Air India

"Customer care support is worst"

Not Verified | I will never book ticket with Air India. They cancelled the flight 12 hours before and scheduled it two days later. Again they canceled 12 hours before second time and scheduled to next day. Customer care support is worst and they just keep your call in hold more than hour and simply cut the call without details and also they never call back even mentioned to give a call back if call dropped in between. I had to call 5 times to speak with customer care support and it took more than 5 hours. Worst management and they don't care about customer satisfaction. I am not going to travel with Air India.
RouteWashington to Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"haven’t been able to refund me"

Trip Verified | During the summer of 2020 I wasn’t able to take the plane because of covid, and my 700€ ticket still to this day hasn’t been refunded. I have called and waited, and spent so much energy on this company, but they took me for a fool and still haven’t been able to refund me. Their service company is horrible and several times they have hung up on me while I was waiting. Never ever buy a ticket from them as you will never be paid back if you do not take the plane
RouteParis to Sydney via Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"told now the change fee had increased"

Trip Verified | I had to transit through Delhi and was asked to do a repeat PCR in spite of already holding a negative PCR report from my first flight. By the time I got the test done in the airport, I lost my connection. I approached the desk of Air India and was told there was a later flight and I need to pay 3000 INR to get into that flight. I arranged to pay but they asked to see the negative report of the new test. When I brought the report I was told now the change fee had increased to 4500 rupees. In desperation, I agreed but was told they would only change the flight after I brought the luggage that was checked on the earlier flight. I got my luggage and as expected the counter staff of Air India told me now the change fee had become 7000 rupees. I was desperate to reach my destination and paid it but I dread to even think the plight of those who were wailing at the counters since they did not have the means to pay.
RouteBhubaneswar to Dubai via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Never travel with Air India again"

Not Verified | Never travel with Air India again. Firstly they cancelled the flight a day before and never even bothered to inform us. As we had already checked in they took our boarding pass and gave as a new one which stated a night flight. After such long wait and discussion back then they shifted us on the next day morning flight. Later when we were there they emphasised on RTPCR even after having double vaccination certificate and rude staff was so keen on making our experience worst stating don't keep the bag like this keep like that, as if we were the porters for her.
RouteBhopal to Mumbai
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Booking a ticket online is such a pain"

Not Verified | Booking a ticket online is such a pain. I tried booking online from Australia and everytime the payment failed. Then I tried booking via the tickets via their 24 hrs helpline and I had to call their call center multiple times for a total duration of 5 hrs before I could finally book the tickets. For every call, the Call center agent verifies the details again and then transfers the call to the ticketing team for booking, cancellations, rescheduling and refunds. But then the call gets disconnected invariably after 30 mins. I faced this same issue when I tried to reschedule my return domestic flight as my original flight was cancelled. Why can we not access the direct line to the ticketing team when are actually choosing that option while calling the call center? I think this is the biggest pain, please fix this. I will not prefer to travel with Air India unless I am in a pinch. Online booking and Call center delays are the biggest two issues which will keep the customer away, so please fix this.
RouteSydney to Kolkata via Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2021

"I would say to not fly Air India "

Not Verified | San Francisco to Delhi. Everything went pretty smoothly from check in to boarding. However, the flight wasn’t the best. The IFEs barely worked, so we didn’t have entertainment for nearly 5-6 hours until they fixed it. The seats were also very uncomfortable, so I barely got any sleep. The cabin crew was friendly, and the meals were nice. I would say to not fly Air India for international travel.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi

"Absolute horrendous experience!

Not Verified | Please do not use Air India unless it's an absolute emergency 80% 9f their inflight entertainment systems don't work, this is for an international flight of 15 hours. Baggage check in take 2 hours at a minimum. There was incorrect communication on baggage transfers and people lost their bags. Absolute horrendous experience.
RouteDelhi to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Boarding delay and nothing but chaos"

Not Verified | Ease of booking: No problem except the Travel Agent could not insert your frequent flyer number (if outside of Air India) during ticket booking. Had to do so at the time of check in to ensure that the United frequent flyer was printed on the Boarding Pass. Air India should ensure that any Star Alliance number can be inserted into the booking. Check-In Almost trouble free - the staff at Toronto was diligent in verifying vaccination status and RT-PCR test results. Staff must be trained to insert the Frequent Flyer number from other star alliance airlines. Boarding delay and nothing but chaos! There was no separate queue for business class. The counter was surrounded by passengers and the boarding was not started at the scheduled time. Smooth flight, great Boeing 777 and great meals! However, after the first 2 hours, the toilets were not looked after and supplies were not re-stocked. Extraordinary courtesy by cabin crew, very helpful to the families with kids and senior citizens. Air India Lounge at Delhi airport with very little supplies and hardly any variety of food. Cramped space during the pandemic. I flew from Delhi to Mumbai after the 14 hour flight from Toronto to Delhi. It was another chaotic boarding with 1 person at the boarding point and a lot of interference by Air India non-flying crew members as they tried to get best seats for themselves and their family members having passes. My own business class seat was changed in favor of a Captain's daughter flying on the flight. Air India can do much better by not disturbing or bumping around paying passengers in favor of non-paying ones. Delhi Airport Crowd management can be improved a lot, especially during these pandemic times.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteToronto to Delhi via Mumbai
Date FlownNovember 2021

"there is absolutely no clue what is going on"

Not Verified | The flight was supposed to take off by 11.50am, however even at 3.45pm (almost 4hrs now) there is absolutely no clue what is going on, still awaiting any announcements about when we would take off. To make it worse even the crew or pilot cant make any meaningful announcements to let people know of the condition, absolutely radio silence except for all kids screaming and people impatiently walking about. Did I mention broken display, so no entertainment either.
RouteToronto to Kochi via Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Worst customer service experience"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service experience ever. Called 8 times and spoke to 8 different customer service representatives about refund my ticket. Some times representative would cut my call. This didn't happen once or twice but four times!. Horrible airline with horrible customer service and not worth the money at all.
RouteKozhikode to Dubai