Air Mauritius

"customer service is really poor"

(Mauritius)

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Rodrigues. Horrible service! I sent numerous emails, I phoned the recovery department so many times regarding my flight which happened 3 weeks ago (which was delayed by almost 5 hours). And nobody even had the decency to answer one of these calls / emails! In my opinion the department does not even exist, even the manager is MIA. The only option I have is to call call-centre agents who are not even capable of directing me to the right person, they just pass me through to another department. One of the agents even told me that it's easier for me to go directly to the office in the capital to talk to someone from the department. I wonder why they have phones to begin with. The customer service is really poor! They'll definitely be there to take your money, for the rest, not so much. You definitely won't get anywhere close to what you paid for. Stay away!
RouteMauritius to Rodrigues
Date FlownDecember 2018

"would not hesitate to fly Air Mauritius again"

Trip Verified | My wife and I have just travelled London Heathrow to Mauritius and return via Virgin holidays. Having read a number of reviews criticising the airline, I was a little apprehensive about our flight. No need to have worried. As an economy class passenger, I found the service as good as any airline I have flown with. The food was acceptable, the service from the crew was as good as any. The aircraft was old and the seat size was small. The ground service was again as good as any airline. In conclusion I would not hesitate to fly Air Maritius again.
RouteMauritius to London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"very disappointing"

Trip Verified | I was apprehensive to begin with when booking Air Mauritius but decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately, my concerns were proved right. We flew them from Perth to Johannesburg, with a 3 day stopover in Mauritius. Upon arrival in Perth, we discovered that the inbound flight was cancelled which meant an overnight stay in Perth. The replacement flight was due to leave at 8.30am the following morning. Upon arrival to the airport we discovered this had changed to 9.30am. 20mins after boarding was due to start, the flight crew stroll into the airport lounge, none of them worrying or rushing to get going, the end result being a further 90min delay to an already 20hr delay. Upon boarding the plane, we sat down in seats that had an entertainment system from the 90s, not even worth having there. On board service consisted of a snack and drink, followed by lunch and a drink shortly after. We did not hear from the cabin crew again for another 5hrs (prepare to be thirsty). Even when pressing the button for flight crew service, nobody came to my seat to assist, with flight crew even walking straight past the service light on the panel above the seats. The end result of this experience was a planned weekend in Mauritius turning into a single day. Very, very disappointing.
AircraftA340-300
RoutePerth to Johannesburg via Mauritius

"What a let down!"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Johannesburg. Not only did the airline staff let us know that the flight 15 min later, 2 hours later and we are still waiting for our flight without explanation. As someone traveling with a baby and had to be at the airport at 5am I find the service absolutely ridiculous. What a let down!
RouteMauritius to Johannesburg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"staff very courteous and patient"

Not Verified | Mumbai to Mauritius was delayed due to late arrival of the incoming aircraft from Mauritius. During check in we were advised that the departure was rescheduled due to the late arrival of the aircraft to Mumbai. We were also informed that because of this Refreshments would be served at Cafe Indiana from 05:00 hrs onwards. The ground staff were very courteous and patient and displayed professionalism while dealing with the passengers. I could see them interacting with the other passengers and again at around 07:45 hrs they made an announcement that those passengers who wanted more coffee/ tea and refreshments could approach the counter. Enjoyed the flight.
RouteMumbai to Mauritius

"food was appalling"

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Johannesburg. The food was appalling, disgusting and it tasted like left overs from couple of days before. Canned food taste much better. Even the staff was speechless when I showed them how bad the food quality was. The only option they had for me was some Pretzels. I can only have Muslim meal and I was Not the only one with the Muslim meal option who complained on that flight. Too much for a coincidence to me. Purchased my ticket to travel by SAA but unfortunately ended up in the disappointing Air Mauritius. What a shame
RouteMauritius to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2018

"communication is appalling"

(Mauritius)

Trip Verified | The attitude of the cabin crew has improved. The quality of films has improved as well but the screen is abysmal so one cannot really see the film. Or for some passengers around me, their screens were not working at all. But what is disgusting with this airline is if there are delays and communication. The communication of the on ground staff is appalling - first they do not know how to handle angry passengers, they do not know how to keep the passengers updated and the airline does not have a CRM (all complaints fileId directly with the airline will go into a black hole - not even an acknowledgement of receipt). It is an unpredictable airline - if you manage to get onboard, service is ok but if something goes wrong such as cancellations (which happen very often) or long delays, then only God can help you. The only choice we have on this route (direct flight) is British Airways and therefore, if you have the choice, it is preferable to avoid Air Mauritius.
RouteMauritius to london
Date FlownJune 2018

"providing caring service"

Trip Verified | Paris to Mauritius. Amazing experience compared to my flight from Toronto to Paris. Smooth flight with a very soft landing. Amazing on board staff providing caring service. Food was excellent and breakfast superb. I am very proud to see the effort which is put by the staff to make the trip for passengers remarkable. Thank you for ensuring excellent customer service provided to travellers.
RouteParis to Mauritius
Date FlownJuly 2018

"service onboard was below standards"

(Mauritius)

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Singapore. Flight was cancelled 3 hours before departure. No update was given to know what was the way forward - especially since a connection was involved. When you call Air Mauritius, the people were rude, and could not help at all. It took 7 hours of timeless wait on the phone, without someone to even lodge a decent complaint to finally get redirect to another flight combination, with inconvenient timing. They do not even get the emails right. No compensation for the delay - no apologies for the inconvenience. No miles, no upgrade, nothing. It's as if we need to be grateful that they actually redirected us, for a ticket which we have paid for! The service on board was below standards compared to the price, but I never knew that the on ground customer service was so lousy as well.
RouteMauritius to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"cabin service was outstanding"

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Chennai. Since the plane was overbooked, I was upgraded to business class. My first notion on the journey was that it would be a hectic journey as I has to travel overnight. But the attendants onboard the aircraft made sure to keep me as comfortable as possible. The seats were excellent, cabin service was outstanding. Staff was well trained, polite and professional. I would recommend flying in the business class on this airline.
AircraftA340-300