Air France

"WIFI not working"

Trip Verified | Was actually two way trip from LAX to LIN and vice-versa. Change at CDG got delayed over 3 hours. Return they cancel me from the flight for no reason, Upgrade to Business up to CDG and Premium Economy to LAX, from CDG lost my luggage. WIFI not working for 80% of the flight.
RouteMilan to Los Angeles via Paris
Date FlownNovember 2021

"told me the flight had already left"

Trip Verified | I was booked onto a flight with only a 45 minute layover which is already difficult. The flight from Tunis was delayed which meant I had to sprint to my next flight. I had asked the crew on board if they could call ahead to tell the plane I was coming and they said no - I had time to make the connection (by the time the flight arrived I had 25 mins). I had to go through security again - a horrible woman put my bag through extra screening just because I told her I was in a rush and when I got to my gate (miraculously 10mins before the scheduled departure time) they told me the flight had already left. It was the last flight of the day out to Geneva meaning I had to spend the night at an Ibis in Paris, wake up at the crack of dawn to make the first flight out in the morning and still had to take an additional day out of my annual leave to compensate for Air France staff utter uselessness! Not once in this whole process did anyone try and help me, no one even apologized! The worst flight experience I have ever had. PS - whilst this particular leg was awful, every single other leg of this journey, including both flights outbound to Tunis were delayed as well. Definitely will never be flying with Air France again.
RouteTunis to Geneva via Paris
Date FlownNovember 2021

"was refused access to the plane"

Trip Verified | I booked a ticket (Miami to Paris via Madrid and Paris to Miami via Madrid) for my daughter through Air Europa. The Paris to Madrid flight was subcontracted to Air France. My daughter went to Air France, dropped her luggage and presented her travel documents. The agent checked these documents and gave her the boarding pass attached with a green dot to clear her. Well, once in Madrid and right before embarking to Miami, she was refused access to the plane because she did not have a negative PCR. How can an Air France agent let her board a plane for the USA without checking or asking about the PCR test and still clear her to board a plane. I have been trying to reach someone at Air France and file a complaint but because my booking is with Air Europa I cannot do so. I filed a complaint with Air Europa and of course am ignored. I texted many employees from corporate with Air France and each time asked to contact Air Europa. This is disrespectful and unprofessional because Air France should be aware of the wrong doing of their employees and make sure this mistake does not happen again.
RouteParis to Miami via Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2021

"do not overpay for business class"

(Spain)

Not Verified | I was booked in premium economy and upon check-in, I was able to upgrade from premium economy to business for only $300. While you can get the seat almost fully flat it is a hard surface and they did not provide any special bedding. No bed linen, nothing. Very disappointing. The temperature in the cabin was pretty high during the entire flight so I was not able to sleep. On my connecting flight during the day and 3 hours, I was freezing. A 3-course meal and you had the choice between 3 main courses. The main course (steak) was tasty and the pastry too, but not on the level you'd expect in business class. Only 4 different wine choices. The offered wine was good, but the choices were not. They offer a bunch of movies but not many recent ones. The worst thing was the lack of service between dinner and breakfast. Not a single time did the FA's come around offering water. You had to go to the galley and ask for it. As a biz class pax. Try to find another carrier with a better service but at least do not overpay for business class on this airline.
RouteSan José to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2021

" cannot be considered as carry on"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Check in counter employee was rude, did not know the required documents and took advantage of me being in a hurry to catch the flight after wasting my time to check eligibility. First of all she insisted that I was not eligible to fly. She went to review with her superior and waste a lot of time until they finally approved that I was eligible to go on this flight. When she finally asked about my luggage, I had two small bags where she claimed that one of them cannot be considered as carry on after I gave her the first bag. I asked her to substitute between the bag I sent and the other bag she told me she cannot withdraw the first bag it has already gone to the plane. So she demanded 75 euros to be paid using a credit card. The problem was that I wasn't carrying a credit card and the clock was ticking so I was embarrassed in front of all travelers begging them to take my cash and pay on my behalf. The situation was awfully embarrassing.
RouteBarcelona to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I still have to see my money back"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | They have positively reviewed my claim for ticket refund 3 months ago, but I still have to see my money back! I am inside of EU, so theoretically they have 7 days to make the refund. There is no way to contact them other than by phone (there are no online forms for this case) but the representatives have misinformed me several times without me having any proof of it, so I strongly advise to not use this point of contact.
RouteFortaleza to Warsaw via Paris
Date FlownApril 2021

"business class tagged bag was last to arrive"

Trip Verified | Short crowded turbulent flight. Excellent attendant, typical European business class seating. Minimal “snack”, Captain was reassuring and vocal. My business class tagged bag was last to arrive.
RouteParis to Milan

"Efficient friendly service"

Trip Verified | The best flight since Covid on any carrier. Efficient friendly service, delicious food and drinks served in glassware and cutlery. Proving current cuts in service on other carriers is not as claimed, Covid related. Good seat, good entertainment, great experience. A few points of for not checking belts and upright seats for landing but other than that great!
RouteBoston to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2021

"we will never again fly AF"

Trip Verified | Customer Service was extremely poor at CDG Airport. No agents available to answer questions or assist withe kiosks etc. No separate check in for business class and most checkin done by passengers after they figured out how to print bag tags and load bags on belt. The service in business was unbelievable. We were on board 1.5 hours with a posted ATC delay and waiting for late passengers. No preflight service offered. After departure, only given drinks during lunch service. I had to go to attendants station to request a wine refill, but it never showed for my wife or self. Finally, after ringing on service button, mine showed, but not wife's. For two meals, I was served two pasta dishes. I've had better service in Coach. Bottom line, we will never again fly AF.
RouteParis to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"provided a 10 minute window for boarding"

Trip Verified | My biggest complaint is that they only provided a 10 minute window for boarding. There was a last minute gate change. I’m sure that they announced the gate change because there were announcements in both German and French. I missed out on the information about the last minute gate change. When I noticed that the next flight was going to Morocco, I knew something was wrong so I looked at the departures and rushed to the correct gate. When I got there, the doors were already closed. They rebooked me into a middle seat in regular economy. My original booking was premium economy. They claimed that there were no seats available in premium economy but I saw that there were. I had to pay for my own hotel room because the next flight available was for the next day. I complained to the airline and they basically said how unfortunate it must be to be me. They won’t do anything.
RouteVienna to Paris CDG