Air Europa

"average customer service"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Madrid. A normal seat, no complimentary beverages. Paid seat selection, average customer service and average crew. Headphones weren’t free. Normal legroom, IFE wasn’t the best.
RouteAmsterdam to Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Worst airline I ever took"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Cartagena via Madrid/Panama City. Had a flight Frankfurt (GER) to Cartagena (COL) with two stops. The first flight came almost two hours too late, so I had to run to my second one, which I only got because it was also late. At the gate, I got told my flight was cancelled, after some phone calls of the gate to the airline I could enter. 9h flight with only one meal (not the vegan meal I preordered and paid for), after one service of drinks I had to pay, even for water. No headphones for the films for free. The staff hardly spoke English, not very friendly either. Got the next flight ok, arrived in Cartagena and my luggage was missing. They told me they’d write me an email if they know about it. Got it back, sent to my hostel after three days. Worst airline I ever took, last time!
RouteFrankfurt to Cartagena via Madrid/Panama City
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no personal screen"

Trip Verified | Montevideo to Milan via Madrid. I remember having a bad opinion of the airline from previous experiences and during this trip I was reminded why. The airplane is awfully old and unequipped. The entertainment system consisted of large monitors positioned in the middle of the plane with no personal screen, as did other planes until 15 years ago. I was served one glass of water during the flight.
RouteMontevideo to Milan via Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Service on the flight is bad"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Tel Aviv via Madrid. It was almost impossible for me to check in through their webpage or app. So, in all of my flights I had to check at the counter. Long queues. Service on the flight is bad. During one of my legs, I ordered for purchase a coffee. It took forever to deliver, and it was cold. But, because of their disorganization they didn't charge me. They didnt load my miles to my account. So I had to make a complain. They replied they won't add miles to my account because the name in the reservation is different from the one in the account.
RouteBuenos Aires to Tel Aviv via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"No In-flight entertainment"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Recife via Madrid. Old A330-202 with a extremely poor food and beverages services, worst the snack served before landing. A frozen toast with ham and cheese warmed up. Staff is friendly. Money for value very low. I do not know honestly who is the worst airline among Tap, Condor and Air Europa flying directly from Europe to Recife. No In-flight entertainment (IFE) and the wifi on air was down. Luckily I downloaded a couple of films on my personal tablet.
AircraftA330-200
RouteZurich to Recife via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"cabin staff were friendly"

Not Verified | Munich to Madrid. My flight was very good and the cabin staff were friendly. The flight comfort was fine. The business class advantages are priority boarding and security check, welcome drink and free lunch. The seats were the same.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteMunich to Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"went against my better judgement"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Miami via Madrid. Like everyone I heard the reviews and I went against my better judgement. So I decided to book a trip to Madrid and do a Spain tour for 2020 NYE leaving right after Christmas on Dec 26th 2019. Well, my 40 min flight from Tampa to Miami was delayed 1.5-hours for a navigation issue. This was with American Airlines. My Air Europa flight was scheduled to depart at 9:45pm. I landed late at 8:17pm. I rushed over from Terminal D to F and when I get to the Air Europa counter they tell me the checked baggage is closed and I would have to do a carry-on. That wasn't possible as my luggage was too big. So they say well you can leave your bag, again not possible as I would have no clothes. Then I say ok, it seems like because you all won't check my bag I can't make the flight. I ask can they just rebook me for the flight tomorrow (not their error) because I can't check my bag. They say I would have to pay for a regular ticket ($800). I'm shocked, I can't afford that. The lady then ignores me as they were closing up the counter (seemed like they just wanted to go home). So I head back to American stranded. American says they can't put me on a flight to Madrid but they can put me in a hotel and get me a flight back to Tampa for no charge. They didn't understand why Air Europa wouldn't just do the right thing as I was there but couldn't check in. I even asked if they could send my luggage a day later and that was a no. Now I wait to talk to a manager because customer service said the gate agent marked me as a no show even though I was there at the Air Europa counter @8:45. My issue is there don't care about your situation, they were rude and was terrible to me. If they can't make it right I will never try to travel with them again and I'm going to share my story with as many people as possible. After reading reviews and seeing how they treat people I'm amazed at how they are still in business. I'm praying for someone at the counter has a heart or else that's $1500 down the drain and a NYE trip in the toilet.
RouteTampa to Miami via Madrid

"I missed the flight"

Not Verified | On 24 December 2019 I had an Air Europa flight from Madrid to Seville. The outgoing flight was from Madrid at 6.20 AM but don't have the booking code or flight details as I could not avail of the flight due to wrong advice by a lady staff of Air Europa at self check in counter. I asked the lady at self check in counter to check me in at 5.40 AM but she was unable to do so and asked me to stand in check in queue for boarding passes where I wasted 15-20 minutes. When I reached check in counter the guy said he could not help me and directed me to an Air Europa counter on the other side.The lady there spoke to somebody and said that she cannot check me as it was too late. My grudge is why did not the lady at self check in counter send me to this other lady whom I was directed to by this guy at the check in counter after waiting for 20 minutes I told this Spanish speaking lady with limited English at the self check in counter that I had no luggage and the flight was leaving at 6.20 AM. Customer service was very poor and the staff were unhelpful. I missed the flight and had to pay 241 Euros for a train ticket with Renfe.
RouteMadrid to Seville
Date FlownDecember 2019

"one of the worst experiences"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Salvador Bahia via Madrid. From the very beginning, the service was disorganized and short-staffed. I was left standing in the check-in queue for 90 minutes in order to drop off my case, after I had already taken the time to check-in online. There was no bag-drop facility at Gatwick. Shortly after arriving, I found out my flight was delayed from another passenger. I was confidently assured by on-board staff that the connecting plane would be held for us as there were many passengers however ended up missing the connection to Brazil due to the lengthy delay. I was instructed to go to the Air-Europa desk in Madrid. I arrived. I waited. I was told to go to another desk. Here I waited for no less than 6 hours sitting on a cold floor. No water/refreshments were offered. No apology. No information. Absolutely nothing. People stood with babies. No preference was given to them. I have never in my life been treated so appallingly by any company, never mind a company I have paid a great deal of money to. Just 2 members or staff were left to deal with two planes worth of people. It clearly shows the lack of regard and appreciation you have for your customers. Not even out of sheer courtesy was I asked if my new flight details were suitable, nor was I given any option. The on-board service added to the misery of the entire experience. Flight attendants were not attentive, and I was ignored multiple times. The food was the worst airline food I have come across, and I don’t say that lightly. As a seasoned traveler speaking honestly, it was one of the worst experiences I have had to deal with from start to finish. I have previously had long-haul flight delays with other companies, but never have I experienced treatment like this. I would urge anyone I know to reconsider using your company in the future. Throughout the entire period, I received no correspondence whatsoever; in my opinion showing a total disregard for passengers’ welfare, comfort and appreciation of their custom. I am still in awe at the unbelievably poor level of customer service that was shown. As of today, it has been over a week since the chaotic situation and I still have not received a single email from you apologizing. As a response to a recent complaint via Facebook as the customer service is a 'no reply' email, I received a copied and pasted template email in which none of my complaints were addressed and no apology. My impressions of Air Europa can’t really be any lower. I'd gladly pay extra not to have to go through that again.
RouteGatwick to Salvador Bahia via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I can't choose seat online"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Madrid. Always problems with checking online. Then as a platinum frequent flyer I can't choose seat online and then I have the worst seats. Only airline I have had this problem. Even budget airlines like Ryanair or WizzAir provide better service than Air Europa.
RouteAmsterdam to Madrid