Air India Express

"Never fly Air India Express"

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience from Sharjah to Trivandrum with Air India Express IX-536 on 21/12/2017. My flight was scheduled to be at 20.40 hrs from Sharjah but the departure was at 6.30 am next morning. But had a delay of 9 hours and 40 minutes. They keep on rescheduling and keep on sending text messages and we're made to wait for flight. Overall I would say. This flight not at all suitable for emergency and we'll planned trips. Never fly with Air India Express, you're never sure to arrive on time. This is completely unrespectful and not honest at all.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSharjah to Trivandrum
Date FlownDecember 2017

"entire cabin wasn't in good condition"

Trip Verified | Check in was extremely chaotic at both Mumbai to Sharjah. I was only checked in 1hr before departure in spite of arriving 2.5 hrs early at BOM. Air India handles Air India express check in at BOM and they were not helpful at all, more like clueless on how to handle the check in. Was hoping to at least fly on one of the newer planes. Unfortunately, on both sectors (BOM-SHJ & return), I flew on the older ones. Bringing positives in view first: Cabin Crew on both flights surprisingly stood out. All 4 or them were helpful in every way. Always received a "Your Welcome" when I thanked them. Another plus was the small snack box, consisting of juice, few snacks & a water bottle. Tea and coffee service was also done with refills provided, which was really nice. The crew were more than willing to offer one more snack box if requested. The seat was alright. However, coming to the negatives, the entire cabin wasn't in good condition. It gave a very old feeling. The washrooms did not have any lighting inside and it was dark if you had to use it. Overall, I would not recommend to fly with this airline as, they need to improve all areas from start to end to better the passenger experience. The crew are the only people who stand out.
RouteMumbai to Sharjah
Date FlownMay 2017

"Worst airline ever"

Verified Review | Singapore to Chennai. Worst airline ever. Old plane bad seats. Extremely rude staff. Never go for thsi airline price go for expensive one u will regret when u fly from this airline. I will never fly again. Told me to turn off phone even when its on flight mode.
RouteSingapore to Chennai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Their flight delays very often"

Verified Review | Sharjah to Mumbai. Air India Express is less concerned about customer importance. Their flight delays very often. Never had any issue with other airlines but this one is very risky. They keep on rescheduling and keep on sending text messages and we're made to wait for flight. Overall I would say. This flight not at all suitable for emergency and we'll planned trips.
RouteSharjah to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2017

"young and efficient crew"

Verified Review | My trip from Dubai to Mumbai was excellent. The flight was on time got my luggage in Mumbai on time. They had a young and efficient crew. The snacks provided were fresh and water was provided free (this is a budget airline). Dubai to Mumbai flight alcohol was served at a very reasonable cost. Return flight no Alcohol served don't know why? My return flight was delayed because of bad weather condition. I was notified on time which helped me spend 3 hours more with my family. The journey was pleasant and safe helping me have a enjoyable holiday.
RouteBOM to DXB
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"the worst experience"

Verified Review | This was the worst experience from Calicut to Cochin with Air India Express. However, our flight of 45 min from Calicut to Cochin had a delay of 3 hours for no explicite reason except technical aspects, and we missed our 2 next flights with different airlines. Despite explaining the situation to 5 different people, nothing was done to help us, no refund or help to find new flights. Never fly with Air India Express, you're never sure to arrive on time. This is completely unrespectful and not honest at all.
RouteCCJ to COK
Date FlownNovember 2016

"regret this decision forever"

Verified Review | We travelled on Ar India Express for the first time on the trip from Delhi to Dubai return in September this year. I will regret this decision forever. To start with, the airconditioning was not working when we boarded the plane. That made it difficult to sit even for 10 minutes inside the plane. We shuddered at the thought of spending the 3.5 hour flight sweating. Thankfully the airconditioning started once we were airborne and reached a satisfactory level in about half an hour. We were seated in the row just before the emergency exits. The pushback buttons had been crudely taken out of our seats to prevent us from pushing the seats back. There was an inflight audio entertainment system in each seat but was not functional. One could see broken edges of seat arms, window sealings etc. all over the plane. The inflight staff did not have a groomed look, the meals provided were just passable. It was the same story on the return flight. Taken a vow to never fly with Air India Express again. Word of advice: not to be confused with Air India which is definitely a better service.
RouteDEL to DXB
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff ran away"

(Malaysia)

I booked my Air India Express flight from Kuala lumpur to Chennai on 3rd Feb 2016 at 11.30 pm and I was informed at 6 pm that flight was late by one hour. Later when I reached airport, they informed the flight is delayed by 4 hours. Since I had connected flight from Chennai to Coimbatore at 6.30 on 4th Feb, I requested for assistance of staff in Kuala Lumpur - they took my data of connecting flights and promised me that alternative connecting flights will be arranged and informed to Officials in Chennai. But flight took only at 5 am on 4th Feb and it landed at 6.30 am in Chennai airport. My connecting flight had already departed the airport. When I required the Air India staff, they ran away as their duty is over and no one was there in the airport. Never seen such an experience in my life. I have to book a new connecting flight and flew to Coimbatore.
RouteKUL to MAA
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"the flight was not enjoyable"

The check-in staff at Trivandrum airport were excellent. However the flight was not enjoyable. The meal was basic. The cost was not actually that much lower than the other airlines. The seats were a dingy red leather. Although the staff appeared to be attentive, they did not look enthused at all. On landing at Abu Dhabi, some passengers decided to get up from their seat before the plane had reached a complete stop. They stood up while the plane was moving and the cabin staff did nothing to get them back into their seat. In my many years of travel, I had never seen this before.
RouteTrivandrum to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2015

Air India Express customer review

Took this flight because of convenient timing. Check in was smooth. Surprisingly they started boarding early, more than 1 hour before flight time. Plane was only 3 minutes from the terminal. We got to the plane and thee was no AC, temperature outside was over 40 degrees Celsius (Dubai in July). Passengers were getting very restless and children were crying due to heat. They had us on the plane for a very long time and we ended up leaving late, so more than 1 hour on the plane. AC only went on properly 15 minutes after take off. The aircraft was very very old and dirty. Flight was smooth and crew was friendly. They need to use newer planes, or reconsider. People use this because of timing and non-stop route to Pune. I think if there were better option no one would go on it.
RouteDubai to Pune