Air France

"cabin crew is friendly"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Mexico City via Paris cdg. I was surprised at how comfortable the business class seats are. They are not fully flat, but I slept really well (also compared to other flights I've had). The cabin crew is friendly, the pursuer came to me personally and the service is professional. Down side is that window seats don't have direct Isle access, but there is plenty of space to pass the neighbour.
RouteZurich to Mexico City via Paris cdg

"Good service on board"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Dublin. Good service on board as usual. Stewardess was very obliging when there was no other choice for the business class main meal. Impeccable as expected with Air France. Check in and security a breeze in CDG with Sky priority. Lounge had a good variety to eat for breakfast. Flight arrived on time and well informed of the journey by the captain. However the bagage on arrival seems to always be a long wait at Dublin Airport. There were 4 passengers in business class and when the bags finally came out mine was 37th to come out.
RouteParis CDG to Dublin

"lack of customer care"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Paris CDG. After being a loyal AF customer for all flights to Europe, this trip is the last straw. I keep hoping they will turn things around but things are only going downhill. First, my biggest complaint has always been cleanliness. Most of the times, I fly business and even in business the seat areas are filthy. I always bring wipes to do it myself. No matter how many times I've left this feedback, nothing changes. On an international flight, cleaning down the seating areas is not too much to ask. Besides this, I got to experience premium economy recently due to no availability in business at all. It was underwhelming to say the least. Seats were uncomfortable, service was minimal, and in general nothing validated the up charge from economy. The biggest reason I will no longer fly AF is the lack of customer care from phone support to airport I experienced recently. What is going on with them recently? Anytime you need phone support the answer ranges from "nothing we can do" to "you'll have to ask at the airport." At the airport, at CDG, presumably their home base where services should be stellar, lines of 20+ were building up due to lack of personnel at all check-in points. Literally 1, maybe 2 in some lines, check in agent for all lines regardless of status or priority. What's more? They have people waiting with absolutely no distinction between checking in for foreigners vs EU residents and yet we get to the front after 30+ minutes in line and tell us we need to be in another line. Which looks like it's going to be at least 1 hour with one agent at the desk with 20+ people in line and building! Ask for help. They just ignore you by saying not their problem with a shrug of their shoulder. Seriously AF and it's workers with their haughty attitudes needs to realize with no customers, there's no airline, and subsequently no jobs. Whatever the internal issues and gripes are between the company and it's workers, paying customers should not have to feel like beggars asking for service that we paid for.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLos Angeles to Paris CDG
Date FlownOctober 2018

"polite, friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Paris. I have a rather good time flying Air France. The food is above average in coach and FAs are almost always polite, friendly and helpful. The seats are nicely designed and allow for decent leg space and the cup holder is a really nice addition. Lots of people dislike Air France because of their CDG hub but I’ve never had a particular problem there and find it more organized than most US airports I’ve been to. If you get to choose, do avoid the A380 though, as the coach cabin hasn’t been refurbished on those yet.
RouteSan Francisco to Paris

"Another good flight"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Paris CDG. Another good flight with Air France. Cabin crew friendly, efficient and excellent. Served a lovely prawn and hummus dish, fruits, a small cupcake and a delicious chocolate. All well presented. The collation was enough and not too high in calories. The lounge in Dublin had a reasonably good choice of food this time and was far better than my previous visits there. A bit of a wait for my luggage ( it took about 30 minutes) but immigration check in Paris was really quick. The only thing that I find really annoying is how some of the staff at check in at Dublin Airport can act. Ok I don't wear designer clothes and I don't look rich but please don't assume that I don't know which queue I should use so don't ask " are you travelling business class ?" before looking at my boarding pass first.
RouteDublin to Paris CDG
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Economy class No Baggage ticket"

Trip Verified | Paris to Amsterdam with an Economy class No Baggage ticket. I had a small luggage and a laptop bag with me and 15 minutes before the closing of gates of my flight Air France said they would not take them in cabin! Air France charges 50 Euros for a single checked-in baggage.
RouteParis to Amesterdam

"ruined our trip"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | Tehran to Toronto via Paris. I have never seen such a poor service. My flight was on 14 August with my family and my little daughter to Toronto and unfortunately Air France lost the stroller of my kid and for more than 10 days we had no call from them and finally they delivered a broken stroller with no wheels to us! So they asked us to fill in baggage claim form to make it up to us and imagine all this is happening to us during a 20 days trip with my kid with no stroller and you can not believe how much it was hard and we couldn't go out for walking or visiting any place cause my daughter had no stroller to sit on! We attended two more times to airport till our return flight to home on 07.09 but nothing happened and no body gave any attention. I waited for another week to see if anyone cares about our loss and what they did to us but surprisingly no body did. You ruined our trip and you made a very bad memory in our mind.
RouteTehran to Toronto via Paris
Date FlownAugust 2018

"customer service sucks"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Paris. I always thought that Air France is a good airline. I used them several times and I want people to know that crew on board the plane is fantastic no problems there whatsoever. However it really sucks when you call customer service to find out if they found the missing luggage and the person behind the phone treats you like your just an amount of dollar not a human being without your clothes and medication. I've never being humiliated in that way in my life.
RouteAtlanta to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"no help behind the counter"

Trip Verified | Paris to Rome. After charging us the ridiculous baggage fees we were required to manual scan and load them onto their conveyor belt. Nothing worked. There was virtually no help behind the counter and three persons who tried to help all failed and kept referring us to others. One actually ran away and would not make eye contact. Give yourself an extra hour if you are checking baggage at CDG
RouteParis to Rome
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a roller coaster of emotions"

Not Verified | Stockholm to Marseille. My flight was cancelled. Air France was helpful with the situation but I received numerous confusing delayed emails within a 12 hour span. "One of 2 connecting flights was cancelled we will get you a new one. Got you a new one in a different city. Oh by the way the second flight of the initial flight was cancelled. Then you have a new flight to another new city." I was so confused and the only way to contact them in the middle of the night without international charges on my phone was through a messenger app which can take hours for them to respond. After they did respond I was sent the initial flight information which had been cancelled. Why do I need this? I received numerous emails of cancelled flight I didnt need confusing me. Was the flight back on? I also never received a cancellation email for the second cancelled flight. All of a sudden I have 2 flights? Air France did respond and give me the most updated flight info bit what a roller coaster of emotions. Especially flying alone and on a time schedule with connecting flights.
RouteStockholm to Marseille