Air India

Air India customer review

Flight 114 from Birmingham was not so great 3.5 hrs late. Departure time was 5.30pm but departed at 9.40pm. When we were boarding the plane looked great however upon take off there were problems. They did not have any vegetarian dishes they came back with bread rolls and butter for the rest of the flight. When we got to Delhi we were delayed a further 4hrs due. Poor flight and service.

(Bahrain)

Flew from Bahrain to Delhi. Flight took off and landed on time. The plane was in good condition and was well kept. Seats were comfortable and there was ample leg room. Inflight service was excellent. Young cabin crew servicing this flight - they were all polite respectful and attentive. Food was good Indian - tasted great - however not much options for non-Indian travelers. Inflight entertainment was satisfactory - had mostly Bollywood films and a few Hollywood flicks- slightly outdated. Overall great flight. would definitely recommend and fly again.

Air India customer review

Newark-Mumbai in Business Class on a Boeing 777-300ER. The quality of Business class on Air India has really deteriorated. No amenity kits no menus no choice (sorry but "veg" or "non-veg" in business class is not very business class) presentation no better than economy class and even the quality of the offerings terrible. IFE offerings limited and one side of the cabin the IFE stopped working and the crew couldn't rejig it. On the plus side the cabin crew were polite helpful and considerate and the flat bed seats very comfortable.

Air India customer review

As a frequent traveller to India I really wanted to like Air India. Their new service to Australia would suit me perfectly. However apart from the lovely Dreamliner plane (on 3 legs of Sydney - Bangalore return) I would find it impossible to choose to fly Air India again. My flight was 2 hours late leaving Sydney which resulted in missing the Bangalore connection from Delhi. The was no information re the delay in Sydney and that was the start of us passengers being treated really badly. Because of the delay many passengers had to stay overnight in Delhi. Again no information until we got to the baggage carousel. I missed morning appointments in Bangalore etc. Delays are common - speaking to passengers on my return trip their flight out of Sydney was 8 hours. If you have an onward trip from Delhi avoid Air India at all costs. The cabin staff service was variable - some were ok others had a really surly attitude. The ground staff were terrible rude without exception. The lounge in Delhi (which you would expect to be Air India's flagship lounge) was mediocre - wifi 'not working' showers 'not working' food/drinks not worth having. Shame on you Air India.

(New Zealand)

I was flying from Bangalore (BLR) to Melbourne (MEL) via Delhi (DEL). The first leg was on an Airbus A320 and the second on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner. The seats on both aircraft's had plenty of legroom. Though the in-flight entertainment on the A320 was not switched on the one on the Dreamliner was excellent. The cabin lighting on the 12 hour flight from DEL to MEL was perfectly set. The cabin crew service was excellent. The 3 meals (both flights combined) served was very good. Both flights were on time. Overall experience was fantastic.

Air India customer review

Fifth flight on AI665 since June all flights have been on time breakfast adequate. However its been noted since the last time the leg from BOM-IXE provides you only a couple of biscuits and tea. (Jet Airways on the other hand still gives you a proper snack). Overall no reasons to complain thus far.

Air India customer review

Air India needs to get back to basics and retrain staff what a miserable bunch. I have flown three times with them and there is not one good thing I can say about the flights. The last flight and it will be the last we travelled from Mumbai/Delhi/Singapore all that can be said about it was that we left and arrived on time. I decided that a fitting end to our stay in India would be to spend a couple of days at the Taj Hotel Mumbai we have done so for two years what a magic end to our India journey. But it wasn't the end - I had to endure the Air India flight and that left a nasty taste in our mouths.

Air India customer review

Dubai to Goa worst aircraft I have travelled on dirty scruffy broken parts. How can Air India be a National Airline? Inflight entertainment poor food poor flight attendants abysmal. Third world airline.

Air India customer review

I was a bit apprehensive before boarding as I read some very bad reviews of Air India but I must say my flight from Mumbai to Delhi on 31 October (AI601) was very good. We were on time flight attendants were really friendly and worked very hard and the breakfast was one of the best ever in my many years of travelling. Check in staff was friendly and gave me and my companions a big smile. I would travel with them again any time. So much better that many European airlines and as good as some Asian ones.

Air India customer review

I have been hearing horror stories about Air India and my recent trip proved that they are true. Travelled SHJ-COK on AI934 on 1st November. AI used 20 year old A320 (VT-ESH) with pealed off panels rattling windows and to make the journey worse there was no water in the toilets. Cabin crew were in no mood to work at all and after the food was served they ignored the calls from the passengers for service and were busy chatting to each other. This was the worst flight I ever had since my first flight in 1998 and I will never travel Air India again.