Air Moldova

"not possible to change booking"

Not Verified | Very inflexible in giving me the dates I wanted to reschedule because of the Coronavirus pandemic, when I reschedule the dates I wanted to they gave me the dates I didn’t want to go, and I ask them for the dates I wanted and they said it was not possible for me to change the booking for those dates.
RouteDublin to Moldova
Date FlownMarch 2020

"thanks to the staff"

Not Verified | Chisenau was our layover stop between London and Krasnodar and our plane with Air Moldova was delayed for a substantial amount of time, leaving us worried that we would miss our next flight. However, we were able to board our plane to Krasnodar, thanks to the staff at Air Moldova. Knowing that we, along with a couple of other passengers, were getting close to missing our next plane, the cabin staff ensured that we were the first to disembark the plane. Once at the Chisenau airport, staff took us directly to our next plane, which would have taken us much longer if the kind staff had not taken us via the quickest route. Without them, we would have definitely missed our flight.
RouteStansted to Krasnodar via Chisenau
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Awful customer service"

Trip Verified | Chisinau to Paris. Awful customer service! Because the autofill on the pc had a mistake in my name and they told me that the correction is €90 that I understand but the lady got moody and said that there are no more seats. If i want to leave magically they will find an empty seat if i pay the full price ticket €250, and they gave me the same seat that i reserved at the beginning. I literally saw in my ticket after they printed it that they charged me for the name correction €90 and the charged me for an upgrade that I didn’t ask €160 - because otherwise they will not allow me to board.
RouteChisinau to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the problem was solved within minutes"

Trip Verified | Moscow Domodedovo to Chisinau. I've been using services of Air Moldova already for 3 years and I have a very positive impression. Airplanes are in good condition, come on time and the service is great. Especially, I would like to point out excellent work of online help service of Online Booking. I made a mistake choosing the date of flight and noticed it only after order has been placed. The operator gave me a fast reply to my email and was very friendly and helpful, so we could correct the date to the right one. So the problem was solved within minutes. Excellent work! Totally recommend to use this airline.
RouteMoscow Domodedovo to Chisinau
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Horrible, lousy airline"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Istanbul via Chisinau. Horrible, lousy airline. Will never travel with them again. Massive delays and they cancelled my ticket that I had paid for and left me stranded in Istanbul. Still in it as I write this. Trying to get home.
RouteDublin to Istanbul via Chisinau
Date FlownJuly 2019

"a horrible experience"

Not Verified | Istanbul to Chisinau. I had a horrible experience with Air Moldova. I arrived in Istanbul to find out that my flight to Moldova was canceled without any notice. When I approached the Air Moldova counter at the airport they said there is no flight scheduled to Moldova on that day! I had to buy another ticket online.
RouteIstanbul to Chisinau
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Chisinau to Frankfurt. I bought a ticket allowing hand luggage and a bag. I have been asked at the check-in to take out 700grams from my hand luggage (it was 8.7kg, exceeding 700grams) and for the my bag they said I have to change from backpack to purse. Crazy strange rules and horrible customer service. I took 700grams out of my hand carry in luggage and took put all my staff from my backpack and put them in my purse. Altogether it has to weight probably 2kg and this created lots of inconvenience. In all other countries I flew in or flew from, I have never had this kind of situations.The experience is definitely bad, especially the staff just repeating "these are the company rules". So for those travelling with Air Moldova from Chisinau be careful to not exceed the weight and have the right type of luggage. I would recommend to call them in advance prior to your flight and ask very specific questions. Otherwise you may have to leave luggage at airport especially if you are not living in Moldova or returning there. If I could, I would avoid flying with this company.
RouteChisinau to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2019

"airline is so abysmally bad"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Chisinau. This airline is so abysmally bad that I can’t believe that it exists! I have a high tolerance for poor service and run-down planes, having flown in many third world countries, but Air Moldova takes the cake. Rude service - I was late in arriving at the gate thanks to a delay (not my fault) at Frankfurt security. The gate agent - apparently incensed that she had to hold the plane for me - literally started shouting at me when I approached and refused to even let me quickly pack my bags (which I had to grab of the belt at security without repacking In order to run to the gate) before I had to go down the stairs to the bus. When I say shouting, I mean it. She went beyond just poor customer service to literally hostile customer service as she was yelling “Boarding pass. Run down planes - The plane seats were torn and the plastic was actually yellowing. The plane was a 737-500 and thus had to be at least 20 years old. Poor safety measures - There was no safety card in English. Forget that, it was not even in Romanian (the native language) or Russian. It was in Armenian. Why? Because they apparently leased the plane from an Armenian carrier and couldn’t even be bothered to swap out the safety cards. This strikes me as a major breach in safety protocol.
RouteFrankfurt to Chisinau
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"decent, professional airline"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Chișinău. Pros: friendly and helpful staff, quick, easy check-in at airport, free hold baggage and generous cabin baggage, tasty & fresh complimentary food and wine on-board. All far better than I expected. Cons: plane was over an hour late - although the staff were very apologetic. I think their timetables simply aren't robust enough, don't have enough slack time, and airport turn-around not sufficiently efficient. Our flight was a late evening flight, and having looked at their flight history in general the earlier in the day the flight is, the more reliable it seems to be. It's also relatively expensive, but then there's not much competition on flights to Chișinău from London! Overall: This is a decent, professional airline that looks after you well. But it has some scheduling issues to sort out to improve punctuality.
RouteStansted to Chișinău
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"professional and prompt"

Trip Verified | Chisinau to Brussels. Bought an Economy Basic ticket for a family member but at the last minute had to suspend it due to emergency situation. It ended up being that we no longer needed ticket suspension and it was restored via emails with customer service. There was no extra charge and customer service representatives were very professional and prompt in their response. Thank you!
RouteChisinau to Brussels