Air France

Air France customer review

Singapore-Paris on AF257. Plane was an old 777 not in great shape. Unpleasant smell and not very clean. Seats very cramped and awful for a long flight. Food terrible one of the worst experienced. Service from crew feels cold and distant. No service of drinks/water in between meals one has to go to the back galley for self service for water and snacks - which was also awful limited choice. Crew literally disappears for most of the flight a good 10 hours and appear only 2 hours prior to arrival for breakfast service. Inflight entertainment is a sad looking small screen with blurry images and poor sound system and even worse limited selection of shows. Really I wish there was more positive things I can say about this flight - but it was overall a great disappointment - you know it's not good when you feel like you just want the flight to end quickly and keep looking at the time wishing it will go faster so you can get out! This flight made me feel depressed very tired very hungry and I kept wishing I had taken Singapore Airline or even Emirates on this route.

Air France customer review

Atlanta to Paris twice in December 2013. On both the Atlanta-Paris flights the first immediate sensation upon boarding the plane was the strong stench of urine. Imagine suffering that for the first 2-3 hours of the flight. On the Air France flight from Paris to Bangalore at takeoff the door to one of the four toilets was already taped up and marked "unusable". 3 hours into the flight the one across from it got clogged up leaving only two operating toilets for the entire Economy section. The food was terrible not even properly heated up. There were no snacks brought out by staff. The seats have no cushioning left completely worn out. The quality of service has decreased a lot over the past 2 years.

Air France customer review

LAX-CDG on A380 and from CDG-CMN on A320. One of the worst routes I've had. I was shocked with their service cleanliness and seats although I bought a seat plus! I was very disappointed with what they call a seat plus and I don't recommend anybody pay for them as they are not worth it. The seats were very uncomfortable we were sitting in the first row the TV screen that comes out from the side of the seat was not aligned in a way where you can watch comfortably and there were no window as shown on the seat plan. The flight attendants were the rudest I've seen on a plane. Bathrooms were not clean food was ok. On the way back though it was different. The seats were good on the A380 the seat was in the upper deck and was not a seat plus it was much better then the seat plus. The flight attendants on both flights from CMN to CDG and from CDG to New York were very friendly and helpful. The food was better on the return flight as well.

(Sweden)

BKK-CDG. This was my first flight with Air France (and last). What a big disappointment it was. On a 12.5-hour flight I thought we would be served plenty of food and drink. First serving was ok but after that the service was extremely poor. The cabin crew sat in the galley chatting with each other the whole trip. I bothered the staff by asking if i could get a glass of juice and some snacks. I could not believe what I heard when they said that they had run out juice snacks and sandwiches. Second serving came about two hours before landing or nine hours since we last ate so we were really hungry but the food was pitiful and inedible. The only positive thing on this flight was the IFE. I strongly advise against traveling with Air France but if you do it despite this warning don't forget to bring sandwiches with you.

Air France customer review

CDG-PVG (Shanghai). I got a good deal probably as it was a China Eastern code share. On time in both directions. Upgraded to Premium Eco on their A380 on the way out. Spacious aircraft good service pretty good IFE good range of drinks including champagne (digestifs on the menu but they don't come around to offer it) but the food is rather bland. Breakfast not very nice and nasty coffee served with powdered creamer. I woke up 3/4 of the way through the flight due a sore bottom - disappointing that the Prem Eco seats on a new aircraft should be so uncomfortable. Return on an older B777 in economy was actually more pleasant - felt more airy well maintained if a bit worn but cosier somehow with more comfortable seats. Not well equipped for China despite now flying to four destinations and partnering with MU. Only one interpreter aboard no Chinese-speaking cabin attendants. Problematic for a few passengers. Also transferring in PVG is a pain - you need to clear immigration customs and then check-in again (you might have to wait for it to open if longer than 4 hours before departure). This took 2 hours on the way out. Day stopover on the way in but I had to put my bag in left luggage as they can't check it through. Decent product work to be done.

