Air Canada

"connecting flight to Edmonton was gone"

Trip Verified | This is not the first time i got delayed by this Air Canada. They are very inconsiderate and do no care about their passengers. They give lame excuses as if they care yet they plan ahead. They mention that there is a technical issue of the plane. We had to wait and wait and by the time we got to Montreal, the connecting flight to Edmonton was gone. We were bungled up and were taken to a hotel where we were turned back because there were no room! Its so frustrating. Air Canada needs to improve their services and customer care.
RouteChicago to Edmonton via Montreal
Date FlownJuly 2021

"phone operator was phenomonal"

Not Verified | The service I received from a phone operator for Air Canada was phenomonal. His name was Aaron and he was so compassionate as I dealing with a step Dad and Poppy to my kids getting ready to pass away. I very much need to be there for my Mom and he understood that and helped make changing my flights so much easier. Thank you Aaron, you are my angel today and the stress that has been lifted off of me feels so good. I will pay it forward for sure.
RouteEdmonton to Deer lake
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Covid test I had taken was unacceptable"

Not Verified | I recently made reservations for a flight from Toronto to Newark on June 30th. My original reservation was for 230pm and arriving in Newark at 401pm. My flight was cancelled while sitting on the plane waiting for it to takeoff. The reason for the cancellation was "a tornado warning." Meanwhile in Newark it was 98 degrees and sunny. Everyone from that flight was made to stand on a long line while waiting on ONE customer service representative to attend to the 100 plus people from my flight and trying to assist an additional 50 plus people that had flights to other destinations. Needless to say the 50 plus people that had flights to other destinations were attended to while myself and the passengers that had been deplaned were told after an hour to come back tomorrow because our flight had been postponed to 8am the following day (July 1st). We had made reservations to drive from Newark to Ocean City MD for a two night stay but due to Air Canada we did not make it and we were only able to enjoy half a day and a one night stay and due to it being the Fourth of July no extensions were being offered. So we basically payed $400 for a room and extra for a flight with no compensations. On July 6th at 8am I boarded a United flight from Philadelphia to Washington with and hour and half stop over in Washington where I was boarding an Air Canada flight at 1030am to Toronto. When I went to check in for my flight to Toronto I was told that the Covid test that I had taken was unacceptable and I was required to have a PCR test in order to board any flight to Canada. So I missed the 1030am flight, and went downstairs to get a rapid PCR test done. $250 USD later I received a negative PCR test and made my way back to the Air Canada counter to see if I was able to get on a later flight. When I approached the Air Canada counter the gentleman rudely tried to give me a card with Air Canada's Customer service number (that I have been trying to call for days to find out information regarding Covid testing) I told him "please don't try to give me that number you know that no one answers that phone." He went to the back to supposedly speak to someone and then quickly came back to me and stated "We have another flight at 430pm but we are fully booked so we cannot help you. Anyways you should try United because it is their fault for allowing you on that flight this morning with the wrong test." Long story short, I went over to the United counter and the gentleman who I believe was the supervisor, stated to me that he would "try his best to put me on a flight to Toronto." He got me on the United flight from Washington to Toronto at 545pm, which I am grateful for.
RouteToronto to Philadelphia

"Seats are uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Please avoid Boing 787-9 for long flights. Seats are uncomfortable and plane is really crowded. You get bumped by trollies due to narrow aisles. Staff is ok but my food lacked taste and freshness.
RouteToronto to Doha
Date FlownMarch 2021

"agents did not pay attention to detail"

