Air Europa

"lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | After being used to the overall good service and friendly attitude of the flight crew of Air Europa, it was very disappointing to see the decay in both. During the eight hours flight that departed Miami at 11:30pm, we were served only one meal, it was poor quality and only one choice, no drinks except water was offered during dinner. Snacks and breakfast were excluded “to prevent interaction between crew members and passengers due to COVID’. However, the “interaction” seemed unimportant for selling the same items such as sodas, sandwiches and wine during the flight. If costs need to be cut, be upfront with customer and do not insult customers intelligence by offering lame excuses. I understand new regulations must be enforced but flight attendant’s rudeness and lack of professionalism were highly unsuitable.
RouteMiami to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Nobody can tell me where the luggage is"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Horrible lack of service. Flew with my special luggage, upon arrival my surf gear did not arrive. Upon requesting where my luggage was, the employee said it was not possible to contact anyone at the same company as this is not how they work. Nor could they verify where my luggage was. After filling in some paperwork they assured me all would be arranged and they would start looking for my luggage. I’ve been trying to contact Air Europa all weekend. Nobody can tell me where the luggage is, nor verify it’s even in their possession. 48 hours have passed and I still don’t know if i will get my stuff back.
RouteMadrid to Tenerife
Date FlownMay 2021

"The Ryanair of long haul"

Not Verified | The Ryanair of long haul. That is to say, bad service, penny pinching and unpleasant flight attendants. I wasn't expecting much, but the meal was even worse than my low expectations. No choice of food so tough luck if you don't like meat and pasta. To drink, a choice of water or water. That was it. No breakfast, though you could pay 3 euros for coffee, not fresh of course. During the night, no water brought round and difficult to find. No attendants were to be found. I asked for a bottle of water before dinner. 3 euros to use earplugs to watch a film! More expensive than a lot of other proper airlines. The only positive - they left and arrived almost on time - I think both about 10 mins late so nothing major. All in all, a really unpleasant experience. I will not be using this company again.
RouteMadrid to Asuncion
Date FlownMay 2021

"just a 33cl water bottle"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | An 11 hour flight with just a 33cl water bottle, just pasta a la bolognese. Worse long flight ever for some that doesn’t eat meat and is used to drink at least 2l of water per day.
RouteLisbon to Cancun via Madrid
Date FlownApril 2021

"Still waiting for a refund"

Trip Verified | Still waiting for a refund for cancelled flights over a year later. Customer service is appalling. Understandable at the beginning of the pandemic that they would be busy, so had call waiting times of over an hour just to speak to customer services. Flight was booked in Feb 2020, and cancelled shortly after that. No confirmation of the cancellation till much later. Eventually reached someone to say that a refund was being processed in Sep 2020. Six months later after numerous follow up chasers to be told that refund is still in process - one year one month later and counting. Do not give them your money!
RouteLondon to Havana via Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Absolutely disgraceful behaviour"

Trip Verified | The pandemic is nearing it's end, and this companies website will not load its change reservation/booking page and their telephone system works periodically. On top of that they tried to charge me nearly £350 to change a flight. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. I found the flight for the same money elsewhere as what they wanted to change the flight. A flight they charged me £500 for originally. Never again. Burnt, but learnt.
RouteLondon to Barcelona via Bogota
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I still haven't seen my refund"

Not Verified | My flight got cancelled due to Covid-19 and dealing with this company has been absolutely shocking and almost non existent. It has been almost a year now and I still haven't seen my refund. Avoid at all costs.
RouteLondon to Colombia via Madrid
Date FlownApril 2020

"confirm that my dispute was denied"

Trip Verified | Our flight was cancelled in March 2020 due to the Corona outbreak. At the time, Air Europa had no technical infrastructure for handling refunds. There was no option to request a refund online. I called customer service and was told I could only have a voucher. I asked for a manager and noted that this is against the law in the EU. She said yes yes, you can get a refund, but the only way is to send an email to this address with your ticket information. I sent the email in March 2020, but received no confirmation or receipt acknowledgement. Since I received no refund confirmation, I believed no one would ever read my email. I initiated a dispute with my credit card in May 2020. Chase refunded me temporarily while they investigated. After a month, Chase denied my request and rebilled me in July 2020. They said it is not their job to enforce EU law, and the voucher offer was good enough. To get a cash refund, I had to get it directly from the airline. I reapplied for a refund with Air Europa in August 2020. Ever since then, they deny my requests because they say that their records show my dispute was successful and I need to get the money from my credit card. I have submitted to them the Chase denial letter, my credit card statements showing the rebill, and the date that my bank says they transferred the money to Air Europa. The denial letter from Chase very plainly states I was not successful. The customer service individuals refuse to properly communicate with accounting to find the money and confirm that my dispute was denied. They also lose my case information constantly, and I have to explain everything every time in an effort to get them to find records of when payments moved between Chase and Air Europa. I have two consumer complaints I am waiting for someone to help with. I am beyond upset as the tickets for my family were $2,500. This is the first time I've ever reviewed a company, because I'm not that passionate about the quality of services. I've likely wasted 30+ hours in the past year on the phone with them trying to get to the bottom of this.
RouteMunich to Gran Canaria
Date FlownApril 2020

"The worst airline we've ever taken"

Trip Verified | The worst airline we've ever taken. Being experienced travelers, Air Europa is in our opinion the worst airline we've ever taken in our lives. They cancelled our outbound flight Lima - Madrid without any notice - not for covid reasons, the customer service is unreachable and even at their office they refused to help us and to propose us comparative flight alternatives, besides the fact that my wife is pregnant (for that reason we bought business tickets) and needed to quickly reach home. They limited themselves to offer us an alternative flight 12 days after our cancelled flight.
RouteLima to Zurich via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Decent flight crew service"

Trip Verified | First timer here with this airline. Quite inline to my expectations, meaning: they are part of an air alliance, so they should be holding to a minimum service standard. Overall, it was ok. The best aspects of my flights experience: - Part of Skyteam, so my luggage transfer from KLM was easy and seamless - We flew with the Boeing 787, so it was nice and new - Decent flight crew service. The areas where AE can improve: Their company site can be more user friendly as I had a bit of trouble trying to manage my booking prior to my departure - Seat selection is also not complimentary for everyone during web check in - Inflight entertainment has limited new movies Not bad overall, but I just wish they can offer free seats 48 hr before departure.
RouteMadrid to Santa Cruz