Air India

"Is this airline out of their minds?"

Trip Verified | My son who is a minor was booked on a non-stop flight Dubai to Bengaluru. Suddenly I receive this message saying flight is re-scheduled Dubai-Delhi-Bengaluru, where he needs to waste 12 hours of precious time at Delhi airport to take the Bengaluru flight and now I get another message saying he has to fly Dubai-Delhi-Cochin-Bengaluru. Is this airline out of their minds? Especially during Covid time instead of operating direct flights re-scheduling via via. What nonsense is this I do not understand. Never take this flights.
RouteDubai to Delhi via Bengaluru
Date FlownJune 2021

"their services are so pathetic"

Trip Verified | They cancelled flight last year in April 2020 due to lockdown, since then we are chasing for your refund and till date I am sending emails, writing them on twitter but their services are so pathetic, they have no system or SOPs to handle issues related to refund. If you check their Twitter Account everyday people are asking for refund but they give pre scripted typical answers to everyone. There is a scam it seems, many customers have given up, their hard earned money been eaten up by Air India.
RouteDelhi to Bagdogra
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Air India just doesn't care"

Trip Verified | The bad experience starts as soon as you enter the Airport at the check in desk. No availability of online-check in, no line management for different types of check in (at the counter, online). After 45 minutes of standing in the queue, as there were not enough Staff for the number of passengers checking in, boarding began with the boarding pass being checked minimum 4 times (could never understand why this happens on Indian domestic and International flights only). No inflight entertainment, seats were broken. Food was the only plus which made the journey bearable. Overall- very disappointed, and it seemed from their lacklustre service that Air India just doesn't care. No improvement during the return leg of the journey from Del-Fra. They capitalised on the Passengers vulnerabilty during the Holidays by putting in service the old-worst serviced planes. PS: the prices were 1,5 times the normal prices.
RouteFrankfurt to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2020

"seats are not comfortable"

Trip Verified | Very poor food, flight is very dirty and seats are not comfortable and even found a panel laying side to the seat. Entertainment system barely works and don't have any options so it is better not to work. They don't do any sort of maintenance inside the flight.
RouteCochin to Chicago via Delhi
Date FlownApril 2021

"Don’t ever use Air India"

Trip Verified | While booking LHR-COK with return it will show up connecting via Bombay, Delhi or Bangalore with long waiting to COK, but return will be direct from COK-LHR. We all book as at least we can have a nonstop flight from COK. But they will cancel the flight 4 or 5 days before your return journey. Then will end up with finding another airline with huge amount of fare. Partial refund from Air India will take 9 months and the maximum partial refund will be £150 per ticket. Don’t ever use Air India.
RouteLondon to Kochi

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. Changing a flight is a pain - you have to contact customer service and it takes forever and is not transparent. Flights are super old - my moms entertainment system screen was white for the entire trip and didn’t work. Mine wouldn’t turn on. Seats seem like they’re over 10 years old with all kinds of stains. Flight delays galore, all the flights were delayed by at least half hour and the worst was 3 hours.
RouteBangalore to San Francisco
Date FlownApril 2021

"The worst customer service"

Not Verified | The worst customer service. We booked a flight for a later date which had to be preponed. We called the customer service department and requested to reschedule the flight to a month earlier. We paid the fare difference and in spite of all that we were not given the itinerary. We called them for three days literally, 20 times. Now, they are asking us to pay more amount. We requested for full refund and they are only giving us 600 rupees out of 6000. I am going to make sure that I never book any tickets from this airline.
RouteMumbai to Nagpur
Date FlownMay 2020

"nearly 14 hrs without any entertainment"

Trip Verified | I booked the flight mainly because of the cheap fare compared to other airlines (due to covid only a few options were available). Check-in and boarding were smooth. They served good food on time, however, did not serve any drinks (coffee/tea/ alcohol). It was at the back of the airlines for self-service. Cabin crews were good to help. The most disastrous incident was not working og inflight entertainment. I just can not imagine that time how to pass nearly 14 hrs without any entertainment. I would download some movies/ songs if I knew earlier. Air India does not provide inflight internet. In most of the seats, inflight entertainment system was not working. Touch screens are hardly working. On the second leg (Delhi to Kolkata), it was of approx 2hrs flight without any inflight entertainment/internet service. Also, the air conditioning was not properly working on the ground. It was very suffocating after wearing mask and face shield. Air India is one of the two domestic airlines that provide hot meals. But they serve the only veg meal. The meals were so so.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A321
RouteNew York to Kolkata via New Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2021

"phone chargers should be available"

Not Verified | Flight was okay to travel as we don't have many choices in Pandemic. Staff were helpful. However, none of the phone chargers were working because they were all broken. I was lucky that my phone was charged and did not need to use it. In this day and age, all information and important documents are on the phone so phone chargers should be available.
RouteLondon to Amritsar via Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the product is really sub par"

Trip Verified | After avoiding Air India for years, I was forced to spend my hard earned money on them for a round trip between IAD and MAA because of the Indian government forbidding sixth freedom traffic under the covid air bubble agreements. I had very low expectations, and Air India was as bad as I feared. The Indian government should get out of the business of running an airline as soon as possible. Every aspect of this trip was subpar, and given a choice, I cannot imaging why anybody would ever travel on this airline. Here are all the ways in which they were bad: 1) Their web site is terrible, and it wouldn't accept my Lufthansa frequent flyer number, even though there is a section for entering partner airlines membership numbers. The web site also wouldn't allow me to request a special meal, and it gave absolutely no explanation for why. From some google research, I realized this might be due to covid precautions 2) I made 2 separate calls to their customer service center to try and address the above issues. The amount of background noise during both calls made it seem like their reps were sitting in the middle of New Delhi railway station for their calls. I could barely hear or understand what the reps were saying. They supposedly entered my Lufthansa number for me, but as I could tell when I printed my boarding pass, it wasn't entered properly, and it didn't work. I had to claim my miles via Lufthansa after the flight On a separate call, the rep took my special meal request and entered it, but didn't seem to know, or didn't bother to tell me that special meals were not possible during Covid 3) My itinerary was IAD-DEL-MAA, on different B787s for each leg. I flew business class, and the product is really sub par. The seats are grimy, the upholstery was torn on one of the legs, the seat power didn't work properly. Worst of all for me, the moving maps didn't work on both IAD-DEL and DEL-IAD legs. Also, the flat bed isn't long enough for my 6'3" height. The pillow they give is a joke. The cabin crew were nice enough, but I really didn't like the heavy/greasy Indian food I was forced to eat on some of the legs. The food on the MAA-DEL leg even gave me severe digestion problems. 4) Air India lounges were open in DEL or MAA, supposedly due to Covid, but other private lounges were operating, so it seems like Covid was just an excuse. 5) On a couple positive notes, all my flights were on time, which was a blessing, and the prices of the business class ticket was well below pre-pandemic business class levels.
RouteChennai to Washington via New Delhi