Air India

"gate staff and the cabin crew were uninterested"

Trip Verified | Was travelling for an interview from Mumbai to Delhi, the company had booked it because it was the cheapest morning flight. The check-in process was smooth at BOM - the first time I have been able to print a boarding pass at an airport while flying Air India. The gate staff and the cabin crew were uninterested, but not unpleasant either. The food was good South Indian fare. The flight left Mumbai and arrived at Delhi on time. Was pretty uneventful, and was fairly inexpensive, considering that it was bought at the last monent.
RouteMumbai to Delhi

"a terrible airline"

Trip Verified | London to Delhi. Air India is a terrible airline. They lost my luggage first which was recovered after a week. Then the airline suggested me to go pick my luggage from Amritsar airport and was promised that i will get paid the cab fare. When i reached there the official there told me different story that we cant pay you then I called delhi airport and told my side of story and they gave me one email id and asked me to email there and promised me to solve my problem quickly. Its been more than a month they have stopped picking my calls and nit even responding to my emails.
RouteLondon to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | What a pathetic airline company! They announced that there was a massive delay of 6 hours just a couple of hours before I left for the flight and had no announcement other than a cryptic email that they sent. There were no instructions on the flight or at the airport, they did not provide lounge access. They offered me snacks in return for the 6 hour delay. I'd never recommend this airline. I'd requested a special meal and they did not even provide it adding insult to injury. The air hostess said she would look into it and get back and never did.
RouteBangalore to San Francisco via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"company and staff are joke"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Cochin via Delhi. Overall this company and staff are joke. My flight from Toronto was 11 hours delayed. Then the next flight which I was supposed to be on apparently was full. Waited for 19 hours at a hotel full of roaches. The next connection flight after 19 hours delay (6 hours wait was expected) then was further delayed for 2 more hours. The staff says its totally normal. They promises a lot to avoid you from counter when they dont have an answer. 0/5 rating.
RouteToronto to Cochin via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

" experience was terrible"

Trip Verified | Sydney to New Delhi. The flight experience was terrible. Staff was not friendly and was very rude. Service was not good at all.food was terribleIt was a very bad and horrible experience of our lives.
RouteSydney to New Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"his seat was falling apart"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai. My seat was rather old, as this was an older 777, and the wear and tear was evident. The tray table was rather dirty, and I had pointed this out to the flight attendant. She did so promptly. The guy behind me was very upset, as he said that his seat was falling apart. They moved him to another seat. The food was good. However, I am concerned about the state of the aircraft. Also, I am disappointed that the crew did not control the passengers when it was time to disembark. The aircraft was not even at the gate, yet passengers were all up and opening the overhead bins. Not a pretty sight!
AircraftBoing 777
RouteLondon to Mumbai

"treated us very poorly"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Vienna via Delhi. Air India was by far one of the worst airlines, I flew with. It was a more or less cheap flight, so the food and drinks were ok, though the breakfast was not edible in my opinion (some sort of croissant with cream cheese and ketchup?). The staff was very unfriendly. When you asked for something, like a glass of water or some help with the screen in front of you, which didn't work at all, or froze in the middle of a film, they helped unwillingly. During the return flight to Delhi, we had 2 hours delay, we said to the staff before boarding that we had a transfer flight to Vienna and we couldn't miss it. They said, that they would take care of it, but they didn't! So in total 12 people missed the transfer flight and had to wait 24 hours in the Delhi airport until the next flight. They provided dinner and breakfast at one specific restaurant, but didn't organize any accommodations, nor did they give us any care products or blankets to sleep (let me tell you, it's very cold and loud in the Delhi airport). I don't recommend this airline, they treated us very poorly and we didn't get any compensation for the LONG wait.
RouteColombo to Vienna via Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"had a very good flight"

Not Verified | My family had a very good flight from Melbourne to Delhi. Being in business class helped. The check in and boarding was fine. Surprise to receive a very good amenities kit and PJ’s. The aircraft was clean as were the toilets. Seating was excellent. However the service and food (Breakfast, lunch and a snack) was not up to the standard of QF,SQ & CX. Once the meal service was finished didn’t see the hostess. Limited choice of movies but nowadays most have their own downloaded on tablets. Overall it was acceptable and looking forward to our return flight.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I have not received my luggage"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Hyderabad. I have not received my luggage after 1 day and no one is even replying on the baggage enquiry numbers. Is this the way government airlines work. I will never take this airline moving forward. Also, this seems to be my biggest mistake.
RouteMumbai to Hyderabad
Date FlownDecember 2019

"no seat for us on the plane"

Trip Verified | London to Goa via Mumbai. My friend and I bought our tickets in June and were due to fly November 16th. We had received a booking confirmation from Air India so thought all was well. When we arrived at the airport we were abruptly told there had been a system error and that there was no seat for us on the plane which was fully booked. I wrote a letter asking for compensation on November 26 and sent a email a week later. Neither the letter or the mail were acknowledged. I have also tried to telephone but no luck there either. The phone is either not answered or I am passed from one person to the next before silence. I am a frequent international traveller and have never encountered such a problem. We missed a holiday we were very much looking forward to and are most disappointed.
RouteLondon to Goa via Mumbai