Air Canada

"compassion and professionalism"

Not Verified | I had flown back to Toronto for a family emergency and did not book a return flight. While attempting to book a flight home there were some issues and I ended up being billed for a ticket I did not need. After some back and forth and confusion I spoke with a woman named Betty from the Montreal office. She was extremely helpful, and very patient with me as this was a somewhat confusing issue. Adding the stress of this extra charge on top of my family emergency was obviously upsetting. She placed me on hold and when she returned had informed me everything was taken care of and I would be getting a refund. Thank you so much for your compassion and professionalism!
Date FlownJuly 2020

"a regular average service"

Trip Verified | Flown to Vancouver in the morning. onboard was very limited service due to covid-19 so I was fine with that. Great entertainment system- I meant many variety of choices to choose from so that was nice. During 5 hr flight, I watched some movies and it was great, no technical issues whatsoever. Airplane almost half full due to seating covid-19 restricting so didn't mind that as the middle seat next to me was empty. From the moment of checking in , boarding, enroute and to arrival, my overall personal impression was a regular average service.
Date FlownMay 2020

"turning me into a customer for life"

Not Verified | I Booked a Ticket Through +1 855-948-3661 , I recently had a horrible experience with my luggage on a Air Canada flight but it was corrected right immediately. After coming home from a work trip, the weather wasn't great and I was in a hurry to get home to my fur baby. I got my luggage and it was soaked and I assumed it was from the rain ... but I was wrong. I smelled something a little funny but didn't think much of it since there was a lot of people around. I threw my luggage in my car and while driving I started getting bursts of fishy odor. I got home and opened my trunk and almost fell over by the scent of fish. I took my luggage out and opened it and everything inside was covered in a gray liquid. My stuff was ruined. I came right back to the airport and Sherry and Luis helped me out. It was really embarrassing walking through the airport smelling like fish but they were so kind. The scent was so strong we had to cover our noses and hold our breath as we went through what items needed to be reimbursed. Luis took me to get a new suitcase since mine needed to be thrown away and Sherry gave me a nice Air Canada duffel bag to help transfer over some shoes and purses I wanted to try and clean. While it was a big inconvenience after a long and tiring day, I was happy with the outcome of the situation. Thank you Sherry and Luis for helping me that day and turning me into a customer for life.
Date FlownMay 2020

"my flights kept on changing"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight 5 months in advance, from the booking date to two weeks before departure my flights kept on changing until i had 8 flights overlapping. There was no contact from Air Canada about the flight changes, I thought it was a technical issue with the app but when the problem was not resolved I contacted customer service and was told I would have to stay over night at my own expense at connecting airports on both directions. So my flight I paid extra for, to be as short as possible, was originally 6 hours there and back became 28 and 22 hours with no other option. It took 3 days of contacting customer support to get a reasonable flight rebooked. They wanted an extra 1200$ per ticket to change which would be triple of my original ticket and would take more than double the travel time. At multiple airports the counter staff tried moving me and my wife to opposite sides of the plane and called me selfish for not agreeing to their terms. Saying "you are so me me me" on top of the poor customer service the policy for free seat selection during 24 hour checkin changed and I had to pay an extra 98$ to sit next to my wife again! The Only positive experience was the plane it was quite nice and on board crew were very polite.
RouteOttawa to Kelowna via Toronto / Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2020

"trying to book with this credit"

Not Verified | My flight from Edmonton to Las Vegas in May was cancelled due to Covid-19 and when I asked for a refund they refused, and all i could do was accept it and take the future credit. Now that I am trying to book with this credit of 407$ i cant book a 404$ flight due to some stupid flight / tax that they couldn't explain. They wanted another 103$ from me to book the flight totaling 510$. The agent put me on hold several times to try to get me an answer how 407$ credit cant book flights for 404$ and why i have to pay more when i had enough credit. He couldnt. I cant believe they can take your money and then not let you spend it how you like on another flight. Air Canada Flight from Edmonton to Las Vegas October 2 to 6 right now is 404$ for a flex flight on the way and a standard flight on the way back. They want me to pay 510$! I escalated the case 2 days ago and was told 24hrs and usually sooner for a call back, its now 48 hours.
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas

