Air India

"was pleasantly surprised"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Chennai to Delhi. I was skeptical when booking a flight with Air India because the website is like from 90'. When boarding I was pleasantly surprised. Even for me (2m tall guy) more than enough leg room, comfortable seats. The dinner was included for this short (2h30m) flight.
RouteChennai to Delhi

"impolite, lack hospitality"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Kathmandu. Don't ever fly this this airlines, it was overbooked and they will just bump you out of the flight. The duty managers, and ground staff are very impolite, lack hospitality and are unaware about customer rights.
RouteDelhi to Kathmandu
Date FlownMarch 2019

"one of Air India's best products"

Trip Verified | The second onward connection from Delhi to San Francisco was scheduled in the evening and on this sector surprisingly not all the seats were full as the airline has increased the frequency of flights to SFO. Boarding happened on time and departure was ahead of the scheduled time which was a big plus. Once airborne on this 17 hour flight, the crew regularly looked after the passengers with food and drinks at regular intervals. At my seat the IFE was not working but it was not of any real consequence as I had planned on maximizing my sleep / rest time onboard. There were 3 hot meals provided on this sector with refreshments / dinner / breakfast provided. As there were some seats vacant I was able to slip back to those seats, stretch out and take good rest for 3-4 hours which was a huge advantage as I was feeling really fresh upon arrival which was 15 minutes ahead of schedule. I believe along with DEL-JFK, this flight is also one of Air India's best products as it reduces the travel time considerably and the service is warm and hospitable. Kudos to the crew for an amazing flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteDelhi to San Francisco

"everything went well"

Trip Verified | I had taken the morning flight to Delhi as part of my onward connection to San Francisco and as the web check-in was already done prior to arriving at the airport, the baggage just had to be dropped at the counter. Then post security checks boarding happened on time which was a plus but as the checked in baggage was still getting loaded it caused a slight delay in pushback and departure happened 20 mins past the scheduled time. Once airborne, refreshments were served consisting of pav Bhaji with samosa chaat and chocolate cake which was very sumptuous. Arrival into Delhi was 15 mins past the departure time but it didn't cause any problems with catching the onward flight. It was a good standard flight and everything went well. Thank you Air India.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteMumbai to Delhi

"unhelpful, lazy staff"

Not Verified | Flight was delayed from Goa to Bangalore by 8 hours by Air India, then they brought our connecting flight from Bangalore to Bangkok forward by one hour too. Therefore missed the Bangkok flight. The staff at Bangalore were the most unhelpful, lazy staff I have ever encountered. Eventually, wanted to reroute us to Delhi, wait for hours there, and then fly to Bangkok arriving more than a day late. Ended up buying a new ticket from Bangalore to Bangkok with another airline. Low and behold our returning flight with Air India we were informed when we arrived at he airport at 4am, was delayed by 8.5 hours. Missed our connecting flight again, going back to Goa and had to buy new tickets. Air India totally didn't care. Useless, airline - don't deserve any business. Will never use again. Avoid at all costs.
RouteBangalore to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2019

"not recommend anyone to use"

Not Verified | Sydney to Delhi. What a way to celebrate the international womens day than spend 5 hours with mom at the Delhi customs office, where we literally left close to midnight. This is after completing a 12 hour journey from Sydney on a flight with Air India. On the day that Air India was boasting about having an all women crew on all flights originating from India, My mother and I were struggling dealing with the rash, unprofessional and unethical officials at the AI office. This was my first and last experience with Air India My only reason to opt for this airline was because Air India is the only flight that was flying direct, allowing me and my pet to travel together. There were a lot things that went down that day, that showed lack to professionalism, ethics, corruption and misconduct. Firstly, my pet exporting company did not get a response from Air India till less than 24 hrs of travel , despite submitting all documentation more than a week ago . Secondly , I was waiting at the airport for least 40 mins as per the advice of the baggage team for my pets collection. After constantly nagging them for more Information, they told me to collect the cat from the cargo area without any directions provided to locate of the building. The Air India cargo group and customs office had absolutely no idea on how to deal with the import of a pet . There was a very obvious lack of training , and lack of knowledge of the process and protocol . All I saw was chaos and officials palming us off from one dept to another. Thirdly , air india mucked me around for another 2 hours before actually sending me to the right dept, all I heard throughout my discussion with them was whether I have an agent as they mostly deal with agents. I assume these are the middle men who get the job done. I told them there is no need for these as ACQS India has a well defined protocol that they should be following , to which that had absolutely no response apart from "I should hire an agent. " The middle men in India will follow the same process as what I did, the only difference would be some extra cash they slip in the pockets of these officials, who did not seem to want to do the job. I was also told that the server was down for maintenance that day, and the money has to be transferred online and only using the net bank of public banks such as PNB. The customs kept repeating that the Air India was not responding . However when my mom reached her threshold at 10. 30 pm and lashed out at the entire dept creating a a scene, the job was done within 15 mins. Air India was responding , the server was working and the money was collected in cash. We were given the gate pass to collect our cat and mom and I finally left the premises at 11 pm at night. This was my warm welcome back to my country. I can only imagine the loops they make foreign citizens go through. Finally, Air India has a vigilance dept, which provides a phone no. to report such misconduct and malpractices. As expected the number does not work. I do hope no one else goes through, what I went through I would not recommend anyone to use this airline after my experience. The airline is 2.5 on a scale of 10, there are some serious concerns with the management.
RouteSydney to Delhi

"not received wheelchair"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Mumbai. The ticket is not showing up info that flight terminal is changed. When I called the airline authorities a day before my travel to confirm on two wheelchair requirements, they acknowledged for it but never stated that terminal is different. When I called at day of travel they stated we have not received wheelchair ask from you, we don't have escalation point of contact so call later. My dad had to carry my old aged grandmoms through shuttle bus and had to arrange wheelchair at the airport after making several requests
RouteHyderabad to Mumbai
Date FlownMarch 2019

"she said we can get refund"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Amritsar. As my wife have pain knees, we thought pay for seats with extra leg room, paid £120 for both of us for both ways. When we arrived at check in desk Birmingham Airport, lady said are you both physically fit, I replied no, then she said you can’t have these exit seats, I have to assign you different seats. Plus she said we can get refund and gave me email address and phone number to contact Air India. I emailed them after 5 weeks they told me they can’t give me refund it’s on their website in term and conditions, I am sure I didn’t see that somewhere when I choose the seats.
RouteBirmingham to Amritsar

"a wonderful airline"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Delhi. Air India is a wonderful airline. The service is great. The only problems are that the seats cushion are uncomfortable and the inflight entertainment screen is a pain to use. Otherwise everything else is good and the flight was on time.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteNew York JFK to Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"very old with torn seat covers"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Bangalore. The aircraft was very old with torn seat covers and very poor seat cushions and cabin lighting. The food was decent, service was decent, but the drinks options were limited to only two. The toilets seats were very untidy with a lot unclean spots all around. The punctuality and timing were smooth.
RouteDubai to Bangalore