Air India

Air India customer review

14th September 2012 from Bangkok to London with a stop over in Delhi. First leg of the trip was a 4.5hour journey to Delhi and was the worst flight I have taken. After sitting down I realised my TV was not working I asked the flight attendant if this would rectify itself on take off and he told me to 'sit down and wait'. After take off my TV started up and I could only watch one English film which was half way through probably from the flight before. We landed in Delhi and after two hours boarded a better plane with bigger seats and bigger TV screens. The inflight entertainment was average but I could cope with that rude and lazy flight attendants I cannot. Not long after take off the trays of food come round. The curry was really nice shame the lady serving me was the complete opposite. After my meal I waited 20 minutes for a flight attendant when I wanted a drink after another 10-20minutes I got up and went to ask for a red wine. Who pays £700 for a long haul flight and has to serve themselves? The remainder of the flight was the same. 9.5hours with no flight attendants no-one answering the flight attendant button. Unfortunately I have to fly back to Bangkok with Air India.

Air India customer review

BKK-DEL segment. There was only 3 of us in Business class. The cabin looked tired food was sub par No drinks were offered and the entertainment system didn't work. There was 2 other flight attendants in the business class who didn't bother to step out they only did when they needed to get to their luggage to transfer some personal belongings. They then left the luggage on the floor for the duration of the flight as well as when landing. I flew from US on Asiana business class and Air India management/flight attendants could learn from them as to how customer service is supposed to be performed.

Air India customer review

I flew LHR-DEL-LHR and this was my first AI experience. Overall I would say it wasn't bad but it could easily be so much more better. Check-ins both in London and Delhi were smooth and easy. On Board service and facilities lets it down. The staff even though well meaning are not interested. They simply did their three rounds (1 round of drinks and 2 of meals) and no more. On both flights the service call bell was not attended to even though I must have pressed it for at least 10 mins before giving up and getting up! On the LHR-DEL flight I did not complain about it but when I enquired on the DEL-LHR flight about why they did not attend to the service call they could not find it on the system. Most airlines if not all come and collect the rubbish the headsets etc simple clearing up tasks which weren't performed by AI staff.

Air India customer review

LHR-DEL-BKK return. First leg to Delhi (777-3ER) in the night dinner was served as well as breakfast both delicious. Flight attendants happy to help Delhi T3 is clean and modern and the transit was smooth. Second flight A321 with inflight entertainment! Again a meal and flight attendants happy to help. Return flights seemed to be even better Delhi transit again smooth meals were great small delay to LHR due to congestion at DEL but made up for it. Flight attendants were polite and again helpful. 773ER inflight entertainment is great though a little bit hit and miss! No issues with baggage would recommend.

Air India customer review

BOM-BLR and DEL-MUM in Economy Class. Aircraft was clean with inflight entertainment leg space was excellent seats comfortable. Both flights left on time and arrive before schedule. Flight attendants were pleasant and polite. Indian food served on both sectors was good and filling. Online Check in both sectors so did not have to queue up at the Airport. Kiosk check in also available at both airports. The Captain mentioned its a "New and Improved Air India" and I agree with him.

Air India customer review

VTZ-ATQ via New Delhi. Flight from VTZ departed 1.5 hours late and barely had 15 minutes for the transit at the IGI Airport but the ground crew at the Delhi airport was quite helpful and we reached the gate on time. Flight from Delhi departed on time but was an A321 instead of the usual B 777-300er. The food on the first leg of the flight was average a standard hot South Indian meal and the food on the second leg was a packet of peanuts and bottled juice could have been better for an hour long flight. Cabin crews were helpful and courteous. IFE system had a good selection of Bollywood and Hollywood flicks. Overall a good flight experience have been flying Air India and will continue to.

Air India customer review

I flew Air India YYZ-DEL in First Class. The seat was very comfortable - I had no trouble getting to sleep. The in-flight entertainment was also good - very nice choice of movies and TV shows. The cabin crew were very attentive and responded quickly to every need of mine. The meal which they served with great pride looked and tasted excellent. The only downside was the lounge - poor quality compared to the rest of the experience The aircraft looked very modern and clean. Flight was on time. I would not hesitate to fly AI again.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Air India customer review

Flew from Pune to Frankfurt via Delhi. Aircraft was clean legroom and food was good entertainment was ok (not enough English options). Terminal in Delhi is very nice. Transfer experience is good. Good value for money.

