Air India

Air India customer review

I have had a wonderful experience with Air India when I travelled on Delhi-Chicago. Although I was travelling Business it felt like travelling First Class. I appreciate the leg room which their seats provide. Food was very good with sufficient portions. Before travelling with AI I did heard a lot of noise about notorious Cabin crew of AI but my personal opinion is they are much better than Lufthansa United. For sure I would travel only AI now onwards.

Air India customer review

SIN-DEL-CDG then CDG-DEL-MAA-SIN in July 2013 in business class. A319 SIN-DEL was 5/10 at best - old plane and unprofessional staff. B787 Dreamliner DEL-CDG (and return) - very professional staff 10/10. DEL-MAA - A320 - OK - 6/10. MAA-SIN No boarding pass from MAA-SIN and no visa for India meant we spent 60 minutes of stress in no-man's- land while an AI staff went to get us boarding passes and clear our luggage through Chennai customs. Chennai business lounge in old terminal was shocking. Wanted to charge for drinks after the first freebie. Eventually got away to SIN on an A330 which was ok - 6.5/10. Would recommend the 787s but not much else even though I got a bargain price in business class. Dreamilners were beautiful the rest was so so.

Air India customer review

Of the last 4 trips I spent almost as much time delayed by Air India than I did flying by Air India. Goa-Chennai delay 4 hours flight time 1.5 hours Chennai-Singapore delay time 30 mins Flight time 4 hours Singapore-Chennai delay time 5 hours flight time 4 hours Chennai Goa delay time 0 hours Flight time 1.5 hours. In all: delay time 9.5 hours Flight time 11 hours. Then I had to put up with the service.

Air India customer review

BOM-SIN. Very limited service in Business Class. Meal the same in Business as Economy. Staff mainly stayed in the front of the aircraft sitting behind a curtain. Very dated plane. Worst Business Class of any airline that I have flown on.

Air India customer review

9 Aug 2013 Hyderabad to Mumbai AI964. Scheduled time was 10.45am but flight started at 12pm. Total delay 3 hrs without any information. No proper communication no supervisor available for any updates. No passengers got updates no proper management. Please improve the service.

Air India customer review

DEL-SIN-DEL. I flew through Air India 380/381. Delhi to Singapore and return. The air hostess' behaviour was not at all professional. They had smiling faces towards First class Passengers though. After that they ran out of blankets so they increased the temperature. The food was wet due to too much condensation and they forgot to mention that the entertainment system was down.

Air India customer review

In New Delhi we were booked onto a flight that was cancelled but we weren't told sat at the boarding gate for 2 hours. When we asked about our connecting flight we were told we wouldn't make it and would have to make the connection the following day. They didn't want to pull our luggage off for me I was expected to go without for 36 hours. They put us in a hotel in Bangalore not told about another stop in India before we landed in The Maldives. We had no information about anything really we were looking on the boards at the airport and most of the Air India flights we either delayed or cancelled. We flew with India's budget carriers Indigo and Spicejet and never had any problems seats were a little narrower but they were on time and staff friendly and accommodating.

Air India customer review

DEL-IXE on A321 on 28/07. Ageing aircraft before time push back. Plane developed a technical snag in Mumbai but ground staff handled the situation professionally and we were shifted to another aircraft. Overall a satisfactory experience.

Air India customer review

My wife and kids traveled from London to Mumbai on AI130. After Landing in Mumbai my wife told me was that it was the worst journey ever. The TV wasn't working lights were not working call button was not working and air hostesses were rude.

Air India customer review

MXP-FRA-DEL-HYD. Flight was very good and connection was very smooth in Frankfurt crew were reasonable food was average and seat spacing was very good. Aircraft was Dreamliner transit at Delhi was very good domestic sector of the flight was especially good crew very friendly and food very good. They should improve their overseas crew and food otherwise a perfect journey.