Air France

"not correspond to business class"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Paris to Madrid. The product does not correspond to business class. The seats are the same as in the economy, the distance for the legs is not increased, the middle chair does not even transform into a table. The food is scarce and tasteless - two cold starters, a slice of cheese and a little chocolate bar. The staff responds to requests, but they are not particularly willing to do so. Wines in small bottles on a screw cap; champagne is not bad. This class of seating should at best be called premium-economy, if not Economy at all with slightly improved nutrition, but not business at all. Продукт совершенно не соответсвует бизнес-классу. Сидения такие же как в экономе, расстояния для ног не увеличены, среднее кресло даже не трансформируется в столик. Еды мало и невкусная - две холодные закуски, кусочек сыра и маленькая шоколадка. Персонал отзывается на просьбы, но делают это не особо охотно. Вина в маленьких бутылочках на винтовой крышке , шампанское неплохое. Этот класс обслаживания в лучшем случае должен называться premium-economy, если вообще не Economy с чуть улучшенным питанием, но никак не бизнес
RouteParis to Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"checked size and weight of cabin bags"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Paris to Prague. First of all the passengers are checked for size and weight of cabin bags before security control. The flight was on time, we received small sandwich and a beverage, crew was nice. There was a wifi with free message pass which is great. However after arrival I found out that my cabin bag which I was forced to check-in came ripped which is unacceptable.
RouteParis to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2019

"we wanted to change our route"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Paris. Staff were most unfriendly to me. They forgot to serve me and my daughter dinner. And when we wanted to change our route they resisted our request in an unfriendly way.
RouteJohannesburg to Paris

"a terrible experience"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Hong Kong via Paris. I booked a flight with Air France, a return flight from Hong Kong to Birmingham. I was unable to fly on the outbound flight as I had flown to Europe a few days earlier on a Business Trip. I informed the airline of this (Air France), stating that I still intended to take the inbound (return) flight from Birmingham to Hong Kong. I arrived at the airport for the inbound (return) flight as per my itinerary, only to be told by the Air France staff that my flights had been cancelled and I would be unable to fly unless I paid a 500 Euros administration charge to get my flights reinstated. Air France had not informed me that my flights had been cancelled at any point, despite numerous correspondences during the prior month. I then had to pay a significant amount of money to fly on a flight that I had already paid to fly on. It caused me an incredible amount of distress and embarrassment as well as the obvious personal financial cost. To make matters worse, I was treated exceptionally badly by the Air France staff at Birmingham airport. Why was I not notified that my full journey had been cancelled because of not taking the outbound flight? All in all, a terrible experience.
RouteBirmingham to Hong Kong via Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"impressed by the service"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Paris in July 2019. Very nice moment with Air France. I impressed by the ground/onboard service, the real plus of Air France. The only bad point i think is the Wifi, which is only on Boeing 787.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMontreal to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2019

"All four flights were good"

Trip Verified | Munich to Lyon and Lyon to Frankfurt via Paris CDG. Booking on AF website was quite easy. Check in at Munich and Lyon very quick and got help from nice check in staff. 3 of 4 flights were slightly delayed, but captain informed passengers about that. All four flights were good, with professional cabin crew and free snacks/drinks. Seat and cabin were ok, but area around my seat could have been cleaner. Transfer at Paris was fast and easy. Can't understand the mass of negative reviews about CDG airport, signage is very clear and transfer from Terminal 2F (arrival from Lyon) to 2G (departure to Frankfurt) took only 20 minutes. Nice architecture and relaxed atmosphere at the airport, but Terminal 2F was a bit overcrowded. I can remmomend Air France and would book again.
AircraftA320 / A319 / E190
RouteMunich to Lyon via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the worst experience"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Paris to Milan. We upgraded to a Business Class ticket to fly at 12.25. Arrived at terminal 2F as we were running later than scheduled due to Taxi running out of fuel. Asked the attendant for assistance (showing our boarding passes) who pointed out the self-check-in computers. We stood there trying to figure the machines out then finally found someone to assist us. We got pointed to wait in the normal luggage drop off. Again when we asked for help as we were under time pressure we got assured by a man that we still had time who then pointed us down the other end. After exaplining to another lady down the end, she told us to wait and another lady will take care of us - this woman was very rude and continued to serve other passengers making us wait 5-10 mins before telling us that it’s not her problem we are late and that we have missed the luggage check in. We then got referred to her supervisor who explained we had missed the deadline, and that we could be put on a later economy flight (and be refunded the business difference) or wait 9 hours for business class. We opted for economy and the earlier flight. She then referred us to ticketing who told us we had to pay for new tickets. Then we got sent back and forward. End story is we had to pay more than our original ticket price and flew economy. This would have been avoided had the initial attendee pointed us to business class check-in. This has to be the worst experience and I would never fly with Air France again.
RouteParis to Milan
Date FlownDecember 2019

"flights were okay as usual"

Trip Verified | Milan to Houston via Paris. The flights were okay as usual but my luggage arrived to Houston destroyed. I saw no Air France agents in the arrival. I took my luggage directly home and filled a claim form. I got an email with no case number or reference saying that I will get an answer in 2 weeks or little longer. Nothing happened after one month and I contacted customer services .. and they told me to re-fill the claim. I did on November 11 and I got another email identical to the previous one.
RouteMilan to Houston via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

"only allows 1 hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Paris to Nairobi. We arrived in Paris from Atlanta with Delta and while connecting to Nairobi we were stopped and asked to weigh our hand luggage. They confirmed the airline only allows 1 hand luggage. To add on it has to be 12kgs and not more. We had laptops, a few clothes for changing and the gifts from duty free, everyone was over 12 kgs. They forced us to throw them away because they would not let us check them in. They claimed the baggage doors were closed so no more bag check in.
RouteParis to Nairobi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"no one responds to me for a week"

(Afghanistan)

Trip Verified | The top of my bag was sheared off, the side has some kind of black tar or fuel melted on it that prevents the zipper from opening. My contents were practically spilling out on the baggage belt. When I filed a claim at the airport office, they told me I had to call by phone the next day. When I called the next day they said my claim number didn’t exist, so I had to start a new one. I explained that I’m currently in Afghanistan, but they insisted that I have to get a repair technician to examine the damage on my bag before a compensation decision could be made, which is impossible since I live on a military base. I was then told to submit a claim over email to customer service. I do so, and no one responds to me for a week. I’m then told that I have to call customer support in my home country. I’ve tried to reach them 4 times, each time I wait over 30min and never get connected.
RouteParis to Dubai