Air Madagascar

"information about delay was bad"

Not Verified | Antananarivo to Majunga. Flight was operated by EWA; two hours late and information about the delay was bad; aircraft was a little bit old; friendly FA; some refreshments served. Fare a little bit high.
RouteAntananarivo to Majunga
Date FlownMarch 2018

"friendly flight attendants"

Not Verified | Tuléar to Antananarivo. Quick Check-in; on time; plane a bit old; refreshments and a snack served; friendly flight attendants. The fare was somehow high, but this is Madagascar. You shouldn't come here if you are pampered by low-cost carriers;
RouteTuléar to Antananarivo
Date FlownMarch 2018

"operated by Air Tsaradia"

Trip Verified | Antsiranana to Sambava. Flight was booked in Air Madagascar website; flight was operated by Air Tsaradia, the new domestic carrier. Check-in quite fast; not too serious about little overweight luggage and cabin luggage; due to the short flight-time, no refreshments, fare a little bit expensive compared to flight-time; alternative would have been to travel 12h on very bad road.
AircraftATR72
RouteAntsiranana to Sambava
Date FlownNovember 2018

"forthcoming with meals and accommodation"

Trip Verified | Flew Sainte Marie to Antananarivo with Air Madagascar. Online, this looks to be an airline of last resort, but I found myself requiring their services at the end of a holiday in Madagascar. I wasn't totally surprised when my flight was cancelled, and the replacement flight the next day ran 2 hours late. To their credit, they were very forthcoming with meals and accommodation while we were stranded.
AircraftATR72
RouteSainte Marie to Antananarivo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"truly the worst airline"

(Madagascar)

Verified Review | Antananarivo to Fort Dauphin. I have flown multiple times on domestic flights with Air Madagascar over the past few years. They are truly the worst airline I have ever had the misfortune of flying with. Delays, cancellations, bad customer service, dirty planes, no in-flight refreshments, hugely over-priced. In one instance I chose to travel for over 50 hours on a public bus to reach my destination, rather than give any more money to them and I would probably do that again after yet another delay on my most recent flight.
RouteAntananarivo to Fort Dauphin
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cancelled without notice"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Paris to Antananarivo return. Never use this airline if you plan on getting home on time. Our homeflight was cancelled without notice. It took a full extra day to get home - we have filed a complaint and sought compensation, and after 7 consecutive emails, we recieved only one short response from air Madagascar we got no compensation at all.
RouteParis to Antananarivo
Date FlownOctober 2016

"flights were on time"

Antananarivo to Fort Dauphin via Morondava and no notable issues with Air Madagascar service. Easy website to navigate and book. All flights were on time with pleasant crew and ground service as well. Snacks on outward flights only, and return flight had a fruit danish and coffee only (100 minute flight). Nice, very nice and bright interior on the ATR 72 (first time I'd flown this aircraft). But - and this is a well known issue for Air Madagascar - they did move the departure time up for my return flight to Tana, From 940 am to 640am. Grrr. At least they emailed me and informed my hotel the afternoon before. Note though: domestic flying is cheaper if you fly into Madagascar with them. I didn't, given their spotty record and flying from Canada to Madagascar on a tight time line.
AircraftATR-72
RouteTNR to FTU via MOQ
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"warned about Air Madagascar"

Antananarivo to Paris. It was my mistake, I had been warned about Air Madagascar. But my lovely agency in London felt that it would be fine. The flight out had no inflight entertainment (they never bothered with the headsets), the flight back was actually 3 cancelled flights -I had only been delayed 14 hours some had been waiting for 2 days. So nearly 12 hours, no inflight entertainment, no hot water, so no tea or coffee. We didn't see a soul for 8 hours. I have been working in Madagascar so have had a few flights. On this trip one flight was brought forward 5 hours and then took off 30 mins early. I feel sorry for the staff, they do their best, but the management of this airline reflects the government they just don't care about the people / customers.
RouteTNR to CDG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"airline is a disaster"

(Austria)

Mauritius to Antananarivo. We have booked five flights with Air Madagsacar. None of them took place or was in time. Flights have either been cancelled within 12 hrs of departure or after waiting at the airport for hours. Staff at the airport is either unwilling or stupid - or both. This airline is a disaster!
RouteMRU to TNR
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"the most useless airline"

If you have the time and funds not to travel Air Madagascar then this will always be your best option. It is without doubt the most useless airline. Having lived in Madagascar for two years I would always take the option of hiring a car and going over land if financially feasible/the time is available. The few flights I have taken with the airline have always been delayed, even once as we were on the plane we then had to disembark and were told that the flight would go sometime the next day. It is very common for flights to be cancelled, I've even had friends whose flights have been turned out mid-flight and returned to their original destination. Also expect your bags to be lost as well. Make sure that you check on your flight frequently days before your flight because it is no new phenomena for them to pull your flight forward and not notify you. This has happened to several friends. Cabin staff have typically always been very nice though. Ground staff are slow and vacant. Don't expect anything to be done on time or if it is expect to be treated as though you are seriously putting someone out.
RouteToliara to Antananarivo