Air Canada rouge

Air Canada rouge customer review

Flew Toronto-Puerto Vallarta-Toronto. Early both down and return! Great staff skewed younger and nice change from the stuffy regulars usually on AC! Service was great - purchased a wrap that was tasty! Entertainment - downloaded AC app and no problems both on my iPad and iPhone. Pitfall was not AC but the other passengers - one carry on means one not one plus a purse plus a backpack plus just "two little bags of shopping". Yes perhaps that is why you had no leg room your 5 carry on bags! There always has to be "that one" passenger and they always seem to sit near me! The seats are tight get over it you are on vacation - want a first class wide seat pay for one on a more expensive airline! Excellent service Rouge and can't wait to fly again!

Air Canada rouge customer review

We flew from San Jose Costa Rica to Toronto Canada on Air Canada Rouge. A lot of unusual activity at boarding with seat mix-ups people on the plane with boarding passes with no assigned seats and lots of passport checks. The flight was totally sold and left 1/2 hour late. Five hours into the flight and a half hour before landing we are told that 50 bags could not be loaded onto the plane because of jet fuel concerns due to high winds at San Jose late departure full capacity. We deplane clear immigration and hope that our bags have made it on the plane. We learn that there are no bags on the plane at all! No one at the airport claim desk or customs seems to think that this is anything unusual. They promise that we will have our bags in 24 hours but given all of the misinformation we have received at this point I am not holding my breath. No wonder they have dubbed this airline Air Canada Rogue. No leg room smaller seats no entertainment no hot beverages due to potential turbulence total incompetence from check-in to airport exit.

(Jamaica)

21-24 March 10.20 departure arrived in Jamaica 1.20. Depart from Jamaica 2.40 arrives in Canada at 7.30. AC1805. The last time I flew Air Canada was 2007 so I decided to give them another chance. The plane was dirty no snacks on a 4 hour flight. The staff going down to my destination were neat and put together however the person doing the announcements needed some training. Entertainment both ways was horrible I could not even access it on my iPad. Comparing Rouge with WestJet and Air Transat they are so behind in time and entertainment. I am going away in June and there is a possibility that Air Canada Rouge will not be my first choice.

Air Canada rouge customer review

LAS to YYZ March 2014. I am a loyal Air Canada flyer and mostly travel Executive Class. I am extremely disappointed with Rouge and how Air Canada is forcing its clients to use Rouge and has stopped regular Air Canada flights to my usual destinations. The planes are all very old and rickety and the attendants very inexperienced although all friendly. It would be different if the fares dropped in half but they are exactly the same which is ridiculous. I am looking for alternatives as I will not be forced to receive second class service for the same high prices the entertainment system is poor and they show movies on an old tube screen but do not provide the ancient headphone adapters so what's the point.

Air Canada rouge customer review

Flew Air Canada Rouge to/from Costa Rica. Had never heard of Rouge and was not told that this would be the carrier even when I called to book seats and meals. There are no meals unless you buy the overpriced cold items available - very limited choice as would be expected on a flight. Had we known we would have brought our own food as we did on the return flight. Entertainment available by Air Canada app that must be downloaded before flight. A few tablets are available for rent - and they go fast. Seats are not comfortable - spent a week with back pain after 5 hours in one. There is also barely enough room to get into your seat. I'm not a large person but it was a challenged getting in and out of seat. Have flown Air Canada before and was happy with it. Not happy with Rouge and as you don't know if they will be the carrier when you book through Air Canada this will prevent me from ever booking a vacation or flight with them again. Cabin staff were friendly but not really helpful - there didn't seem to be anything they could do to help.

Air Canada rouge customer review

Flew Air Canada rouge Toronto to Grenada return March 3 and 10 2014. Will never fly it again. A disgrace for a any airline let alone what they term a discount airline. Will travel to US or make connections on other airlines before I fly them again. After a week of sun and relaxing to have to endure seats with no leg room and no entertainment or even a 25 cent bag of peanuts who needs this. Get Real Air Canada rouge. You say all is well but people will only fly once and say goodbye forget your return flyers.

Air Canada rouge customer review

Traveled from YYZ-MCO MCO-YYZ both flights were on time. The flight attendants are nice and helpful but a little disorganized. The plane was en airbus A319 and was modern and clean both ways. Seat are not very comfy plus there no legroom and you are squished in the seats. The service on the plane and at the airport are good. Movie system has new shows but old eps. Overall both flights were good. There is a good selection of food and drinks.

Air Canada rouge customer review

Just came back from a trip to Orlando from Toronto. Purchased my tickets on Air Canada only to find out a few weeks before that I got "Rouged". I am an Air Canada Altitude Elite 50K member and fly on mainline AC quite frequently. When I bought my ticket in April 2013 I expected to fly on the airline I originally booked with but that was not the case. They switched my flight without warning. Getting on the plane the first thing you notice is how they squeezed all the seats together to give you no leg room. Unless you are a young child your knees will be plastered against the seat back in front of you. Good luck with the inflight non-entertainment system - you will need to remember to charge your device completely because there are no outlets. Also the movies were all second rate. Best of luck trying to get any work done the cramped room does not allow a regular sized laptop to be placed on the tray table without being squeezed between your abdomen and the seat in front.

Air Canada rouge customer review

They kept us on an airplane for 2 hours initially hardly any circulation trying to fix a problem with the navigation system. Then they left us on the plane for 2 hours while they tried to fix it giving us false hope every 30 minutes or so. They offered some of us a tiny bag of almonds but we had to share with the person beside us because they didn't have enough for everyone. Finally they got us off the plane 2 hours later. Gave us $10 to buy lunch. Flight was supposed to leave at 10.30am at 1.30pm or so we get an announcement saying flight will be leaving at 3pm. Then another delay to 4pm. Meanwhile the weather outside is getting worse and worse. So now we board at 4pm. They had us sit on the airplane for another 3 hours before we actually took off. 200+ people missed a whole day of vacation time. Updates were very infrequent. To top it all off the flight crew were miserable. They were finally walking by to offer us some food but a) they ran out of everything and b) they walked right by our row without asking. When I waved my hand the attendant got annoyed with me. It was the last time I fly with Air Canada. The free food was a sandwich. The drinks - they gave you pop juice or water and you couldn't have an actual can. Inflight entertainment - forget it. They didn't play a movie on the way to Montego Bay. You had to have the app downloaded on your phone. If you didn't have the app you got nothing.

Air Canada rouge customer review

Feb 27 2014. When we original booked this flight from Toronto to Orlando return it was with Air Canada. When Air Canada up and decided to change the flights to Rouge there was no compensation for cost given as a refund or credit as Rouge is supposedly a cheaper flight. This fact was confirmed by speaking with other passengers on the flight who booked the flight through Air Canada Rouge. Not only did they not compensate us for the change they automatically changed our seating - splitting my husband and myself approximately 8 rows apart. I would also confirm that I had to prepay for seat selection. When I went to check in online the flight was sold out and I could not get my seat that I had paid for back. The new seats are horrible. I am only 5 feet and I couldn't get comfortable with the decreased leg room. I don't know how they expect people to sit in these seats for a 5 plus hour flight. They have taken out the TVs in the seats. They boast themselves as having a huge selection of movies etc. with their new app that has to be downloaded. Their huge selection is worse and older than Netflix. It really is a joke. If you want anything that is enjoyable make sure you download your own movies/shows before flying. Next time look at WestJet before booking Air Canada.