Air Europa

"the worst experience"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Medellin to Madrid. This was the worst experience. First of all, we could not do the check in online, because the system kept crashing (we tried all devices). Since we could not do this online check in, we could not pick the seats. It was a problem, because we were travelling with the baby, and we wanted to be pick a seat with a crib for him. On board, the screens were not working for the whole row, 1/3 of the passengers. The lack of entertainment was a little problem, compared to the fact that without that screen we could not call the assistance when we needed (to fill baby’s bottle with water, for example). We had to physically walk around the plane looking for the staff (imagine doing that with a baby). When the screens broke, people could not turn off their reading lamps, having to sleep with the light in their faces. The chairs were the most uncomfortable. We took this airline because it was new, and we wanted to try this one. Never again.
RouteMedellin to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Please improve your food service"

Not Verified | Madrid to Medellin. The airplane and stuff were surprisingly positive. What is an absolute no-go is the food! Comprehensively untasty, bad vegetarian option, fruits taste like vinegar. Please improve your food service, especially on long distance flights
RouteMadrid to Medellin
Date FlownJuly 2019

"our bags didn’t make it"

Not Verified | I understand budget airlines but you really get what you pay for. I flew an internal flight from Rome to Porto via Madrid to start my 5 week trip. It was cramped, no service but that’s what you pay for and usually fine for a short flight. One of The ACs above my partner didn’t work which was a struggle in the mids of the European summer. But when it came to getting off the plane. Everyone started getting their cabin baggage off and were waiting as usual. An arm rest actually broke off with just the weight of a cabin bag on it. And then when we realised our bags didn’t make it - to get shunned to person to another, with no one wanting to take responsibility for it, it’s been a frustrating week. We lodged the PIR form straight away. We were hopeful that the bags would arrive within the 24hours like normal. But no luck. The number they provided for us to contact didn’t work, we had to find the number from online. There was a lot of broken English on the other side with call service staff not being able to provide any info apart from “we will write a note and follow it up” 2 days later they found our bags. 3 days later we get one of the two bags. Half a week later we’re still waiting for find where the other bag is - apparently it’s still sitting in one of the airports but they cannot tell us which one or when we will get it. As we were moving around every few days, there was at least one call on our side everyday to check up but no communication on their side. There appears to be a lot of “let me put a note on the file” but no reading of “notes” from each staff. We are leaving Lisbon tomorrow morning and we were actually told “maybe best option is to leave your bag in Lisbon airport for a few days and you can pick it up when you past through to leave Portugal”. Sure with the 100 euro max compensation Air Europa claims they will give: guess I’ll have to buy myself everything from scratch and see my bag at the end of my league here. I wish I read all these reviews before travelling with this airline as it appears people have had similar Experiences. My friends and I are frequent travellers who have had bags delayed or lost a fair few times in all Our flights. But with the lack of caring or help from the customer service team- I would definitely avoid flying with them again.
RouteRome to Porto via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2019

"smells the whole flight"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Madrid. I paid the XL seat and people were constantly passing by my feet to go to the bathroom, it smells the whole flight because of being near the Bathroom. Delay of course, ground service was poor.
RouteAmsterdam to Madrid
Date FlownJune 2019

"This airline is cheap for a reason"

Trip Verified | Flew London to Madrid via Santa Cruz Bolivia with Air Europa. You have been warned. This airline is cheap for a reason. 11 and a half hour flight with broken seats that didn't recline, no working TV's and rude cabin staff. We did insist that we move from the broken seats/no working tv's but were simply moved to other broken seats with no working TV's by the cabin staff who seemed to enjoy being rude and unhelpful.
AircraftA300-302
RouteLondon to Madrid via Santa Cruz Bolivia
Date FlownJune 2019

"Never again Air Europa"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | During our trip from Madrid to Miami, Air Europa lost one of our suitcases. I filled a PIR report in Miami immediatetely after landing, and also called Air Europa every day during the vacation, to ask for the suitcase. It was not found. After vacation was finished, I immediately sent a formal claim by post to them, but they refuse tok take any responsibility. They are not able to tell me where the suitcase is, and they are not willling to pay any compensation for the lost luggage. Very irresponsible. Never again Air Europa.
RouteMadrid to Miami
Date FlownMarch 2019

"delays followed by cancellation"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Paris. Worst experience with delays followed by cancellation with no announcement, no hotel booking. Flight itself is very bad, seats unconfortable, staff unfriendly. They do not even offer free water or coffee. Never again
RouteMadrid to Paris
Date FlownMay 2019

"no tv screens, nothing"

Trip Verified | Havana to Madrid. On the 9 hour flight nothing to do, no tv screens, nothing. No phone charger. Plane was very dirty with front seat pocket hanging off. Staff not very friendly.
RouteHavana to Madrid
Date FlownMay 2019

"first meal with no option"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Lima to Madrid. The boarding went well and fast and nobody though about any delay, but once on board the plane we waited without any communication by the crew for 1 hour. The crew was stressed and nervous, after 1 hour from departure they served the first meal, with no option, only chicken curry with rice. After the first meal the crew disappeared, they didn't offer water or fresh/hot wipes. The multimedia was good, many films and good entertainment but you have to purchase the headphones on board for 3€ (with low quality sound).
RouteLima to Madrid
Date FlownApril 2019

"everything was very smooth"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria. From the check in up to the baggage conciliation everything was very smooth. Flight was almost empty. All ground staff and cabin crew were very nice and polite. Aircraft clean. The only downside is the only flight carrier that charges for snacks and drinks on flights between the islands.
AircraftATR-72