Air France

"Everything was very good"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Paris. Everything was very good. Very good cabin crew, on time and the 1-2-1 layout is good though it can feel a little cramped even compared to a 2-2-2 layout. The screen swings out and is ok in size but not big. It is also right in your face but at least I can reach it if I don't want to use the hand control. It would have been an easy engineering job to let the screen sing out then push it a bit further away again. The food was ok without being great and they have come to their senses and served the 2nd meal 1.5 hours before landing. Last time the 2nd meal came soon after the first with 4 or 5 hours of the flight left. I still hate the timings and having to wait at CDG for 3 or 4 hours for a 10pm 2nd short flight that is never on time. The movies was an ok selection. So much better than my KLM flight going out. 4.5* would be about right. I just wish I could trust the strikes by lots of different people to risk going out with them.
RouteBangkok to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2019

Air France customer review

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Venice to Paris. I've flown with Air France 6 times in my life and each time I regret it. Twice I had my luggage misplaced for days. Second to last flight I was separated from my family members due to the flight being overbooked (I checked in online a day prior). The staff’s statement was “Air France has the right to overbook a flight.” What does that even mean? That Air France has the right to be unorganised and ruin a customer’s schedule? The last flight I had a terrible encounter with 2 rude staff who insists that I have not paid for checked in luggage. They refused to even look at the receipts I shown them, stating “If we say you must pay then you must pay!”. Only after a lengthy argument she finally found that we indeed has paid! No apologies whatsoever.
RouteVenice to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never again be taking Air France"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Budapest via Paris. This is our most terrible travel experience. We traveled with Air France on 11/06/2019 from CDG to BUD flight AF1494. After boarding the flight the captain announces that there is a 55 mins delay. On arrival at BUD, our baby stroller was no where to be found and had to queue for lost and found, which means more delays getting to our taxi. We arrived at our airbnb late at night (9:30pm), hungry and tired. Then I noticed a big rip across the top of my suitcase. I've filed a complain with them, but because I couldn't apply for compensations towards my damaged suitcase within the 1 week time frame, nothing could be compensated. For the terrible service that we've experienced, never again will we be taking Air France.
RouteBirmingham to Budapest via Paris
Date FlownJune 2019

"a horrible airline to fly"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Paris. Air France is just a horrible airline to fly, especially compared to delta. They do not update their movies on their tiny screen they put in front of you it’s the same movie names repeated over and over to make it seem like there are choices. I found the food disgusting and they have no WiFi on the plane. I would not recommend flying Air France at all unfortunately due to work and my routes I’ve had to use them 4 times.
RouteAtlanta to Paris

"Very disappointed"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Paris. I booked my husband and I next to each other and we were moved apart. I now have a seat that cannot recline as there is an ablution behind. This is not vaguely the same as the flight I had previously to Spain in Air France and will consider before booking again. Very disappointed. The plane is not at all the same and seats are small. should have booked economy or flown with a different airline.
RouteJohannesburg to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2019

"They hid information from us"

Trip Verified | Our flight Paris -Shanghai (Thu 18/7/19) had to turn back to Paris after 1 hour on the air. The flight was never cancelled, they delayed it to the next day (Fri 19/7/19) at 4.30 pm. They provide accommodation for us Thursday Night. When we come back on Friday, they informed us about the connection changes. Paris- Shanghai (Air France) Shanghai -Shenzhen (Southern China) Shenzhen - Melbourne (Southern China). They give us a Boarding Card for the first two flights (not for the third and not an itinerary). When we finally landed in Shanghai, we just discovered that we had to pick up our luggage and check-in for the domestic flight to Shenzhen. To do so, we had to request a 24-hour Chinese visa to change terminals. Because we did not have an itinerary showing our flight leaving the country, we could not get the visa. We were in China, so any email or internet access was limited. We could not connect with Air France because their office was inside the terminal on the other side of the passport control line. Luckily, I managed to contact the plane cabin crew before they did the passport control. They contact Air France to ask for ground personnel to help us. 45 min later, a person came to organise our connection. By them, we have already missed the flight to Shenzhen. They had to book another flight for us and give the information to the passport control officer for our visas approval. After one hour we had the visa and booking with Qantas to fly to Sydney 6 hours later with a 1.5-hour connection to Melbourne. Our flight to Sydney was delayed, and we missed the connection to Melbourne witch we had to change. Overall we were booked to get into Melbourne Sat 9am, and we got here Sun 1pm (28 hours later). I will not travel by Air France ever again. The way they manage the situation was deplorable. They hid information from us and were never clear about our options.
RouteParis to Shanghai via Melbourne

"cabin crew were polite"

Trip Verified | Paris to London. Really enjoyed flying with Air France. The aircraft was clean and looking new. Boarding was very organised and all cabin crew were polite and professional. Sandwiches and beverages were offered during this 40 mins flight.
RouteParis to London
Date FlownApril 2019

"Everything is good"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Amman via Paris. The best airline I have ever flown. I have previously flown on Lufthansa but Air France is a way better airline and I recommend it to everyone. Everything is good, no problems and satisfying. I have read too many reviews for baggage lost but this is common when you only have a 40-minute layover. Thank you Air France!
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A320
RouteLos Angeles to Amman via Paris
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Crew were nice and friendly"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Stockholm via Paris. DXB-CDG on Boeing 777 then onward to Stockholm on A320 and return CDG-DXB. Crew on all flights were nice and friendly cabin is clean and seats are surprisingly spacious and comfortable. The entertainment system is good and easy with some Arabic programs as well. Food and drinks are very limited I must say for a 7 hrs flight but it’s ok I don’t like much the airlines food. All in all is a nice experience however Paris CDG is a nightmare in connection. The CDG-ARN was on a regional smaller aircraft A320 which was ok also served coffee and tea and a small snack was fine for the 2 hrs flight.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A320
RouteDubai to Stockholm via Paris
Date FlownJune 2019

"lost track of my luggage"

Not Verified | Paris to Florence. Air France lost track of my luggage during a connecting flight. When my bag was found, I was told it would be delivered to me later that day. When it wasn't delivered, I was "guaranteed" it would arrive the next morning. It has now been 2 whole days and I still do not have my luggage, nor have I received any help in getting ahold of it. I have called the airline 4 times and have been told repeatedly that there is nothing they can do, and that I can't speak to a supervisor. They can't contact the courier service that is supposed to deliver my bag to me, and they can't give me a number or address for said courier service. They also can't put me in contact with someone at the airport in Florence who speaks english that might be able to help me. I have cancelled various tours and events to make sure that I am close to my Airbnb when I get a call about my delivered bag -- all a complete waste. I am in the dark on when I'll have access to my own toiletries, clothes, and technologies and Air France refuses to help me. If you want to guarantee your checked luggage will arrive at your destination, DO NOT fly Air France.
RouteParis to Florence