Air Canada

"hoping to get the bag back in time"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Delhi via Vancouver. I booked my tickets through Expedia. Air Canada made changes to my itinerary three times without explanation. The first time around I called Air Canada directly but was told I needed to contact Expedia. Expedia was helpful but had no explanation for the changes. I had to make changes to my other connecting flights every time Air Canada made a change. On the day of travel, during check-in the agent did not understand e-visas to India and asked for clarifications from me. I found the onboard food choices and quality below par. They lost one of our bags when we landed in Delhi and the agents there did not have a clue as to what happened. We are keeping our fingers crossed, and are hoping to get the bag back in time for the wedding I came to India for.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi via Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2019

"Air India charged extra fees"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Delhi with Air Canada, Delhi to Kochi with Air India. Though their baggage limits are limited i have paid for an extra baggage and confirmed with the representative that the baggage fee is applicable until the final destination. When they reach Delhi for transfer for their Air India flight charged extra fees for the baggage. On top of it though it is an international transfer they are considering as a domestic trip. They even consider even laptop bag and Baby's diaper bag as Carry-on luggags. There is no proper communication between Air Canada and Air India. Air Canada have different language entertainment in their flight but they dont have tamil language.
RouteToronto to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2019

"No food was served"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. My flight was rescheduled without any information to me and found out, when I checked my itinerary on line. No food was served in business class (only light breakfast before landing). Overall impression and service was not near to EVA Air and Singapore Airlines I traveled before this flight.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2019

"delayed for nearly two hours"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. Today we were delayed on the plane for nearly two hours. I missed my connecting flight, and need to wait at the airport all night for a rebooked one. But Air Canada offered me a $10 meal voucher so that makes it all better! They dont give you any snacks on their flights, its for purchase.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2019

"I will fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Brisbane. An excellent lounge. My seat on the plane was not the most comfortable, but being tall was not bad. The cabin staff were very good. I couldn't eat or drink very much and staff helped me in every way possible. They were all caring, I will fly with them again.
RouteVancouver to Brisbane
Date FlownMay 2019

"flight was very comfortable"

(China)

Not Verified | Shanghai to Toronto. This Air Canada flight was very comfortable, along with nice food services ( a cup noodle, bread, and the main dish) served in three times and definitely lessens the pressure during the 12h long haul in Economy. The cabin crew was very comforting when I threw up shamefully. The in-flight entertainment was lovely, equipped with films from the world, songs and tvs. The headphones were great. Had a sound sleep.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteShanghai to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2018

"was the most uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | London to Vancouver. Air Canada have only one Boeing 777 seat configuration for short haul and long haul - 3-4-3. Most of my travel is, and has been, long haul with many airlines. This at 9 hrs was the most uncomfortable in Economy of any of my previous Economy flights. The constant brushing of shoulders with fellow passengers and crew - seated next to one and as they travel along the aisles (I was seated in an aisle seat) leads to surly crew and intolerant passengers - not a pleasant flight. I flew this flight because of the cost savings against the alternatives - but after the flight can only state that the savings (perhaps $100 each way) were not worth the bad experience for 9 hours.
RouteLondon to Vancouver
Date FlownApril 2019

"no meal included"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Los Angeles. Five hours in a single aisle plane with no meal included. This is Air Canada proper, on a full fare, flying international. There was a bistro cart for paying customers and I got a packet of fruit slices, cheese and crackers: the fruit was turning soft and the moisture frorm the fruit made the cheese soggy. There was nothing in the booking process or ticket that signalled that a meal was not included, otherwise I would have brought my own. I was only flying this leg to get to LAX and switch to another carrier for the rest of my journey.
RouteMontreal to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2019

"said I couldn’t hear the speaker"

Trip Verified | I usually don’t have to show a passport after security and they had apparently been saying it over the speaker to have it ready. I didn’t have it ready and she said “you should have been listening, will the next customer with a passport ready step up?” in the time she took to show horrible customer service, I had provided the passports and said “I couldn’t hear the speaker, it’s loud out here” she handed me my passport back and said “I’m not going to argue with you”. I took my passport mistakenly thinking I was done and began to walk onto the plane. She took off running and saying I hadn’t been checked yet and “what do you think you’re doing?! You can’t just walk on the plane!” Everyone thinks she was overreacting to try make a scene. Then after everyone is sitting we had to get off the airplane for mechanical issues.
RouteHouston to Ontario
Date FlownMay 2019

"improve on is their meals"

Not Verified | Toronto to Hawaii. It's a very good airline to travel with. Excellent cabin staff. But the one thing they really have to improve on is their meals. There is no food or snacks, you have to purchase their food. That's crazy for a flight so long. I'm very disappointed.
RouteToronto to Hawaii