Air Canada

"Seats are too tight"

Trip Verified | Configuration and seat pitch of this aircraft (787)is not suitable at all for ultra long flights. Seats are too tight and not comfortable. Looks like Air Canada tried to put seats whereever they can find some space ignoring passenger needs and comfort. Very few washrooms on this 14 hours and 40 minutes flight were resulting in long line ups. Seat 30 C is only 20 inches away from washroom and avoid this row at all costs. Aisle are too tight and you got bumped by trollies and passengers.
RouteDelhi to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2018

"plane looks so crowded"

Trip Verified | Flew Toronto to London Heathrow with Air Canada. 10 Abreast seating on 777 is terrible. Seating and aisles are so narrow and plane looks so crowded. Service was normal with noting mentionable. Seating padding and comfort was bad for long haul. Few and small washrooms on this aircraft.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to London Heathrow

"the flight was perfect"

Trip Verified | Excellent flight between Montréal and Tokyo-Narita. Except for the seat comfort and the minimal seat pitch, the flight was perfect. Professional flight attendants who were attentive and friendly, good Inflight Entertainment system and food. Flight was on time.
RouteMontréal to Tokyo

"Complete joke"

Trip Verified | Flew Air Canada from Edmonton to Ottawa. Complete joke. Flight was delayed by 4 hours because an instrument was broken and apparently discovered at the very last second. Was left on the plane for an hour as they told us they were asking other airlines for a replacement part because why would we want to keep spare parts on hand? Save yourself some time and fly Westjet.
RouteEdmonton to Ottawa
Date FlownNovember 2018

"water dripping down"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Seoul. I had the worst experience on this flight I took last minute because I had to attend a funeral. The seat I was sitting had water dripping down from the airconditioning for take off and landing. I pressed the button to receive help from the crew since this started and no one came for at least 20 minutes. Finally an attendant passes by. She did not recognize that I had the help button on. I told her of the situation and she said that it was normal. She didn’t try to relieve the situation other than letting me know that it was normal. Worst flight service. In addition to that my entertainment system didn’t work. The touch was off so I couldn’t use it.
RouteVancouver to Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"cabin crew deserve recognition"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Vancouver. I was on a flight where the cabin staff needed to look after a passenger with limited eyesight and a service dog. I have to say that the crew involved were remarkably helpful and effective in their efforts to keep both the dog and owner and all the passengers around them comfortable and relaxed. I was really impressed that AC had cabin crew of this quality. It is easy to complain when things go wrong but the airline - and especially the cabin crew deserve recognition for their professionalism.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteFrankfurt to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2018

"service was surly and rude"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Sydney. They split my reservation so my 4 year old child couldn't be checked in online and couldn't be placed next to my seat. They eventually sorted it out at the airport but it's just not good enough. They should have re joined reservations and done. Had an anxious 2 week lead in to the flight not knowing what was going happen with seating. Food on flight was some of the worst airline food I have seen. The service was surly and rude. Unless the price is low I wouldn't choose to fly again with them.
RouteVancouver to Sydney

"professional, helpful, attentive"

Trip Verified | I fly this route from London to Vancouver several times a year and have seen the onboard service on Air Canada get better and better and they well surpassed all other carriers on this route. From boarding to deplaning, the inflight crew on this most recent flight were outstanding. Very professional, helpful, attentive and cheerful throughout the flight. I often find that after the meal service and duty free sales, crews are rarely about the cabins until later in a flight. Not so this crew - constantly on hand. I’ve travelled on a few five star carriers over the last few years and non surpass this Air Canada crew for quality of service.
RouteLondon to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2018

"listening to every announcement anxiously"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Halifax. Our gate was changed with no announcement, causing us to miss our flight. We are obsessively careful travellers, and we were listening to every announcement anxiously, especially leading up to our boarding time. Nothing came, so we asked why we weren't boarding yet. We were then casually told there had been a gate change. We ran as fast as we could to the new gate, but were too late. The attendant at the new gate lied and told us she had announced our gate change and even had announced our names several times. She didn't know we are anxious travelers who listen to every announcement, and insisted on repeating that she had indeed called us. I felt very disrespected, and i couldn't believe how blatantly she lied to me.
RouteToronto to Halifax

"they lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Copenhagen via Toronto. I have traveled with Air Canada for first and last time, they lost my luggage. They delivered my bag 2 days after my Arrival. Air Canada destroyed my bag and they charge me extra over $60 for regular bag. Breakfast was disgusting disgusting. The good experience was the team of Flight attendants who were nice people, hard working.
RouteChicago to Copenhagen via Toronto