Air India Express

"mostly like a horror movie"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Doha to Kolkata via Mumbai. Air India wasn't my first choice of airline. Usually, when looking for airlines to fly, I'm searching up and down the list of consumer-aviation from Qatar. This trip was mostly like a horror movie. The start - flight was precisely 1 hour late on 11th Jan 19 (AI9002). Was quite patient with the waiting time. Then it all started. Here’s the list of flaws: Poor hygiene in the washroom. No head napkin/hygiene cloth on top of the seat (absolutely unacceptable. Dinner - a nightmare and I must elaborate with complete respect by saying management is least bothered with regards to the quality of food, no expiry date label on the food (how could you do that. It’s simply criminal). Asked the staff and all that they have to say is “It’s our standard”. I replied “ It’s my right to know the manufacturing date and the date of expiration”. Eyebrows up and rolling eyes is all I got. Staff looked helpless as they had no answer and hid themselves behind the curtain and never came out to clarify further. It’s my right to have a great experience leave beside the money paid for the ticket. I do not expect a Qatar Airways service but at least please try and get close to them to make all happy who chooses you. Take customers seriously please. On the contrary the flight from Mumbai to Kolkata was excellent. Professional staff. Good breakfast (again label missing). Honestly this flight made some good service recovery.
RouteDoha to Kolkata via Mumbai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"the flight is a disgrace"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Mumbai in Air India Express flight no. IX-248. The flight is a disgrace and most unpresentable flight I have ever flown with. Seating was very uncomfortable and the seats were completely worn out. The seats were not having the adequate cushioning as well since they had worn out and led to back ache. The flight condition was also not as per the standard and the floor was having marks of liquid spilled or vomit. I have usually observed that the flights bound to India are not up to the mark and will not be as per expectations, as compared to flights bound for US or London. However, this time has been worst.
RouteDubai to Mumbai

"a great experience"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Kochi return. I had a great experience. Both these days the service rendered by the cabin crew. Air India express should improve there seats and also include some variety in the foods which are serving to guest. And also take care about the time management.
RouteDubai to Kochi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Sharjah to Chandigarh. I was worried that the flight will be awful, dirty seats, constant delays. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Seats were clean Flight was delayed with communication in time. No further delays were done. Flight food was good and refills given (surprisingly), without a frown on face. No checks on hand luggage weight was done repeatedly. I did make sure, I was under limits. Only constructive feedback, I can give is door lock for the toilets was not working.
RouteSharjah to Chandigarh
Date FlownDecember 2018

"asked my seating preference"

Trip Verified | Kozhikode to Dubai. This is the first time a boarding card issuing person asked my seating preference. And i am very very happy to hear that. I didn't note her name, but a big thank from my heart. I wish everyone does the same to all passenger whether single or with family.
RouteKozhikode to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I don't care way of dealing"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Lucknow. An I don't care way of dealing with customers. The airline doesn't only charge the fare, but also everything you may ever need like water etc. Excess baggage is counted with duty free shopping.
RouteDubai to Lucknow
Date FlownNovember 2018

"staff with adamant nature"

Not Verified | Dubai to Pune. Worst experience especially with ground staff with adamant nature. Cabin baggage were getting weighed at boarding point just few minutes before boarding. Even though more than half flight was empty, passengers were forced to pay 1 kg or 2 kg extra luggage. Whoever resisted were threatened by ground staff to off board. There is no control measures taken at Boarding pass issuing point by airlines as I was having enough scope to transfer my luggage in to check in baggage & passengers are literally black mailed at last moment i.e. few minutes before boarding time, where there's no scope left for passenger to decide.
RouteDubai to Pune
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Overall experience was good"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Dubai. Before my journey I got to know about a lots of negative reviews about the airline. But after travelling thru this airline personally it is not bad, food was good, staff was helping, aircraft from Delhi to Dubai was little bad but aircraft on return was good. Overall experience was good.
RouteDelhi to Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flights are delayed"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Trivandrum. Many Air India Express flights are delayed by more than 1 hour and today the same happened. This is frustrating 2hr delay in boarding flight and again 30 minutes delay in getting check in baggage. Please improve your service and value customers time.
RouteChennai to Trivandrum
Date FlownAugust 2018

"first experience is bad"

Trip Verified | This is the first time I am travelling from Air India Express from Dubai to New Delhi and my first experience is bad. Firstly the flight is delayed by 2 hrs. All the crew members are talking to the passengers in Hindi. Even though my mother tongue is hindi this is really unprofessional. Flight looks very old. My seat number is 31F. I will try to choose Air India express as my last option. I guess Air India should get privatised now.
RouteDubai to Delhi