Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

YYC-NRT we were lucky to get upgraded on this near empty flight and very much enjoyed the premium perks Business Class on AC had to offer Seats were comfortable mood lighting eased jet lag and food was spectacular.

Air Canada customer review

I am a Million Miler who flies business on long haul with AC. The angle pod seats were a great addition some time ago and provided business passengers with a feeling of value for money-true lay flats reasonable privacy etc. I cannot understand why AC would want to screw this all up with the new high density layouts in both business and economy-the business seats are resulting in mass complaints and mass desertions to other airlines. They downgraded their product to Hong Kong (in economy there are two or three fewer washrooms for 100 more passengers line ups a mile long the toilets are backing up as they are not designed for this volume of passengers. I have never in all my years heard more angry passengers than the Honk Kong to Vancouver AC passengers in any class. For a crass money grab on these routes AC is risking a big revenue loss to Japan airlines Cathay and other Asian airlines and on Europe runs to British Air and others even Lufthansa. This high density move is a complete disaster on the 777's and AC should reconsider. For those of us in the air a lot this change of equipment downgrade is a real choice maker.

Air Canada customer review

Flew AC 883 CPH-YYZ you certainly get back what you give on AC. I always decide to treat the crew like gold smiles and thank you and you get that back. AC 883 was about half full to very lucky to have two seats aisle and window all to myself. I greeted the crew with smiles and they immediately offered my double food two desserts and about an hour later one member brought me a tray with bread and cookies I immediately went to the back and thanked them again. Flight was an ageing 767 but saviour these old birds as you'll never again get the incredibly comfy 2-3-2 configuration again on the 777's and 787's. My one complained on these old planes is the seating near the exit rows gets extremely cold colder then when these planes were new.

Air Canada customer review

LHR-YYZ. On-time departure with arrival 10 mins early in Toronto. Flight crew was friendly and generally efficient but disappeared to the galley for a long period during the middle of the flight. Food was average wine was good. Business class seat wasn't very comfortable and is oriented away from the window. IFE was OK but doesn't compare well to some other long haul carriers (although it has got slightly better).

Air Canada customer review

High Density 777-300 YYZ-YVR treated myself to an upgrade to Premium Economy and I must say I was extremely happy after seeing the cattle-car arrangement just behind me. PE is great! Seats are huge like domestic Executive Class on A320's A319's and A321's on AC but only if the upgrade is offered relatively cheap. My one complaint is that there should be a curtain divider between PE and economy and the cabin doesn't feel separated or intimate and noise and crowds spill over into PE. AC's new EnRoute system is a high upgrade over the old high-rez monitors much easier interface and improved maps. Seats are large leather arm-chairs same as Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic small footrest and small cocktail table in armrest. The economy 3-4-3 is just totally unacceptable to a North American consumer who are typically much larger than in other parts of the world. At baggage claim the complaints were loud people all around me talking of the horrid cramped conditions seats that don't breath and suffering passengers. AC get rid of this product it's horrid!! I will avoid at all costs it's no way to treat a human being. I can only imagine this product on a 13 hours HKG trip.

Air Canada customer review

Flew from YWG to OGG via YYC. Air Canada Express leg from YWG-YYC. Gate agent paged me and offered an exit row instead of my originally assigned Y class seat which was beside a mother and infant. Loved that the gate agent was so thoughtful. Last Minute upgrade purchased from YYC-OGG at an additional cost of $700. Enjoyed the flatbed for the 7 hr flight. Service was OK. Once meal service had concluded J class passengers would have to ask for whatever they wanted by accessing the forward galley were the crew congregated. No moving map on either flight however both flights operated onetime. Confirmed with crew that this may be the last season Air Canada mainline operates to Hawaii as Air Canada Rouge will take over this flying which will not offer flatbed seating. Flew back on United from HNL-YWG via ORD as AC fares for a Y class ticket one way was in excess of $700.00. Purchased a First Class ticket on United for $860.00 was served dinner and breakfast and had no charge for checked bags. Beverage glasses were never left unfilled and water glasses were even topped up while passengers slept. No need to venture to the galley to ask for anything.

Air Canada customer review

My husband and I returned to Toronto from Tokyo on Air Canada yesterday. Our trip to Southeast Asia was with Eva Air. We were fortunate enough to fly Business Class (on points) both ways. The similarity ends there. Eva Air was the height of travel luxury - Air Canada definitely was not. From the so-called Welcome Onboard we knew things were different. With the exception of 2 flight attendants on AC the others were diffident at best one of the flight directors downright rude. It seemed that they couldn't wait to get home. Our flight map didn't work. We were told "too bad'. One of the BC washrooms was out of service from the beginning of the flight. Of course it was helpful to be able to lie flat but the beds were not very comfortable the quilt looked and felt as if it came from Walmart and the travel kit was just okay. The remaining two washrooms were tiny and poorly maintained. As for the food - the lamb dinner was floating in grease the beans were overcooked and the meal was inedible. As for the so-called Business Class service it needs a major overhaul.

Air Canada customer review

The new business class cabin on Vancouver to Hong Kong is a big downgrade. The seats go down under the armrests of the seats in front of you so you lie in a narrow casket-shaped space - your legs can't move up and down at all but the part of the lid over you chest and face is open. When the passengers put their seats back up it literally looks like vampires rising out of caskets. It's very cramped and there's no privacy. The herring bone pods were worth the money to me - you got a smidgen of privacy. The new configuration is back to 2 across (ex for a few singleton seats that are always gone already) so you have someone breathing at you from a foot away that you have to crawl over to get to the aisle. I will look for other airlines where AC uses this cabin.

Air Canada customer review

Just flew Air Canada Rouge (Toronto to Montego Bay) for the first time. Had heard horror stories and read the reviews about them so took nothing to chance. We took our own food to eat (which we have done for years with regular Air Canada) and had movies on our laptop to watch rather than the common movie which was being shown on the plane. I had also downloaded their entertainment app on my iPod in advance so could watch their entertainment system as well. Flight down was delayed leaving for about half hour and flight back slightly delayed. Took advantage of their single cart service when it was offered for soft drinks but other than that didn't ask for anything. The flight itself was no worse than some regular Air Canada flights I have taken and we were fortunately we were able to get the bulk head (at an extra cost) so had sufficient leg room. Overall was satisfied with the flight because I expected nothing from them other than flying me to my destination.

Air Canada customer review

YYZ to YYC on Feb 14 and back the following day in economy. Both flights operated by 320 Airbus with plenty of legroom good entertainment and decent enough buy on board. I recognize AC is not everyone's favourite airline but I have rarely if ever at all had any major problems. One thing though: I would fly neither Rouge nor the new 777's with ten abreast seating.