Air New Zealand

"Super comfortable seat"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to London. The best airline I've flown. Super comfortable seat, and I'm 6'2. Best food I've had on a plan.. Free, fast wifi- I could watch Netflix. IFE was pretty good. Crew could've been a bit more friendly. .
RouteLos Angeles to London
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"very professional and friendly"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Return flight with our proud flag national airline, beautiful all black silver fern aircraft. Clean and tidy. Flight attendants are very professional and friendly. Departed on time and landed a bit early for both legs. Pilot was able to broadcast a lot of information while in the air to keep us informed such as where we were, what's under and what is the height and temperature et.. Short haul flight with beverage provided, classic cookie time and a cup of hot tea/coffee to keep us warm. Overall perfect.
RouteAuckland to Queenstown
Date FlownJune 2019

"nightmare like flying experience"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Auckland. It was the worst nightmare like flying experience ever because of one unqualified and unprofessional flight attendant. My seat was in the first front row where it was closest to the exit and the cabin crew worked. One of flight attendants had kept making offensive comments about passengers from a certain country. She said that passangers from this country should not be seated in front because they were rude and not smiley. I was Asian looking, not the race she emphasized, but it made me sick and angry. She never stopped complaining until landed and it ruined all the moments that I had wished.
RouteTokyo Narita to Auckland
Date FlownJune 2019

"a fantastic experience "

Trip Verified | I had a fantastic experience with Air New Zealand, flying from Los Angeles to London and back a week later. I needed special assistance with a wheelchair and right from Check-In Air NZ was on top of it. Assistance was provided directly at Check-In, I was brought to the Business Class Lounge and picked up on time before boarding the plane. Bonny C. from Customer Relations took exceptional care of me, made me feel welcomed and made sure I had everything I needed. Bonny even went out of her way and got me a Fast-Pass for my connecting flight in London because my layover was gonna be really short and Heathrow airport is gigantic. In fact - without Bonny's foresight regarding my short layover I would have missed my connection. The flight to London and back was very pleasant. The crew on both flights was incredibly attentive, upbeat, friendly and professional. The food was very good. The plane was nice and clean. I very much appreciated the great service and would fly Air New Zealand anytime again.
RouteLos Angeles to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2019

"probably avoid business class"

Trip Verified | I usually fly Cathay Pacific business across the Pacific so have a point of comparison. Also, I am not a frequent flyer or getting a company trip so pay for the flights myself. Therefore, I expect good quality and service. My flights from Perth to Auckland return (8 hrs): the flight attendants were fabulous, friendly and very attentive. The food was good. The crews' names were offered and the head steward came by to greet us at the outset and thank us at the end of the flight. 2My flights from Houston to Auckland return (13.5 hours): Complete opposite to the Perth-Auckland flights. On both long haul flights the flight attendants were borderline rude and not attentive. Never once got a smile from the female attendant on my Houston-Auckland flight. And, to make matters worse, the food was very poor. The differences between the crews Perth-Auckland vs Auckland-Houston: young and fresh; old and jaded (and I am an older person so it is not an ageist comment). I don't care whether you are at the end of your career, being personable, warm and friendly go a long way. Another annoyance is that the chairs do not convert into a full bed, but need to be constructed by the attendants by lying down a separate mattress. You can NOT comfortable lying down when the beds are not made up as your legs are dangling in midair. There was also subtle pressure both to get the beds arranged and disassembled for the sleep time. The Auckland airport lounge is also very poor: crowded with mediocre food. Cathay Pacific has a lot to show Air New Zealand. Yeah, Air NZ was a bit cheaper, but will probably avoid business class on this airline in the future.
RoutePerth to Houston via Auckland

