Air India

"charged Rs 20,000 for luggage weight"

Trip Verified | The Ticketing staff at Delhi Terminal 3 is worst. I had to stand for 2 hours just to drop bags even after e-checking and when my turn came I was thrown here and there and charged Rs 20,000 for luggage weight. I don’t Mind giving the amount if it’s the rule and is legit. The desk person let go a girl without even weighing her carry on telling her, why do you want to weigh it, if you can lift it, that means it’s not that’s heavy, and the same guy charged me around Rs 600 per kg. I don’t mind doing that but what I saw him doing with that girl is totally unprofessional. Save yourself from a rude experience by not traveling by Air India.
RouteDelhi to Dehradun
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"flight has been re-scheduled three times"

Trip Verified | My original travel date was on 16th January and flight has been re-scheduled three times. Worst thing is that their call centre staff are so rude, so never again!!
RouteLondon to Cochin
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Not following protocols or any rules"

Trip Verified | The staff are not at all polite. They are so rude and are doing things in their on will. Not following protocols or any rules. I was flying from Cochin to Delhi then to Toronto in a Air India connection flight. The Air India staff from Delhi did not let me fly even when I had a valid PCR report with me. They were so rude and they stopped me from boarding telling that they need to verify my result. The supervisor at the Delhi Airport was being so irresponsible and later was not clearly saying anything about why I'm not eligible to travel. Then he later apologized and told me he will book one ticket for me the next day. I stayed there from 1 am in the morning to 11 am talking to everyone in Air India asking about this issue. No one responded in a good way and even was laughing at me. The supervisors are even worse with no responsibility. They even took back my boarding pass from Delhi to Toronto to take away the proof. Worst ever flight experience and I lost 1 lakh 10,000 rupees for a new ticket. They didn't even refund me or didn't do anything even when they did the wrong thing to me.
RouteCochin to Toronto via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"the inflight experience was quite nice"

Trip Verified | On this flight from Kolkata to Bangalore, when I tried to do the web check in, I came to know that the flight got rescheduled by 2 hours which was unexpected and not exactly welcome as we were hoping to save some time. Also when doing the web check in, I was also surprised to see that the system was unable to recognize the PNR which was quite strange, however the mobile check in was successful and even though the timing of the flight was uncertain, just 1 day before the departure, the airline provided a confirmation of the flight timings via SMS. The baggage drop and ground process was quick and smooth. Boarding was on schedule and the departure was also slightly delayed by 15 mins due to the air show in Bangalore. However the crew made up for the time en-route. The airline has also resumed full meal service and lunch was provided which was a welcome addition. The meal was good and nice and we landed 5 minutes ahead of schedule which was good. The web check in experience could have been better and also the rescheduling was not exactly welcome but the inflight experience was quite nice and the crew was very good in looking after the passengers. I would fly with Air India again in the future for the right price and timing convenience but they need to try to minimize the rescheduling of flights.
RouteKolkata to Bengaluru
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Worst staff behaviour ever!"

Trip Verified | Worst staff behaviour ever! My flight was 16:15 on jan 25th but it reschedule by 20 min earlier to 15:55 on the same day. I reached airport (boarding pass counter) at 15:05. They checked I have done my web checking also, immediately they said the luggage belt is close but boarding is going on but I can’t go with my luggage. I have to throw it there. I said I’ll carry my with me in hand luggage but still they not ready. Finally after five minutes they argued I decide to throw my 1 luggage in dustbin so at least I can go, but still they said we don’t have time to to do all this. Very rude arrogant attitude they have.
RouteKolkata to Chennai
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"such a terrible experience"

Not Verified | I am having such a terrible experience with Air India airline. I forgot my baggage in the aircraft and there is absolutely no response from the airline. Have been waiting at the airport for an hour. They bluntly reply that they don't have any staff to pick up the bag and they can't do anything about it. I have never experienced such an unresponsive and cold attitude on behalf of airline staff. I don't think I will choose Air India flight again.
RouteAhmedabad to Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Such a terrible airline"

Not Verified | I booked the ticket for my parents from Assam to Bangalore via Kolkata as there were no direct flight available on the particular date and i booked it only on the basis of the waiting period which was very less compared to the other flights. However on the day the flight which was suppose to take off at 8:30 and reach Bengaluru by max 3pm on the same day took off at 11 from Assam which is understandable because it can get quite foggy during winter. But after reaching Kolkata there was no information or any message from the airline regarding the delayed flight to Bengaluru. My dad has a chronic kidney disease and its difficult to travel for long hour and moreover they are not frequent flyers. Not even a single staff from air India passed any kind of information and on enquiry they simply raised their eyebrow with that arrogant attitude. I wonder what they are so proud of I just wish i had their names. The airline completely forgot their customer. Such a terrible airline. There is more to it, so the flight was delayed from Kolkata to Bengaluru via Hyderabad again by LEGIT 11hr which was also unsure of. Finally they boarded the flight at 10:50pm and reached Bengaluru at 3pm. Overall these airline have the worst attitude towards their customer.
RouteDibrugarh to Bengaluru via Kolkata

"Completely disgusted with my experience2

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Average airline with terrible customer service and unacceptable corporate behavior. Completely disgusted with my experience. After a year of chasing Air India for a refund due to a flight that they cancelled, I have yet to receive a single cent. I did not even find out about the cancellation until after I arrived to the airport and was informed at the check in counter. Apparently they tried to call me once and I didn't pick up. No email notification, nor text...nothing. Several emails went by without a response. For months I waited, repeatedly calling customer service, until I received an email saying they would only issue a refund when things returned "to normalcy." Now it has been 12 months. Half of the time you call their number, you will get a message saying it's the wrong number. The other half of the time it won't go through at all. When you finally reach them, you receive service from staff so incompetent it's obvious they were not even given basic training of how to look up information in their system. You feel sorry for them as they fumble around. I won't even blame the call center staff, as it's obvious the responsibility lies on the complete negligence of the Air India management to run an efficient operation. Why are airlines allowed to get away with this behavior? Any other business would have been shut down a long time ago. This is not a review of the flight experience itself, which is generally average, but if you can fly with a better airline, absolutely do it.
RouteHong Kong to Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"bad experience as always"

Trip Verified | Every time there a bad experience with Air India. This time I’m flyng Amritsar from Delhi. I’m currently in flight right now and writing this review. Before this there was a huge line for boarding where before entering the craft they were taking the luggage as there no space for luggage in the craft. While asking the reason for that they were silent. As per my knowledge one baggage is allowed per person so how come all the space is full? No explanation at all. When the lady sent me further where the guy is putting a luggage tag got offended when I asked him why is this happening. Rude staff, bad experience as always.
RouteDelhi to Amritsar
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"was our worst experience"

Trip Verified | We were coming back to canada from india on 31 of December and we faced a lot of problems on the Delhi airport the staff of Air India was so unprofessional and rude. The staff didn’t even know what documents they are required to check. They don’t mention anything before you book the ticket that what documents they are going to ask from you on airport for just giving you the boarding pass. How can a marriage certificate is required to get your boarding pass. Moreover we did online check in and booked our seats but on the airport they are giving us separate seats. It is not possible to sit separately from your family for a flight of 15 hours and then if you tell them to solve the issue they don’t even listen to you. Travelling with Air India was our worst experience till now. I hope this review will taken into consideration and steps will be taken to make the service better in future.
RouteDelhi to Toronto