"We were offered credit"

Trip Verified | Due to Covid-19, we were not permitted to go to Canada from the USA to take our flight from Toronto to Vancouver. We were offered credit. We are all high risk for Covid and simply wanted a refund since it may be years or possibly never before we travel. We were denied. A law was passed in the USA that required US airlines to give a refund. Canada has chosen not to recognize this.
Date FlownJune 2020

"They would only give me credits"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly Beirut to Boston via London and Toronto with Middle east Airlines and Air Canada. I did not receive an email that the flight was cancelled. I had to call and they would not refund the money. They would only give me credits. I asked her to send me an email saying the flight was cancelled instead she sent me an email giving me credits back. The funny part is a ticket from Boston to Lebanon cost is like 1/10 of the cost and the rest is tax. So technically you get only credits for the ticket and the tax is dependent. I have filed for a claim and will no longer fly nor do I advise anyone to fly with them.
RouteBeirut to Boston via London / Toronto
Date FlownJune 2020

"will only give us a credit"

Trip Verified | We booked a family vacation from Indianapolis to Montego Bay via Toronto on Air Canada. The airline cancelled our upcoming flight and will only give us a credit to use for each of our 6 people to use in the next 18 months. I have requested a refund.
RouteIndianapolis to Montego Bay via Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"Air Canada will not refund airfares"

Trip Verified | Air Canada will not refund airfares despite change of flight and entitled refund as per their policy. I like many other families are struggling to seek out refunds and Air Canada is no exception. In fact their customer service is by far the worst with them declining several requests to provide us a refund. This is despite Air Canada changing our flights which was booked for 23rd June 2020 to an evening flight making it more than 3hrs different from our original 1.30pm flight. Air Canada and their policy states that a refund is entitled if delays are longer than 3hrs. Expect lots of cut and paste responses from their website along with them considering the matter closed despite repeated requests to consider current hardship circumstances.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteChicago to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"your flight got cancelled"

Trip Verified | My recent flight with Air Canada on March 17th, 2020. I was returning from Nadi via Los Angeles to Vancouver. When I arrived in Los Angeles tried checking in at the kiosk machine would not work so got help with Air Canada personnel standing at the kiosk. He also could not do it so send me to the check in counter. The lady at the counter after sometime on the computer said so your flight got cancelled a month ago and email was sent to all the passengers and told me to contact my travel agent in Vancouver. I tried Calling my travel agent left 3 messages no answer she was so rude and untruly. I went back to the same lady on the counter and said our bags are already checked in she told us to go to terminal 5 to talk to the Air Canada agents to get our bags. On the way to terminal 5 I started thinking, I did not book my tickets a month ago and I did not receive any emails from air Canada. At terminal 5 the agent said we have to go back to terminal 6 they would be responsible for our luggage. On the way back to terminal 6 I asked my son who also was travelling with me lets take a look at the reader board with all the flight information, that’s when I saw that our flight got cancelled and also had our flight number. I went back to the check in counter at demanded to speak with a supervisor and first she refused after arguing with load voices she agreed to get the supervisor. I waited for almost 25 minutes before a supervisor approached. I was so upset told the supervisor please pay our accommodation, transportation cost and meals if you want us to stay in Los Angles. The supervisor said wait and after doing some work on the computer she told me that we can get a flight at 11.00 pm same day our original flight was at 3 pm with no food allowance. Air Canada should have told the trued that due to covid-19 our flight got cancelled and we are working to get you on board another flight as seats come available. The 11 pm flight to Vancouver was not full had lots of empty seats available. This is my second experience in LA please train your staff how to talk to customers this is a service industry.
RouteLos Angeles to Vancouver