Air India Express

Air India Express customer review

Singapore to Calcutta return. An adequate performance from this budget carrier. The flights were on time the comfort was adequate and the staff generally reasonably friendly. The only slight downside was the quality of food offered in the snackbox - barely edible pastries and deep fried cookies. However the flight is only about 4 hours so having little to eat wasn't a big problem. The tickets were 50% cheaper than the only other carrier to offer non-stop flights on this route (Singapore Air) so overall I was extremely pleased with Air India Express.

Air India Express customer review

TRZ to KUL via Chennai return. The aircraft was relatively clean on both sectors. Since this was the only flight to Trichy from Kuala Lumpur I thought it would be more practical to just take this flight since there is no hassle of getting out into Chennai. However the transit procedure in Chennai is terrible. We had to get on bus queue up till everyone got off the plane and go though security check again. For the price you pay the service is not at all worthwhile.

Air India Express customer review

I paid INR 13000 on IX flight from Kolkata to Singapore compared to about 21000 in SQ. The aircraft was clean crew reasonably friendly. They served snacks on the flight. I would say if they keep the aircraft clean and maintains time it's good value for money. I would have to fly few more times to see if they are reliable!

Air India Express customer review

Used IX for a domestic flight from BOM-COK. I have to say for the fare I paid I was not expecting much. A spotless aircraft and a hospitable crew. Overall a very average airline which offers value for money.

Air India Express customer review

My third flight on IX (from Dubai to Cochin) and quite possibly my last. It appears that there is no cabin maintenance at all. Most seat cushions badly soiled - as if the plane had been used to carry livestock. No paper or cloth covers for the head rests. Carpet in a filthy and lamentable state throughout the cabin. At first I thought the window I was sitting next to was covered in a layer of condensation. I then found out it was a film of grease and grime with the window frame covered in a brownish substance containing lots of human hair.

Air India Express customer review

Air India Express from Cochin to Dubai on 25/11/05. Aircraft quite new and thanks to being seated in one of two emergency exit rows lots of leg room. Despite travelling on a low cost airline you nevertheless are served a snack consisting of sandwich cake fruit juice water coffee or tea. On the downside the passenger next to me was allowed boarding in a clearly less than sober state and the crew continued to serve him hard liquor throughout the flight (alcoholic beverages available on a for sale basis). He even managed to complete the entire flight without ever having availed of the seat belt. Also despite being a non-smoking flight crew were quite relaxed at seeing the lavatories being used continuously as smoking rooms - with the obvious and objectionable result of extremely bad air quality in the cabin throughout the flight.