Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

Flew from Ottawa Airport today and had to endure an incredible line up at 0600 hrs because of two Sunwing flights which of course delayed the take off time. Add to this a de-icing debacle and on arrival at Toronto found my seat had been given away on my connecting flight even though I was 10 mins ahead of departure. Air Canada are buffoons and to put it short a disgrace to Canada. I will fly any other airlines before Air Canada.

Air Canada customer review

Flew on AC554 on 27 Dec. Flight was pretty good: YVR-LAX. My only complaint about this airline is the prices that are almost $1200 o/way for 2 adults / 2 children then $150 for baggage is a bit steep. Make sure your flight attendant doing PA's is able to speak clear English not broken English as it is very difficult to understand what they are saying. I would understand if we were on JAL or ANA not Air Canada. Truly disappointed.

(Cayman Islands)

Las Vegas to Calgary and return in December. Overall excellent. Planes spotless in flight entertainment great food (taste and presentation) was the best I have experienced on North American carriers Canadian wine offered a nice touch. Captains on both directions provided updates and information. Great flights.

Air Canada customer review

Flew out of Toronto on October 31 arriving in Abu Dhabi on 2nd November. Left Abu Dhabi on 23rd November and arrived 23rd November. After flying Air Canada once I can be sure I will not do it twice. The plane was far from clean at one point I lost my glasses and needed to lift the seat up to see if I had dropped my glasses under the seat I knew the dirtiness of the plane was not a fluke under the seat was filthy as well. The food was awful. Truly disappointed.

(Czech Republic)

Not entirely certain why Air Canada calls itself a legacy carrier. Flew New York Newark to Vancouver and then later on to Los Angeles. Payment for checked in luggage on an international flight is unacceptable. Offering no food (only for purchase) for a 6+ flight is unacceptable. Ground male staff in Vancouver (flight to LAX) was extremely rude and arrogant to most passengers including an elderly gentleman who was confused about payment for luggage. Planes are spotless and its a complete shame since the onboard crew were simply perfect with their service as well as attention to security (far superior to any US airline I used in the last 3 weeks on my USA/Canada tour). No value for money for sure. My future flights will be take in Asian/European carriers to ensure the full service that is expected as a standard.

Air Canada customer review

Never fly Rouge - I couldn't sit upright. I had to angle my legs for 3 hours because there was almost no space between seats. At check in they ding you $25 per bag so most people try to take it as hand luggage. That causes delays when loading passengers as size rules are not enforced. Plus pay for food and pay for entertainment. Nickel and diming at every turn. I am flying any other airline except this one.

Air Canada customer review

Charges for everything automated flight bookings with connections with 1 hour time mixed in with frequent delays hold shorts and breakdowns. Today I flew from Orlando first flight was Rouge with 40 minutes delay. Got to Toronto and ran for my life to get my checked bag and make my Ottawa flight staff were surprised I made it. Flight landed in Ottawa and had to change the gate first stuck In traffic for 20 mins than break problem for 30 meanwhile we had to put up with barking pets in cabin constant bilingual announcements and other annoying derails.

Air Canada customer review

We flew London to Quebec via Montreal and poor service began before we boarded the flight. We checked in online selected our seats printed our boarding passes checked our luggage in and when we got to the gate they told us we could no longer sit in our allocated seats. We specifically requested the seats as we were travelling with an infant. On the plane the seats are cramped the cabin staff generally unhelpful and rude insisting we take our full meal service even though we had an infant on our lap. As it was it didn't matter as the food was of a very poor standard. The inflight entertainment system clunky and limited choice the touch screen system not working effectively meant passengers behind constantly banging the screens and your seats trying to get the system to work. No seat belts are provided for infants either for take off or landing. This is an airline that seems to be operating a decade behind most others. I will never fly with them again. The trip from Montreal to Quebec was even worse but found out later it was not AC but Jazz.

Air Canada customer review

I fly usual once a year from Toronto via Munich to Izmir/Turkey. All flights have always been enjoyable and the Air Canada crew was just wonderful. Last August the same except: The food was lousy. I rather take my own food in the future. Returning to Toronto the crew did not have enough time to collect the trays and to hand out immigration papers. The crew make a flight a pleasure or a horror.

Air Canada customer review

AC should spend more to improve their food quality on international flights. On a recent trip to India the food served was below international standard on my trip from Germany we travelled with AC partner Lufthansa the food was good very good vs. AC bad. However the entertainment service is better with AC.