Air Canada rouge

Air Canada rouge customer review

Booked a flight from LAS-YYZ on Air Canada's website and was forced to take AC"s new low cost carrier Rouge. The plane was an extremely old 767 and besides the refurbished carpet and seats everything inside was old and run- down. The overhead compartment are probably from the 1990s as I forgot the last time I saw limited luggage space like that. The seats were cramped and uncomfortable with no entertainment whatsoever (there is the option to rent an iPad for a fee). The flight was a red-eye of around 5hrs but half the time the cabin lights were on as the crew came around trying to sell food. This was very disruptive to rest and added to the general discomfort of the flight experience. The crew were young and "hip" looking and I must say they were friendly. However they seemed inexperienced and newly hired. There was a passenger who lay on her seat and stretched her legs into the aisle throughout the flight. This was during take off and landing and none of the crew said anything about having the arm rest down or the fact that her legs were obstructing the aisle. I am sure this violates various national and international safety regulations and the crew did not seem to mind. Probably one of the worst flying experiences I have had and I would definitely not recommend flying with Rouge.

Air Canada rouge customer review

Air Canada Rogue is one of the worst if not the worst airline I have flown. I fly at least once a month. I booked my flights with Air Canada but the flights were changed to Rogue without notification. The seats are too small and very uncomfortable. My husband is 6'2" and he was uncomfortable the whole flight. My elderly mother was almost in tears due to the lack of leg room. There is no entertainment systems. The last flight had only some breakfast items on an evening flight. All passengers were complaining about the lack of leg room. It is torture if the person ahead puts their seat back. I have always been a loyal Air Canada customer but I will be booking WestJet were possible. The flights were so bad I would rather have to change planes than endure another Rogue direct flight.

Air Canada rouge customer review

March 7 and 23 YYZ to SJO return AC1806/1806. I will never use Air Canada Rouge again. The 29-inch seat pitch is the lowest in North America with the exception of Spirit Airlines. This was the most uncomfortable flight I have taken. The barely edible food cost extra and most selections were sold out by the time the attendants reached my row. The in-flight entertainment system (which can only be played over one's own tablet or device) consistently malfunctioned. The plane was generally dirty and contained significant garbage left on earlier flights. A horrible experience.

Air Canada rouge customer review

As a 4 times a year traveller to the Caribbean it is clear that ACR want to take every single penny of us the all inclusive prices are the same of AC. A flight is a flight the flight attendants are rude and impolite. I bought a sandwich that perhaps was a left over from another flight because the expired date was for the same day.

Air Canada rouge customer review

When I booked ticket (3 in total) to travel the end of June 2014 from Canada to Barcelona Spain I booked with Air Canada and wanted AC to be my carrier. However I know find out we will be travelling with Air Canada Rouge the company's low cost carrier. I also have found out there will be NO entertainment unless you go out and buy an Ipad and the seats are going to be smaller and tighter together. There are other cuts and this is totally unfair to me as an Air Canada customer. I did not get any rebate for flying with this low cost carrier - absolutely nothing. It is just tough luck for us. I like travelling with Air Canada with their experienced crews and the special benefits that go along with the overseas flights. I am not happy about this - I feel like we have been Rouged by Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge customer review

We flew from Toronto to Cancun the last week of January and dreaded the return the next week. We booked Air Canada because the flight times were good we collect Aeroplan and fly AC from Toronto to Calgary at least once a year. We did not know anything about Rouge and not until almost the time for our flight did we know AC had another section for hot spots. We were not concerned because we have always been happy with our service. We did not know there was no in-flight entertainment until we were on the plane. We do not use Apple products but have an Android tablet no good to us on the flight. The seats are squishy and uncomfortable. The only saving grace coming home was I had booked late flights so we just slept no other choice. When we got to our destination I went on the web to learn about Rouge. It is not easy to find anything. Next time we will go to the States and choose an American carrier. Never again Rouge.

Air Canada rouge customer review

Flew Rouge "business class" from Toronto to Las Vegas and return a week ago. I had booked business class originally from Ottawa to Vancouver to Las Vegas but Air Canada cancelled that as the connection was too tight and instead routed me through Toronto. They promised me that business class would be exactly the same on Rouge but it is not! The seats are smaller there was no TV screen in backs of seats - they gave me a tablet to watch but the content was poor. Service was not good at all. And on top of all this the price was the same! Very disappointing.

Air Canada rouge customer review

I flew with Air Canada Rouge in January on business from Toronto to Sarasota and was seated in the standard cabin. Although the flight itself was pleasant enough the seats were very close together and cramped. If given the choice I would not choose to fly with them again.

Air Canada rouge customer review

Flew Toronto-Puerto Vallarta-Toronto. Early both down and return! Great staff skewed younger and nice change from the stuffy regulars usually on AC! Service was great - purchased a wrap that was tasty! Entertainment - downloaded AC app and no problems both on my iPad and iPhone. Pitfall was not AC but the other passengers - one carry on means one not one plus a purse plus a backpack plus just "two little bags of shopping". Yes perhaps that is why you had no leg room your 5 carry on bags! There always has to be "that one" passenger and they always seem to sit near me! The seats are tight get over it you are on vacation - want a first class wide seat pay for one on a more expensive airline! Excellent service Rouge and can't wait to fly again!

Air Canada rouge customer review

We flew from San Jose Costa Rica to Toronto Canada on Air Canada Rouge. A lot of unusual activity at boarding with seat mix-ups people on the plane with boarding passes with no assigned seats and lots of passport checks. The flight was totally sold and left 1/2 hour late. Five hours into the flight and a half hour before landing we are told that 50 bags could not be loaded onto the plane because of jet fuel concerns due to high winds at San Jose late departure full capacity. We deplane clear immigration and hope that our bags have made it on the plane. We learn that there are no bags on the plane at all! No one at the airport claim desk or customs seems to think that this is anything unusual. They promise that we will have our bags in 24 hours but given all of the misinformation we have received at this point I am not holding my breath. No wonder they have dubbed this airline Air Canada Rogue. No leg room smaller seats no entertainment no hot beverages due to potential turbulence total incompetence from check-in to airport exit.