Air France

"recommend Air France"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to London Heathrow. Boarding was fast, the cabin was clean and seats were pretty comfortable. During the 40mins flight the flight attendants served beverages and little sandwiches. Totally recommend Air France.
RouteParis to London

"An outstanding flight"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Budapest. An outstanding flight with Air France. Accross the airport the ground personel was very helpful to the passengers. The flight departed on time. The plane was remarkably clean when we boarded. There was good legroom aboard this small aircraft and the seat was comfortable for a short 2 hours flight. We received a waffle and a biscuit during the flights, which were acceptable. The drinks on board were excellent. Throughout the flight, the crew was kind and sometimes the attendants had a short talk with passengers. Finally, the landing was soft and we arrived to the gate 15 minutes before scheduled arrival time. Note that inflight entertainment is free, but offered on a personal device.
RouteParis CDG to Budapest

"most uncomfortable seat"

Trip Verified | Niamey to Paris. Had the pleasure of getting upgraded to Premium Economy recently on a 6-hr flight. Not sure what they were thinking when they designed these seats, but it was legitimately the most uncomfortable seat I’ve ever flown in. Rather than the seat reclining to give you enough angle to fall asleep, the brawny-paper towel thick seat cushions only slid down halfway to the floor, leaving me responsible for holding my body weight for the entire flight. No recline whatsoever. If you ever get upgraded, politely decline the garbage seat and opt for regular economy.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteNiamey to Paris

"Enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | Enjoyable flight from Porto to Paris! Did my check in online on the Air France app. Flight departed on time, cabin crews were very friendly, attentive and helpful. The aircraft was clean and seat comfortable. Totally recommend Air France.
RoutePorto to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2018

"We had to sit separately"

Trip Verified | Flying out was fine. We had a wonderful break. I tried numerous times to check in for the return flight but the Air France website repeatedly froze. We arrived at CDG in plenty of time, one and a half hours before the flight, only to be told we were late. My son's French is very good and heard the check in staff discussing how their website is rubbish and it was saying the flight was closed as it was quoting the wrong take off time. We were issued with our boarding passes but no apology. We had paid for an extra piece of luggage, which was a large box. We were given the wrong directions for the oversize luggage. We had to sit separately. On arriving at LHR I got an email and text explaining my luggage had not been loaded. I went to the desk in baggage reclaim to be told my luggage was not on the system but it was not at all unusual for the staff in oversize baggage at CDG not to load the luggage. It was delivered the next day, 50 minutes outside of the 2 hour period for the delivery.
RouteParis CDG to London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2018

"could sleep at least 5 hours"

Trip Verified | Cayenne to Paris Orly. After one long waiting hour in hot conditions at Cayenne airport, we took off from French Guiana to join Paris Orly (night flight). In flight meal was served quickly and we could sleep at least 5 hours before light breakfast. The Boeing 777-200 reclining seats in economy could have been changed to new seats that not bother the passenger being. Good flight: we landed right on time.
RouteCayenne to Paris Orly
Date FlownOctober 2018

"landed at the right time"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Cayenne. The aircraft took off and landed at the right time. In flight meals and entertainment were OK, with a large choice of films and music. Reclining seats in night positions bother the passenger behind. It would be better if Air France would use new seats.
RouteParis Orly to Cayenne

"incompetent baggage policy"

Trip Verified | Paris to Washington. I'm so furious with Air France's incompetent baggage policy and handling. I arrived 2 hours early for my flight in Paris with a backpack and a rolly bag that I use as a carry-on. I used this same bag combination on 3 separate flights on this same journey. This time, however, an Air France employee stopped me before the security checkpoint in Paris and said I had to check my rolly because it weighed over 12 KG. I went to the AF baggage check-in line. The employees were slow. They did not seem to care at all about the huge queue. I waited for 1 hour before they took my bag. The flight was also delayed 1 hour, which should have left plenty of time to load my forced-checked-bag onto the plane. When I arrived in the US, my bag was missing! Still in Paris! An AF employee directed me to exit immigration/customs and file a report at the Air France office. But the office was closed. A Delta employee helped me confirm my bag was indeed still in Paris (it was a code-share flight). Unfortunately she wrote a wrong file reference code on my folder. She just wrote a wrong digit. Simple mistake, but another headache and more lost hours getting help on the phone and figuring out where my bag is.
RouteParis to Washington
Date FlownOctober 2018

"they chose to downgrade us"

(Israel)

Not Verified | It was my misfortune to select this airline for my flight to Tahiti, for reasons best known to the airline they chose to downgrade us from premium economy to economy without any explanation or apology this despite the fact that the flights were were booked 4 months prior to departure. The airline did refund the difference in cost which was little compensation for a horrible flight, add to that the ground crew at LAX were unbelievably officious and and sour when trying to deal with this issue which only came to light on checkin. We made a written complaint but the complaints department were not any better advising that we had been notified by email in French, a language we don’t speak, and had been refunded which should be good enough for us, in any case we did not received any mails changing our seats. The crew tried to help when boarding and couldn’t offer us an upgrade to business which we were quite prepared to pay for even though they do not provide flatbed seats on this 8 hour, 3 hour time change route, in short as passengers who fly worldwide at least 20 times a year we have never encountered such complete disregard from a national carrier, the worst part is we are due to return to LAX from Tahiti with them in several days. We ordered kosher meals and that was cancelled as well.
RouteLos Angeles to Papeete
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"enjoyed flying with Air France"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | London to Paris. Really enjoyed flying with Air France. The aircraft was looking new with beautiful and clean cabin. The cabin crew who served me was smiley, friendly and attentive. Hot beverages and pastries was offered during this 40 mins flight. Definitely flying with Air France again.
RouteLondon to Paris