Air France

"I will have to wait for 3 months"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | I had a very bad experience with this company. Booked a flight and had to cancel - cancelled within 1 hour from booking - was promised I would get a refund within 24h but never received any refund. After more than a month and at least 20 calls to customer service later, I received 280 dkk instead of 284.93 euro that i paid for the tickets. This equals 38 euros out of the total of 284.93 euro! After this I called the customer service about 10 times and each time had to explain what happened and each time I was promised they would correct it yet it took me 10 phone calls to have a case created and after that i have not heard anything for a month. Today I called again and was promised the agent would follow up and call me today - noone called hence I called again. I was transferred to another department that never answered the phone hence I called again and the lady could not even send me an email stating when I would get the remaining of my money back. She only said that she thinks that I will have to wait for 3 more weeks which means after more than 2 months of waiting for a reimbursement that was supposed to be executed within 24h - in best case scenario I will have to wait for 3 months. I was a happy AF customer but now with this bad customer service, I will go elsewhere.
RouteCopenhagen to Toulouse via Paris
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Air France can do much better on the food"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | So I am one of the old farts that loves flying in the old 747 and 767s. However it is difficult to be unimpressed by the A350. Air France's set up is attractive, this aircraft looked very new indeed and was very nicely presented. New economy seats are all uncomfortable in my experience and this was no exception. I had 3 seats to myself so I was very comfortable but had I been in a full plane this would have been a long 11 hours indeed. The seat is pretty hard, the legroom is not bad for the class, one of the benefits of hard seats is their shape seems to generate a bit more space for the person behind. Entertainment system is good but not brilliant like Emirates system. I think you need to download an app before flying to access their wifi. The food was really disappointing. Pasta in a tomato sauce with a grain salad. I know Air France has meals available for purchase prior to flying, it would seem they are trying to push people in that direction as the free option was pretty poor. Staff we generally good, one steward hassled me for not wearing a mask at a time I was drinking water, really annoying but generally the staff were nice. Flying conditions were grim but the A350 skipped above the trouble at 40000 feet, it was bouncy but less modern aircraft would have been all over the place. I am being persuaded by the new kids on the block! All in all decent flight, price was good but Air France can do much better on the food.
RouteParis CDG to Sao Paulo
Date FlownOctober 2020

"service was extremely nice and polite"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | There was a possible delay with the first leg but information was provided all the time. The service was extremely nice and polite. The aircrafts were comfortable but have some dust on the side of the seats by the windows. There was complementary basic wifi on the second leg.
RouteZagreb to Lisbon via Paris CDG
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"They will check your bag weight"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | If your 2 pieces allowed (1 carry on + extra) weigh more than 12kg you will be charge 45 euros. They will check your bag weight on terminal 2f before security check there is a lady there. My bag was carry on 10.2 kg and extra bag was 4kg ( my laptop is heavy) a 45 euro charge.
RouteParis to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"no excuse for this horrible service"

Trip Verified | In the least crowded time of traveling the airline lost my baggage (1 suitcase). It has been 2 days now that I am in Paris and I have been given 3 different stories as to where my suitcase is, the first one said it arrived on at 9.42am just an hour after my flight arrived, another earlier today said it arrived 11am. The last customer service person, said that my suitcase is on the way, then I asked to speak to a manager she said she doesn't have one and replied "you're talking to me, sir" before hanging up. Behold! This is how you are treated by this company, they loose your baggage and take no accountability and just outright lie to you without remorse. I will no longer be relying on Air France for any of my travels. There is no excuse for this horrible service as at this point the Covid pandemic is nothing new and the airline can't blame the loss of my baggage for having an elevated number of travelers/passengers flying. It is now Tuesday evening in Paris and I'm leaving back to NY on Monday. I wonder if I will even have my suitcase by then. Don't waist your money on Air France.
RouteNew York JFK to Paris CDG
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"inflight service was good"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Marseilles to Athens. Even during covid-19 their inflight service was good, they offer beer or wine or spirit. Announcements were on French, English and Greek. The A320 was ok with sufficient legroom.
RouteMarseilles to Athens

"no trace of baggage"

(Georgia)

Not Verified | Other than horrible seating for anyone with the slightest back problems or other problems which I might not be familiar with, the food is definitely not for most people’s taste. I’m not even going to elaborate on customer service. My luggage didn’t make it to the flight. Why? Answer: “you only had 1 hr and 15 mins before flights. This was my first time flying with Air France. I have another trip planned, which I hope to cancel. My delayed luggage was supposed to arrive 2 days later than my initial flight. (15th of August) it’s now 17th of August and no trace of baggage. I called and emailed several times. This morning I’ve been told there’s a car dropping off my suitcase at 1-2 pm. No action has been taken. They’ve stopped answering my calls and emails. It’s the time of a global pandemic and us, travelers, have to quarantine. I was left in a cold room. You guessed it, not a hotel; not any other place I’m familiar with. I have nothing. I don’t have my medicine, warm clothes, a blanket, the necessities. I can’t go out to buy stuff anymore. I filed a compensation form, too. They replied, asking for flight details and pictures, which I provided. It is now days later and I still don’t have answers. Phone lines not picking up. Horrible customer service. The worst experience ever and I’m not a stranger to flying different distances.
RouteGeorgia to Boston via Paris
Date FlownAugust 2020

"had the mask only on the chin"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Today as I boarded the flight, i am greeted by two gentlemen wearing on their shirt a badge with “safety/security” written on. One of them had the mask only on the chin, uncovering the nose. This shows lack of professionalism. These days more than ever, every detail is capital.
RouteBastia to Paris Orly
Date FlownAugust 2020

"no refund, no information"

Trip Verified | Our flights Paris - Palma de Mallorca were cancelled in April and I had no reply to my claim since then. We paid 350 EUR in February for these flights and it is now almost August. I feel scammed by Air France. Up until today, no refund, no information, no reimbursement even though we are theoretically protected by European consumer laws - they clearly do not care about these laws. Customers come last for Air France.
RouteParis to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownApril 2020

"my ticket is non refundable"

Trip Verified | I have been trying to get a reimbursement of my tickets booked for October 2020 and am still trying to get a resolution! 5 months later and numerous phone calls to be told that it is being processed, but have not received anything yet. I have started sending emails, and have been bounced around to every department that they have. I finally received an email today July 19 2020 stating that my ticket was not refundable! Nowhere on my documentations does it state that it is non refundable, in fact when speaking with the gentleman who booked our flights he stated that we could cancel and the fee would be 75.00 euro. I have been given in correct information from just about everyone I have spoken to. I have requested on numerous occasions to speak with a supervisor to be told in the email that they can not contact my by phone. I find that it is interesting they can request payment immediately but I'm waiting 5 months for funds to be returned. They have not offered any solutions, just a flat statement that my ticket is non refundable. I am writing this as I sit on hold which has now been for over an hour! Do not fly with this company, they do not disclose the truth, will not answer questions, ignore requests for information.
RouteParis to Lisbon