Air India

"Overall, very nice experience"

Trip Verified | Surat to New Delhi. Seats were spacious compared to Indigo and Spicejet. Departed on time but arrived late due to traffic congestion at Delhi airport. Although I faced trouble in doing web check in, I got boarding pass without any hassle at Surat airport. Meal, though complimentary, was not up to the mark (esp Idli and upma) compared to sandwich provided by Indigo and Spicejet (though not complementary); tea and yoghurt was delicious. Nice experience of having Air host in lieu of Air hostess, who was very polite, helping, and professional. Since I booked a day before, price was quite high, but still cheapest. Overall, very nice experience.
RouteSurat to New Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I was just 2-3 mins late"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Delhi. Very rude and uncooperative staff. My flight take off time was 8:50 pm and I reached the airport check-in desk at 8:09 pm. The check-in lady wasted some time but after some urging, she was willing to allow me to check-in but her supervisor standing behind her said no need to entertain me and did not allow me to check in. It was an urgent trip for me as I had to report to job the very next morning and he said:- "if your trip was urgent you would have come earlier". If I am spending 7000 rupees at least I can expect is to be allowed to check in if the aircraft is parked in the airport with another 40 mins of time before takeoff. It takes at least 15 min for the process of boarding to be completed and I was just 2-3 mins late to the counter closing. Not only am I highly disappointed at this but also extremely angry due to this blatant looting of money in the form of denial of service when there is 43 mins to time to taking-off. I will never choose to use the service of Air-India in future..
RouteKolkata to Delhi
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Never taking Air India again"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Lucknow. The most inconvenient flight I’ve boarded in my entire life. First, they put me in an international flight, from Delhi to Lucknow. The entire flight was full of men hardly 5 female boarded the plain other than me. I was given a seat in the middle of two creepy men constant trying to tap my hands and legs. The refreshment - 2 butter cookies and a juice carton worth 20 bucks. Disgrace! One good thing they do on domestic flights is at least serve a veg wrap & muffin - especially morning. To further add to my frustration, the porters shared the domestic luggage half an hour later on the belt, where the international luggage was put within the first 5 minutes. Half of the luggage anyway was going back in the connecting flight for the passengers. What a crazy morning! Never taking Air India again.
AircraftAI 992
RouteDelhi to Lucknow
Date FlownOctober 2018

"they do not update the movies"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to London via Delhi. I was very pleased with the service going to Calcutta as the flight arrived well before time and food was good too (but could do with proper hot food as it doesn't taste good when cold, even the tea). I wondered why they do not update the movies - same old Indian movies, also on my return to London everything was good until I received my suitcase they mishandled it and broke it. Will I get a compensation on that?
RouteKolkata to London via Delhi

"Worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | Newark to Bangalore via Mumbai. Worst flight experience. I travelled with my husband. Flight from Newark airport to Mumbai airport, seats were not comfortable, the screen and the remote was defective. We were literally fighting with the screen to select the movie or pause or play it. The remote few buttons was missing for both of us. Food was not good and bread were hard and cold. The service was also not good. Our connecting flight is from Mumbai to Bangalore. We are still waiting at the airport which forced me to share this review at this moment itself. It seems our connecting flight didn't reach airport. After such a long journey it is tiresome to wait for the next flight without any estimation and food. Will try to avoid Air India flight by heart.
RouteNewark to Bangalore via Mumbai

"utterly ridiculous"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Delhi. I bought 3 tickets on the mobile app all seem fine then the money went off my card but received a message that the ticket was not successful. After calling to India at a massive expense i was told sorry the tickets were cancelled, I have to make a booking online rather than the App - but how can I do this the money was already taken from me. No one that can speak on the phone was willing to help - they said email and they will refund but it will take 10-15 days. This is totally and utterly ridiculous.
RouteBangkok to Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2017

"The flight was the worst"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London. The flight was the worst I’ve ever travelled in. They charged me an extra 20,000 rupees at the airport. The customer service of Air India mentioned something else and when we followed exactly what the Air India people said, we were charged an extra 20,000. I am extremely disappointed as a consumer and I know for a fact that I rather pay a lot extra for another flight but I will not be travelling in Air India again. The Air India officials are extremely rude and do not know how to talk to their consumers. The flight was the most unpleasant experience I had.
RouteDelhi to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flight standard and uneventful"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Bangalore. I had taken this afternoon flight hoping to arrive in the evening but however as soon as I checked in, I realized that the flight was delayed by over 2 hours and was instead to depart in the evening which was not an ideal situation even though the notification and updates were provided. So I had to kill time at the airport as there was plenty of time on my hands. The flight then took off at the new departure time and the flight was not exactly a full flight and the pushback was on time so the service was on the leisurely side. Dinner was served on this flight due to the delayed departure and during the course of the flight the pilots had kept the passengers updated regarding the course of the flight and the other details which was a good touch because not many pilots tend to do it as much as it should be done. Touchdown was also on time and baggage was swiftly collected from the belts which led to a swift embarkation. Overall, apart from the 2 hours delay which was of no serious consequence, everything else on the flight was standard and uneventful, the crew was engaging and friendly.
RouteMumbai to Bengaluru

Air India customer review

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Mumbai. I usually travel to Bangalore for business/ work related trips and have gone by Air India and never encountered any problems. The checkin process was smooth and baggage drop without any hassles. The flight departed on time, was pretty full with an all female cabin crew who managed to do a very good job of looking after passengers. On this short segment, a hot breakfast was served (Air India serves an all vegeterian meal on all their domestic sectors) which was very good. This was an excellent, smooth flight which was handled well from start to finish. Would definitely fly with them again.
RouteBangalore to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"crew was very courteous"

Not Verified | We had flown on 27th September 2018 on Air India flight from Pune to New York via Delhi. My seat number was D45. It was a very pleasant flight. The crew was very courteous, the food was good and on the whole I would rate it as excellent. Keep up the good work.
RoutePune to New York via Delhi