Air France

"They will check your bag weight"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | If your 2 pieces allowed (1 carry on + extra) weigh more than 12kg you will be charge 45 euros. They will check your bag weight on terminal 2f before security check there is a lady there. My bag was carry on 10.2 kg and extra bag was 4kg ( my laptop is heavy) a 45 euro charge.
RouteParis to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"no excuse for this horrible service"

Trip Verified | In the least crowded time of traveling the airline lost my baggage (1 suitcase). It has been 2 days now that I am in Paris and I have been given 3 different stories as to where my suitcase is, the first one said it arrived on at 9.42am just an hour after my flight arrived, another earlier today said it arrived 11am. The last customer service person, said that my suitcase is on the way, then I asked to speak to a manager she said she doesn't have one and replied "you're talking to me, sir" before hanging up. Behold! This is how you are treated by this company, they loose your baggage and take no accountability and just outright lie to you without remorse. I will no longer be relying on Air France for any of my travels. There is no excuse for this horrible service as at this point the Covid pandemic is nothing new and the airline can't blame the loss of my baggage for having an elevated number of travelers/passengers flying. It is now Tuesday evening in Paris and I'm leaving back to NY on Monday. I wonder if I will even have my suitcase by then. Don't waist your money on Air France.
RouteNew York JFK to Paris CDG
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"inflight service was good"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Marseilles to Athens. Even during covid-19 their inflight service was good, they offer beer or wine or spirit. Announcements were on French, English and Greek. The A320 was ok with sufficient legroom.
RouteMarseilles to Athens

"no trace of baggage"

(Georgia)

Not Verified | Other than horrible seating for anyone with the slightest back problems or other problems which I might not be familiar with, the food is definitely not for most people’s taste. I’m not even going to elaborate on customer service. My luggage didn’t make it to the flight. Why? Answer: “you only had 1 hr and 15 mins before flights. This was my first time flying with Air France. I have another trip planned, which I hope to cancel. My delayed luggage was supposed to arrive 2 days later than my initial flight. (15th of August) it’s now 17th of August and no trace of baggage. I called and emailed several times. This morning I’ve been told there’s a car dropping off my suitcase at 1-2 pm. No action has been taken. They’ve stopped answering my calls and emails. It’s the time of a global pandemic and us, travelers, have to quarantine. I was left in a cold room. You guessed it, not a hotel; not any other place I’m familiar with. I have nothing. I don’t have my medicine, warm clothes, a blanket, the necessities. I can’t go out to buy stuff anymore. I filed a compensation form, too. They replied, asking for flight details and pictures, which I provided. It is now days later and I still don’t have answers. Phone lines not picking up. Horrible customer service. The worst experience ever and I’m not a stranger to flying different distances.
RouteGeorgia to Boston via Paris
Date FlownAugust 2020

"had the mask only on the chin"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Today as I boarded the flight, i am greeted by two gentlemen wearing on their shirt a badge with “safety/security” written on. One of them had the mask only on the chin, uncovering the nose. This shows lack of professionalism. These days more than ever, every detail is capital.
RouteBastia to Paris Orly
Date FlownAugust 2020

"no refund, no information"

Trip Verified | Our flights Paris - Palma de Mallorca were cancelled in April and I had no reply to my claim since then. We paid 350 EUR in February for these flights and it is now almost August. I feel scammed by Air France. Up until today, no refund, no information, no reimbursement even though we are theoretically protected by European consumer laws - they clearly do not care about these laws. Customers come last for Air France.
RouteParis to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownApril 2020

"my ticket is non refundable"

Trip Verified | I have been trying to get a reimbursement of my tickets booked for October 2020 and am still trying to get a resolution! 5 months later and numerous phone calls to be told that it is being processed, but have not received anything yet. I have started sending emails, and have been bounced around to every department that they have. I finally received an email today July 19 2020 stating that my ticket was not refundable! Nowhere on my documentations does it state that it is non refundable, in fact when speaking with the gentleman who booked our flights he stated that we could cancel and the fee would be 75.00 euro. I have been given in correct information from just about everyone I have spoken to. I have requested on numerous occasions to speak with a supervisor to be told in the email that they can not contact my by phone. I find that it is interesting they can request payment immediately but I'm waiting 5 months for funds to be returned. They have not offered any solutions, just a flat statement that my ticket is non refundable. I am writing this as I sit on hold which has now been for over an hour! Do not fly with this company, they do not disclose the truth, will not answer questions, ignore requests for information.
RouteParis to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2020

"answer that I should contact KLM service"

Trip Verified | My Kiev to Nantes via Amsterdam flight for the end of July was partially cancelled. No option to get cashback for the whole flight. No alternative proposed by the airline. Reservation was done directly through the site airfrance.fr. Flight is served by Air France and KLM. Search in Internet and on Air France site for solution: no solution. Search in Internet and on Air France site for e-mail or other digital communication service: no solution. Call Air France French support - after 40 minutes I got a person answered in English, which redirected me on other phone line. After 40 minutes on the other hone line the call is ended with no answer. Next day after 1 hour I got an answer that I should contact KLM service support for my problem. After 1 hour on phone I finally got in contact with KLM. They told that I should call another country KLM customer support.
RouteKiev to Nantes via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2020

"our first choice of airline"

Not Verified | My wife and I had plans to visit in March and April 2020. Do to Covid19, we rebooked our trip to August 17, 2020. Recently there was some mix up and our new reservation disappeared. We contacted Air France USA and they offered to reinstate the reservation or issue a voucher. Due to the uncertainty caused by Covid19, we decided to have the voucher issued. The person that assisted us was very helpful and made the experience easy. We are looking forward to visiting France in 2021 when things are more settled. We would like to thank Air France USA for the excellent service they provided. This experience and the service we received during our last flights on Air France, make Air France our first choice of airline.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2019

"well trained and friendly staff"

Not Verified | Vienna to Munich via Paris in March 2020. Exceptionally well trained and friendly staff, from the moment I arrived at the airport to the moment when I left my arriving airport. The food was outstanding for a short haul flight while my seat in the first row offered plenty of space. The only down side was that there was no jacket hanger (just put it on the middle seat), aside of that especially the quality of the food and the crew were outstanding. Also very flexible with additional/overweight baggage. Despite there being no monitors, the airline seems to offer an app for entertainment, which I did not make any use of.
RouteVienna to Munich via Paris