Air India

Air India customer review

DEL-LHR on Dreamliner. This was a good flight. Two full meals - a hot breakfast after take off and a full lunch service about 3 hours before arriving in London. The food was actually better in quality and quantity than on Lufthansa which I took last month where the lunch was little more than a snack. South Indian hot breakfast and western main lunch course were both delicious. Flat seats on Dreamliner very good and Caire amenity kits which have more goodies than European airlines. I feel that Air India are missing some details and professionalism to make them really world class. For example the movies are not the latest and the entertainment system not intuitive The chocolates after the meal are of mediocre quality the male cabin crews uniforms look dated but generally the long distance product is not bad. Modern aircraft good food polite service clean bathrooms. Only details to complain about.

Air India customer review

AI 609. BOM-BLR. Check in and Security at Terminal 1A is a breeze compared to 1B out of which all the private airlines operate. Departed on time touched down about 15 min early. Cabin crew was their usual grumpy self. The main course was greasy as usual but the rest of the food was quite palatable.

Air India customer review

AI 608 from BLR to BOM. Very sparsely populated. Took off on time. Pilot seemed to be in a hurry to get home. Certainly flying a little faster than normal lot of buffeting throughout the flight. Touched down almost 30 min before scheduled time.

(Thailand)

AI331 9 Aug BKK-BOM A321 Seat: 29f. Cabin crew greeted us in a most "welcoming" way with her right arm resting on the galley and the other hand resting on her hip. Mid way INTO THE cabin 1 male steward WAS standing with both arms folded atop a seat - with a blank expression. Settling into my seat I instantly notice that there is more legroom than other airlines. Then no push back for 45 minutes no reason given no information. After 50 minute we pushed back suddenly and took off without any checks that seats were upright or seatbelts. 1 hour into the flight a drink service starts and then pause 1 hour later the meal service starts. Asked if I wanted "veg or non veg" I had ordered voml (oriental vegan) told to wait until they had finished. 3 hrs into the flight when all have finished eating the stewardess walks past me suddenly remembers and asks "did you like it" and I reply "well I haven't got it yet so I cant comment on the taste". He runs to the galley and is back with a "kosher meal box". AI330 16 Aug BOM-BKK was less eventful but nothing better. I've always been a staunch TG loyal but thought this 1 time I must try my National Airline - it is the last time.

Air India customer review

LHR-DEL-LHR. Air India has improved which is not saying much. The staff are professional if not all that diligent. In business class they are pretty good if slow. The food is great but the red wine absolutely is not. Really awful. Champagne is good beer if fine. IFE is iffy but when it works they have a small selection of English films and lots of Bollywood. Seats are comfortable enough and lie flat. Amenity kits are a lottery. I suspect quartermasters are very rich at AI. Flights left on time. Overall not a terrible experience and as it is the cheapest way to travel J class to India fair value for money. A fair welcome to India.

Air India customer review

Business class from Singapore to Paris via Delhi. I've had better economy seats than these business class seats from Singapore to Delhi. Exit row seats would have been better. Plus both my wife's and my video screens didn't work both ways. Half an hour after getting boarding passes plane took off late and we missed our connecting flight to Paris. They put us in hotel and that was it. No further communication or anything. Stuck in airport (smaller than domestic) for 24 hours. More employees than passengers walking around the terminal but nothing gets done. Make a request or ask a question and they smile and every answer is yes but nothing is ever done about it. Got on plane next day and delayed 90 minutes. Missed 26 hours of Paris to look at Delhi airport that has about 10-15 shops. No alcohol in the business lounge. The new Dreamliners from Delhi to Paris are the only redeeming feature. Never again.

Air India customer review

DEL-DXB on 12th May. There was no personal television and shared TV's were not in a good condition. The crew members were very helpful. Recommended.

Air India customer review

Traveled from Kolkata to Toronto (via Delhi and New York). As the flight was sparsely populated my wife and I had 3 seats each to ourselves and it was great. Food is pretty okay and since my wife has food allergies the staff were helpful. The journey from New York to Delhi was packed but fairly comfortable as the leg space was just adequate. Alcohol served on both the trips could have been slightly more.

Air India customer review

Took AI-191/144 AMD-EWR-AMD and was pleasantly surprised. I flew Business and found the services from ground to destination impeccable. On return leg they allowed me to board just 4 minutes before their scheduled departure as my connection from St Paul was pathetically late. Cabin crew were excellent with good and tasty food with sufficient portions. The plane was spotless and during the long 14+ hour flight toilets were routinely cleaned and toiletries properly replenished. Also the IFE worked superbly with lot of options. I would definitely recommend AI although I agree there is huge room for improvement.

Air India customer review

First time on Air India I had an excellent flight from London to Trivandrum and back. Good service in-flight and at on the ground in Heathrow Delhi and Trivandrum. I flew in AI-112 AI-46 AI-466 and AI-111 throughout my trip.