"trip thoroughly enjoyable"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Flight Attendants made my trip thoroughly enjoyable. They greeted me by name and I was attended to well. The inflight meal was just the right size and very tasty. Was asked frequently if I wanted a drink, and water was available at short notice. I was able to spread myself across part of the seat beside me as well, which was great, as my original seat had three of us side by side in an exit row. I was moved back one row. The plane was delayed for a little while as we had delayed connecting flight passengers to wait for. We arrived in Perth a little late, but had made up some time during the flight. The cabin staff were all friendly, well presented and happy to assist. This was my first overseas flight for 28 years and I enjoyed the flight immensely.
RouteAuckland to Perth
Date FlownMay 2019

"better experience than economy"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Napier to San Francisco via Auckland. Efficient check-in at Napier with baggage checked in all the way through to SFO. Smooth uneventful flight with usual water, cookie and coffee to AKL, with an effortless breeze through immigration and security at AKL. Koru lounge served its purpose, though I have always found it fairly souls. Views over airport are good, however. No issues with boarding and settled comfortably into seat. Warning! row 24 on Boeing 777-300, has only one window instead of two.No pre-take off drink, though did receive a hot towel and choice between sparkling wine and orange juice shortly after take off. Oddly served in a plastic glass, whereas all further drinks served in glassware. Huge soft pillow, blanket and simple amenity kit were available in the seat. Dinner was extremely tasty with choice of mains and ample pouring of wine. Wife bemoaned the fact there was no Pinot Gris, though the stewardess found a couple of glasses from business class. there were two dedicated toilets, one of which was large by airline standards (located on A/B side of plane) dedicated to Premium economy. IFE was excellent with an extensive ranges of films/TV shows, though whilst the seats were great for a short haul flight, they proved not so comfortable for a haul of 12 hours. This was partly due to the cabin being very hot. The footrest was also a bit of a fiddle to move and store back into place. The majority of passengers were dressed comfortable in track-ants and seemed to nod off with little problem. We must learn from this! One thing Air NZ excels at, is the ability to order additional snacks and drinks through seat back TV screen, Free in Business and Premium Economy, though may cost, depending on fare type in economy. There was no WI-FI on this flight, though free WI-FI was available to all passengers on the return flight. Another major plus for Air AZ. A good breakfast (with the exception of the most revolting cup to tea ever!) prior to landing in SFO. The flight was then spoilt by a two and a half hour queue to get through immigration in the United/Star Alliance Teminal. All in all, a much better experience than economy and pretty close to business class, bar the seat.
AircraftATR 72 / Boeing 777-300
RouteNapier to San Francisco via Auckland

"lounge ridiculously full"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Melbourne. Selling Lounge tickets at $30? Business class lounge ridiculously full - couldn’t get a seat - 16 mins to get a coffee - no eye contact from staff. I paid full business fair - clearly corporate greed by selling Star Alliance or gold memberships and all the other memberships. I fly business regularly with various airlines and this does not happen - when I spoke to the lady on reception about this she actually agreed that it’s just to full. And she was embarrassed. No exclusivity. Open up a proper business lounge - who ever decided on this policy for the money grab I would fire. On the plane in the air perfect service - on the ground is just poor form.
RouteAuckland to Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2019

"the service was terrible"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | We were regular customers of Air New Zealand. My husband is in the top tier and I am in the second. We flew just recently from Auckland to Singapore return. On the way back the service was terrible. The steward had a problem with us, we really have no idea what it was, he refused to serve us, got his colleague to do it. She was brusque and unfriendly. As we disembarked the steward at the exit door saw us coming and deliberately turned his back. Seriously we were really confused. Anyway wrote to Air New Zealand about this abominable service and to date have not even had a response.
RouteSingapore to Auckland
Date FlownApril 2019

"absolutely sad and disappointed"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Nelson. Very inconvenient and worst airline compared to Jetstar. Jetstar had all flights departed and Air New Zealand all flights cancelled. We came early morning 6.30 am and wait till 2.15 PM after so many delays . We are absolutely sad and disappointed that no alternative was provided to us.
RouteAuckland to Nelson