Air France

" cannot be considered as carry on"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Check in counter employee was rude, did not know the required documents and took advantage of me being in a hurry to catch the flight after wasting my time to check eligibility. First of all she insisted that I was not eligible to fly. She went to review with her superior and waste a lot of time until they finally approved that I was eligible to go on this flight. When she finally asked about my luggage, I had two small bags where she claimed that one of them cannot be considered as carry on after I gave her the first bag. I asked her to substitute between the bag I sent and the other bag she told me she cannot withdraw the first bag it has already gone to the plane. So she demanded 75 euros to be paid using a credit card. The problem was that I wasn't carrying a credit card and the clock was ticking so I was embarrassed in front of all travelers begging them to take my cash and pay on my behalf. The situation was awfully embarrassing.
RouteBarcelona to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I still have to see my money back"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | They have positively reviewed my claim for ticket refund 3 months ago, but I still have to see my money back! I am inside of EU, so theoretically they have 7 days to make the refund. There is no way to contact them other than by phone (there are no online forms for this case) but the representatives have misinformed me several times without me having any proof of it, so I strongly advise to not use this point of contact.
RouteFortaleza to Warsaw via Paris
Date FlownApril 2021

"business class tagged bag was last to arrive"

Trip Verified | Short crowded turbulent flight. Excellent attendant, typical European business class seating. Minimal “snack”, Captain was reassuring and vocal. My business class tagged bag was last to arrive.
RouteParis to Milan

"Efficient friendly service"

Trip Verified | The best flight since Covid on any carrier. Efficient friendly service, delicious food and drinks served in glassware and cutlery. Proving current cuts in service on other carriers is not as claimed, Covid related. Good seat, good entertainment, great experience. A few points of for not checking belts and upright seats for landing but other than that great!
RouteBoston to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2021

"we will never again fly AF"

Trip Verified | Customer Service was extremely poor at CDG Airport. No agents available to answer questions or assist withe kiosks etc. No separate check in for business class and most checkin done by passengers after they figured out how to print bag tags and load bags on belt. The service in business was unbelievable. We were on board 1.5 hours with a posted ATC delay and waiting for late passengers. No preflight service offered. After departure, only given drinks during lunch service. I had to go to attendants station to request a wine refill, but it never showed for my wife or self. Finally, after ringing on service button, mine showed, but not wife's. For two meals, I was served two pasta dishes. I've had better service in Coach. Bottom line, we will never again fly AF.
RouteParis to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"provided a 10 minute window for boarding"

Trip Verified | My biggest complaint is that they only provided a 10 minute window for boarding. There was a last minute gate change. I’m sure that they announced the gate change because there were announcements in both German and French. I missed out on the information about the last minute gate change. When I noticed that the next flight was going to Morocco, I knew something was wrong so I looked at the departures and rushed to the correct gate. When I got there, the doors were already closed. They rebooked me into a middle seat in regular economy. My original booking was premium economy. They claimed that there were no seats available in premium economy but I saw that there were. I had to pay for my own hotel room because the next flight available was for the next day. I complained to the airline and they basically said how unfortunate it must be to be me. They won’t do anything.
RouteVienna to Paris CDG
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I really recommend Air France"

Trip Verified | I really appreciated the Air France. They were punctual, the flight attendants were amazing, polite & humble. Respond when needed. The food was good & the announcement was clear. When I was using online check in to get boarding pass, it was really perfect & I could easily use the check in & the boarding pass process with my cellphone, so there was no need of looking or searching for a laptop in the hotel where I stayed. I really recommend Air France for travel.
RouteWashington to Paris CDG
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"zero service in Business Class"

Trip Verified | Air France is providing zero service in Business Class on flights between the UK and France. I flew Manchester to Paris and was offered nothing. Not even water. The crew disappeared to the back of the aircraft and closed the curtain for the entire flight. When I asked the Purser working the flight why there was no inflight service he advised AF had taken the decision to scrap all service throughout the aircraft on UK-France flights 'due to COVID'. What a joke.
AircraftE190
RouteManchester to Paris CDG
Date FlownAugust 2021

"really down to a fabulous crew"

Not Verified | Great all round experience once in the air. On the ground is a different story! The good experience was really down to a fabulous crew. Very professional and charming. The food & beverages was really good. It seems like out of CDG the on board experience has really picked up since I last flew AF out of CDG just prior to covid. Great selections and quality along with awesome presentation. The 787 is really great for long haul. Good seats, good entertainment, quiet cabin and good amenities. Arrived in DTW approx 45 mins ahead of schedule. The bad part is the ground service. I'm sure the rush to travel now restrictions are being eased does not help, but at both LIS and CDG the boarding process is pandemonium. No-one seems to understand zoned boarding, so you literally have to fight your way through throngs of people to board at your allotted time. The paperwork for Covid related info at CDG was never addressed over the PA, but there was a table (without pens) and some papers that should be filled out, but no-one working the gate said anything until you were scanning your BP with the gate agent, so many people would then retreat back to the table and back through the line of passengers waiting to board. To cap all this, a PAX traveling with her 7 YO son was denied boarding and caused a major commotion for about 20 mins as she had been misinformed about her sons test. OK maybe this isn't on Air France, but from what she screamed to the security agents would suggest she had been given the wrong info by Air France the previous day when she was denied boarding because she didn't have the correct test to travel to USA. After getting the required test she arrived at the gate of my flight only to be denied because her son had not been tested. I know this is 100% on the passenger, but she had been misinformed about this requirement by AF the previous day in regards to her son, so certainly have some sympathy for her. Overall it added enormously to the chaos and CDG is not best equipped to have an entire widebody's load of PAX jostling and not observing any kind of distancing. Apart from the poor ground service the only negative thing while in the air was the terrible wifi. Such slow speeds even emailing was futile and considering I paid to be connected the entire flight, I couldn't really work on anything.
RouteLisbon to Paris CDG via Detroit
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Service on board was efficient"

Trip Verified | Check in and security at AMS were a great example of kindness from all KLM employees. They deserve respect. Boarding by stairs. Hand luggage could not be carried with us. CRJ is a rather uncomfortable aircraft (compared with Embraer's) and a 90 mn flight was not nice for my legs. Service on board was efficient.
AircraftCRJ1000