Air New Zealand

"we were messed around"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Was not seated with my partner whom we booked our flight together on the whole way back to Christchurch from Rarotonga. And our flight Auckland to Christchurch was canceled and we were messed around getting to hotel for the overnight stay.
RouteRarotonga to Christchurch via Auckland

"thanks for nothing"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Extremely basic and budget feel airline. Flying regional, which is as basic as it gets anyway, at my mistake I was too late to check in, however, with still 13 minutes on the clock and passengers boarding in process, I was denied any help of getting me on the plane. If anything, staff was extremely rude in handling the matter. I understand this issue was my fault, however, we’re not on a long haul flight here. Some sort of help would’ve been appreciated and and least a smile on their face goes a long way, thanks for nothing.
RouteAuckland to New Plymouth
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I felt I was sacrificed"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I checked in and secured my boarding pass. On boarding I was informed your seat has been changed for a better leg room only to discover that I was moved to sit with one of the dreaded gang members in their full regalia. Racial profiling at its best. I felt I was sacrificed.
AircraftATR
RouteChristchurch to Dunedin
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I was so cramped in my seat"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Houston. I was excited recently to fly on the much lauded Dreamliner! The food was tasty and enjoyable, the ease of connection to Des Moines, USA was fabulous. But I was so cramped in my seat, it made the journey only just bearable. I’m a good flyer, always enjoy it; it was so disappointing to find the airline has penny pinched on seat comfort for the bulk of their passengers, the economy class folk. I’m a slim 67 kg; I don’t know how larger people could manage it. It puts me off ever travelling there again.
AircraftB787,
RouteAuckland to Houston
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"they have no value of time"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Christchurch to Nelson. Never ever recommend flying DOMESTIC in New Zealand. Most of the time I see AIR NZ delayed so it spoiled your schedule. First they give reason for delay due to weather. After they put on hold due to not put the fuel on time. They have no value of time. Really feel bad. I have to cancel all the other plans just for AIR NZ.
RouteChristchurch to Nelson
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"thanked for their incredible service"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | After a long work day, my flight home was cancelled due to bad weather. I'd had a series of unpleasant personal events earlier that week so this was the cherry on top for me. I was only in Wellington for the day so had nothing with me and no place to stay, so felt rather overwhelmed and was upset. The Air NZ staff member (male) who was working at 6pm on Wed 17 August turned my day around, reassured me and provided my with a taxi voucher, dinner and food vouchers, and a hotel stay. This man was compassionate and kind and provided amazing service. I'd like to make sure he gets the recognition he deserves, but also that Air NZ is thanked for their incredible service. My experience with the airline staff was pivotal to my week and I am extremely grateful.
RouteWellington to Christchurch
Date FlownAugust 2022

"truly grateful to you all"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Just had the most wonderful service from the Wellington crew on Flight 562. we were in row 28 I left my handbag behind a staff member called Wesley allowed me off the plane so my nephew and girlfriend could bring it security and then the rest of the flight the staff were so friendly kind and considerate. I dropped a knitting needle and the hostess got down on her knees to look for it. Thank you for allowing me to get my handbag, we fly to Vancouver on Friday to our sons wedding will need that Visa Card. Excellent experience truly grateful to you all.
RouteChristchurch to Auckland

"my bag did not arrive"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I was flying business class, and I am a Gold card holder. On arrival at Auckland, my bag did not arrive. I waited for 30 minutes, and had to queue to give my details, nearly missed my connecting flight. My bag arrived 5 days later, all good. But it was never lost. I was told that it had been taken off for weight reasons because the flight was so full (my bag weighed 17 kg, it was the total weight that was the issue) Two questions - why, when I was paying so much more, and my bag had a “priority “ sticker, was my bag chosen? They Knew all along that the bag wasn't lost! In the meantime, I have had to buy new clothing, including a suit for an important event. This is really poor. I would not have minded waiting for my bag had I known
RouteHouston to Auckland
Date FlownAugust 2022

"will not fly with them again"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Auckland to Singapore 30th June, Returning 12th August. The midnight flight to Singapore had no issues. But very disappointing when Air New Zealand decides to blackout the windows after an 8.40 morning departure back to NZ Passengers have only just got up to catch the plane and might have wanted to see some beautiful views on a sunny, clear flight of 8 hours plus. You might have had kids or be a photographer or just an avid flyer who wanted to see the world from your windows....But No. Not on Air New Zealand. They just expect you too sleep after you just woke up. Sad, and will not fly with them again, nor would I recommend a day flight with them. Plenty of airlines with A350s, A380s or 777's.
RouteAuckland to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2022

"the legroom was terrible"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | The expected hectic experience of flying international post covid for the first time was just fine. Air New Zealand ground staff were excellent and organised and the plane was on schedule. In fact they started boarding 45 minutes before takeoff and we left 15 minutes early, arriving 25 minutes early. It was my first experience on the 787 and apart from the 3x3x3 seating it didn't feel like a wide-body. It was cramped and even with my 180cm frame and a 3 hour flight, the legroom was terrible in economy, a far cry from most 747 and A380 aircraft I've flown on. In flight entertainment choices were well suited to under 40s not older passengers. Good food and beverage choices for an economy cabin. Well done to Air NZ for getting it's act back together after a terrible time - maybe worth considering better aircraft than the 787 and slightly more generous legroom.
RouteBrisbane to Auckland