Air Juan

"No refund after flight cancellation"

Trip Verified | Busuanga to Caticlan. No refund after flight cancellation The flight was canceled allegedly due to aircraft maintenance. It was pre-paid by credit card and Air Juan offered me a refund. I sent them the refund form but I never received the 7,900 PHP back.
RouteBusuanga to Caticlan
Date FlownMarch 2019

"cheated out of their money"

Trip Verified | In March we booked our flights with Air Juan for the month of May with 400 Euro and paid the same. Two days before the first flight came an Email with cancellation due to problems and the safety of the passengers go. A few days later came the cancellation that the return flight was also canceled. At the request to refund the money we only got standard emails. This tactic is annoying and so we threatened with a complaint to the aviation authority and appointed a lawyer. Then we switched on our bank immediately after arrival in Germany. Over a complaint with the credit card we got now after 3 months our money back again. We never received a message again with an apology from AirJuan. Thousands of tourists are cheated out of their money by Air Juan's tactics. Many tourists either do not answer at all or do not know how to get their money back. During our holiday in El Nido, Bohol and Cebu we met 8 tourists who also got a cancellation one day before the flight. So stay away from this airline. Then better with Philippine Airlines", AirSwift or Cebu Pacific.
RouteMactan to Siquijor
Date FlownMay 2019

"nothing has been refunded yet"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Caticlan to Busuanga. Our flight booked months before (october 2018) was canceled one week before departure due to "aircraft maintenance inspection". They sent us a document for the refund request, stating that the amount would be refunded within 35-40 working days. The canceled flight was scheduled for the 16th february 2019, today is the 24th june 2019 and nothing has been refunded yet! I keep sending them emails every week, and every email I send, they always reply in the same vague and useless way, stating that "they will contact the involved office and will send a copy of the transaction once available", which never arrives! I will be forced to send people directly to their office in Manila in order to be able to get my 13,000 PHP back, just for the canceled flight!! Where I live, since it is the airline's fault, they should have even provided an alternative way to get to destination and provided the extra night in the hotel we had to spend!! These people really don't know how to treat their customers.
RouteCaticlan to Busuanga
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"the worst experiences of airlines"

Trip Verified | Manila to Puerto Galera. Air Juan gave me by far the worst experiences of airlines ever. On my first flight 2017, they managed to forget my luggage -on a 3 passenger flight! In January 2019 I booked 2 tickets for a return flight to PG. On March 11 it was rescheduled, on March 29 it was cancelled. To this very day I have not received the refund of PhP 20k. I keep writing, Air Juan keeps dodging. Broke? Lazy?Incompetent? I warn everybody of booking or flying with such an unreliable operation!
Aircraft?
Date FlownJuly 2018

"have never been refunded"

Trip Verified | Manila to Puerto Galera. They cancelled the flights 4 days prior to departure, and despite my several requests, I have never been refunded. Do not fly with this company.
Date FlownMarch 2019

"stopped replying to my emails"

Trip Verified | This airline cancels flights on people if they can sell the seat for more money. They cancelled both my flights because I had purchased the tickets as a "Super Saver" price. I have followed their procedures and policy's but they have stopped replying to my emails for a refund, 122 business day later. The last email was "It's with the accounting department and they will process the return shortly".
AircraftSea Plane
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"still waiting for my refund"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Booked a flight from Manila to Puerto Galera in October 2018. Informed days before that that flight had been cancelled due to routine maintenance. If routine then why the unexpected unavailability of the aircraft? Was given the choice of a refund or credit towards another flight, so opted for credit (silly me). Re-booked for a Puerto Galera to Manila flight in March 2019 (and had to pay an extra 1,000 pesos for the privilege). Days before that flight it was also cancelled for - you guessed it - routine maintenance. This time I opted for a refund and after filling out and returning the form was told it would take 25 to 30 working days to process. 40 days later, I'm still waiting for my refund. After numerous emails, the response to which was always a copperplate 'your refund is still in process' I contacted my bank for a charge-back, only to be informed that the 90 day expiry had passed already. So tough luck. Total scam.
AircraftCessna Grand Caravan
RoutePuerto Galera to Manila
Date FlownMarch 2019

"never recommend this carrier"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Don't book with this airline. They may cancel your flight last minute and leave you scrambling to get a flight out through other airlines. Refund has been on process for more than 2 mos. Haven't returned the Php33,000.00 refund until now. I will never recommend this carrier to anyone.
RouteBusuanga to Caticlan

"Avoid at all costs"

Not Verified | Manila to Puerto Gallera. Avoid at all costs. I've booked three times with these jokers and every time they have cancelled the day before the flight. They claim maintenance as the reason for the cancellation but after three incidents I decided to look into it and it appears as though they are selling already sold tickets at higher last-minute rates and then cancelling passengers that booked in advance at better rates. The last time I wanted a refund, they refused unless I signed a bunch of legal documents that would waive all my rights. I refused to sign and I'm still waiting for a refund.
RouteManila to Puerto Gallera
Date FlownMay 2019

"money has not been refunded"

Not Verified | Cebu City to Siquijor Island. Very unreliable airline. They cancelled our flight two hours before departure. The money paid has not been refunded so far, more than 6 weeks later, after their own set deadline!
RouteCebu City to Siquijor Island