Air France

"food quality was terrible for me"

Not Verified | Mexico City to Paris. Rude staff and the food quality was terrible for me. Flight without wifi despite advertising that this service was provided. It was extremely cold and no alcohol apart from wine and beer. Departure from Paris with 90 minutes delay and I had to travel away from my partner due to their rules to make people pay even more. At the return, I forgot my phone in the toilet of the airport of Cancun and realised that I missed it when I was already in the aircraft but still on the ground waiting for the departure. I asked the staff to let me go quickly and come back as people was still boarding the plane and they said no and added that as it was Mexico, I could forget my phone and declare my loss when I will arrive in Paris. As it turned out my phone was found and returned to my home address.
RouteMexico City to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

"miss my connection flight"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | New York to Belgrade via Paris. My flight from JFK was 95 mins late and I miss my connection flight. Then I don't have direct connection flight and I end up arriving in Belgrade 10 h late. Not to mention lost luggage, poor service both on the airplane and at the airport, small non-working screens on a flight. I will never use Air France ever!
RouteNew York to Belgrade via Paris

"not refunded my money"

Trip Verified |  Paris to Nice. On my way to Nice I paid for a luggage 80€ and in Nice I didn’t receive this luggage. At the airport the air France staff in the office informed me that I’m entitled for refund. So I make a claim and never received this money. On the time of the claim i did not receive one phone call or email. I had to call and send email always. On top of all this I was not refunded my money back.
RouteParis to Nice
Date FlownAugust 2019

"My issue is with the baggage policy"

Not Verified | First, the flight, food and service were great. My issue is with the baggage policy. We flew business class from Atlanta to CDG, then had an internal France flight to Marseille. We returned on a flight from Lyon to CDG, then business class from CDG to Atlanta. Business class was not offered on the internal France flights. Business class is allowed 2 checked bags. This wasn't a problem on the outbound trip. On our return we had to pay excess baggage fees because the first leg of our flight was economy and we were only allowed 1 bag each. Multiple calls to AF customer service indicates this is their policy. The originating leg dictates the baggage allowance. So be aware even if you fly business class if one of your legs doesn't offer that level, you don't get the full benefits of business class.
RouteAtlanta to Paris via Marseille
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Connection in Paris horrendous"

(China)

Trip Verified | Rome to Paris. It was my first time flying with Air France and the first impression I got after being boarded was the yellowed up plastic around the old screen panel on the back of the seats. The in-flight entertainment on the A380 was disastrous. To give the impression that they have more movies to offer, a movie with 4 languages would be displayed as 4 movies; touch screen was extremely non-touch-sensitive; screen pivot was broken. The saving grace was that I managed to get some sleep in the air. Air France booked a 75 min transfer for us, and thanks to landing 20 minutes early, we managed to board on time for our connecting to Rome. On our trip back at Rome, ground staff assistance was non-existent, the pre-checked-in queue for bag drop was slower than the normal check-in+bag-drop queue. A queue of 4 parties spent almost an hour moving down the line, I was only moved to the front during last call for check-in...I arrived 2 hours before scheduled departure. Connection in Paris CDG was horrendous, the moment we landed, we had to rush out of the plane, rush to a shuttle to take us to the transit area. It was the longest queue I have seen at an airport passport control. We snuck into a priority queue and went to the front. Alas, after clearance, we had to wait for a shuttle to get to another terminal. At this point, we were almost sure we would miss the flight. Disembarking the shuttle bus, we rushed to the terminal lobby and luckily managed to find our way to our boarding gate at last call. We were so glad Air France booked us on China Eastern.
RouteRome to Paris

"shown no understanding"

Trip Verified | There was a delay from Florence to Paris so we were denied boarding on our connection flight though we arrived at the time of the last call. It took a 2 hrs to find our luggage. We were given very poor accommodation for a family outside CDG airport. We were booked on next day flight with the British Airways. They charged us for the luggage which was already paid for with Air France, because they failed to pass the details to the BA. After almost a month of correspondence and emails AF had decided to pay us only £27.40 rather the 75 Euros charged for our luggage. AF has shown no understanding and they evaded all the issues raised in a complaint against them.
RouteFlorence to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Overall impression: sloppy product"

Trip Verified | Flight from Paris CDG to New York JFK on A380 behemoth airplane. Boarding to the upper deck is smooth for business class. The first impression is tainted by dirty seat (s. photo) with stains and crumbs on it. The seat is not a full-flat with limited recline and quite cramped. Service during the flight was not impressive with FA seemed to be overwhelmed. I was not able to assess IFE since remote control was broken and to press the touch screen all the time was annoying. Food tasted amazingly bland: appetizers including bread seemed to be served directly from the fridge with poor presentation (s. photo). The main course (I had zucchini canneloni) was OK. Fresh fruits for dessert were mashy. Enigmatic was the deck in front of the cabin (s. photo) - the bench imitation was of no use since you slide down when trying to sit on it. Another surprise - the lack of wi-fi which nowadays is provided on most even smaller planes. Overall impression: sloppy product, not something one would expect from Air France.
RouteParis CDG to New York JFK
Date FlownOctober 2019

"in-flight experience was pleasant"

Trip Verified | New York to Paris. This was one of the many Air France-operated flights that are booked and managed through Delta, and this made the few gate changes and delays we experienced on both legs of the trip more complicated. However, the in-flight experience was pleasant and the aircraft was nice. I prefer Airbuses whenever I can fly them, and Air France does a good job of keeping seat pitch in theirs roomy for economy passengers. At the advice of some other reviewers, we paid the small and reasonable fee each way to "upgrade" to the upper deck of the cabin, which is a much more intimate space with a better attendant-to-passenger ratio. The pitch was also about 3' more generous, and the upstairs was a more quiet, warm space than any I've flown internationally. Meals came noticeably quicker in the upper deck, even considering that we were some of the last people upstairs to be served, and I did not run into a waiting line for the restroom once on either leg of the trip. I did not book in time to get an upper deck window seat, but I'd heard about the added bonus of a storage container that these passengers got included in the same ticket price I paid. I was in the middle but had a woman to my left without someone next to her, and I saw her window seat storage bin first-hand. It was big and literally fit all of her odds-and-ends. It was awesome and another reason to book this seat if you can. Well worth the money. Crew was friendly, food was okay but warm and well-portioned, and the in-flight entertainment was good. The only real negatives were the complications of booking Air France through Delta, which I feel created more delays and gate changes than would have occurred if I'd booked direct. Further, I feel this made my options for upgrades more limited.
AircraftA380-800
RouteNew York to Paris
Date FlownJune 2019

"Fantastic job all the way"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | My original Air France flight was Brussels to Lyon. After it was cancelled Air France reacted very rapidly to offer me alternatives. After 30 minutes everything was set. Very friendly and professional customer service. Flight Paris to Lyon was perfect. Very friendly crew. Departed on time and arrived earlier. Fantastic job all the way.
RouteParis CDG to Lyon

"Very enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | I flew from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Panama City on economy with Air France. Very enjoyable flight. The aircraft was new, comfortable seat with a quiet large entertainment screen with many movies and music albums. The food was good and the flight attendants were polite and professional.
RouteParis CDG to Panamá City