Air France

"everything was so uncoordinated"

Trip Verified | New York to Stuttgart via Paris. I had a bad experience, on my flight from New York to Paris. Firstly everything was so uncoordinated, the flight got delayed, even the staff from the plane wasn’t in yet even though the boarding would be in 5 minutes. While we was flying there were many inconveniences. First the AC was so cold that I froze the whole time, secondly we flew at night (0:30) and people wanted to sleep but the lights from the airplane were fully on. It was a longer flight but we didn’t receive much to eat and when they came by with water, tea, coffee they didn’t asked me, just a few passengers.
RouteNew York to Stuttgart via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2022

"the best flight attendants"

Not Verified | We had the best flight attendants. They were lovely. Very attentive to the passengers, very friendly. We were on flight 338 on September 29 leaving Paris to Seattle at 14:15.
RouteParis to Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"call centre obviously doesn't care"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai via Paris. After being unable to make my journey and trying to rebook my ticket the customer service has been utterly terrible. They wouldn't offer a refund, instead offered to rebook and call back once the fees were calculated within 48hrs. This never happened, and when trying to check my flight details on the app and found there was nothing there - I called them back and was told my £825 ticket was cancelled. I have spent many days talking to various people over the phone having no clue, but at the same time scared to summon one of their supervisors who are always 'in a meeting' - it's been a month now. They now refuse to do anything about my tickets, constantly hanging up without offering any resolve, the outsourced call centre obviously doesn't care for the reputation of the Airline. I have never had this bad customer service with any airline regarding cancellations and rebooking/changing of a flight and I've been travelling to medical conferences and meetings for 50+ years. Unless you really have to, I would avoid this airline like the plague (I only took this airline based on my daughter's word and recent travel), they do not care for your custom, they don't even have any Air-France staff at the check-in desks in Heathrow.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"took them over 2 months to refund"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Flights cancelled at short notice, no rebooking options, no compensation. I had to buy a new ticket and it took them over 2 months to refund the previous one. Aircrafts were fine, service was standard for long haul. 3 pieces of luggage delayed for 75 days, no information from their customer service, hard to reach and rude. Worst experience with an airline, they'll never see me again.
RouteHamburg to Punta Cana via Paris CDG
Date FlownJuly 2022

"has been improving recently"

Not Verified | Air France has been improving recently even if I already enjoyed flying this Airline,. CDG could be a small downside for a few people but I've always loved it, even though everything might take a few more minutes, I have always like it because it's beautiful!
RouteAtlanta to Paris
Date FlownJune 2022

"the staff were incredibly rude"

Not Verified | The airline sold me a ticket, changing in Paris, but left nowhere near enough time to get through security and run across the airport. It was pretty humiliating, and the staff were incredibly rude. When I complained about it, the customer service lady threatened to cancel my return ticket and actually dismissed me with a 'dusting off her hands' motion. They have completely ignored my request for a refund (it left me £233 out of pocket and with a ruined trip. It took all day just to get home).
RouteBirmingham to Paris via Budapest
Date FlownApril 2022

"still fight them for the proper compensation"

Trip Verified | My original flight had mechanical problems while in flight, so we diverted to Milan and endured hours of delay in getting to our final destination of New York-JFK. It was an awful ordeal. I submitted a delay compensation request back in January, and they finally approved it in September (more than 8 months to process!), but only for one of the two passengers in the reservation. I supplied them with all of the documentation they requested for both passengers. They have been unfriendly and unhelpful in getting to this point, and now after eight months of waiting, they are making me still fight them for the proper compensation amount. All I'm asking is that they follow the standard regulations set forth by the European Union. Nothing more, nothing less.
RouteMilan to New York via Paris CDG
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"a pleasant flight"

Not Verified | Overall, a pleasant flight. The mini croissant served on the E190 was tasty. As for the food on the A350, it was satisfying enough but was not up to my expectations. Flight attendants were smiling.
AircraftA350/E190
RouteSingapore to Nuremberg via Paris

"Thank you Air France!"

Trip Verified | Excellent service at Bengaluru. Due to the short time in b/w transfers one bag did not arrive. However Air France had already sent a list of missing baggage and they informed us whilst we were at the luggage carousel, this saving us time. They tracked where our baggage was and sent it on the next flight. It arrived safely. Very helpful staff at Bengaluru who helped us when we were tired and stressed. Thank you Air France! Re food though it's a different review as the quality was poor, food passed off as Indian, really wasn't food any Indian would eat!
RouteManchester to Paris via Bangaluru
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"it took Air France 3 days to ship my bag to me"

Trip Verified | Delayed baggage, and even longer delays (3 days!) in shipping it to me. Air France has scheduled far too short a connection time in Paris for its flights from West Africa (Guinea and Central African Republic), and given the change in terminal and slow security at CDG, I always end up having to run in order to make the final call for my London flight - very stressful. Air France themselves have the same problem - the last time I flew, my bag also missed the connection, and arrived in London three hours after me. That's when things really went downhill. Despite the fact that I live only two hours drive from Heathrow, it took Air France 3 days to ship my bag to me. I can order something on Amazon by midday and have it delivered the same day, but Air France takes 3 days to ship to an address two hours drive away. The final cherry on the cake: arrogant, indifferent customer service. When I called to complain about all of this and asked for a manager, the operator initially refused to let me talk to a manager, saying this was just about a bag. When I insisted, he said all of the managers were in a meeting, but he refused to get a manager to call me back - he said I would have to ring again and try to catch them when they're available! I will instead now vote with my feet, and stop using Air France for my flights to West Africa. Terrible airline.
RouteConakry to London Heathrow via Paris