Air Europa

"charge for the earphones"

(Ecuador)

Trip Verified | Guayaquil to Alicante via Madrid. The old seats the TVs do not work, they charge for the earphones 3 euros. If you sleep they do not give you any food. When you buy the tickets give you a suitcase of 23kgs. ES: Los asientos viejos los televisores no trabajan cobran por los audífonos 3 euros si te duermes no te dan de comer Cuando compras los tickets te dan una maleta de 23kls incluido ala me dejaron pasar al regreso me cobraron 120 euros y si les pagas en dólares 160 rediculo otras aerolíneas te dan 2 maletas de 23kls
Aircraft332
RouteGuayaquil to Alicante via Madrid

"Very negative experience"

Not Verified | Very negative experience in my first flight with Air Europa. In my route from Dusseldorf to Bogota, the departure was delayed and in overall took about 2 hours more than original schedule without any care for customers connection. We lost our connection with Avianca at Bogotá to reach Bucaramanga. It was the last flight in the night to our final destination and we had to spend the night in Bogotá. Air Europa didn't want to approve support for a night hotel (nor dinner or breakfast) and their attitude and service was unacceptable and rude. We had to cover our expenses that night. They only gave us a letter accepting the delay was their fault. Luckily the other airline didn't charge us for a new flight the next day. Additionally, the food during flight was horrible and they charge you for the headphones on a intercontinental flight? The service during flight to place the hand luggage was also rude, most people was asked to place it below the seats, which is very uncomfortable for such a long flight.
RouteDusseldorf to Bogota
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"were changed to other seats"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Miami. My husband and I occupied the seats 15K and 15H for which we paid an additional amount since they are located in a of the eight emergency exits. We had to choose these seats because my husband measures 6 feet and simply does not fit in the seats of the tourist class. The day before traveling I fell and broke my left arm which was in a sling and it hurt a lot. When we were leaving Madrid, the purser in an aggressive tone tells me: "Ma'am, you have a sling in your arm?" I say yes and he says: "You do not know that with a physical impediment Can not travel in that seat? I say no, I did not know and I did not know when I bought the tickets because I could not predict that I would break my arm. He answered that in the instruction manual he said it very clearly, that he did not have time to change his seat but that for the landing we had to change. All that in a condescending tone as if I had committed a crime. When we arrived in Miami, during the landing, it did and my husband and I were changed to other seats in which of course he did not fit and I was super uncomfortable. The landing lasted more than half an hour because we had to wait for a landing site. On the trip that lasted 10 hours, not once did he come to ask if he was okay or needed something. I do not doubt that he was right and that he was applying the regulation, but the form and tone he used was uncourteous and indelicate. I do not have to know the instruction manual. I'm not a flight attendant. And really in case of needing to open the emergency exit I do not think there would have been any lack of volunteers to do it. ES: Mi esposo y yo ocupabamos los asientos 15K y 15H por los cuales pagamos una cantidad adicional ya que estan ubicados en una de las ocho salidas de emergencia. Tuvimos que escoger estos asientos porque mi esposo mide 6 pies y sencillamente no cabe en los asientos de la clase turista en la que se viaja como sardinas en lata. El dia antes de viajar me cai y me rompi el brazo izquierdo el cual llevaba en cabestrillo y me dolia muchisimo. Cuando ibamos saliendo de Madrid, el sobrecargo en un tono de lo mas agresivo me dice: "Señora Ud. tiene un cabestrillo en el brazo? Le digo que si y me dice:"Ud no sabe que con un impedimento fisico no puede viajar en ese asiento? Le digo que no, que no lo sabia y que tampoco lo sabia cuando compre los boletos porque no podia predecir que me iba a romper un brazo. Me contesto que en el manual de instrucciones lo decia bien claro, que ya no le daba tiempo cambiarme de asiento pero que para el aterrizaje nos tenia que cambiar. Todo eso en un tono condescendiente como si yo hubiera cometido un delito. Cuando llegamos a Miami, durante el aterrizaje, asi lo hizo y mi esposo y yo fuimos cambiados a otros asientos en los que por supuesto el no cabia y yo iba super incomoda. El aterrizaje duró mas de media hora porque hubo que esperar sitio para poder aterrizar. En el viaje que duró 10 horas, ni una sola vez se acercó a preguntar si estaba bien o necesitaba algo. No dudo que tuviera razon y que estuviera aplicando el reglamento pero la forma y el tono que usó fue en el mejor de los casos bastante grosera, poco cortés e indelicada. Yo no tengo porque saberme el manual de instrucciones. No soy flight attendant. Y realmente en caso de necesitar abrir la salida de emergencia no creo que hubieran faltado voluntarios para hacerlo.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMadrid to Miami
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"horrible, worst service"

