Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

Traveled with a group from YWG-YYZ-DFW in Economy. Slight delay in YWG due to weather but they made up time and only arrived 15 mins later than scheduled. Easy connection and on to DFW with AC Express fantastic crews both ways clean and comfortable E75's. Return departed DFW early and into YWG on time. Excellent experience crew were all friendly would gladly travel with AC again.

Air Canada customer review

I was flying Business Class from Ottawa to Montreal with an onward Business Class connection to Fort Lauderdale. For the first time I downloaded my boarding passes to my iPhone. I arrived at the 'bag drop' 45 minutes prior to departure. Admittedly at the point which Air Canada operate a 'cut off' of no more luggage. I had difficulty providing the electronic boarding pass so the extremely unhelpful 'attendant' pointed out my luggage could not be 'checked in'. No attempt to locate the booking at her desk no attempt to help me. 'Shameful on Air Canada' to employ unhelpful staff who seem to get pleasure from turning customers away. Reassuring for Air Canada and their shareholders that their staff have very little consideration for passengers especially those paying premium cabin fares. I will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada customer review

Nov 30th YOW-YYZ. Nov 30th YYZ-SEA. Such a poor service at the check-in counter. They have a couple of staff helping folks to drop off their bags and 3 staff members checking-in passengers and 4 staff members checking-in priority passengers. The regular passenger line was the longest and they took about 15-20 mins to check-in each passenger with 2 check-in bags. I stood in line for 40 mins - I was nervous about missing the flight. I went to priority check-in staff and asked if he could help me as my flight was in 60 mins. He was hesitant but the staff member next to him said "go back to your line" in a rude tone. They should definitely learn to speed up their process better yet learn some manners along the way. We do not expect great customer service but just do the job in the right way.

Air Canada customer review

Newark-Toronto-Sao Paulo. I was impressed with how punctual Air Canada was on these two segments. In fact it was announced at EWR it would be likely we'd even leave early. Arrivals at both points right on time. Onboard cabin in the E190 felt much more comfortable than the 777-200 down to Sao Paulo. Cabin crew were efficient and polite on both sectors though not particularly warm on the longer overnight. Except for the Brazilian crew member who was all smiles and bubbly. Seat cushioning was a little hard and made it hard to sleep comfortably. Service quick meals average. Crew were present throughout the flight with water runs. I liked that there was On demand IFE even on the shorter segment but what isn't fun is how long it takes to fast forward the numerous ads to get to what you actually want to watch. Coupled with a slightly outdated interface and laggy response - you almost feel like not using the system at all after a while. However the selection was pretty good and varied. Time for an upgrade though - faster and higher res screens would be great.

Air Canada customer review

YEG-YYZ Oct 2013 and YYZ-YEG Oct 2013. Both segments were on-time and overall great experiences. The IFE is top- notch staff service was great and overall a very professional service. But a little frustrating that people that upgrade with points get service before people that pay for the ticket. When I was flying to Brazil it was not this way.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Air Canada customer review

I am currently still at the airport. We were scheduled to fly to Calgary today at 8 am. We arrived at the airport 45 minutes prior to departure. We were told that the flight was closed and that we would have to be put on a later flight. They charged us an additional $150 per person to get on the later flight. That flight was delayed 3 times. We try to find an Air Canada employee several times in order to try to change our travel arrangements but no one was interested in speaking to us. No one was able to tell us why there was a delay. We did not know whether it was weather or equipment related. The level of customer service we experienced today is brutal. Any other for-profit business would be fail if they provided this level of customer service. I will never fly with Air Canada again.

Air Canada customer review

My son/college student booked a 7.30 pm flight from Rochester NY to Montreal QC via Toronto 11/26/13. Arrived at airport at 4 pm found counter unattended told that flight had been canceled. No notification via text/email/phone call. So stranded at airport. After several phone calls - with him calling and waiting over 1/2 hr to be connected then calling me for advice and me in California trying to help him I got on the phone. After 1/2 hr got connected and agent said nothing can be done and that my son's rebooked for next day. They wouldn't rebook on any other airline w/o Air Canada flight numbers even though United and USAir are partners in the Star Alliance. What I'm most upset about is the no notification of cancellation - agent checked and said system shows "text not sent". He talked to supervisor and found out that the system attempted to send a text to my son at 2 pm when the flight was canceled but the text did not go through. For such an important notification as a cancellation and you don't attempt to reach customer.

Air Canada customer review

I have been travelling with this airline since I moved to Canada 13 years ago. The staff remain 'frumpy' 'dealing' sandwiches seats unsuitable for a 6'3" rugby player. Invariably its gates are miles from the concourse. The check-in staff rarely appear pleased to see you. I was flying AC on Black Friday (when power failed on the eastern seaboard). Diverted into Montreal there were the BA and Air France staff marshalling their passengers to coaches to take them to their overnight hotels. Air Canada? When we eventually found someone all they shouted was "get inventive on your cell phones people'. Having slept on the floor the next morning the AC bookings system was down and would be "for 24 hours". I paid for another flight. The food is boring expensive and often stale.

Air Canada customer review

We flew from Paris to Montreal in the newly reconfigured business class and were amazed. We loved the new seats so comfortable modern and top of the line. Service and food were a delight they've come a long way.

Air Canada customer review

I recently travelled from Calgary by Air Canada. to Salt Lake City through Houston Texas. The flight attendants could not have been more helpful and pleasant. My connection at Houston was tight. Unknown to me they arranged for me to move to the front of the plane so I could be one the first to get off. I was in a wheelchair. The airport worker in Houston dropped the ball and did not take me to my next gate as arranged. As a result I missed my connection and had to wait until the next day to get to Salt Lake City. Air Canada had I felt gone out of their way for me.