Air Europa

"No boarding in groups"

Trip Verified | I flew UX89 from Madrid to Santo Domingo. No boarding in groups, so usual chaos. When I approached my seat (47D), I noticed someone already was sitting there. A crew member came up and told me I was wrong (I wasn’t) and demanded I should take the seat behind it (48D in my opinion). I didn’t argue. Then of course a passenger who had booked 48D came up. The same steward suddenly explained to me that I am plain wrong and that 47F in fact was 47D. It took 2 other crew members to convince the steward that I was right. Unbelievable! A crew that is not acquainted with seat numbering! Horrible food, 3 Euros for headphones on an intercontinental flight. Of course my steward did not issue the immigration forms before landing, so customs took additional time.
RouteMadrid to Santo Domingo

"Lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | Lost my luggage on my way from CDG to Valencia. Offered no compensation for expenses occurred and have still not recovered my suitcase after 4 days. No food or drinks available on-board, cabin crew only speak Spanish and ignore you if you ask for water. Return flight delayed 3 hours. Would not fly with Air Europa again.
RouteValencia to Paris
Date FlownApril 2019

"charged for a carry on"

Trip Verified | Valencia to Paris CDG. This is a terrible airline. They charged for what is usually a carry on suitcase at 60 euros. Rude staff. No free food on board. Do not care about their customers.
RouteValencia to Paris CDG
Date FlownApril 2019

"flights have been running late"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Gran Canaria. Flew this airline second time and both flights have been running late although the route is not long. I'm using companys own app for information and it's mainly that why I reviewing the airline. Supplied information was different compared with one coming from a third party app. CheckMyTrip knew more than an hour before companys own app the actual departure time. I can understand that reading security procedures day after day can be monotonous but still it is not acceptable that it is resulting total mess when a cabin personnel is trying to read it too fast. Spanish version sounded right but the English one was unacceptable. No one with good knowledge in English were able to understand it.
AircraftATR72
RouteTenerife to Gran Canaria
Date FlownMarch 2019

"food for purchase"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Madrid. The good, I flew twice in one month and both flights departed on time. My bags where not lost and the cabin was clean. The bad, only free thing in the meal and beverage service was water, and that’s if you could catch them zooming down the aisle. They would only say, “food for purchase”, and if you didn’t respond to that, you were out of luck. Twice I had to look over my shoulder and tell them I wanted some water. No napkin, just a small cup oh water. After the service was over, they where not seen in the aisle unless someone pressed there call button.
RouteTel Aviv to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2019

"language was aggressive"

Trip Verified | Paris to Santa Cruz via Madrid . Two friends and I travelled to Santa Cruz from Paris. In Orly Paris, we checked in at an Air Europa’s counter and obtained our boarding passes. On our way to the security check area, a staff member of Air Europa stopped us and told us that we should send our backpacks. So we went back to the check-in counter and told the same lady what had happened. The lady at the counter weighed our backpacks (each of them was less than 10 kg) and gave each of us an orange tag which read “Cabin luggage”. When we showed our boarding pass at the gate, the same staff member stopped us. He started to react in an agitated manner towards us, accusing us of NOT doing what he told. We explained to him that we had re-confirmed at the counter and had been given an orange tag. He removed our tags without our consent. He demanded us to pay for two backpacks or we could not board with our backpacks. We tried to reason with him and at the same time rearranged our backpacks. I then tried to transferred some clothes to my handbag. He lied to me that I could not do that and only one piece of “luggage” was allowed on board. Based on his statement, my friend and I decided to pay a total of 240 euros. His reaction was violent and misleading. His language was aggressive. He did not follow Air Europa’s publicly available information on hand baggage. Our backpacks were within the 55cmx35cmx25 cm (the sum of the three dimensions must not exceed 115cm). We also had the right to bring one handbag. It is totally unacceptable.
RouteParis to Santa Cruz via Madrid

"Food was not edible"

(Uganda)

Trip Verified | Planes were old and not well kept up. Food was not edible unless one was very hungry. I did not eat. However staff was friendly. Luggage policy was sneaky and expensive. Will not travel with this company again no matter how “cheap” the flights are.
RouteLisbon to Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"charge for the earphones"

(Ecuador)

