Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

London Heathrow to Montreal 28 August 2014 Boeing 777-333ER C-FNNW. One of Air Canada's latest Triple Sevens equipped with their latest interior in economy with black leather seats and a very cramped 3-4-3 configuration. Very narrow seats uncomfortable but just OK for a 6.5 hour flight. The controller for the in-flight entertainment screen is now placed in the arm rest just where you lean your elbows causing lights and cabin call alerts all over the cabin. Little thought has been placed into the design of Air Canada's new economy cabin! Also my light control was turning on the incorrect light (obviously little testing of their systems on a new aircraft). Cabin attendants all old-timers and all very miserable but this is consistent with my experience of AC's transatlantic offering. Food - perhaps it is time they quit the hot food service! Still cannot believe this economy cabin design has actually entered service and other airlines that also employ the 3-4-3 configuration on the Triple are far more comfortable.

Air Canada customer review

Vancouver-Calgary-Grande Prairie and return Aug 24-27. Unlike recent ghastly experience with AC Rouge - this was all on regular line. Planes were on-time clean and crew were friendly and efficient. Maple Leaf Lounge in Calgary is being re-built but there was plenty of seating and the food and drinks just fine. A highlight on the GP-Calgary (5.00 flt) - a very friendly and funny FA. Two young chaps were using inappropriate language as they boarded and she (young FA with charm and humor and lovely French accent) reminded them of "language" around others. We all smiled and they complied and I was impressed with her. Very nice trip on all four legs.

(Hong Kong)

HKG-YVR. Each time I take Air Canada between Vancouver and some Asian destination I become increasingly frustrated with half of the staff's attitudes. It seems to me that some of these flight attendants tend to get easily frustrated towards Asian passengers. One flight attendant was lecturing me what I should and should not place in the overhead compartment (I really wish I just ignored her). Another major issue I have with the new seat design is the placement of the earphone plug which is located in front of us. It's extremely inconvenient to unplug it in and out all the time when a passenger next to you has to get up. Plus this is also one of the least comfortable economy seats I have sat on.

Air Canada customer review

24 July YWG-YYZ. I was leaving on an early morning flight on July 24 2014 and had a serious fall onto my face just as I was leaving for the airport. I arrived at the Air Canada check-in in pain and shock. I was greeted by the most caring and compassionate ticket agent who immediately called the medics. They got a wheelchair and ice packs for my face and accompanied me through customs after clearing me for travel with the on call doctor. They gave me extra ice packs for the flight to Toronto and the flight attendants gave me a bag of ice to rest my face in and constantly checked back to check my comfort. Empathic and caring flight attendants.

Air Canada customer review

Flight from Heathrow to Ottawa AC889 - myself and my husband and daughter. We had paid top prices to travel to visit family in Canada. On boarding the plane we were not greeted merely nodded at by a 'gentleman' who barely glanced at our boarding passes and said 'down there'! Not a great start and this attitude and lack of care or service continued throughout the flight. Not one of the cabin crew smiled during the whole flight - for which I was awake the whole time! Yes we were travelling economy class however we had paid premium prices for these flights! Very disappointing to be treated so poorly. As for the 'food' - words fail me!

Air Canada customer review

Our Air Canada flight to Barcelona August 8 and our return from Madrid August 21 were saddled with cancellations delays and very poor customer service. As the 8.50 flight was getting closer to departure time on the night of August 8 passengers were first told that the aircraft had not arrived while the crew had come in. Then we were told that there was no part and it was best to wait and be safe than sorry. By 10.30 additional staff came in and said that the part had arrived. After an hour of waiting close to midnight we learned there was no crew to fly and the flight was cancelled. The station manager came in with security and more staff. The manager said that all hotels in downtown Montreal were full booked thus no hotel for us. He however guaranteed that we would be flying the next day to Barcelona and that we could retrieve our luggage and AC staff will make sure that we are comfortable. There was not a single staff member around after customs so passengers who decided to sleep in the airport went around looking for benches and chairs to sleep on. Vouchers of course were handed over but in the beginning my sister and I were told of the following: no food will be served on the flight but would be available for purchase no re-routing to catch our tour and AC was not responsible if we missed our tour. All these actions on the part of Air Canada were well orchestrated and any questions from passengers was met with Security ready to handle any raising of voices. Our Air Canada saga however did not end in Barcelona. On the way back August 21 from Madrid again the 1.30 pm flight was moved to 3.00 pm. It was not difficult to figure out again the cause for delay. As more fresh looking passengers came in to join the 3 pm flight it was clear the delay was done to combine the 1 pm and 3 pm passengers. The delay caused us to miss the connecting flight in Toronto for Montreal our final destination. When we asked Air Canada customer service if we could take an earlier flight to Montreal we were told that our luggage had been checked in for the 10.30 flight to Montreal. We could not say anything to customer service only to find out that our luggage did not arrive in Montreal in spite of the nearly 3 hour window to load our luggage. As someone enticed to fly Air Canada's direct flight to Barcelona from Montreal this airline gave its passengers a sing song routine when all passengers like me wanted to know what is really happening with our flights. Air Canada should never forget that we paid the fare they asked for be it from a travel agent or online.

Air Canada customer review

YYC to Narita return: Horrible flight there. Checked in for my wife and I with seats together the night before. Somehow when we showed up at the airport the seats were separated. Managed to change 1 seat with a nice Japanese lady. Both inflight entertainment systems did not work. About 50% of the cabin had the same issues. How hard is it to test the system beforehand? Or upgrade to a system that works. On the way to Narita we were both stuck with the Japanese meal being at the back of the plane. Was awful. On the return flight back we managed to get seats in the front of the plane and had a much better meal. Still 1 out of 2 inflight systems did not work properly only a couple of movies worked. We were both a sleep/dosing when they served the breakfast ~2hrs from Calgary and were both woken up did it look like we wanted breakfast?

Air Canada customer review

I flew Air Canada from BOS-YYZ on 8/20/14 in economy class. FA's were friendly and the seats were very comfortable. Not that many movie choices but it is a short flight. On the way back there was a problem with my name during boarding (probably because I was an unaccompanied minor) and as an apology I got a free business class upgrade. The food was great and the seats were very nice. I recommend it.

Air Canada customer review

Flight AC 7439 was cancelled in LaGuardia no explanation. Put on another flight to YYZ and connection to Edmonton. Counter clerk printed out wrong boarding pass so had to return from security to get correct pass. Flight was late and arrived in YYZ with 30 minutes to clear customs grab bags drop off bags at domestic go through security and get to gate. No Air Canada representative anywhere in this process to assist in getting through quickly so we missed our flight. The counter clerk insinuated we should have asked for help. I asked the Baggage Clerk the Information Clerk the Customs Clerk and the Security Clerk. There was no Air Canada representative present anywhere during this process. I realize there may be a reasonable explanation for cancellations but we were given none. Worst part is that their Executives could care less so it goes from the top down as to the contempt they have for passengers. Air Canada will never see me or my family on one of their flights again.

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-YEG Full flight. Overall a great experience from web check in to early departure and early arrival. Great service by friendly cabin crew. Clean plane. Terminal 1 at YYZ easy to use. Air Canada has WestJet beat.