Air Malta

Air Malta customer review

Manchester to Malta return and encountered no problems. A320 on both flights with pleasant professional cabin crew. Both flights on time. Meals were basic but adequate for such a short flight.

Air Malta customer review

Paris (CDG) Malta return. The inbound flight was delayed for 90 minsh without any explanation and boarding was a mess. Both flights on clean aircraft with enough legroom for the duration of the flight. Inflight tv but no headphones . Food edible except for the bread and ok flight attendants. Altogether an okay airline but nothing to write home about.

Air Malta customer review

Third time I have travelled London to Malta with my family. Flight was excellent food fine and staff very helpful.

(Malta)

I recently flew from Copenhagen to Malta Via Amsterdam. Upon check in at Denmark I was told I had to check my bag all the way through to Malta as I had not much time when arriving in Amsterdam to transfer. When arriving at the gate in Amsterdam airport for my connection I was told I could not board as my bag had not been transferred from the flight I just came off! They said it was policy not to allow passengers to fly without their baggage! I was then left stranded in the airport without anybody from Air Malta to advise or assist me. I had to find a hotel in Amsterdam and then come back to the airport the following day. Next day SAS who had helped me the night before managed to book me on flights that night and told me the real reason I had been stopped boarding was due to overbooking of the flight! I am currently back in Malta trying to get refunded for all my expenses from Air Malta who will barely respond to my emails. Draw your own conclusions for this but be prepared for the worst.

(Malta)

Catania - Malta. Queuing at Catania a complete mess and took approx 45 minutes. Once on board allocated seats in row two were filled by two pasengers travelling through from Frankfurt. Had to wait with whole family including two tired seven year old daughters until all passengers boarded and then load supervisor arrived to sort things out for us. Purser was very apologetic but unable to do anything until load supervisor could sort things out. Flight otherwise uneventful until the hardest of landings I have experienced in 40 odd years of flying. No apology or comment from flightdeck or cabin crew on this which was a little disconcerting.

(Malta)

Flew Air Malta to Rome. Outward flight was cancelled by Air Malta with the reason that there was an airport strike in Rome Fiumicino. Interestingly enough there was another flight to Rome Fiumicino with another airline departing an hour later that left as scheduled without any delays etc. Air Malta offered re-routing on another of their flights departing 8 hours later but did not give us any vouchers for meals or snacks or rerouting on an earlier flight with another airline as stipulated by EU law. According to them it was not their fault that the flight was cancelled and therefore we were not entitled to anything. Check-in staff helpful both in Malta and Rome Staff at ticketing desk and cabin crew could not care less about our situation or about the passengers in general. The flights were rather uneventful. Meals can be hardly called dinner or lunch as they consisted of half a sandwich and a small water container (100ml). On the way back we had stopover in Reggio Calabria airport which took about an hour during which about 20 passengers got off and on the aircraft. Would not recommend Air Malta for this route as it is currently being served by much more competitive airlines offering direct routes.

Air Malta customer review

I also contacted Air Malta regarding the Volcanic Ash Problem. Sent them a letter by recorded delivery and have not received any acknowledgement. Have also e-mailed them several times in addition to sending them requests via their feedback form on their website. Have not received any response at all! I do intend to pursue this but will never fly with them again if this is how they treat customers.

Air Malta customer review

I have contacted Air Malta re stuck in Malta during Volcanic Ash problem. I wrote to Air Malta five weeks ago and have not even been sent an acknowledgement. I have e-mailed and have been ignored. This is not what I would call customer service.

Air Malta customer review

London-Malta. I wrote a review in June last year on Air Malta which included my comments that we had booked Club Class but the cabin crew were on strike and so there were limitations on what we were served during the flight. I wrote to Air Malta and they gave us a free upgrade on another flight to Malta which we accepted and we have just returned from a short break there. We were allocated seats 3D & 3F on both flights and these were perfectly acceptable. There is no middle seat in Club Class which gives extra space for books papers and other flight paraphernalia. Service was excellent food was of a decent quality and the drinks offered were very acceptable. Our bags were priority tagged at both airports and arrived quickly in Malta not so quickly at Heathrow. We were also given access to the Executive Lounge at LHR via the Club Class tickets but not at Luqa airport fortunately we have Priority Pass membership so gained access using our cards. I would use Air Malta again and feel they deserve credit for offering us an upgrade without it being a long drawn out negotiation.

(Malta)

Malta-Manchester-Malta. Ok flight out but hot main course proved a mystery to many passengers. It looked like lasagne but was supposed to be a cottage pie though did not taste like one. Why does Air Malta continue to offer in flight films/documentaries yet does not offer passengers headsets or even announce that you can use your own. On the return flight food was better but crew offered the bare minimum of service - no smiles read the newspapers for much for the flight and even curtained off row one so they could use it as a rest/reading area. Air Malta always provides a reliable product but its service lacks flair and imagination in the main.