Air France customer review

KIX-CDG. Flight departed on time and after the terrible and insufficient meal service attendants passed and lowered all window blinds I refused to close mine (the main reason I chose this flight though I know how mediocre AF is was exactly because I wanted to avoid a night flight) and 3 different attendants came to ask me (politely though) to close it since most passengers wanted to either sleep (it was 2 in the afternoon) or watch a film. Most windows shields were only opened upon landing this is 10 hours later! During the second meal service (even worse than the first one) a hostess dared wake up the passenger sleeping next to me in order to offer him a tray . I consider this a lack of respect. I read that they are trying to raise their standards in order to match the Gulf and other Asian airlines but they still have a very long way to go.

Air France customer review

A380 JFK-CDG-VRN and back. The service was very good on both flights. Flight attendants were very polite attentive and friendly. All requests were given promptly. The check-in escort experience at JFK was very good. The agent visited me in the lounge to make sure everything was ok engaged in small talk escorted me to the plane and introduced me to the FAs. The food on flight out of JFK was average for first class. The seat privacy may not be an enclosed suite but it is far enough from other seats to feel the privacy. I am not a privacy freak American anyway. IFE/TV may not be as good but it is not the thing I care since I rarely watch anything on the flights. Bed quality and size were very good. The lounge experiences in Paris is nothing to compare! Nothing comes close to Air France First Class Lounge experience. The design of the lounge is modern and tasteful. Everybody at Air France First Lounge was friendly attentive. They also leave you alone to give privacy but when you gave the sign that you need anything you get fast/polite/genuine responses. Every agents that will give me some service/escorts came to introduce themselves and engaged in small talks. The massages were very good. The food and wine were also the highlight. Food quality/presentation/taste and service were on par with top restaurants. The Limo escorts to the flights were very nice and made me feel like a king. The agent from the first visit remembered my return flight to JFK. While he couldn't be there that day he sent over another agent to come say goodbye and wished me a good flight while I was seated on the plane. CDG-JFK service was even better the FAs were very professional genuinely friendly and attentive. The food out of CDG was much better. Arrival escort at JFK was good. She walked with me all the way outside to send me off with Delta Agent for my connecting flights. All in all the best experience I ever got in first class.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Air France customer review

AF 184 CDG-HKG with Boeing 777. Seat plus in Economy class on Emergency exit so plenty of space for the legs. Food was ok not gourmet-cuisine but a lot (snacks dinner sandwich ice cream snacks breakfast). Crew very nice. I was expecting a horrible long flight it actually turned out to be one my most enjoyable AF flights in Economy. On the other hand Flight back to Paris with KLM on the old 747 half cargo was a bad joke.

Air France customer review

Flew CDG-BKK-CDG with the awful Boeing 777-300ER (77W) that Air France is using on the BKK route. Just two words: never again! The seat is very uncomfortable and is announced 32" pitch but I cannot understand how this is measured as you feel confined in a tiny space and your knees keep being hurt with the magazine holder. Forget if you are taller than 5'6". For drinking and although AF advertises about Champagne even in Economy it was not possible to obtain more than a reduced choice of beverages and of course no Champagne. As I had ordered a vegetarian meal there was no wine with my dinner and the food was bland. Staff very ineffective and chatting loudly all the time in the galley never cleaning the cabin (some rubbish have been staying on the floor for 9 hours). IFE screen is very poor. A pity for more than 900 euros comparing with other airlines for instance Thai Airways that also has a direct flight. Maybe Premium Economy or Business classes are more comfortable but Premium Eco is double price and I do not think it is worth it.

Air France customer review

Ho Chi Minh to Paris seats in economy were good and the entertainment system was fine. We boarded on time and took off the cabin crew came round after an hour with first meal and it was ok. There was supposed to be a self service system on board but it apparently ran out of sandwiches and snacks. It was supposed to be haagen dazs ice cream but in fact it was a cheap type. The food running out is a disgrace and on such a long haul 12 hours it is the only flight I have been on with nothing to eat for 9 hours between meals. The crew could not be bothered.