Air France

"very unpleasant experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The COVID measures taken by Air France are unsatisfactory. Ok this was an early morning flight (6am), still at the boarding there is no whatsoever priority or attention given to avoid jamming and crowding of passengers. At the gate all passengers are let into the plane regardless of row number, in one long queue. This had lead to huge jams, waiting and crowding in the plane when people were stowing their luggage into the compartments above the seats. I was sitting at an aisle seat when an elderly couple wanted to sit at a close by row. some other passenger had by mistake taken one of their seat. Then they started to unload their luggage when changing seat, the couple had a large suitcase which did not fit, two fellow passangers stood up to help them - suddenly a huge crowd of people everyone talking and shuffling around for 10-15 minutes until everyone got their seat. During all onboarding process there was no staff to be seen to help in any way, no announcements given that could have instructed passengers. The staff could have spotted the big suitcases and helped to stow them away in the front of the plane. A very unpleasant experience during COVID times, I will avoid this airline going forward.
RouteLondon to Malaga via Paris
Date FlownApril 2021

"rude, unhelpful and arrogant personnel"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. I misconnected at CDG and consequently had to stay in Paris for two days. Air France has not offered me any sort of assistance, no meal vouchers, no courtesy call, no hotel accommodation, no transfer voucher or any compensation whatsoever. When I arrived at my final destination (more than two days later) I found out that my suitcase was also lost by the airline. No compensation for that either, no apologies from the airline. Just saying nothing is their fault. Why did I misconnect? After arriving on stand, the Captain told us that there was no ground staff available to operate the jetbridge. So we had to wait. Only one dispatcher for so many flights - the Captain’s words. We were seated on the aircraft for about 45 minutes. Naturally a lot of people started to panic and complain while still on board, heavy arguments started between crew and passengers regarding who should be re-seated, with swear words flying around. After disembarkation a long run started. Be aware, if you are planning to connect at CDG. Most of the airport is closed/unused. Transfer signs are covered with A4 sheets with handwritten “closed” notes and arrows on them. Staff are blocking routes and re-directing passengers. Only two immigration officers at transfer area, processing several hundred passengers. Only a few security lines open at transfer area, for a huge crowd of people. Buses between terminals run every half an hour and I am not exaggerating. Air France knows you can’t connect in such a short time, because it’s simply impossible. They will still sell you a ticket. Because they don’t care if you misconnect. Please only try to connect at CDG if you have at least 3 hrs to connect! And the worst of all, after misconnecting, together with approximately 40 other passengers, we went back to the ticket desk to seek assistance. We were immediately told there was no compensation, no assistance and no rebooking. Without even checking our tickets. Several passengers were immediately reduced to tears. I have never in my life encountered such rude, unhelpful and arrogant personnel. If you are unfortunate enough and must travel at these uncertain times due to an emergency, please please avoid Air France and CDG airport, or if you can’t, make sure you have at least an extra EUR 500 in your pocket to cover hotel expenses for yourself. And please check what alternatives you have in case you misconnect. Also, having a through ticket, purchased directly from Air France doesn’t really help either if you misconnect, they will tell you it’s not their fault you misconnected, so they are not obligated to look after you. I hope this review is useful to someone out there.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Paris CDG
Date FlownNovember 2020

"An excellent journey"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | An excellent journey with a hard working and attentive crew. Food was superb and as if out of a kitchen rather than the standard aircraft pre heated meals. Very well prepared with a great selection of drinks. Worth every cent spent. Nice film and music selection. It was a nice trip throughout to destination. My thanks to the crew for their hard work and bringing fun back to flying.
RouteBangkok, to Milan via via Paris
Date FlownApril 2021

"The crew is very nice"

Not Verified | Everything is good, not excellent but not bad. The crew is very nice, but the food could be better. The comfort is ok, the movies are good but they are a lot of French ones so if your not speaking French, your choice will be limited.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteParis CDG to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2021

"waiting for the refund"

(Georgia)

Trip Verified | The worst customer service, waiting for the refund after the cancelation of a refundable ticket, it's been more than 7 months. Every time I call they keep repeating to wait for the email with the issued refund, I am so disappointed with their service.
RouteTbilisi to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Excellent way to fly between Europe and Brazil"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Excellent way to fly between Europe and Brazil. The aircraft is now firmly my favourite, the route between Europe and Sao Paulo is always bumpy, but the A350 seems to be the best at ironing out as much of the turbulence as possible, the previous "best" was the 777-300 but the A350 seems substantially more comfortable in bad weather. Air France uses this aircraft on this route, the cabin appears to be brand new, the screens are really nice. The economy seat is a little hard but no more so than any other economy seat. As Platinum flying blue I am able to choose for free my seat so I was able to peg a seat at the front of economy so I had a) extra legroom and b) I was able to disembark earlier than most which is huge when queues for immigration control are already long enough. Dinner was poor last night, chicken with mash and a mushroom sauce, generally its better, breakfast looked nice, but I do not like eggs (not their fault). Staff on the flight were really good, very supportive to a passenger next to me who was very nervous, came and thanked me as a Platinum member for my custom, its not necessary but still a nice touch. Flight was on time leaving and early arriving, was a really good price with a no catches refund policy which is really great in this pandemic situation. Other than the Chicken and Mash they didn't put a foot wrong.
RouteParis to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the worst customer service I have received"

(Spain)

Not Verified | We had four tickets to New York to fly September 2020, it was June and we didn't even know if would fly or not so we decided to cancel it in advance thinking they would return the money as they said they would only charge us with a small amount. Our surprise was when they took 75% of the total amount! They only return 25% of the ticket and didn't even provide a voucher. This was the worst customer service I have received.
RouteMadrid to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I really suggest you avoid Air France"

Trip Verified | This is the worst company ever! I really suggest you avoid Air France. I booked a ticket for a trip in March 2020 which was canceled due to covid. We are in February 2021 and I still have not got my refund! They are just so rude and arrogant! If you don't want to waste your money, you better chose another company.
RouteBasel to Ho Chi Minh via Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refused to let my mother board a flight"

Trip Verified | On 10/03 Air France employees refused to let my mother board a flight from Nairobi to Atlanta via Paris. She requested that the employees at the airport to cancel and reimburse the full ticket fee and I also called customer care to help resolve this issue. However, we have not gotten a full refund of my cancel ticket. This airline allowed passengers to purchase airfare tickets three days to travel day with a layover in Paris, France without warning that passengers travelling to America will not be allowed in Europe. Upon arrival at the airport, they refused we board the flight to Atlanta, GA. Customer service was extremely rude, I was on hold for at least 2 hours trying to reschedule my flight or get a refund - none of which happened. If laying over in Pairs, France they will require you to get a mandatory visitor visa.
AircraftMBM4YR
RouteNairobi to Atlanta via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I was very impressed"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I was very impressed with the way the Air France staff handled everything, from my departure in Barcelona to landing in Mumbai. We experienced bad luck with the weather, we were going to land in Mumbai before time but there was a storm and we had to divert to Bangalore and refuel before we could head to Mumbai when the weather got better. Overall the experience was so bad, but you could not get frustrated at the airline because they were so understanding and reassuring. While we had an additional 5 hours of just sitting around and waiting, they had to do extra hours of very hard work dealing with frustrated passengers! Just wanted to leave a positive review for how polite the flight attendants were, how much they smiled and looked after me!
RouteBarcelona to Mumbai via Paris