Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

YVR to LHR return. Both flights quite satisfactory even with 100% full plane on return trip. All staff keen and some put out real effort. Two issues: Very poor food on return trip. Not really edible at all and the plane was a few minutes late in LHR with getting a landing slot. We went merrily to the Maple Leaf arrivals lounge for a shower and a bit of food after the flight. We got there at 12.45 and was told it was closed for showers and limited for food. It says it closes at 1.30 and we thought there was plenty of time for both. Staff were lifeless. Very disappointing.

Air Canada customer review

We recently were on a flight from Los Cabos BCS Mexico to Toronto. We departed Mexico just after noon for our 5 hour flight. Not long after take off the staff proceeded to sell food. We were seated towards the rear of the plane and therefore expected to have slim pickings from the menu. We did not expect a total sell out of meals. We had a choice of a few snack items such as chocolate bar chips twizzlers and nuts. According to staff they sold out after 1st class and had to even sell off staff meals. I think it's unacceptable that the airline cannot better predict the amount of meals that are required for a 5 hour flight.

Air Canada customer review

I travelled from Toronto to Sydney via Vancouver. Vancouver to Sydney is the longest journey possible. I had many choices through the US but I decided against it and I bought a ticket that was more expensive than other airlines. My experience was horrible. Food was bad staff were rude and I even tried to upgrade and they said that it was not allowed. Last but not the least I strongly recommend other airlines for long distance travel.

Air Canada customer review

Los Angeles - Vancouver full Embraer E190 was a very pleasant flight despite the time late at night. The service was great and very friendly. Overall the aircraft was good and fairly new with spacious seats arrangements of 2 and 2 and great entertainment system (though the TV's could use a bit of improvement). Onboard cafe was overall normal and the menu selection was good. The terminal's Air Canada operated out of were efficient and my bags came out very fast. Turn around time was fast. Things that need improving the plane needed to be a bit cleaner and the boarding lines need to be organized more. But Overall it was one of the best airline experience I had on a trans- continental flight.

Air Canada customer review

LAX-YYV-CDG on 14 March. Check in good rapid friendly. Boarding take off smooth appreciated the idea of rear passenger loading first saves all the usual hassle why don't others do it after Business of course! Negative was the fact that the "domestic" classed flight from LAX to YYV which takes almost 5 hrs - no food was available most of the snacks neither. Very poor considering I had 3 children and 5 hrs is not short. Later on the YYV-CDG leg food was poor and "breakfast" was a slice of banana bread...do they think we are all monkeys? Poor and the main reason I will avoid AC in the future even the Canadian Air Transat does better. Flight was otherwise ok staff not overly friendly or young; have done this route regular with Air France KLM United Delta and Lufthansa.

Air Canada customer review

1.5 hours late in leaving London to Vancouver. Not a great deal of information during this wait onboard. Seat uncomfortable with recline not working. Entertainment system broke down but was fixed eventually after a re-boot. Food virtually inedible slop. Staff uninterested and unwelcoming. Return Kamloops to Vancouver to London. Ate at Kamloops as had a delay which was just as well as the food was again disgusting on the long haul flight. Have used this Airline to get to Sun Peaks ski resort for the last 10 years as it is difficult to travel with any other 'joined up' airline with times to suit. i.e. Air Canada to Vancouver then Jazz to Kamloops. Value service and catering all deteriorating. Will most definitely attempt to travel with another airline if possible. Very disappointing.

Air Canada customer review

YYC-NRT we were lucky to get upgraded on this near empty flight and very much enjoyed the premium perks Business Class on AC had to offer Seats were comfortable mood lighting eased jet lag and food was spectacular.

Air Canada customer review

AC 846 YYZ-MUC Mar 10. Flight delayed 5 hours due to mechanical then a string of other problems requiring change of aircraft and change in pilots. Missed connecting flight to MAD resulting in arrival 8 hours late. Air Canada provided a $10 Meal Voucher as a 'goodwill' token. Cheapest sandwich at Pearson Airport $12.99. Return flight MUC-YYZ AC 847 March 14 delayed 2.5 hours. Ground crew couldn't load a pallet properly. Delays understandable but attitude unacceptable.

Air Canada customer review

Purchased tickets in October to Mayan Riviera for trip on Feb 13 2014. Paid for extra room seats picked up tickets 2 weeks ahead of time and when checking tickets found our seats had been taken away. No explanation as to why we lost our seats and were put in the cattle car section and were told if we didn't like it we could cancel. I I am a senior and was told I should have checked ahead to see if changes were made. I guess I will try and fly with a different airline.

Air Canada customer review

Outward: LHR-YVR (8/3/2014) and Inward: YVR-LHR (16/3/2014). Travelled Air Canada after 7 years and noticed some significant improvements in aircraft interiors and entertainment. Online check-in was simple as was baggage drop. Leg space is below par compared to a BA (for example). Staff service is brusque (no smiles) and food is woeful. How can you serve one hot meal of pasta and then another after 7 hours of just dry cake on a 9 hour flight is mind boggling. Will not fly them if I can help it.