Trip Verified | Guayaquil to Alicante via Madrid. The old seats the TVs do not work, they charge for the earphones 3 euros. If you sleep they do not give you any food. When you buy the tickets give you a suitcase of 23kgs. ES: Los asientos viejos los televisores no trabajan cobran por los audífonos 3 euros si te duermes no te dan de comer Cuando compras los tickets te dan una maleta de 23kls incluido ala me dejaron pasar al regreso me cobraron 120 euros y si les pagas en dólares 160 rediculo otras aerolíneas te dan 2 maletas de 23kls
Aircraft332
RouteGuayaquil to Alicante via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Very negative experience"

Not Verified | Very negative experience in my first flight with Air Europa. In my route from Dusseldorf to Bogota, the departure was delayed and in overall took about 2 hours more than original schedule without any care for customers connection. We lost our connection with Avianca at Bogotá to reach Bucaramanga. It was the last flight in the night to our final destination and we had to spend the night in Bogotá. Air Europa didn't want to approve support for a night hotel (nor dinner or breakfast) and their attitude and service was unacceptable and rude. We had to cover our expenses that night. They only gave us a letter accepting the delay was their fault. Luckily the other airline didn't charge us for a new flight the next day. Additionally, the food during flight was horrible and they charge you for the headphones on a intercontinental flight? The service during flight to place the hand luggage was also rude, most people was asked to place it below the seats, which is very uncomfortable for such a long flight.
RouteDusseldorf to Bogota
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"were changed to other seats"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Miami. My husband and I occupied the seats 15K and 15H for which we paid an additional amount since they are located in a of the eight emergency exits. We had to choose these seats because my husband measures 6 feet and simply does not fit in the seats of the tourist class. The day before traveling I fell and broke my left arm which was in a sling and it hurt a lot. When we were leaving Madrid, the purser in an aggressive tone tells me: "Ma'am, you have a sling in your arm?" I say yes and he says: "You do not know that with a physical impediment Can not travel in that seat? I say no, I did not know and I did not know when I bought the tickets because I could not predict that I would break my arm. He answered that in the instruction manual he said it very clearly, that he did not have time to change his seat but that for the landing we had to change. All that in a condescending tone as if I had committed a crime. When we arrived in Miami, during the landing, it did and my husband and I were changed to other seats in which of course he did not fit and I was super uncomfortable. The landing lasted more than half an hour because we had to wait for a landing site. On the trip that lasted 10 hours, not once did he come to ask if he was okay or needed something. I do not doubt that he was right and that he was applying the regulation, but the form and tone he used was uncourteous and indelicate. I do not have to know the instruction manual. I'm not a flight attendant. And really in case of needing to open the emergency exit I do not think there would have been any lack of volunteers to do it. ES: Mi esposo y yo ocupabamos los asientos 15K y 15H por los cuales pagamos una cantidad adicional ya que estan ubicados en una de las ocho salidas de emergencia. Tuvimos que escoger estos asientos porque mi esposo mide 6 pies y sencillamente no cabe en los asientos de la clase turista en la que se viaja como sardinas en lata. El dia antes de viajar me cai y me rompi el brazo izquierdo el cual llevaba en cabestrillo y me dolia muchisimo. Cuando ibamos saliendo de Madrid, el sobrecargo en un tono de lo mas agresivo me dice: "Señora Ud. tiene un cabestrillo en el brazo? Le digo que si y me dice:"Ud no sabe que con un impedimento fisico no puede viajar en ese asiento? Le digo que no, que no lo sabia y que tampoco lo sabia cuando compre los boletos porque no podia predecir que me iba a romper un brazo. Me contesto que en el manual de instrucciones lo decia bien claro, que ya no le daba tiempo cambiarme de asiento pero que para el aterrizaje nos tenia que cambiar. Todo eso en un tono condescendiente como si yo hubiera cometido un delito. Cuando llegamos a Miami, durante el aterrizaje, asi lo hizo y mi esposo y yo fuimos cambiados a otros asientos en los que por supuesto el no cabia y yo iba super incomoda. El aterrizaje duró mas de media hora porque hubo que esperar sitio para poder aterrizar. En el viaje que duró 10 horas, ni una sola vez se acercó a preguntar si estaba bien o necesitaba algo. No dudo que tuviera razon y que estuviera aplicando el reglamento pero la forma y el tono que usó fue en el mejor de los casos bastante grosera, poco cortés e indelicada. Yo no tengo porque saberme el manual de instrucciones. No soy flight attendant. Y realmente en caso de necesitar abrir la salida de emergencia no creo que hubieran faltado voluntarios para hacerlo.
AircraftA330-200