charge and when asked why the double charge customer care said sorry too bad and told me to deal with it. Really sneaky way to steal from customers by prompting them to the payment screen on kiosk and once card is swiped saying error please get documents from agent where they then charge you again. Would not recommend flying Air NZ.
RouteAuckland to Houston
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"cancelled and rebooked 3 times"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Nelson to Niue via Auckland. Flights cancelled and rebooked 3 times. Air NZ reluctantly provided only 1 night accomodation, referring to their Weather Disruption Policy. Waiting for the rebooked flights, I spent more money on hotels in Auckland airport then on the ticket itself. In the end had to cancel the whole trip anyway. Air NZ show very little understanding for their customers.
RouteNelson to Niue via Auckland
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not enough drinks supplied"

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Auckland. The aircraft was old and not comfortable, we’re supposed to fly new B787 but problems with them. Total of 25 hours due to passenger being taken I’ll on first flight over Pacific and having to go back to Chile and eventually back to Buenos Aires. Following morning set off at 3am again to get to airport and start flight again. Service was pretty bad on both flights, certainly not enough drinks supplied and the food was disgusting, giving us identical meal choices on both flights. We lost a day and a half in Auckland of a two day stop over .
RouteBuenos Aires to Auckland

"Worst airline ever"

(Niue)

Trip Verified | Niue to Auckland. Worst airline ever. If had other would choose but only serviced by them. Cancelled flight twice, no compo ended up extra week in NZ at huge cost. So unhelpful on phone for over hour with customer service even regulate to manager who was just as useless. We will contact you with update. Yet I had to remind them they need my contact details while here.
RouteNiue to Auckland
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Thanks for absolutely nothing"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Niue. Our plane is delayed for two days, and we have to find last minute family accommodation (two adults and infant). Air new Zealand did nothing to assist, and would not cover any cost. We are a young Australian family, stranded in NZ, waiting for our flight, now out of pocket several hundred dollars, as well as loosing our accommodation in niue. Thanks for absolutely nothing Air new Zealand
RouteAuckland to Niue