Air France

Air France customer review

Travelled Paris to Johannesburg on the evening A380 flight on 27 September. The economy cabin at the rear is surprisingly cosy for such a large plane and noticeably quieter than any other wide-bodied plane. The dinner and breakfast were both excellent; choice of entertainment very good; and service both professional and friendly. Would be happy to recommend Air France.

Air France customer review

From ORY to MRS on March 17th 2013 (AF 6047). The same day the other way from MRS to ORY (AF6006). Same round- trip on August 2nd 2013. ORY-MRS AF 6049. MRS-ORY AF 6006. I've been flying Air France for more than 11 years. Despite some delays due to ATC strikes or technical reasons (mid-exit doors unable to operate on A320 once 3hrs of delays offset by a 4k Miles Prime compensation) this airline fulfills my expectations. I don't fly a lot but I've done almost 50 flights over the years so my comment is based on a true experience. The crews are friendly experienced professional committed to making sure you're alright anytime while onboard. You'll always be welcomed as it should be. However things changed since I first flew them. The seats in short/mid haul flights are now lighter which means you can't stretch out anymore really bad point. Food isn't that bad but always on this flight's type this is a snack more than a meal. Entertainment just doesn't exist on short/mid haul flights neither outlets for your computer. That's why I think prices are sometimes quite high regarding the same flight on another day. Moreover at the 2nd main Paris airport there are a lot of delays mainly caused by the staff of the airport so when you fly from Paris choose the first hub "CDG" far from the city compared to ORY (Orly) but way more efficient. To summarize a bit this is French way of life great customer care recent nice and clean airplanes (inside and outside) mainly European made. Just give them a chance make it your favourite airline and you won't be disappointed.

Air France customer review

Flew LAX to Paris and on to Athens and back the same route 2 weeks later A380 economy. Full flight 500 on board. If you have tight connections in Paris and are at the back do not book those connect times the airport terminal changes are what seems like miles to walk and then long lines at immigration but once on the plane if you make it the service is the best I have had. The crew wonderful to your needs and the food great and too much to eat really. The snacks between meals and the free wine and beer the best. First rate movies and free head sets to keep you occupied was nice. There is ice cream whenever you desire it. The only downside is that I fly Delta usually domestically and they advertise that AF is their partner but what rules go for Delta usually do not apply to AF especially their pet policy internationally - beware otherwise the A380 is awesome.

Air France customer review

As long as you fly Business Class you are good but the Economy Class has very hard seats and after 11 hours your back will hurt. This is probably the same for other airlines. I usually fly from LAX to GOA (Italy) via CDG from two to four times a year. I really wish there were better alternatives but it so happens that Air France has the shortest flights. Once after booking online on their website my trip I realized I made a mistake and although it says that all flights can be cancelled within 24 hours it took a lot of effort to get my money back. They seem to nickel and dime you for every little thing. More than once the flight from LAX was late and my connection was lost. I had to spend the night in Paris at a very cheap motel with bad food and uncomfortable beds. If you have the extra money to avoid Air France cheap accommodation you'll be fine. Food and staff are usually ok but when you try to contact the customer service for a refund good luck you'll need it. Of course if you want to purchase a new ticket they are very available and will help you immediately.

Air France customer review

Return flight MUC to JFK via Paris was a very satisfying experience. Everything went smooth not the slightest delays and I was impressed on how friendly and considerate the service was on the long-haul flight. The transit at CDG was extremely easy in the Air France Terminal 2. Best part was the flight on the A380 on the way back because the entertainment system was superb finally a working touch screen and good head phones. The trip to New York was operated by Delta also no complaints.

Air France customer review

When my sister and myself were informed about a flight delay I went to the boarding counter and asked staff if it would affect my connecting flight from Paris to Singapore. I was informed that we would not miss our connecting flight and someone at Paris would escort us to the connecting flight. However when we reached Paris we were left to "scramble" with some other passengers to find our way to the boarding gate for the connecting flight. When we reached the boarding gate we were informed that we had missed the flight (AF256). The staff we approached for help rudely directed us to the customer service counter. When we asked to be put on the same flight we were informed flatly that "all the flights are full and they could only get us flights separately". After much insistence she "miraculously" found us a flight which we could take on together! We were given free accommodation sharing the same room. We are frequent travellers and it was our first time taking Air France and what a memorable experience!

Air France customer review

I want to commend the cabin staff on Flight AF006 from CDG to New York JFK on Wednesday October 23 2013 for their help and professionalism. My husband is disabled and cannot walk. He needed to go to be bathroom and a steward helped me get him to the lavatory. He has MS and I needed to clean and change him. When we left the bathroom he could not walk at all and two Air France stewards carried him to his seat. I had unfortunately stuffed up the sink and they closed the bathroom without saying a word. They were so understanding.

(Israel)

JNB-CDG-TLV in economy on 17th October. Even if I had 3 seats for myself flying in economy on this A380 is not any better when it comes to comfort of seat compared with other airlines. Crew were very good and helped as much as they could. Food was ok even if appetiser was of poor quality. Most of all I appreciated the new breakfast concept in economy a warm crepe with a very sweet sauce. Small bread roll and croissant jam and some fresh fruit salad usual breakfast drinks. Much better then cold cuts and cheese with some dry bread roll and fruit compote we used to receive well done AF nice improvement. CDG-TLV same service as usual and as early morning flight out of CDG we received what to me looks like a very poor breakfast but food on European flights is always poor.

Air France customer review

Flew from MRU to CDG on 19th of October. Aircraft was the high density edition of 77W. Aircraft new clean and in good condition. Boarding on time however a delay of almost one hour occurred without any notice or refreshments. The service was dreadful. I fly very frequently especially with partner KLM but this was the most disappointing service experience. No drink round before dinner no drink round after dinner. No water for the night. FA showed herself 2 times on an 11 hr flight for dinner and breakfast. FA in galley ignorant and unfriendly. AF staff were below par especially in Premium Economy. Will avoid AF in the future and choose partner KLM if possible.

Air France customer review

From Paris CDG to Montreal Trudeau and from Atlanta Hartsfield International to Paris CDG. The crew were very polite and helpful especially for the flight back food and beverages were very good much better than other airlines I've used. Nevertheless the seats were hard especially between Paris and Montreal. I highly recommend to avoid flying with the old 747-400 of Air France.