Air France

Air France customer review

I had an Air France flight about 10 years ago and had a pretty bad experience - delays multiple times over 2 different airports. I and my wife decided to take Air France this time again hoping this would not be the case. Again the company disappointed us gravely. 5 delays notices between SFO Paris and Zurich. Unbelievable. Staff service is bad as well. These stewards threw the food tray at you the French service quality is well known and I've experienced many times in France so I don't expect much. They need to change.

(New Zealand)

GVA-CDG on 22 August on an A319 and the in-flight service was as good as I have ever experienced. Friendly efficient and. for once clear PA announcements. The short flight was full and as is often the case one passenger could not read her seat allocation so a double seat allocation occurred which was quickly and pleasantly rectified by a member of all female cabin crew. Upon arrival in Paris I was in no hurry to disembark (unlike everyone else on board) so spent a little time chatting with the cabin crew and was even invited into the Flight Deck to meet the Captain and First Officer where the flown route was explained in some detail. All in all very pleasant and charming crew. The only minor complaint I would note is the lack of information on the ground in Geneva to explain a 45 minute delay.

Air France customer review

Flight AF084 from CDG-SFO on Sep 21. Boarding from CDG was tricky as always due to unmanageable passengers not respecting boarding instructions. Warm welcome onboard from FAs. Seats configuration was 3-4-3 (B777-300ER) with an awful and uncomfortable seat (mine was in row 23J in the Economy zone). Obviously folks from AF who have designed this seat had never traveled in a 12 hours long-haul flight! Food was correct while FAs service was really poor - our FA just skipped the coffee during the 2nd service before landing for a long time chat with another passenger and ignored the rest of the passengers!

(New Zealand)

Manchester - CDG - Hong Kong 16 Sep 2013. Business Class. I'd summarise the AF experience as adequate but at the lower end of BC experiences. The 777 BC seats are somewhat tired these days and the stupid design means a window seat passenger cannot get past the PAX next door if they are reclined. Food was somewhat poor compared to the trip I made from Shanghai to CDG a couple of months earlier - didn't eat anything on this leg (serving foie gras is just offensive AF). Cabin staff not especially friendly. So better than EC but only because of the extra room. AF really need to get their act together - I won't use them again.

Air France customer review

LHR-SFO with a change at CDG. LHR-CDG flight was a short one enough to give an overall good impression. Flight lasted less than an hour but were offered drinks and a pastry breakfast. Staff were friendly and the cabin was clean. Flight from CDG-SFO was brilliant. Very satisfied with the entire flight the seats were comfortable! Flight attendants were friendly and attentive. Once we began to taxi on the runway the personal video screens changed from the standard screen to show a live camera from the cockpit! The video screens themselves were really good. There were no grids and the picture was clear. The sound also worked well. The controls were responsive and there was a really good selection. Impressed with the food. I usually pre-order a special meal but I decided to chance the standard meal. I had a chicken in sauce main course with couscous. I got a nice roll with a good sized wedge of packaged brie a large thick slice of packaged pineapple and a really tasty good sized chunk of brownie for dessert. 1.5-2 hours before landing we got our second meal. I got pieces of seasoned chicken with potatoes and a sauce. There was lemon tart for dessert along with another bread roll and package of cream cheese. The entire flight was enjoyable. The plane was comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and polite and spoke fluent English. The announcements from the cockpit were clear and the captain gave little updates throughout the flight. I would definitely fly Air France again.

Air France customer review

Boeing 767 on a trip to Paris (CDG) via Singapore. The only element that was good was the refreshment they were typical western style. Not good was the seat they are not wide enough very narrow. On the flight back it was the same.

Air France customer review

AMS-MRS on a newly configured Air France A319. The seats don't really recline a la Ryanair but they are far more comfortable. Service was minimal but I appreciated getting a real (espresso) coffee. Staff service was excellent although no explanation or apology was given for the delay. Arrival to Marseille smooth and bags came out quickly. Would fly again.

Air France customer review

We were in the upper deck of the A380 on a direct flight from CDG to LAX last month. Navigating CDG is a challenge but the very comfortable lounge was a welcome respite after trudging what seemed like forever. This was our first experience with the A380 and were very pleased with the remarkably quiet upper deck. We also appreciated the dedicated passenger ramp at both ends of the journey that made entrance and exit very easy. The flight crew was outstanding very polite and personable. The were very accommodating to my requests for meals whether light or full whenever I wanted them. Food and wine quality was excellent. I echo the comments of other passengers regarding the seats. I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and the "sleeping" position was very uncomfortable for me. Sitting comfort was just okay. My wife is much shorter so it wasn't as much of an issue for her. As an aside the seats on the AF 777's are no better. I'm not sure who AF Airbus and Boeing used to test the design for a business class seat but they obviously recruited no one my size or larger. That aside the overall experience was very good and I would recommend AF.

Air France customer review

I flew AF 256 on 20/8/13 upgrading to premium economy at CDG for a substantial price. Unfortunately my expectations were not met with what was a less than satisfactory onboard service. On boarding I was allocated seat 21A which I identified immediately was broken I brought this to the attention of the male flight attendant. The seat would not stay in its retracted position and I had concerns that this would not be safe. I was most disappointed when this was not dealt with. He returned to say that it would be ok and continued on. The service in general in prem-Eco was less than satisfactory. On arrival into SIN and deplaning I brought it to the attention of the female cabin crew positioned between pre-Eco / economy and asked that it be reviewed prior to the return flight to Paris. She stated that her flight was finished and it was not her problem. It is for this reason that I would not consider flying Air France again.

Air France customer review

We have traveled all over the USA and Europe for over 30 years. This trip was 3 weeks long we were on American Airlines British Airways Iberia etc. with the same luggage. But Air France charged us £60 each for small carry on bags that all other airlines allow free. The check in clerk was very rude and rigid in typical French fashion. They were proud to say that they are different and do not belong to the "One World Alliance". The on board experience was just as bad flight attendants were rude and unwelcoming service was poor. This was a pleasure trip and Air France took all of the joy out of air travel. We will never fly Air France again and would not recommend.