Air Canada

"will not give us our money back"

Not Verified | We booked a ticket from Edmonton to Rome for May 2020 that we saved 2 years to be able to go, now Air Canada as cancelled the tickets and they will not give us our money back only a credit. We are both in our 60’s and not working right now due to this virus, we need that money to live. But unfortunately, Air Canada does not care and as no compassion and will not do a refund. This is my money I should have the legal right to decide if and when I want to travel. Air Canada I always thought you were the best, but I will do nothing but bad mouth from this day forward in any way I can.
RouteEdmonton to Rome
Date FlownApril 2019

"thanked for their efforts"

Not Verified | Air Canada flew an empty plane to Cancun last week to provide passage home to a number of people, including my wife and me, stranded in Mexico. The flight from Cancun to Toronto was only half full. While AC did not make any money on this flight, they are certainly to be thanked for their efforts on our behalf. Well done to our national airline. We were certainly grateful that you came, got us and delivered us safely back to Canada. Thank you, Merci beaucoup!
RouteCancun to Calgary via Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I did not get my luggage"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Philadelphia. I had to go on a business trip on March 19, 2020. when I got my boarding pass in Toronto, they told me that I would receive my bag in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, when I arrive there I did not get my luggage, I had my laptop, iPad and other necessary stuff in it. I was in the airport the whole day, and even the next day my bag was not there. They were very rude, and I had to cancel my trip and come back to Toronto since I was not able to continue my trip without my belongings. I received my bags after six days with my lock broken and belongings were mixed ups. I am very disappointed in the customer service and service provided by Air Canada.
RouteToronto to Philadelphia

"Self serving policies"

Not Verified | Toronto to Vienna. I am Super Elite with Air Canada. I fly over 100,000 miles a year each year. Air Canada cancelled half of my flight (from Toronto to Vienna) but not the return flight. I called Super Elite desk to address the issue. The person on the phone just kept reading their new policies they put in place and giving me regular answers, I've asked to speak to the manager. Manager called me within and hour. I have explained my situation to the manager and it was silent. I thought may be call got disconnected. I have asked if anyone is still here to what manager was very rude, unprofessional. The manager replied: "I was waiting till you will be finally done talking". I was shocked. I didn't say anything. He didn't say nothing for over a minute. I then told him that I am taping his silence, waste of time and horrible treatment of other people. He screamed so loudly how dare I to tape him. Called me names and hung up. It is perfectly legal in Canada for me to tape a call. It is also helpful because when I called back Air Canada they said they will not give me even the name of who I spoke to. I paid money for service. It wasn't delivered. Why should they get to keep my money during this time. A big company keeps money of people who need it now more than ever. What a horrible company. Self serving policies.
RouteToronto to Vienna
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they were still able to put a somewhat decent service together"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Hong Kong. First things first, I flew business class after Covid-19 measures were implemented, so I came in expecting reduced cabin service, and that was what I got. That being said, even with all the precautionary measures, I was surprised that they were still able to put a somewhat decent service together. Air Canada uses the B/E Aerospace (Now Collins Aerospace) Super Diamond seats, which arrange passengers in a reverse herringbone configuration. It's a pretty standard product, though I must say I really like the colour scheme that Air Canada uses. It just looks really clean and the colours contrast nicely. Due COVID-19, I requested the upgrade to business as a precautionary measure, and I wasn't disappointed. Even with reduced cabin services, it was still a nice experience. Sure, there's no pillow or bar service- they've warned about this on their website, but as it turned out, when they said they would be serving pre-packaged meals, all they meant was that they weren't going to plate your meal for you. It was still business quality (veal from Hawksworth), but they simply didn't give you that picture perfect plating that is so greatly appreciated. Despite the lack of a pillow, the seats were still quite comfortable, though it could still do with more lumbar support, and the lack of a pillow made the sleeping position a tad awkward because my head was dipped backwards even with the power adjustable headrest. Service could admittedly be a bit more polished, though to be fair, part of this definitely has to do with the COVID-19 precautions. I should probably try upgrading again when this blows over. I do appreciate how quiet the cabin was, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the food quality was not compromised as a result of their infection control measures.
RouteVancouver to Hong Kong
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Air Canada were pretty good"

Not Verified | We flew out Heathrow - Calgary return, Calgary - Kelowna and Castlegar - Calgary. Air Canada were pretty good (apart from dealing with my wife's lactose intolerence Business Class). Having used their On My Assistance this worked really well when we were stuck an extra night in Castlegar and promised an overnight food allowance. So having paid in UK pounds and Canadian Dollars why pay this compensation by a US Dollar cheque. This will cost a lot to cash here in England.
RouteCastlegar to Calgary
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not good enough"

Not Verified | Toronto to Palm Springs. Due to what is happening in the world at the moment (COVID 19), Air Canada cancels the flight and refuses to give a full refund. Other airlines are doing it, this nonsense "oh you will have a credit" is not good enough! People cannot afford their bills, no one needs to be having credit with your company during a pandemic! How selfish of this company, they are holding onto our money like little kids. Have some respect for everyone during this time of need and do the right thing! I will never fly with them ever again, how disgusting!!
RouteToronto to Palm Springs
Date FlownApril 2019

"Air Canada would not refund our tickets"

Trip Verified | Due to what is happening in the world at the moment (COVID 19), we had to cancel our flight as Canada's borders were closed to non residents. Air Canada would not refund our tickets. The only option given to us was a credit which had to be used by 31st December 2020 (return flight completed by this date). We had friends who were travelling to Canada on different airlines at the same time. They all received a full refund (from Qantas, Air New Zealand, Virgin and Hawaiian). They either received a full refund or a credit to be used up to 12 months from cancellation.
RouteBrisbane to Kelowna via Vancouver
Date FlownMarch 2020

"service was limited due to the outbreak"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Brisbane. Our Skiing holiday in Canada our holiday was cut short by the start of the Corona Virus outbreak. We boarded the flight to be told the service was to be limited due to the outbreak. No drinks were offered and when dinner was served and a drink offered the choices were boxed apple or orange juice or water. I asked for a glass of wine to be told that hadn’t I heard the announcement. Next I asked for a tea or coffee same response no because of the corona virus I inquired what the virus had to do with this and was not answered. There was no choice of meal and the food served to me was disgusting. Eventually the meal was removed so I asked if I could have a blanket to be told again no and hadn’t I heard the announcement.
AircraftBOEING 787-8
RouteVancouver to Brisbane
Date FlownMarch 2020

"we really do appreciate doing this"

Trip Verified | Munich to Toronto. We were in Europe (Germany) on vacation and due to the situation had to cut our trip short. We were not able to leave Germany as borders closed around us and we felt we needed to go back to Canada. We did have to pay $400 per person extra (family of 5) and that was unfortunate. A huge thank you to all the staff at check in and on the plane. You helped us get home safe and treated us very well even though the circumstances were not great. We want you to know that we really do appreciate doing this. Please don’t get knocked down by all the negative comments, no one knew this would happen and we are in this together. Thank you again from the Linde family especially to the staff on AC 847 from Munich to Toronto March 20!!!
RouteMunich to Toronto