Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

Travelled AC 001-002 YYZ-NRT B777-300. Two class layout with the classic pods herringbone layout. Always love these layouts. Flew round trip June 5-11. Everything was excellent. Always impressed by AC service. Went to bed as soon as we took off and opted for the dine on demand service instead of the regular meal service. Crew made sure everything stayed warm until I was ready to eat. The food was great for 35000ft up. Bar service always great never have to worry about not having anything to drink. Usual breakfast before landing was so so. Only recommendation would be to time the meals for the time of day. We landed at 5PM continental breakfast at 3pm isn't exactly exciting but its better than nothing. Crew were fantastic always attentive asking if they could you anything else. Seats super comfy. Air Canada just introduced a new duvet and pillow with the launch of the 787 and they are super comfy. All in all great product.

Air Canada customer review

May 28 AC 854. June 5 AC 855. For many years I have preferred Air Canada for my several flights a year between Vancouver and London. After a trip on their newly configured 777-300 with 10 abreast economy seating never again regardless of price. The absolute worst seating ever encountered. There are options and I shall use them.

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-NRT on 77W (2-class i.e. older) AC2 on 15 June. Return leg from earlier NRT-YYZ flight on 31 May. Again another full flight so I couldn't change my seat in the rear. Thankfully for good weather in Toronto that day the flight actually departed early and landed more than 30 minutes earlier at NRT! Staff service was pleasant. Food was again above expectations: the chicken with couscous was great! Unfortunately the plane that day was out of potable water (only bottled water) hence no hot beverages or cup noodles could be served - disappointment. Thankfully in-flight entertainment was better than on NRT-YYZ: volume or sound system was still not reliable - conversation too soft but background music too loud. But the variety of movies was good managed to catch up on old movies that I've been wanting to watch but missed. Kudos also to a particular flight attendant (should have gotten her name she was also serving us on my NRT-YYZ leg) who provided me with Tylenol for my headache when I asked her at the end of my flight. By and large a good flight besides minor quibbles. I sure hope they keep up the good work.

Air Canada customer review

AC 849 LHR to YYZ. June 13 2014. Seat 50K. Do not pay the extra $90 for this seat. It is a terrible seat the only benefit being it has legroom. Everything else about it is uncomfortable from being scrunched into the corner to no window to tray table and TV being in the side of the seat thus narrowing it. Armrests do not lift. It is by the galley and the washrooms so lots of traffic. Staff were indifferent rushed and not overly friendly. Food was the usual economy stodge loads of carbs not much else. I had the chicken which comprised a dried out 2 inch piece of chicken instant mashed potato and 2 tiny broccoli florets so overcooked as to be almost unrecognizable. Dinner tray included a rock hard roll no butter and unidentifiable salad offering. I used to think no airline could be worse than Air Transat but have now found a worthy replacement.

Air Canada customer review

I am a frequent traveller between Toronto and Orlando (at least twice a month). When Air Canada added this route to its Rouge system I knew I would have a problem. The seats in business class are terrible the food is awful and the legroom is non-existent. However the price for a business ticket remains the same! This is what happens when there is no other way to travel (business class) directly between Toronto and Orlando. The staff are helpful but they know with every flight most passengers will be disappointed. If you are trying to compete with discount airline charge discount prices. I pray that a competitor enter this route in the near future. I will move over immediately!

Air Canada customer review

We flew the Dreamliner from ZUR to YYZ on June 1st. Found the environment in the new 787 to be an improvement but wonder who at AC signed off on the configuration and details. On our flight alone we had a number of "spills" because the earphone cords come out of the forward seatback and cross the table (in both Y and Premium Y). Then there is the issue of the controls on top of the armrest that are constantly being touched either by your arm or the person to your side. Mid section washrooms should have been back 5 or more rows to balance 'demand' front and rear. Cabin staff were well aware of this after a week of operation and blamed Boeing - not their fault as each airline does their own interior. Have been on at least 6 other 787 aircraft from other carriers (AC's first is #160 that Boeing made) and the others did not have these faux pas. AC needs to address these issues ASAP as they have nearly 40 more 787 coming! Food was the worst I have endured in the past 2-3 on any carrier.

Air Canada customer review

I flew recently from Vancouver to LHR on a new style 777-300ER. The seats are crammed in nine across in Economy with minimal legroom in a way which Mr O'Leary of Ryanair would admire. The problem is that what may work on a short European hop does not on an almost 10 hour flight and the full plane was unbearably cramped. Avoid if you can. The food was terrible the Inflight Entertainment OK and the staff who did their best in impossible conditions friendly.

Air Canada customer review

AC856 YYZ to LHR. June 3 2014. Seat 31K absolutely horrendous. Do not fork out extra $90 for this seat. You are on window side but there is no window. Leg room is good but the exit door bulks out in front of you. It is by the galley and the washrooms so lots of traffic. It is also narrower than normal due to tray table and TV being in the side of the seat. You definitely feel scrunched into this seat. Food was the usual awful economy stodge all carbs no fresh veg or fruit. So called continental breakfast was a slab of cake! Staff were the usual harried and not friendly bunch intent on getting everyone fed and watered in as little time as possible. I wish Virgin flew this route to allow for some competition.

Air Canada customer review

Sitting at Ottawa airport one hour after flight was meant to have left. No announcements flight information boards useless. It would be nice if someone would at least let us know what was happening. I have learnt not to expect much from Air Canada but this plummets new depths. Wouldn't mind so much if this was a budget carrier but Air Canada is not the cheapest by any means.

Air Canada customer review

NRT-YYZ on 77W (2-class i.e. older) AC2 on 31 May. It was a full flight I wanted to change my seat from the rear but I couldn't. Thought that AC deserved a little more credit amidst all the negative reviews on Skytrax which did scare me a little. I guess in general where delays or problems don't occur AC probably performs fine. Staff service was pleasant (occasionally a little less friendly). Food was surprisingly better than I expected: food looked and tasted decent (maybe it's catering from NRT) we were rather well-fed (2 meals + instant noodles) drink runs conducted regularly. Seat comfort was alright: standard fare comparable to other airlines cant really complain especially when their new 77W product seems so much worse. Quibbles arise from the in-flight entertainment: mine worked fine but the volume or sound system was not good - volume was at maximum but sound was still terribly muffled (I could only hear half of the conversation while watching movies making movies with heavy narration un-watchable). Other quibbles include the (at least 20 minutes) delays on departure and the very shaky ride we had due to turbulence - I suspect my seated at the rear of the plane meant more shaking. Overall I guess there has to be a reason why they're a Skytrax 4-star airline and winner of Best Airline in North America for 4 years in a row? I sure hope my return journey YYZ-NRT remains like this or better.