Air India customer review

JFK-DEL-JFK on AI 101/102 in economy. I have taken this flight 4-5 times in the last 2 years sometimes continuing to CCU. It was always excellent. Relatively clean plane very good VOD good food. It was always on time no issue with baggage or check in. I am very well traveled and frequently fly on airlines like Emirates and BA. At least on these flight AI did compare with them positively. I have zero experience on AI on any other route though.

Air India customer review

I have to admit that based on the experience of my last three flights Air India domestic in economy is actually quite good. Leg room is much better than Indigo or Jet. Food is actually not bad and you do not have to pay for it. Having a working entertainment system is a plus. Some jet and kingfisher flights have the individual screens but nowadays these are never working. Flight attendants seem to be older on average but I find them polite and pleasant. The interiors are colourful in red yellow and orange. These last 3 flights were on time and really I have few complaints.

(Spain)

My husband and I flew from Kathmandu Nepal to Varanasi. We boarded about 2 hours late and after keeping us inside the plane for 30 minutes they simply said that there was a problem with the engine and we had to get off (no apologies no explanations). They packed us into a run-down bus parked in front of the aircraft and without any further explanation we sat for 2 hours. Almost 4 hours after our departure time we were simply led back into the plane. Arrived 5 hours late in Varanasi. Staff attitude terrible.

Air India customer review

BOM-GOI A319. Delayed flight without good explanation. FA's were friendly on this short flight. Mid afternoon flight with just a drink and peanuts I would have liked more.

Air India customer review

On time departure from CCU and on time arrival into BLR. Quality of food was good and they served an adequate dinner. Crew could be a little friendlier but the experience was better than expected.

Air India customer review

ORD-DEL-HYD-BOM-DEL-ORD. The last time I flew them was in 2007 and I found it to be average. Now the air hostesses were friendly and attentive food was great and the IFE pretty good. The seat and spacing was pretty good and ample in comparison to other airlines. The only downside I see is from Indian security at the airports.

(Austria)

PNQ-GOI in Economy. Flight was on time check-in efficient with friendly ground staff. Served snacks and drinks by a friendly crew on the rather short flight. On the negative side: cabin was dirty with torn and worn- out seats. My seat consisted of a big crater-like hole and was very inconvenient.

Air India customer review

Mumbai to Kolkata. Plane at gate on time but apparently staff were not! After 30 minutes without any information the Indian passengers started to complain. Within minutes the complaints turned into loud shouting. Whatever was shouted produce results because the gate opened almost immediately. Full flight. Comfortable seating with good leg room (for economy). Good meal which included veg and non-veg choices. Overall Air India have a reasonably good domestic product but it appears they are struggling with reliability.

Air India customer review

JFK-DEL-JFK in Economy over the Christmas period. Flight from JFK to DEL was excellent. The aircraft seemed new was very clean and the IFE selection was good. Boarding etc. were far smoother than I am used to on BA my usual carrier on this route. Food was good and the inflight staff were young professional without being stiff and/or overbearing. My experience was enhanced by having been given an exit-row seat. But even the return flight was good and this time I had a ghastly middle seat. Nevertheless the staff kept up well- fed and hydrated; there was an ample supply of cookies/chips/drinks in the galley and the flight was quite pleasant. Timings again are superb - essentially an overnight flight; leave home in Delhi after dinner; arrive in JFK in time for breakfast. Overall I was pleasantly surprised.

(South Korea)

Seoul to Hong Kong round trip. Flight to Hong Kong left and arrived early. The inflight entertainment was good although the English movie selection was a bit outdated. The flight crew was pleasant. Food was really good. Return flight left and arrived on time. Same thing for inflight entertainment. My headphones were broken but the attendant promptly got me a new set. Breakfast (omelette and croissant) was again really good. Overall great value for money.

Air India customer review

25 Dec flew Chicago-Delhi connecting Ahmedabad. Check-in was quick and departed on time. Inflight meals plenty with beverages and alcohol offered free of charge. 2 full hot meals and small snacks during flight. Sky bar open for extra snacks with beverages. Comfortable seats and lots of leg room with foot rest a plus. Courteous staff ready to help. Transit in Delhi a breeze. Baggage arrived promptly at Ahmedabad and was out within 45 minutes. Return Ahmedabad Chicago via Delhi. Again no issues except 1hour delay in Delhi. All in all very good experience and would recommend.

Air India customer review

DEL-DXB on an A330-200. There was no personal television and shared TV's were not in a good condition. The toilets smelt and there was a shortage of vegetarian food so I did not eat anything. The crew was co- operative but had limited English skills. I will never fly Air India again Emirates is much better.