Air India

"seat was comfortable"

Trip Verified | New Delhi to Bangkok. Ticket had been bought the day before from an airport agent. Check-in was quick and straightforward. The queue was very short. Boarding was uncomplicated and efficient. The flight took off and landed on time. I asked for and received an exit row seat. The seat was reasonably comfortable and there was plenty of leg room. Dinner was served about an hour after take off. I declined the meal because I had eaten in the terminal but from what I saw it seemed to be OK. I wanted to rest so I did not try the IFE. Baggage was waiting for me on arrival at the belt because I had an excessive delay getting medical clearance for Bangkok.
RouteNew Delhi to Bangkok

"third-rated airline"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Delhi. Anyone reading this review please please save yourself by not booking with this airline. Booking system to the website to the customer service is very poor. Imagine you call them and they disconnect phone after waiting for 2 hours and call centre had no clue how to resolve queries. what a third-rated airline. Due to the Corona Virus where all good airlines offered a refund or full credit and longer exchange dates but Air India choose to mint money. Bunch of greedy jokers. Please pay a bit extra and use a different airline and you will thank me later.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"No basic assistance was offered"

Trip Verified | Due to bad weather my flight couldn't land at the final destination and was diverted to another city. No basic assistance was offered to any passenger, and long story short, we slept at the airport and arrived at the final destination 24h later than the original ETA. A flight compensation, refund, or cancelation report was refused to all passengers. If I was Indian, I would feel ashamed of having such a rubbish company representing my country and my flag. Next time I will spend 30$ more to fly with any other airline.
RouteDubai to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Not a good 12-13 hour flight"

Not Verified | Delhi to Melbourne. Not a good 12-13 hour flight. No entertainment, no footrest, no window shade (button missing with tape over) unserviced washrooms with broken panels - this is the scenario after delayed take-off and no announcements. Only 2 staff for an almost full cabin so no smile or attention there. The food is only a choice of vegetarian or non-vegetarian; both Indian and spicy - even the one we were woken for at 3 am! For this we were charged $1600 one way, which reduced the next day to $1100! Obviously taking advantage of people needing to get home before the curfew then when plane was fully booked, making the price appear more reasonable. The only way this airline could be surviving is because they have non stop flights between destinations that no one else services. Terrible.
RouteDelhi to Melbourne

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Paris to Chennai via Delhi. Worst airline ever. This is the first and last time I'll travel with Air India. I just couldn't believe it. The plane was worst than a low-cost. The seats were torn, arm rest not working, service very limited (foil paper on the plates), toilet not flushing, taps not working, stinks, headphones not working, entertainment poor. I will never travel by this airline again.
RouteParis to Chennai via Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"you will regret it"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Delhi. Worst airline ever. Old and dirty aircraft, bad food and the worst of all is the customer service. If you need it they will leave you for hours and hours waiting in the phone, and of course you have to pay for it, it's not a free call. Then if you are lucky and they pick up the phone, after several hours, then the nightmare starts, they pass you from one agent to other to finally hang out or just put you again up to waiting calls, no giving answers, not giving solutions. Now in the middle of the coronavirus crisis, they don't care about customers. And another nice detail is they can change your flight when they like, as many times as they like just by sending you an email. Never use it, you will regret it.
RouteMadrid to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"airplane felt 20 years old"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Mumbai via Delhi. Was struck by the filthiness and age of the airplanes of Air India. Boeing 787's aren't that old but airplane felt 20 years old. Dirty and worn down. Food was very poor and I ended up not eating at all to be honest. Cabin crew was OK but not especially friendly. Booked emergency exit row so had LOTS of leg space which I think helped. Uneventful trip overall. Delhi-Mumbai leg was flown with a Boeing 747 that actually WAS 20 years old. Worn out and dirty. But good legspace also in economy and we were served snacks and drinks on this 2 hour flight. Landed a bit delayed and was 1 hour late out of Delhi. Enforced priority boarding on both flight (I am Star Gold) which is appreciated. Overall OK airline a good value for money. Only airline flying directly from Scandinavia to India so a good choice.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 747
RouteCopenhagen to Mumbai via Delhi

"old and tatty planes"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to London Heathrow. Always delayed. Terribly old and tatty planes. Seats are expensive, but what you get for your money makes no sense. Broken seats, arm rests, media units etc. Staff do not care, as they are used to having the same comments from passengers daily. Won't use them again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMumbai to London Heathrow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly with Air India"

Trip Verified | Surat to Delhi. Its a worst airline I ever had. The flight was delay by 1 hour and we got notification and once we reach the airport they told it is delayed by 3 hours and because of that I missed my connecting flight. And when I went to talk to the Air India airport staff, One of the member told that they can't do anything as their responsibility is to transfer the passenger from one city to other. They don't care about the time and they are not afraid of anyone if we file a complain. As I asked for compensation, they told me that "it's my fault that I booked a flight from Air India, So they will not help me for new tickets or not give any compensation." They should learn some manners as they were really rude and they are not ready to help at all. I am personally saying, never fly with Air India. Worst Airline and worst staff .
RouteSurat to Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"We had the worst experience"

Not Verified | Toronto to Delhi. We had the worst experience. To start with the flight was delayed by 1:30 hour from Toronto, followed by the entertainment not working on the seat assigned, issue was raised to the flight personnel multiple times with no action or resolution provided. After 5 hours demanded to speak to supervisor who did not have any kind of explanation to it, we asked for a change of seat which was refused as well, we did fill a feedback form and no one has replied back on the same. The flight was more than half empty in first and business class and they should have the least provided us to change seats, the airline representative themselves blamed the airline and said this is what it is deal with it. The supervisor even mentioned that entertainment is not a part of the price paid so deal with it.
RouteToronto to Delhi