Air India

"worst airline I ever flew"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Hyderabad via Delhi. This is the worst airline I ever flew with. I took flight from Madrid where they outsourced to wfs not even a single Air India person was present to help, there was huge language problem and no proper discipline maintained by staff. Flight got delayed by 6 hours and on top of that systems error out causing people standing in lines for hours together and on top of it connections forget about that. Systems are no way getting up and the talk is that international flight might get cancelled.
RouteMadrid to Hyderabad via Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai. Received horrible customer service from Air India. Booked my flight to India on Air India website and our code shared flight from Canada to London was cancelled. Air India kept routing us to different number and they haven't been very helpful. Called Air Canada and they said the flight has been cancelled in July and yet I was able to book this flight on the Air India website. Air Canada is not able to help us because we didn't book the ticket on their website and Air India is not taking any ownership of his situation. We are kind of stuck in the airport and I am travelling with a 6 month old baby. They are not booking us into another flight or they not giving us out refund. Strongly recommend not to book from Air India. Horrible airline.
RouteLondon to Mumbai
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Lazy in-flight crew"

Trip Verified | Lazy in-flight crew and doesn't want to do their duties. Mostly look like a self-service flight where if you need water or anything just go and get that yourself from the counter as you can't find flight crew at their location. I was traveling with an infant and they don't provide anything for the infant except taking extra money from traveler.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi

"unclean, untimely airline"

Trip Verified | Milan to Kolkata via Delhi, and I chose Air India only because it had a transit at New Delhi and I thought of meeting my friends during the huge gap between the connecting flights (6 hours). But although the Airport Authority of India did not have any problem with it, Air India restricted me from going out of the New Delhi Airport and quickly forced me to do the Security checking for the next flight. I had chosen this unclean, untimely airline which serves stale food only to use the transit time to meet my friends in Delhi which did not happen due to them. By the way, I'm an Indian citizen myself. So, whereas all the other outside Airports/Airlines allow the transit travelers to go outside in case of time gaps, it's only the problem of Air India. On top of that, the Customer Care did not pick up the phone and their website did not allow a seat preference before that.
RouteMilan to Kolkata via Delhi

"Excellent customer service"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Amritsar. Excellent customer service from Air India staff. I was late to board the plane and a senior manager made sure that I was able to catch my flight. My luggage was delivered on time too.
RouteDelhi to Amritsar

"crew was the best"

Trip Verified | London to Ahmedabad. The food and entertainment systems are not up to the mark but the crew was the best I have seen. Right from checking in till baggage collection its perfect. The hospitality shown by the crew on AI172 on 20th November flight is to be counted for.
RouteLondon to Ahmedabad
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Overall, very nice experience"

Trip Verified | Surat to New Delhi. Seats were spacious compared to Indigo and Spicejet. Departed on time but arrived late due to traffic congestion at Delhi airport. Although I faced trouble in doing web check in, I got boarding pass without any hassle at Surat airport. Meal, though complimentary, was not up to the mark (esp Idli and upma) compared to sandwich provided by Indigo and Spicejet (though not complementary); tea and yoghurt was delicious. Nice experience of having Air host in lieu of Air hostess, who was very polite, helping, and professional. Since I booked a day before, price was quite high, but still cheapest. Overall, very nice experience.
RouteSurat to New Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I was just 2-3 mins late"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Delhi. Very rude and uncooperative staff. My flight take off time was 8:50 pm and I reached the airport check-in desk at 8:09 pm. The check-in lady wasted some time but after some urging, she was willing to allow me to check-in but her supervisor standing behind her said no need to entertain me and did not allow me to check in. It was an urgent trip for me as I had to report to job the very next morning and he said:- "if your trip was urgent you would have come earlier". If I am spending 7000 rupees at least I can expect is to be allowed to check in if the aircraft is parked in the airport with another 40 mins of time before takeoff. It takes at least 15 min for the process of boarding to be completed and I was just 2-3 mins late to the counter closing. Not only am I highly disappointed at this but also extremely angry due to this blatant looting of money in the form of denial of service when there is 43 mins to time to taking-off. I will never choose to use the service of Air-India in future..
RouteKolkata to Delhi
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Never taking Air India again"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Lucknow. The most inconvenient flight I’ve boarded in my entire life. First, they put me in an international flight, from Delhi to Lucknow. The entire flight was full of men hardly 5 female boarded the plain other than me. I was given a seat in the middle of two creepy men constant trying to tap my hands and legs. The refreshment - 2 butter cookies and a juice carton worth 20 bucks. Disgrace! One good thing they do on domestic flights is at least serve a veg wrap & muffin - especially morning. To further add to my frustration, the porters shared the domestic luggage half an hour later on the belt, where the international luggage was put within the first 5 minutes. Half of the luggage anyway was going back in the connecting flight for the passengers. What a crazy morning! Never taking Air India again.
AircraftAI 992
RouteDelhi to Lucknow
Date FlownOctober 2018

"they do not update the movies"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to London via Delhi. I was very pleased with the service going to Calcutta as the flight arrived well before time and food was good too (but could do with proper hot food as it doesn't taste good when cold, even the tea). I wondered why they do not update the movies - same old Indian movies, also on my return to London everything was good until I received my suitcase they mishandled it and broke it. Will I get a compensation on that?
RouteKolkata to London via Delhi