Air France

"answer that I should contact KLM service"

Trip Verified | My Kiev to Nantes via Amsterdam flight for the end of July was partially cancelled. No option to get cashback for the whole flight. No alternative proposed by the airline. Reservation was done directly through the site airfrance.fr. Flight is served by Air France and KLM. Search in Internet and on Air France site for solution: no solution. Search in Internet and on Air France site for e-mail or other digital communication service: no solution. Call Air France French support - after 40 minutes I got a person answered in English, which redirected me on other phone line. After 40 minutes on the other hone line the call is ended with no answer. Next day after 1 hour I got an answer that I should contact KLM service support for my problem. After 1 hour on phone I finally got in contact with KLM. They told that I should call another country KLM customer support.
RouteKiev to Nantes via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2020

"our first choice of airline"

Not Verified | My wife and I had plans to visit in March and April 2020. Do to Covid19, we rebooked our trip to August 17, 2020. Recently there was some mix up and our new reservation disappeared. We contacted Air France USA and they offered to reinstate the reservation or issue a voucher. Due to the uncertainty caused by Covid19, we decided to have the voucher issued. The person that assisted us was very helpful and made the experience easy. We are looking forward to visiting France in 2021 when things are more settled. We would like to thank Air France USA for the excellent service they provided. This experience and the service we received during our last flights on Air France, make Air France our first choice of airline.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2019

"well trained and friendly staff"

Not Verified | Vienna to Munich via Paris in March 2020. Exceptionally well trained and friendly staff, from the moment I arrived at the airport to the moment when I left my arriving airport. The food was outstanding for a short haul flight while my seat in the first row offered plenty of space. The only down side was that there was no jacket hanger (just put it on the middle seat), aside of that especially the quality of the food and the crew were outstanding. Also very flexible with additional/overweight baggage. Despite there being no monitors, the airline seems to offer an app for entertainment, which I did not make any use of.
RouteVienna to Munich via Paris

"I am overall satisfied"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | I decided to fly with Air France because of their reputation and quality of service. Moreover their price was competitive compared to other airlines. I had to fly end of April and return beginning of May. But as many other passengers my flight was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and had to be canceled by the airline. I understand that it is a force-major situation that has never happened before and I understand that they can't refund immediately the money to all the passengers. I was happy to get a refundable travel voucher so applied for one on their web site. My main review is for the experience with their customer service. The support staff in Bulgaria was very polite and helpful. I got all the necessary information and assistance from them. And although I had some feud up later with the support staff from their headquarter in France, I am overall satisfied with the customer service received. A week after exchanging e-mails with the headquarter I received my refundable travel voucher. I would most likely try to send it on another flight since I just postponed my trip and not canceled it at all. Had I have received a better customer service from the staff in France I would have give 10 of 10 rating.
RouteSofia to Tokyo via Paris
Date FlownApril 2020

"request for refund was denied"

(Ecuador)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Quito via Paris in September 2019. The plane left Frankfurt 45 minutes late. Therefore, I arrived together with 5 other passengers at the gate of my connection flight in Paris only 35 minutes before departure. At this point of time, there was no employee from Air France present at the gate. After a couple of minutes, two employees came back from the airplane (which still was there) to the gate. They told us that boarding is only possible up to 30 minutes before departure and that the plane will leave in 28 minutes, therefore we were not allowed to board anymore. A request for refund was denied. Reason for deny a refund was that the delay of the first flight was caused by “heavy air traffic” in Europe.
RouteFrankfurt to Quito via Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"complete and utter nightmare"

Not Verified | Booked flights for myself and family for March 18th. This airline is a complete and utter nightmare. Just got an email response to my request for a refund. Email just apologised for delay and hoped my problem was resolved! No it is not resolved. That why I was contacting you! They have taken my money, cancelled the flights and not given me my money back. Good luck getting through on the phone. They know nothing and can do nothing.
RouteParis to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I really enjoyed the food"

Not Verified | I have flown the Air France’s Business class several times and that’s actually one of my favourite business class product. Especially for the seat which is great - try to avoid their A380s which are equipped with the old one. I really enjoyed the food and the crew was great, very friendly. The Lounge in New York JFK is amazing.
RouteNew York to Paris
Date FlownMay 2019

"give you the voucher"

Trip Verified | Paris to Tel Aviv. I booked months ago, a long week end in Israel and Coronavirus arrived. Air France was very fair, on their website , they offered to cancel your flight and give you the voucher of the same value for another flight valid 1 year.
RouteParis to Tel Aviv
Date FlownApril 2020

"My experience was bad"

Trip Verified | New York to Paris. This experience was terrible. Avoid Air France at all cost. They’re taking advantage of the virus situation to have people pay way to much for an expected service that doesn’t match your lower expectations. My food was inedible. No entertainment on the plane, screens not working.They don’t even give you towels or hand sanitizer. My experience was bad, from beginning to end. I’ll never fly Air France again.
RouteNew York to Paris

"I never got to travel"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Cairo to Oslo via Paris. I never got to travel. I ordered a ticket from them online on the 14th March 2020. Everything seemed in order and I received a confirmation that the booking was confirmed. I could also see that the amount had been reserved on my MasterCard. The e-mail with the confirmation did not include a lot of information other than a link to the details of my trip online. By accessing the link I could see that everything was in order. The next day, when my travel was supposed to take place, I checked the link once more, but this time nothing showed up. I just got a blank internet site. By contacting the airline, they informed me that my booking was cancelled by them. I had received no information about this from the airline. The given reason was that it was apparently not possible to order a trip from Egypt with Air France online within the last 72 hours before departure. Nothing on their website had indicated this as far as I could see and my booking had through. The man I spoke to had no solution to this problem, but told me I had to personally show up at the airport and order a flight from Air France and pay in cash. I told him I needed a booking to make sure I got a seat, given the coronavirus situation. He made a new booking in my name and told me I had to pay for the tickets at the airport before 22:00 p.m. I went to the airport very early to make sure I would get my ticket in good time, but at the airport there were no one from Air France. By calling them I got information that my second booking also had been cancelled (again with no warning from the airline) and that they wouldn't have personel on the airport until three hours before the flight, meaning not before 22:50 hours p.m. The guy I spoke to this time said he would make a new booking for me, but he could not guarantee that this new booking would also not be cancelled and he could give no guarantee for availability. This was "not in their policy", so he could basically do nothing. I asked him if it was in their policy to accept two bookings from a customer, reserve money on their credit card and then cancel the booking twice without giving any information or heads-up to their customer. A question for which their representative had no answer. I was not willing to take anymore chances of delaying my booking any further, so I booked another trip with Emirates without any issues at all. Now, four days later, on Tuesday 17th march, the amount is still reserved on my MasterCard. As a finishing touch, I might add that I had three friends who actually made the trip with AirFrance on the very same flight I was supposed to take. The time of their booking online? The very same day as I made mine, meaning, well within 72 hours of departure.
RouteCairo to Oslo via Paris