Air France

"the staff were incredibly rude"

Not Verified | The airline sold me a ticket, changing in Paris, but left nowhere near enough time to get through security and run across the airport. It was pretty humiliating, and the staff were incredibly rude. When I complained about it, the customer service lady threatened to cancel my return ticket and actually dismissed me with a 'dusting off her hands' motion. They have completely ignored my request for a refund (it left me £233 out of pocket and with a ruined trip. It took all day just to get home).
RouteBirmingham to Paris via Budapest
Date FlownApril 2022

"still fight them for the proper compensation"

Trip Verified | My original flight had mechanical problems while in flight, so we diverted to Milan and endured hours of delay in getting to our final destination of New York-JFK. It was an awful ordeal. I submitted a delay compensation request back in January, and they finally approved it in September (more than 8 months to process!), but only for one of the two passengers in the reservation. I supplied them with all of the documentation they requested for both passengers. They have been unfriendly and unhelpful in getting to this point, and now after eight months of waiting, they are making me still fight them for the proper compensation amount. All I'm asking is that they follow the standard regulations set forth by the European Union. Nothing more, nothing less.
RouteMilan to New York via Paris CDG
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"a pleasant flight"

Not Verified | Overall, a pleasant flight. The mini croissant served on the E190 was tasty. As for the food on the A350, it was satisfying enough but was not up to my expectations. Flight attendants were smiling.
AircraftA350/E190
RouteSingapore to Nuremberg via Paris

"Thank you Air France!"

Trip Verified | Excellent service at Bengaluru. Due to the short time in b/w transfers one bag did not arrive. However Air France had already sent a list of missing baggage and they informed us whilst we were at the luggage carousel, this saving us time. They tracked where our baggage was and sent it on the next flight. It arrived safely. Very helpful staff at Bengaluru who helped us when we were tired and stressed. Thank you Air France! Re food though it's a different review as the quality was poor, food passed off as Indian, really wasn't food any Indian would eat!
RouteManchester to Paris via Bangaluru
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"it took Air France 3 days to ship my bag to me"

Trip Verified | Delayed baggage, and even longer delays (3 days!) in shipping it to me. Air France has scheduled far too short a connection time in Paris for its flights from West Africa (Guinea and Central African Republic), and given the change in terminal and slow security at CDG, I always end up having to run in order to make the final call for my London flight - very stressful. Air France themselves have the same problem - the last time I flew, my bag also missed the connection, and arrived in London three hours after me. That's when things really went downhill. Despite the fact that I live only two hours drive from Heathrow, it took Air France 3 days to ship my bag to me. I can order something on Amazon by midday and have it delivered the same day, but Air France takes 3 days to ship to an address two hours drive away. The final cherry on the cake: arrogant, indifferent customer service. When I called to complain about all of this and asked for a manager, the operator initially refused to let me talk to a manager, saying this was just about a bag. When I insisted, he said all of the managers were in a meeting, but he refused to get a manager to call me back - he said I would have to ring again and try to catch them when they're available! I will instead now vote with my feet, and stop using Air France for my flights to West Africa. Terrible airline.
RouteConakry to London Heathrow via Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"this airline is really improving"

Trip Verified | Excellent flight from Paris to Montréal, I wouldn't have recommended Air France 6 or 7 years ago, but this airline is really improving. The cabin crew was pleasing and careful, the flight landed earlier than announced and the food was pretty good for an economy class. The only negative point is that Paris CDG is really disorganized, it is probably one of the worst airports I've had experienced with Amsterdam AMS in Europe. I really hope that it will improve within the next years.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteMontréal to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"frustrated by the utter lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | My flight from Zurich to Paris was an hour late. My return flight experience was worse: I paid for a Siège Plus (11D) with extra legroom. However, there were no such seats (no emergency exit seats) on the Embraer 170. I now have to spend time filing an online claim for a reimbursement. My baggage was not delivered in Zurich. This is not the first time my bags have been lost by Air France even in a tiny terminal like 2G in Paris. The bag finally arrived at Zurich airport this morning, one and a half days late. The local transporter never contacted me to schedule delivery. I had to call AF and insist on getting the local transporter's telephone number. I was told the bag was on its way, despite the fact that nobody had called me to check if I was home. I was told it would be with me between 3 and 5 p.m. No bag arrived. I then called the transporter again, who checked and said the driver claimed I was not at home. Hello! I had stayed at home the entire day. I did not even take a shower in case the driver came with my bag at exactly that time. This was a blatant lie by the driver. I then insisted that they make a delivery and I now have another two interval I need to block in the evening. In the best case scenario, I will have spent my entire day waiting at home for a bag. Between AF and the useless local transporter, I have wasted two days. Is this how AF treats its passengers? Is a Flying Blue Gold member impressed by this experience? I am very frustrated by the utter lack of professionalism from start to finish.
AircraftEmbraer 170
RouteParis to Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2022

"impressed by the Air France flight crew"

Not Verified | I must say that I am impressed by the Air France flight crew. I recently flew from NY to Bangalore with a connection in Paris with my wife and 12 month old son. It was exactly what you would expect it to be. A nightmare! We had everything planned (my wife did I just follow orders) from the flight time, connection, food, sleep etc so that our child could have as smooth as a trip as possible. From NY to Paris we we golden. Smooth as silk. We took off he ate and slept. We landed and had some trouble figuring things out but we managed. Once we got on the plane for our Paris to Bangalore slight the nightmare began. He started screaming at the top of his lungs before the flight took off. Our plan for entertainment was lost during transport (ipad with pre downloaded 5hrs Cocomelon). He was rejecting all toys and foods. The lady behind us asked my wife " Is he going to be like that the whole flight?" After some back and forth with the other passenger, ourselves and the flight crew we took off. It was a 10hr flight and he cried for 9 of them. It was an out of body experience. Our son has never been so miserable. I dont know if it was sleep deprivation or his ears were bothering him but he was inconsolable. Our friend behind us, to her credit, along with the other passengers did not add fuel to the fire. The only bright spot was the flight crew. Which is the reason for the review. I have to give credit where credit is due. They were simply amazing. Very empathetic and supportive. Asking us if we needed any support on multiple occasions and it wasn't just one of them it was all of them. Providing us with food and supplies that I didn't even know was available. BTW did you know that there are children's eye covers? I found that interesting and don't know why. Anyway if it wasn't for our air heroes my wife and I would be needing immediate psychiatric therapy. We all know how difficult that is to get now and days. My salute to the air crew that day. You saved us and we are truly grateful. We will remember this day for a long time not only because of the difficulties we had with our son but for the care and help we received from the crew
RouteNew York to Bangalore via Paris
Date FlownAugust 2022

"The refund was never made"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | This was a booking with KLM for two passengers made and paid by myself but one passenger cancelled. I was promised a refund against a fee. The refund was never made. I asked various Air France employees if there was anything I could do to solve the situation. It seems to me that niceties in the cabin are cheap to get, and anyway, those are paid for. When real issues arise, Air France is incapable of solving them, and, indeed, does not care to do so.
RouteTrondheim to London via Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2022

"such a wonderful experience"

Not Verified | I would like to say that the airline and cabin crew were absolutely brilliant. They were very attentive and in hand if we needed them. The inflight food was delicious and tasty, not bland like other airlines. We pre-paid for our seats and we’re very pleased with the extra leg room outbound and the Solo seats coming home. I would like to thank all the staff from check in until when we landed. So professional and quick so the queues were small and manageable. Air France made our holiday more amazing by delivering such a wonderful experience. Thank You.
RouteLondon to Punta Cana via Paris