Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

HKG-YVR Boeing 777-300 New configuration. A nightmare that even embarrasses the flight crew to apologise for it. I am a 100K Aeroplan member and this dreadful experience led me to avoid Air Canada since. With other airlines upgrading their already superior products one is left to wonder why Air Canada has chosen to downgrade theirs. I can only imagine the plight in economy where an extra seat has been jammed into each row. On a positive note I have discovered the advantages offered by the competition - of which there is plenty. There may be a short term increase in yields as passengers are crammed into airplanes but the damage to long standing customer loyalty will sadly endure.

Air Canada customer review

Toronto-DC-Toronto in mid-May and paid the $25 per bag fee for checked baggage. Too many "economy-minded" passengers didn't want to pay this reasonable fee so opted to bring over-stuffed bags onto the flight as "carry-on"s. One woman with such a bag PLUS a large backpack so large it could not fit under the seat. These people were not directed by AC staff to check their bags the consequence being that there was insufficient in-cabin overhead bin space causing a delay in boarding of over 20 minutes. This caused us to queue on the runway for over half an hour waiting for clearance from air traffic control. The result - we left DC around the time we were supposed to land in Toronto. Contacted AC regarding this irritation and received an email that the wait-time for a response is twenty working days (yes that's a month!) If I phone to make a complaint the wait-time in the phone queue is anywhere from 35-55 minutes. This was my second AC flight and the second time I was delayed by inefficient staff. My Aeroplan miles are going to a charity and I'm slicing up the card.

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-YVR-YYZ this past week enjoyable flights both ways. I am finding myself flying a lot on the 777. The leg room on this plane is great. On my return flight yesterday the airline had to make a last minute aircraft change and we flew home on the 767. This change was handled in a very professional manner. The counter employees were quick to re-assign seats and tried their best to accommodate every ones request. I have flown Air Canada twice in the last 2 months and have had an enjoyable experience both times. People need to realize that we are no longer in the Wardair days and that Air Canada is doing the best they can.

Air Canada customer review

YYC-FRA and back on the two-class 9-abreast 777-300ER. The seat was as comfortable as I've ever had in economy with sufficient legroom for me even in a standard row. Service was hit-or-miss. On the way over we had a very friendly cheerful crew but on the way back the flight attendants were very snappy and unbelievably inconsiderate to passengers that didn't speak English or French. The food was mediocre compared to the meals I got on the connecting FRA-MAD leg on Lufthansa which is sort of disappointing for a 9-hour flight versus a 2 hour flight. The selection of wine was worse than Iberia Regional offered on MAD-GRX no less. It's not a huge deal to me I didn't expect to eat and drink like a king but when you look at what other airlines are offering I can't help but feel embarrassed for my national airline. The IFE system was decent with a good variety of TV shows and movies. Unfortunately the in-flight map didn't work on the return segment but that's a very minor complaint. Overall I was fairly pleased with the experience compared to my previous experience with Air Canada within North America.

Air Canada customer review

Flew YVR-MUC on LH and LHR-YVR on AC in May 2014. Have flown BA long haul many times in last year mainly on old 747s. For a while AC had really improved their product making it better than BA. Not any more. The new AC high density 777-300 on the YVR-LHR route is awful In business the Pods are gone. The seat pitch is much reduced. The seat is poorly constructed and difficult to change position. The table is bizarre - spring loaded and very difficult to put back. The lie flat is not comfortable and has no privacy. You have to climb over the aisle passenger to get out. This is a serious serious downgrade and I cant see how they can compete against CX on the HKG route or BA to LHR. In economy its 3-4-3 which looked awful. Premium economy is 2-4-2. the centre rows look very cramped. I should add that the lounge at LHR is the SAS lounge which has very limited range of food/drinks. The staff however were very professional. Overall the experience was much poorer than LH's new business class on the A330. I wont use this plane again by choice. I'll be on BA or VS to LHR.

Air Canada customer review

Quickly loosing respect for this airline who seem to find or create loopholes to punish passengers for any kind of loyalty. I have status (Star Alliance Gold) and have issues every time I fly - from check-in staff being rude and to lying about seat availability for windows / exit rows on flights that have empty seats in both categories when you actually squeeze into your assigned middle seat and the limits for when food is free / paid for never seems to include delays on the tarmac - even when they are 5-6 hours long. They changed the rules last year to achieve status and after it was achieved... they changed the rules and benefits again so upgrades that were free in January cost $1000 for Europe flights in February - it's like they have no respect for passengers.

Air Canada customer review

April 29 2014 AC 8534 Thunder Bay to Toronto. AC 610 Toronto to Halifax May 2 2014. AC 619 Halifax to Toronto. AC 8545 Toronto to Thunder. I just had the most miserable trip to Halifax from Thunder Bay with Air Canada. I flew from Thunder Bay to Toronto in the most uncomfortable seats imaginable in the back row while the plane was full with Air Canada staff flying in their aisle seats. In Toronto apparently paying for your seat is not enough. I did not have a pre-booked seat so that meant I was a second class citizen due no courtesy or respect from the Air Canada ticket attendant who didn't even want to speak to me until everyone else was on the plane. While I flew in a seat marked "Crew" in the back of the plane in the middle seat again the flight was full of Air Canada staff. I have flown my last flight with them.

Air Canada customer review

ZRH-YYZ on an A330. Pros: Seat was very comfortable in terms of cushion width and leg room (though I understand the seats tend to be a bit larger on the A330 than other AC aircraft). Flight was on time aircraft was clean FAs were friendly enough. Cons: Food was downright awful - main meal was very dry pasta with red sauce snack before landing was a completely flavorless chicken wrap. IFE had decent selection but played a 2-minute run of advertisements before playing each selection. Comes across as very tacky. Overall a fairly average long-haul economy flight.

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-LHR was rebooked by BA on to this flight as their flight was cancelled due to a bird strike. Check-in very straightforward. Used the Maple Leaf lounge in Terminal 1 close to the E gates. Spacious comfortable lounge but no hot options for breakfast apart from a very sticky oatmeal porridge. Flight was on a B767 with a herring bone 1-1-1 configuration. It felt both spacious and private. The crew were engaging and very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast omelette was rather nice. IFE of a good quality but using the headphones was fiddly because you had to put on the sponge ear covers yourself! Seats are lie flat and quite comfortable-managed a nap of a couple of hours. The serving of lunch was delayed by some turbulence over the Atlantic. The Captain was very reassuring especially as he asked the FAs to be seated as well for about 30 mins. Good choice of champagne and 2 whites and 3 reds. There was a choice of 3 mains-all looked tasty. Arrival was shambolic because of the immigration computer glitch-baggage was waiting when I got to the carousel. Generally very impressed with my first experience of AC Executive Class.

Air Canada customer review

We took two fights one from Calgary to Frankfurt and one from Heathrow back to Calgary. Both flights were fantastic. Staff at check-in and onboard were friendly and courteous. We had many choices for meals black cod and a fatty cut of lamb were not prepared to our taste. The beef and the pasta were much tastier dishes. Thankfully fresh salad/balsamic dressing has been part of the business meal for a few years. Tasty desserts/cheese plates ensure that no one will starve. The pods are a comfortable way to travel and we always manage to have 4-5 hours of sleep. There's ample storage for shoes iPads etc plus a big bin overhead. There was a large selection of old and new movies to watch. The kit with travel amenities is fantastic on the way to Europe but of poor quality on the way back.