Air Europa

"They only offered a voucher"

Trip Verified | My Flights on June 9 was cancelled due to COVID 19, I contacted the company many times to get my money back but the company is not helping at all. They only offered a voucher, I don’t want a voucher a want my money back. Flights was cancelled due to The pandemic No for personal reasons. When I called the company only give me the option for the voucher or Send me to just fly to claim the credit. I been bouncing between both companies with not help and results. I know but the law that I am entitled to get my money back since the pandemic. Customer service need more training and be more helpful at this point I’m still waiting for the company response on this issue but I didn’t heard anything yet. I will never buy again a flight on air Europa or inJust fly is the worst experience!
RouteMiami to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2020

"liked the quality of the seat"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | São Paulo to Lisboa via Madrid. I liked the quality of the seat. Very good, very polite stewards. The food was not good on the way back but on the way it was good. Yes the very attentive ground staff (check-in). I recommend | Gostei muito qualidade do assento ótima comissários muito educados a comida nao era boa na volta porem na ida era boa sim os funcionários de solo (check-in) muito atensiosos recomendo
RouteSão Paulo to Lisboa via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"tries to deny their rights"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | São Paulo to Porto via Madrid. The flight UX58, from São Paulo to Madrid had a delay of 1 hour 54 minutes due to a technical problem. We had to stay inside the airplane, waiting for it to be fixed. Because of this delay, I lost my flight UX1147 from Madrid to Porto. After losing this fight I had to wait more than one hour in the line to change my ticket and got a ticket for the flight UX1145. After waiting for 1 hour after the departure time of UX1145, we were informed that the flight had to be canceled. The mentioned reason for that differed from announcement to announcement, but technical conditions were also mentioned as a cause of the delay. After that, I contacted the company to ask for compensation as Regulation 261/2004 of the European Union, but the company avoids fulfilling their obligation and tries to deny their rights. I do not recommend this company in any circumstances. The costumer support will not try to help, they do not care about the quality of their services and will not deliver the expected service or compensate for the huge mistakes made by the company.
RouteSão Paulo to Porto via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"canceled and they did not inform us"

Not Verified | Madrid to New York JFK. Our flight was canceled and they did not inform us! Furthermore, they did nothing to help with out luggage, leaving us to deal with the mess they made! Never flying with them again!
RouteMadrid to New York JFK
Date FlownMarch 2020

"overall a very bad experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Punta Cana. First time to travel with Air Europa, overall a very bad experience. Family with a toddler in emergency row seat. Horrified to find no entertainment system for travellers - a 9 hour flight with no entertainment in this day and age is simply antiquated. The plane was very old and shabby. The main meal was actually OK and free of charge. One drink was provided and a small plastic cup of water too if requested. If you wanted another drink it had to be paid for, yet this service was not always available and only when the cabin crew had finished their duties could we even begin to pay for another drink. The 2nd meal was paid for. During the flight I was so thirsty and with a baby sleeping on my arm I had to get up and try to get a drink of water. The cabin crew were sleeping or reading a book - it was a big ask to have some water - they were rude and sullen and begrudgingly relinquished a small cup of water. Never have I had this experience, normally cabin crew happily walk up and down the aisle with drinks on a tray. The service was absolutely diabolical. On the outbound flight our baby was refused a meal, despite the fact that he eats too. We were told that we should have specifically requested it yet nowhere was this information available. Imagine refusing to feed a baby! On the way back I made sure to request a baby meal in advance. Unfortunately no water was provided, when I asked for water the cabin crew refused until their current duties were complete. Unfortunately even after this no water was forthcoming. Imagine refusing water to a baby! This is a basic human right. What type of people are they? Simply the worst long haul flight I have ever experienced. The with-holding of basic human rights for a baby is simply beyond belief. I would not recommend travelling with this airline and will never fly with them again.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMadrid to Punta Cana
Date FlownMarch 2020

"did not inform the passengers"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Marrakesh. Air Europa cancelled the ticket but did not inform the passengers and passengers are lining up in the airport and they were not returning money or giving any accommodation for international passengers. At least they should have sent out email to inform so passengers could have done some alternative arrangements. At least they should provide a accommodation.
RouteMadrid to Marrakesh
Date FlownMarch 2020

"a great first experience"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Sao Paulo via Madrid. I read some negative reviews and was very pleased to have a great first experience with Air Europe. I will book again for sure! Very nice and welcoming crew, who are flying great machines (Embraer E-190 and Boeing 787). Charging fees for check in bags, choosing seats and extra meals is nearly industry standard procedure and I do not understand why people give negative reviews because of this.
AircraftE-190 / Boeing 787 / 737
RouteDusseldorf to Sao Paulo via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"have to pay for the breakfast"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Paris-Orly to São Paulo via Madrid. This is a low cost airline, thus, the terminal they were operating is old, the food was poor and the staff was not friendly. Despite of being a 10 hour flight, you have to pay for the breakfast, earplugs, to select your seat and anything else you need. The entertainment system has a good screen but the selection is poor. Check in is outsourced and they were not friendly.
RouteParis-Orly to São Paulo via Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2020

"experience was very mediocre"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Recife to Madrid. My experience with Air Europa was very mediocre for my partner and I. Our outbound journey to Recife from Alicante was almost a disaster when Air Europa delayed the Alicante flight by 4 hours, so that we would otherwise have missed our connecting flight to Recife, were it not for taking matters in our own hands and making our own way by train to Madrid, thereby disqualifying ourselves from any compensation. They were not willing to put us on another carrier to ensure we made our main flight. The cabin crew on flights to and from Recife did not engage at all with the passengers. The meals were OK but poorly timed. So, flying to Madrid at 10.55pm we were given dinner and nothing else except a lacklustre beverage service 2 hours before landing which we had to pay for. I would have expected a light snack instead of dinner and a proper breakfast. The aircraft was old, no inflight entertainment, and the toilets were dirty. Worst of all, there was no soap in the toilets mid flight, that is a disgrace. I will never fly Air Europa on long haul ever again, and certainly not on an important connecting flight. Their attitude is almost contemptuous of their customers, they obviously think that competitive pricing obviates the need to provide decent service and facilities. Adios Air Europa.
RouteRecife to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2020

"All in all a great experience"

Trip Verified | Paris to Malaga Air Europa is a LCC but still part of the skyteam group. That's means stuff like a buy on board program and a tight pitch of the seats. Seats are quite comfortable though and not as barebone as others. Staff is generally very friendly and helpful. It's a great thing they display route information on the monitors. Boarding was a bit slow but staff helped to speed it up. All in all a great experience.
Aircraft737-800