Trip Verified | Milan to New York via Madrid. Horrible airline. I have never had such bad experience before. I missed my connecting flight and apparently the airline shows no care for its customer. The airline customer service was rude and unclear, hung up on me multiple times. Also, they must take break around noon so the office was closed and I was unable to reach anybody. Had to waste my 1400 dollar ticket at the end, because they keep wasting your time. Never taking this airline again. Just horrible, worst service.
RouteMilan to New York via Madrid

"horrible service"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Havana via Madrid. Delays, old aircraft, disgusting food on top of horrible service. Charges €3 for headphones, No information was given about flight service (meals times etc.), No vegetarian meal, no option to pre-order online or find onboard. Never again.
RouteGatwick to Havana via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2018

"do not care about client services"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. Flight delayed for almost two hours, almost lost my connection in Madrid to Lisbon, and they lost my luggage, no explanation, they do not know where my bag is! They just ruined my family vacations. They do not care about client services. Flight are cheaper with Air Europa but it’s not worth it.
RouteMiami to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Never again using this airline"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Madrid. Very bad airline. We arrived 3 hours prior the flight and asked to be seated together and they say you have to pay for that. Unacceptable! Never again using this airline.
RouteGatwick to Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2018

"a perfect day in the sky"

Trip Verified | I did a day-return flight from Amsterdam to Madrid on Air Europa who uses a one-way pricing (even for business class) so a same day return is more attractively priced than other carriers that offer business class. Air Europa also operates this route with a wide body A330 where others use narrow body aircraft. On my outbound flight to Madrid I was on a A330 with a 'newish' club seating, which has 4 rows of 2x2x2 seating, the seats are slightly angled towards each other and there are individual entertainment systems. I found the seats comfy but not very spacious. On the return I was on an older A330 that offers only 3 rows of 2x2x2 seating (in the same space as the newer A330). I loved the older A330. Seating is so classic and spacious and the seats are hugely comfortable. There is no individual entertainment on this aircraft. My outbound flight was delayed by about 1h30 and I found the Air Europa app to give conflicting information on the actual departure times. On the return the app told me the flight would be delayed, but it did leave in time. Where Air Europa really stand out is on its club catering. Incredibly fresh and healthy: beautifully presented. Hands down the best catering on an inter-European flight. Cabin crew were absolutely lovely too. Extremely friendly and present in the cabin. I noticed on expert flyer that business class would be almost empty and appreciated the airline did not fill this section up with upgrades, friends and family at the last minute as many other airlines do. So all in all it was a perfect day in the sky.
RouteMadrid to Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never had an airline charge for water"

Trip Verified | Seville to Mallorca. The night before our flight, I checked-in online. I tried checking in via the webpage and app but neither seemed to translate to English, so I asked the concierge of the hotel I was staying at to help me check in. I declined to select a seat, pressed “next” and all of a sudden was given the e-ticket. At no point did the app prompt for luggage information (which would have cost 30 euros if checked- in in advance). The next day at the airport, I tried to explain this to the customer service desk, but they told me I had to pay 60 euros – more than the cost of my flight! Further, our flight was delayed by 2 hours: we were supposed to depart at 10:15pm but instead, we only boarded around midnight. Since it was so late at night, the stores were closed and we couldn’t buy snacks. Once we got on the plane, we asked for water, but we were informed that all snacks – including water – were for sale only. I have never had an airline charge for water, especially after such a long delay. This was unhumanitarian. In both situations, it seemed like the airline was capitalizing from situations that they created or that were in their control. I wrote to their customer service department explaining this and they still don’t seem to get the wrong they have done. I have flown with many airlines around the world – just within this Euro-trip, I had flown with 4 or 5 different airlines, of which 3 of them were discount airlines- and have never gotten such poor treatment. I don’t expect much, just some water and the opportunity to check in luggage when I check-in for my flight 24 hours before my flight!
RouteSeville to Mallorca
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Terrible service - sneaky charges"

Trip Verified | Terrible service - sneaky charges (who doesn’t make it obvious that there’s no baggage included for a long haul flight before you arrive at the airport and then charge £100 to add it for one way?) I gave them plenty of notice for a special meal but not only was 2 days not enough, they didn’t actually offer vegetarian meals. I had to have a vegan meal in order to eat which was the worst (vegan food in general - nice), this was just boiled vegetables and a fruit salad, terrible. Flight entertainment pretty limited.
RouteBogota to Gatwick via Madrid