Air Moldova

"decent, professional airline"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Chișinău. Pros: friendly and helpful staff, quick, easy check-in at airport, free hold baggage and generous cabin baggage, tasty & fresh complimentary food and wine on-board. All far better than I expected. Cons: plane was over an hour late - although the staff were very apologetic. I think their timetables simply aren't robust enough, don't have enough slack time, and airport turn-around not sufficiently efficient. Our flight was a late evening flight, and having looked at their flight history in general the earlier in the day the flight is, the more reliable it seems to be. It's also relatively expensive, but then there's not much competition on flights to Chișinău from London! Overall: This is a decent, professional airline that looks after you well. But it has some scheduling issues to sort out to improve punctuality.
RouteStansted to Chișinău
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"professional and prompt"

Trip Verified | Chisinau to Brussels. Bought an Economy Basic ticket for a family member but at the last minute had to suspend it due to emergency situation. It ended up being that we no longer needed ticket suspension and it was restored via emails with customer service. There was no extra charge and customer service representatives were very professional and prompt in their response. Thank you!
RouteChisinau to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2018

"is very unprofessional"

Verified Review | Stansted to Chisinau. Rescheduled flight with no prior notice. Very poor ground team management. Flight was delayed on 12th of July from 14:40 to 21:10 without any notice provided prior my arrival to the Stansted airport on the day at 12:30pm. Was in contact with customer service on the 12th of July 1pm and was told "my only option was wait", which is very unprofessional as the overall waiting time is now over 6 hours! At this stage the airline has to offer refreshments and phone calls for every 2 hours of delay, in addition to a full refund that I am legally entitled to. Yet I am told my only option is wait!
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Very badly organized company"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Moskow to Florence via Chisinau. They changed twice the flight to my wife and just few days before the departure and in the airport of Chisinau they didn't provide the assistance due according to the regulations. Very badly organized company! It's very hard to communicate with them.
RouteMoskow to Florence via Chisinau
Date FlownJuly 2017

"surprised by the quality of service"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Paris to Chisinau. I have maybe flown 10 times with Air Moldova. I was surprised by the quality of service provided by such a small operator, and my trips with them have always been very pleasant. Lately, to avoid taxes, they decided to switch from Paris Charles De Gaulle to Paris Beauvais airport. At first, I was a bit disappointed, because it seems to me less easy to fly from Beauvais, but after few tries, I got to understand that there is no huge difference reaching Beauvais or Charles de Gaulle airports when you live far from Paris. I highly recommend Air Moldova.
AircraftE190
RouteParis to Chisinau
Date FlownJuly 2016

"they remain silent"

Air Moldova are hiding behind 'flight cancelled for safety reasons' to avoid delay compensation for a faulty engine leading to a 3 day delay which requires compensation to be paid under UK law. Despite numerous emails they remain silent on this matter.
Date FlownJune 2015

"my ticket cost very little"

I flew Air Moldova from Chisinau to Vienna. Flight left and landed on-time. Onboard service consisted of 2 large and tasty sandwiches, accompanied by drinks (including alcoholic, which are rare on some European airlines). The seats were comfortable, plane was clean and the cabin crew were kind and helpful. My ticket cost very little.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteChisinau to Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2015

Air Moldova customer review

After a 3 day delay my replacement flight was still late departing and arriving. In flight meal was a sandwich cheese and salami, no options, a small alcoholic drink and good range of juices and tea/coffee. Seating was cramped - made worse than Ryanair as seats recline, it then depends on how considerate passengers are in front of you.
Date FlownJuly 2015

Air Moldova customer review

I checked in quickly and was airside for my 08.20 departure on Saturday. The boards then showed a 70 min delay and some while after showed gate opening in 905mins and then 835mins. I found an Air Moldova staff member and was taken landside and explained to that the flight was tech and rescheduled for 21.30. Given meal vouchers and rooms at Radisson but at 15.00 told flight was cancelled. Recovered my bag by 16.30. I am now rebooked for Tuesday. Have to say staff were polite and helpful but in the dark and they were not pleased with late cancellation as rerouting customers late in the day via Heathrow was going to be a problem. Wait and see what Tuesday brings.
RouteSTN to KIV
Date FlownJuly 2015

(Spain)

On June 9 2015 my wife and I were returning after a Business trip in Chisinau on flight 9U 895. We had purchased a direct flight from Chisinau to Barcelona. Once boarded we we were told that the flight was going to make a stopover in Lisbon. A surprise because at check in no one had informed us. The captain of the plane did not inform us and apologized over the intercom that the plane had to make a stopover in Lisbon. During the trip from Chisinau to Lisbon the crew gave us a sandwich for lunch and a drink. The stopover in Lisbon was nearly two hours, the crew did not give us anything to drink. On the way from Lisbon to Barcelona the crew did not give us anything to eat, and they did not have any still drinking water. We arrived in Barcelona with a 4 hour delay and we had to wait an hour to collect our bags.
RouteKIV-LIS