Air India

"Such a terrible airline"

Not Verified | I booked the ticket for my parents from Assam to Bangalore via Kolkata as there were no direct flight available on the particular date and i booked it only on the basis of the waiting period which was very less compared to the other flights. However on the day the flight which was suppose to take off at 8:30 and reach Bengaluru by max 3pm on the same day took off at 11 from Assam which is understandable because it can get quite foggy during winter. But after reaching Kolkata there was no information or any message from the airline regarding the delayed flight to Bengaluru. My dad has a chronic kidney disease and its difficult to travel for long hour and moreover they are not frequent flyers. Not even a single staff from air India passed any kind of information and on enquiry they simply raised their eyebrow with that arrogant attitude. I wonder what they are so proud of I just wish i had their names. The airline completely forgot their customer. Such a terrible airline. There is more to it, so the flight was delayed from Kolkata to Bengaluru via Hyderabad again by LEGIT 11hr which was also unsure of. Finally they boarded the flight at 10:50pm and reached Bengaluru at 3pm. Overall these airline have the worst attitude towards their customer.
RouteDibrugarh to Bengaluru via Kolkata
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Completely disgusted with my experience2

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Average airline with terrible customer service and unacceptable corporate behavior. Completely disgusted with my experience. After a year of chasing Air India for a refund due to a flight that they cancelled, I have yet to receive a single cent. I did not even find out about the cancellation until after I arrived to the airport and was informed at the check in counter. Apparently they tried to call me once and I didn't pick up. No email notification, nor text...nothing. Several emails went by without a response. For months I waited, repeatedly calling customer service, until I received an email saying they would only issue a refund when things returned "to normalcy." Now it has been 12 months. Half of the time you call their number, you will get a message saying it's the wrong number. The other half of the time it won't go through at all. When you finally reach them, you receive service from staff so incompetent it's obvious they were not even given basic training of how to look up information in their system. You feel sorry for them as they fumble around. I won't even blame the call center staff, as it's obvious the responsibility lies on the complete negligence of the Air India management to run an efficient operation. Why are airlines allowed to get away with this behavior? Any other business would have been shut down a long time ago. This is not a review of the flight experience itself, which is generally average, but if you can fly with a better airline, absolutely do it.
RouteHong Kong to Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"bad experience as always"

Trip Verified | Every time there a bad experience with Air India. This time I’m flyng Amritsar from Delhi. I’m currently in flight right now and writing this review. Before this there was a huge line for boarding where before entering the craft they were taking the luggage as there no space for luggage in the craft. While asking the reason for that they were silent. As per my knowledge one baggage is allowed per person so how come all the space is full? No explanation at all. When the lady sent me further where the guy is putting a luggage tag got offended when I asked him why is this happening. Rude staff, bad experience as always.
RouteDelhi to Amritsar
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"was our worst experience"

Trip Verified | We were coming back to canada from india on 31 of December and we faced a lot of problems on the Delhi airport the staff of Air India was so unprofessional and rude. The staff didn’t even know what documents they are required to check. They don’t mention anything before you book the ticket that what documents they are going to ask from you on airport for just giving you the boarding pass. How can a marriage certificate is required to get your boarding pass. Moreover we did online check in and booked our seats but on the airport they are giving us separate seats. It is not possible to sit separately from your family for a flight of 15 hours and then if you tell them to solve the issue they don’t even listen to you. Travelling with Air India was our worst experience till now. I hope this review will taken into consideration and steps will be taken to make the service better in future.
RouteDelhi to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2020

"highlight the zeal and enthusiasm"

Trip Verified | Having flown with this airline for quite some time, it is for the first time I feel compelled to write a review which is essentially to highlight the zeal and enthusiasm of two Air India staff. Ruwan at the ticketing counter and Rohit at the boarding gate, had sparkle in their eyes, spring in their steps and an infectious smile while attending to all sorts of queries of passengers yet not letting the guard down in these Covid challenging times. There pro customers behaviour and keenness to take that extra step for our satisfaction and making us comfortable is praiseworthy.
RouteNew Delhi to Srinagar
Date FlownDecember 2020

"34 days with no sign of refund"

Trip Verified | I booked the return ticket ($ 682) for my mother-in-law in Dec 2019 for travel date on 29 Dec 2020. Firstly, they deducted the money but didn't send the ticket. After numerous calls they finally gave the duplicate itinerary. Later due to COVID-19, the flight was cancelled. After numerous calls to their Customer Confusion Number, I could not get single value for cancellation charges. I got values from $100 to $ 400. They also told that under Melbourne to Delhi flight we still need to pay extra $ 1300. Total ticket price was coming almost three times the normal fare with no guarantee of flights. I immediately booked ticket for my mother in law in charter flights for only $ 1095. I submitted request for cancellation of e-ticket on 24 Nov 2020 to the specified email but did not received any response. After numerous calls they finally said that I need to lodge a ticket and the helpdesk, the details for which is no where mentioned on the website. In their initial response they informed that I should wait for 3-4 weeks with no mention of amount which will be credited. I am still counting at 34 days with no sign of refund. Wish I had the clock used by Air India as mine seems to be ticking too fast.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2020

"Terrible service"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Delhi with Air India. Worst airline ever. Short on meals. Short on right about everything. No coffee available, short on drinks. Terrible service. Screens onboard didn't work.
RouteToronto to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2020

"they didn’t even say sorry"

Not Verified | Toronto to Amritsar. I was flying along with my husband and son. We mentioned our vegetarian meal while booking and we told the crew member as well about our meal option. But they gave us chicken. We asked to replace the food. They gave us new ones but didn’t even say sorry.
RouteToronto to Amritsar
Date FlownNovember 2020

"been waiting for almost 31 days now"

Trip Verified | Be very careful when booking flights through this carrier. If you happen to cancel the tickets due to unexpected reasons you will not get your funds back. I have been waiting for almost 31 days now and the cost of the tickets around 3000 USD is not being refunded by Air India. None of their call center folks will give a response. All call center employees will direct you to ecommerce.airindia email id. No response will come form that ID. How can one keep funds with them for services not provided.
RouteChicago to Hyderabad via Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2019

"fares were quite reasonable"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Kolkata. The flight was relatively sparse and check in was a breeze although at Bangalore airport the safety checks were at a higher level and the fares were quite reasonable which was good. The flight was on time and boarding started well in advance. The only thing that was an issue was the screen guards which were provided. I could not see anything with them on which didn't make sense because just a couple of months earlier, the screen guards were proper. So it must have been an exception. Landing also happened well ahead of schedule. At a time when all private carriers are trying to profit from this situation, Air India seems to be flying reliably during these times. Keep up the good work.
AircraftA320 Neo