Air France

"a good product and service"

Not Verified | London to Taipei via Paris on business class. Check in at LHR T4 is the typical fashion – slow and not too friendly. The queue for Sky Priority was long and that seems to be the norm when flying out of LHR T4. The Sky Team lounge at T4 is nothing to write home about. It’s large and not busy but feels very basic. First lag of the journey was operated by an Airbus 320. The plane isn’t new and the business class seat was exactly the same as economy although they kept the middle seat empty. Service was efficient but lack of warmth and the catering wasn’t exciting. Left Heathrow slightly late due to traffic control but arrived at CDG slightly early. The transit in CDG is pretty straight forward but not as efficient as AMS Schiphol. Airport is modern and clean, and the Air France lounge in hall M was busy. Being at Air France lounge the drinks (wine and champagne ) choices were good. Second lag of the journey (CDG to TPE) was operated by an old B777-200. Boarding was well organised and Sky Priority was enforced. I was surprised that no one was at the door to welcome passengers. However once onboard the service was friendly and warm and the crew were very elegant. Food and wine on AF was first class and the seat was comfortable and spacious. Entertainment system also worked well although this was an old plane. There was no wifi though. Overall Air France business class (the renovated version) offers a good product and service, but personally I’d prefer to travel on A350 which is so much quieter than B777.
RouteLondon to Taipei via Paris
Date FlownNovember 2018

"showed the kindness and empathy"

Trip Verified | Prague to Paris. I have never written a review before, however, the kindness of Air France staff was so exemplary that I felt moved to inform of my wonderful experience. On October 24, 2018 my husband and I were delayed in traffic by an airport shuttle. Having never missed a flight before, I was understandably trying to conceal my panic. Air France lovely, professional and kind staff couldn't have been any nicer. They assisted us in finding another flight to Paris which allowed us to continue uninterrupted back to the States. I honestly felt like I wanted to hug them. I have occasionally heard that the French could be somewhat cool, (which I am sure came from a somewhat cool individual themselves.) I would like to report that Air France staff showed the kindness and empathy that I am sure truly represents your beautiful country! Thank you for a wonderful flight with your beautiful staff. We will always choose Air France when possible.
RoutePrague to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2018

"had my luggage delayed 72hrs"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Sao Paulo via Paris. I had my luggage delayed 72hrs by Air France and they didn't pay one cent for my expenses. I talked with different people, in Guarulhos, by phone and in the UK, everyone confirmed that I would have my expenses with transport, clothes and toiletries paid by Air France. They have never mention the Montreal Convention to set the rules and therefore I was faithful that they would cover at least the measurable demands they have caused, well, my faith on their services is now represented by this review and it is obvious that my expectations were not achieve: Not for the time solving the initial problem and nether on payment the consequences of the problems that you have caused. My complaint was placed on 25th October, I got their answer after 2 weeks and half with a negative for a demand that could be accepted, and I can add that their answer do not respect my frustration on using their services.
RouteManchester to Sao Paulo via Paris

"recommend Air France"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to London Heathrow. Boarding was fast, the cabin was clean and seats were pretty comfortable. During the 40mins flight the flight attendants served beverages and little sandwiches. Totally recommend Air France.
RouteParis to London

"An outstanding flight"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Budapest. An outstanding flight with Air France. Accross the airport the ground personel was very helpful to the passengers. The flight departed on time. The plane was remarkably clean when we boarded. There was good legroom aboard this small aircraft and the seat was comfortable for a short 2 hours flight. We received a waffle and a biscuit during the flights, which were acceptable. The drinks on board were excellent. Throughout the flight, the crew was kind and sometimes the attendants had a short talk with passengers. Finally, the landing was soft and we arrived to the gate 15 minutes before scheduled arrival time. Note that inflight entertainment is free, but offered on a personal device.
RouteParis CDG to Budapest

"most uncomfortable seat"

Trip Verified | Niamey to Paris. Had the pleasure of getting upgraded to Premium Economy recently on a 6-hr flight. Not sure what they were thinking when they designed these seats, but it was legitimately the most uncomfortable seat I’ve ever flown in. Rather than the seat reclining to give you enough angle to fall asleep, the brawny-paper towel thick seat cushions only slid down halfway to the floor, leaving me responsible for holding my body weight for the entire flight. No recline whatsoever. If you ever get upgraded, politely decline the garbage seat and opt for regular economy.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteNiamey to Paris

"Enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | Enjoyable flight from Porto to Paris! Did my check in online on the Air France app. Flight departed on time, cabin crews were very friendly, attentive and helpful. The aircraft was clean and seat comfortable. Totally recommend Air France.
RoutePorto to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2018

"We had to sit separately"

Trip Verified | Flying out was fine. We had a wonderful break. I tried numerous times to check in for the return flight but the Air France website repeatedly froze. We arrived at CDG in plenty of time, one and a half hours before the flight, only to be told we were late. My son's French is very good and heard the check in staff discussing how their website is rubbish and it was saying the flight was closed as it was quoting the wrong take off time. We were issued with our boarding passes but no apology. We had paid for an extra piece of luggage, which was a large box. We were given the wrong directions for the oversize luggage. We had to sit separately. On arriving at LHR I got an email and text explaining my luggage had not been loaded. I went to the desk in baggage reclaim to be told my luggage was not on the system but it was not at all unusual for the staff in oversize baggage at CDG not to load the luggage. It was delivered the next day, 50 minutes outside of the 2 hour period for the delivery.
RouteParis CDG to London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2018

"could sleep at least 5 hours"

Trip Verified | Cayenne to Paris Orly. After one long waiting hour in hot conditions at Cayenne airport, we took off from French Guiana to join Paris Orly (night flight). In flight meal was served quickly and we could sleep at least 5 hours before light breakfast. The Boeing 777-200 reclining seats in economy could have been changed to new seats that not bother the passenger being. Good flight: we landed right on time.
RouteCayenne to Paris Orly
Date FlownOctober 2018

"landed at the right time"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Cayenne. The aircraft took off and landed at the right time. In flight meals and entertainment were OK, with a large choice of films and music. Reclining seats in night positions bother the passenger behind. It would be better if Air France would use new seats.
RouteParis Orly to Cayenne