Air Europa

"Flight was professionally operated"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Flight was professionally operated, it was an economy class European flight, nothing special, but plane was new, well presented and staff friendly. Pay only refreshments which is more and more frequent but still disappointing. All in all decent flight, recommend Air Europa for short hops.
RouteMalaga to Paris CDG
Date FlownOctober 2020

"did not allow me to check in"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | On August 20th, 2020, Air Europa did not allow me to check in Madrid-Athens because my analysis said "PCR negativo" instead of "PCR negative". I insisted that the supervisor ask her colleague in Athens if the Greek police would admit such obviousness (the result can only say "positivo" or "negativo" so there is no doubt of interpretation), but she refused. Air Europa has management problems and, according to the press, is in technical bankruptcy.
RouteMadrid to Atenas
Date FlownAugust 2020

"I had to take an United Airlines flight"

Trip Verified | Horrible service. Paying 100 dollar extra for taking my own luggage. Only one miserable meal on an 11 hour trip. They cancelled my trip only 48 hours before take off because of Covid19, when the lockdown had started long before that. Alternatives were 10 times as expensive, so I had to take an United Airlines flight, with wonderful service btw. Still waiting for my money back after 5 months. Never ever in my life will I even consider flying with these crooks.
RouteAmsterdam to Bogotá via Madrid

"horrible experience"

(Paraguay)

Trip Verified | Horrible organization. 0 control of people and 0 monitoring of biosecurity measures and protocols. The fleet is handing out alcohol-free cleaning wipes that aren't even antibacterial. The plane looks like a jungle, passengers are moving everywhere and are talking in the aisle, being that it was clearly said at the beginning of the flight that crowds are not allowed in the aisles. People wear the masks without covering their nose, the fleet never distributed any alcohol in gel for sanitizing hands nor masks every 4 hours as it widely known and must be 100% know to airlines. There is no knowledge or transparency as to cleanliness, the Boarding was horrible, all the people piled up and the fleet of the plane controlled nothing. There are like 15 Air Europa workers on board (perhaps more) and none of them are doing anything. I paid to reserve my seat two days before my flight and upon arrival, I was printed the Boarding pass with the seat I booked. When I went to my seat there was a person with the same seat as me, no one in the fleet knew anything and they sent me to sit somewhere else, without giving me a solution. If you have claustrophobia or any reason for not being in a specific seat, never fly with this airline. The food felt like it was made for animals. The drink selection was horrible. Overall horrible experience, people being noisy, breaking every possible rule of biosecurity and the crew was doing nothing all day. I was forced to travel with this airline, but if I can choose again, I will never come with them again. It can be seen they have horrible communication and the crew onboard was useless.
RouteMadrid to Asuncion
Date FlownAugust 2020

"lacked some documents to enter the USA"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Amsterdam to Miami. They denied me boarding in Amsterdam because I lacked some documents to enter the USA because of Covid-19. They said I can re-schedule my flights for a later date through Aviapartner desk at the airport. After 1 hour of searching everywhere with little help . I finally found it. Aviapartner was useless and could do nothing for me. If you don’t let a client enter a flight the minimum you can do is give a voucher or re-schedule. I’m disgusted by their poor service. I will never use them again.
RouteAmsterdam to Miami via Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2020

"tried all ways of getting a refund"

Trip Verified | Still waiting for cancellation refund. An atrocious company. On a trip to Cuba, I paid for extra baggage, which showed up on my ticket, but on check-in was told that it had not been paid for. After argument was allowed to board, but lied to by check-in staff and cabin crew about there being a desk in transit at Madrid where I could sort it out for return trip. Spent approx. 90 minutes on phone trying to get someone to sort it out, to no avail. Due to coronavirus, they cancelled return flight 3 days before its date, but didnt make any effort to contact me to inform me. I had been monitoring their website which is labyrinthine, and was totally without information. I only found out about cancellation when my son rang me from England, and he managed to book us on a flight with another airline at a cost of £3000. I have tried all ways of getting a refund, quoting EU regulations etc. After 4 months I have heard nothing since their original offer of vouchers.
RouteLondon to Havana via Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They only offered a voucher"

Trip Verified | My Flights on June 9 was cancelled due to COVID 19, I contacted the company many times to get my money back but the company is not helping at all. They only offered a voucher, I don’t want a voucher a want my money back. Flights was cancelled due to The pandemic No for personal reasons. When I called the company only give me the option for the voucher or Send me to just fly to claim the credit. I been bouncing between both companies with not help and results. I know but the law that I am entitled to get my money back since the pandemic. Customer service need more training and be more helpful at this point I’m still waiting for the company response on this issue but I didn’t heard anything yet. I will never buy again a flight on air Europa or inJust fly is the worst experience!
RouteMiami to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2020

"liked the quality of the seat"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | São Paulo to Lisboa via Madrid. I liked the quality of the seat. Very good, very polite stewards. The food was not good on the way back but on the way it was good. Yes the very attentive ground staff (check-in). I recommend | Gostei muito qualidade do assento ótima comissários muito educados a comida nao era boa na volta porem na ida era boa sim os funcionários de solo (check-in) muito atensiosos recomendo
RouteSão Paulo to Lisboa via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"tries to deny their rights"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | São Paulo to Porto via Madrid. The flight UX58, from São Paulo to Madrid had a delay of 1 hour 54 minutes due to a technical problem. We had to stay inside the airplane, waiting for it to be fixed. Because of this delay, I lost my flight UX1147 from Madrid to Porto. After losing this fight I had to wait more than one hour in the line to change my ticket and got a ticket for the flight UX1145. After waiting for 1 hour after the departure time of UX1145, we were informed that the flight had to be canceled. The mentioned reason for that differed from announcement to announcement, but technical conditions were also mentioned as a cause of the delay. After that, I contacted the company to ask for compensation as Regulation 261/2004 of the European Union, but the company avoids fulfilling their obligation and tries to deny their rights. I do not recommend this company in any circumstances. The costumer support will not try to help, they do not care about the quality of their services and will not deliver the expected service or compensate for the huge mistakes made by the company.
RouteSão Paulo to Porto via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"canceled and they did not inform us"

Not Verified | Madrid to New York JFK. Our flight was canceled and they did not inform us! Furthermore, they did nothing to help with out luggage, leaving us to deal with the mess they made! Never flying with them again!
RouteMadrid to New York JFK