Trip Verified | I flew business class on Air Canada from Newark to Doha via Toronto. I was connecting to my favorite airline, Qatar. I was looking forward to the service. However, AC was terrible. Check in at EWR was hectic. The agents did not pay attention to detail and gave me boarding passes belonging to someone else. Not a huge deal. My flight arrived to Toronto late and I arrived at the gate just as they were calling for final boarding. I went to the agent and gave her all of the documentation she asked for without comment as I was catching my breath. At the end of it all, she said, "you could be nicer you know" I asked what her problem was and that I had given her everything that she asked for and that she was not particularly nice either. The flight was terrible for business class. They had one menu with no options. The dinner was good, but breakfast was inedible. The seat was very comfortable and the flight attendants friendly. However, Air Canada has taken cost cutting in business class to a low. I connect to Qatar on a five hour flight. They had numerous menu options and better good. It is interesting how North Americans want to complain about the Middle Eastern carriers and their subsidies. However, the North American carriers get subsidies as well. Where they can't compete is service. If I am spending over $3000 on a business class ticket, and my choices are Air Canada or a Middle Eastern carrier, I would be a fool to spend my money on Air Canada. I wrote Air Canada and almost 4 weeks later have been given the courtesy of a response.
RouteNewark to Doha via Toronto
Date FlownApril 2021

"by far the worst airline in the world"

Not Verified | Air Canada is by far the worst airline in the world. They sold multiple passengers seats on flights they don’t exist and left multiple passengers stranded in Toronto. I don’t understand how they can be in business when they defraud all their passengers.
RouteIstanbul to Raleigh via Toronto
Date FlownMay 2021

"in-flight crew were both attentive and professional"

Trip Verified | Booked on-line a same day/one-way flight from Ottawa to Toronto on Easter Sunday. On-line booking and seat selection was normal although when the booking was made (just after lunch), there was only one flight for the remainder of the day. Booked a seat in Economy class and upgraded to Business Class on check-in at the airport. Security was moderately busy but once again, CATSA screening staff at Ottawa Airport were disinterested and not helpful (showed my boarding pass and was motioned to join the long economy queue, asked if that was the business line and then was motioned to join mid-way rather than being directed to the priority queue). After security, walked to the gate (Maple Leaf lounge at Ottawa is currently closed) and boarding was just commencing. Boarded quickly onto the Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft and found my upgraded seat (4A) without issue. Flight departed on schedule. In-flight service consisted of a box lunch/snack along with a small water bottle, bag of pretzels, ear buds, promotional flyer about cleanliness protocols and sanitizing wipes. Seat was comfortable and in-flight crew were both attentive and professional. Flight arrived early and taxi in to the gate was quick. Disembarkation was efficient and I was able to exit the terminal to meet my ride without issue.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX 8
RouteOttawa to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2021

"My experience with Air Canada has been horrible"

Not Verified | My experience with Air Canada has been horrible. Very rude customer representatives on the phone and at the airport. On the flights is a different story. This morning of April 2021, I called to get information on how to change my flights due to the changes Covid has made. I was told to contact the airline Qatar Airways to make the changes. Furthermore he said, “the changes made is not Air Canada’s problem, it’s your problem”. I will never again fly with Air Canada. WestJet, I’d rather take their service for my future travels.
RouteVancouver to Montreal
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"refuses to refund my money"

Trip Verified | Upon arrival at Heathrow I requested an upgrade to business class as I had tripped on the escalator and hurt my back. I paid for my upgrade. In the business class cabin there was NO social distancing even though it was only one third full. The passengers behind me refused to wear their masks. The flight attendant requested they do so, at least 3 times. The electronics at my seat were not in working order and I kept drawing this to the attention of the attendant. I paid a lot of money for this upgrade and Air Canada refuses to refund my money. The people that refused to wear their masks were moved to a 2nd business class cabin and they had it all to themselves. They wouldn't even move me to a working seat.
RouteLondon to Edmonton via Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Air Canada is truly a despicable airline"

Not Verified | Air Canada is truly a despicable airline. The reviews of the Customer Support Team are incredibly low, and unfortunately, I have to agree with them. The support members are rude with an attitude, and the entire experience with the airline has been putrid from start to finish. Due to multiple flight cancellations, it has taken Air Canada over 3 months to process flight refunds (which are still not received) despite being offered the refund ticket months ago. And with the support team, there are a myriad of excuses as to why the funds have not been processed. No one on the support team is capable of assisting, response time is despicable, and even the booking process is a mess. I am uncertain if this is the case for international flights only, but the experience has been extremely disappointing.
RouteNetherlands to USA