Air Europa

"worst airline we have ever flown"

Not Verified | This is the worst airline we have ever flown with. We flew London - Madrid - Havana return. The staff were rude. The food was awful and we were not offered a choice. You are allowed only 1 drink, the rest you have to pay for. Having flown overnight to Madrid we asked for a coffee and told the coffee was served 10 minutes ago, so it is no longer available (even though you have to pay for it). They lost our baggage.
RouteLondon to Havana via Madrid
Date FlownJune 2022

"I almost missed my flight"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I was flying within the European Union and the employees of this company at the check-in desk did not know that I did not need a covid test. I almost missed my flight.
RoutePorto to Madrid
Date FlownJune 2022

"sternly spoken to in the boarding process"

Not Verified | After touring and meeting so many wonderful people in Spain and other countries, what a complete letdown for us to have returned home with this airline. From a ticket agent who did not understand their company policy on Covid to being very sternly spoken to in the boarding process after paying for priority boarding to being lectured about patience for needing water to upgraded seats. We paid for then twice, they tried to make us pay for them again then to learn they really are only bulkhead seats allowing you to be near the sights and smells of the toilet! Again, after such wonderful people and sights in Spain the attitude and treatment we felt will make certain we never allow our agent or cruise line to book us with them again.
RouteBarcelona to Miami via Madrid
Date FlownJune 2022

"They do not return my money"

Not Verified | We were told that we had to book the suitcases and seats with the flight operator (Air Europa). So I went to their website to book the seats and suitcases. After a ridiculously high amount of money I booked and paid everything. Later it turned out that this reservation had not been made and that I did not book anything. Called several times, but all to no avail. The service is extremely hard to reach. You get put on hold and just hang there for an hour with no answer. Lost my money, i have no suitcases and no seats. They do not return my money nor give me me seats and luggage.
RouteAmsterdam to Punta Cana
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Very bad customer service"

(Italy)

Not Verified | I have never been able to travel with Air Europa. I had purchased the Milan-Panama ticket in February 2020, the flight was scheduled for the dates 31 March-12 April 2020. Due to Covid19 the flight was obviously cancelled. I was first informed that the ticket was non-refundable, but I could get the voucher valid for one year. As I could not use the voucher for the year (as flights were continuously cancelled), I was informed that I could get a refund for the ticket. I have not received a reply by email since April 2021, not even by certified mail. When I call, I am told that I am still in a long queue, to send an e-mail, to which I obviously do not receive a reply. Very bad customer service.
RouteMilan to Panama via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2022

"flights arrived ahead of schedule"

Trip Verified | Had 4 flights in total with Air Europa Munich -> Madrid -> Marrakech and back. All flights arrived ahead of schedule, carry on luggage rules were far better and some other airlines, one regular carry on 10KG plus a little bag it was the first time for me with this airline, before COVID I used to fly a lot for work and leisure with quite a couple of airlines and was positively surprised by this airline. For me its ok to get no drinks for free on the plane, its most important that the flights are on time and this was always the case. Seats were also comfortable, you even could lean backwards a bit, which is not possible anymore in some other low cost carriers.
AircraftBoeing 737 / Embraer 195
RouteMarrakech to Munich via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2022

"2 years for your refund"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | London to Havana via Madrid. I have just finished talking to yet another operator and she tells me that unfortunately, she can only check that the file has been sent correctly. Poor thing, I would also be sorry to blame the operators who are not to blame for this situation. I have been waiting for 2 years for your refund on a ticket of nearly 600 GBP. My ticket was for March 2020. Following various complaints due to the pandemic, I was given a voucher that I could reuse for another hypothetical flight. One year later, it was still impossible to travel and think of making another ticket, so following the various complaints, I was able to speak with an operator with whom I would have started a refund procedure (March 2021). I also received an email confirmation for my refund, the operator had announced that it would take 5 months to receive the refund and I accepted the continuation I started to contact Air Europa without ever having an answer or an update nothing at all. It's been 2 years now and I still don't know what happened to my money. I also tried to use the voucher out of desperation but it wasn't even valid anymore. I don't know what to do, this situation has become ridiculous and also very annoying | Buonasera, Questo è l’ennesimo sollecito e messaggio che invio in cerca di una risposta. Ho appena terminato di parlare con l’ennesimo operatore, (Roberta 24186) e mi dice che purtroppo lei non può fare altro che verificare che la pratica sia stata inviata correttamente. Poveretta mi dispiacerebbe anche prendermela con gli operatori che non hanno colpe di questa situazione . Sono 2 anni che aspetto un vostro rimborso per un biglietto di quasi 600 GBP. Ho il mio biglietto era per marzo 2020. In seguito ai vari reclami a causa della situazione pandemica mi è stato fatto un voucher da poter riutilizzare per un altro ipotetico volo. A distanza di un anno era ancora impossibile viaggiare e pensare di fare un altro biglietto, cosi che in seguito ai vari reclami sono riuscito a parlare con un operatore con il quale avrei avviato una pratica di rimborso (marzo 2021), ho anche ricevuto una mail di conferma per il mio rimborso, l’operatore mi aveva preannunciato che ci sarebbero voluti 5 mesi per ricevere il rimborso e ho accettato il seguito ho iniziato a contattare air aurora senza mai avere una risposta un aggiornamento niente di niente. Ora sono passati 2 anni e ancora non ho notizia di che fine hanno fatto i miei soldi. Ho provato anche a utilizzare il voucher per disperazione ma non era neanche più valido. Non so cosa fare, questa situazione è diventata ridicola e anche molto fastidiosa
RouteLondon to Havana via Madrid

"Comfy lie flat seats"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Excellent in all respects. The food is brilliant, best ever had on an airline. Comfy lie flat seats, friendly and attentive cabin crew.
RouteMadrid to Miami
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Best food ever had on an airline"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Overnight flight Miami to Madrid on Air Europa's new business class. Excellent in all respects. Ignore old reviews. Their business class is now one of the best amongst European carriers and strong competition with worldwide carriers. Far better than Iberia or BA. Best food ever had on an airline, comfy and roomy lie flat seats (I'm 6 ft tall), lovely and efficient cabin crew throughout the whole flight.
RouteMiami to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2022

"I was the only unfortunate that could not get the menu that I wanted"

Trip Verified | The business class on the travel day was not even half full and the flight attendant took my menu choice. An hour after take out when the food was ready she came to inform that I was the only unfortunate that could not get the menu that I wanted. This is unprofessional toward someone who spent a good amount of money for a ticket.
RouteZurich to Madrid