Air Canada rouge

"told I would have to check my bag"

Not Verified | I had another unfortunate flying experience on Rouge from YYZ to Miami due to a cancelled Delta flight. Paid a premium booking a same day which is fine, however, I booked a comfort ticket and was given row 33D. I boarded zone 3, as one of the first passengers to board in the zone and was told I would have to check my bag. I asked if it was a gate check and they said yes you check it here and it goes to the carousel (not gate check by any airline definition). Sure enough, I arrive at my seat and the luggage bin is empty and remained so for the flight. I asked the flight attendant why this constantly happens and she said “we are volunteers before the flight and don’t get paid”. By itself, it’s really not a big issue, but when you are flying 2-3 times per week waiting an hour in every city is frustrating when there is capacity for bags on the plane. I flew about 10 times of 130 total flights last year on Rouge and each and every time there is some kind of service issue not too mention I was 2 for 10 on time vs. 2 delays out of a 100 flights on Delta (this flight was delayed for over an hour). Sad to see this airline deteriorate since the pandemic.
RouteToronto to Miami
Date FlownJuly 2024

"unsatisfied with the level of courtesy"

Not Verified | I was very unsatisfied with the level of courtesy from flight attendants and staff. We landed in Montreal from our 4 hour flight a bit early on July 7th. So we were instructed to sit buckled in for 15-20 minutes. I had needed to use the washroom very bad. I had got up to use the washroom while we were stopped and waiting. The flight attendants seen me making my way to the back, no one stopped me. Until I was already at the washroom door, the flight attendant had pushed the door closed from my hand and very rudely told me to go sit down. I will not recommend this airline.
RouteCancun to Montreal
Date FlownJuly 2024

"don’t allow early boarding with Infants"

Trip Verified | We travelled with our 6 month old baby and in Punta Cana they asked me and my family to return to the back of the line as they don’t allow early boarding with Infants. After explaining to the agent our situation she disregarded my request and asked me to go back to the line . After 10 minutes or so , another agent noticed us with the infant and asked us to go to the front of the line. Once we got to the front of the line, they made us wait until 90 percent of the plane boarded before letting us on board. Please note That my baby was screaming at this point. Please Also note that I was also traveling with my 77 year old Mother. Simply no respect. Not only we were almost one hour late for the departure from Punta Cana, once we got to Montreal they had no gate and didn’t how to get the passengers off the plane. They stated that we are waiting for Instructions. After 15 min they said we are going to get off the plane using a bus but no busses are available and another 10 min wait . Then the bus finally arrived but they made us wait in the stairs for 5 min for an unexplained reason. During our departure from Montreal to Toronto we waited 3 hours in the airport because of bad weather that delayed the plane leaving from Toronto.
RouteMontreal to Punta Cana via Toronto

"enjoyable flight experience"

Not Verified |   We had an enjoyable flight experience with AC Rouge. The flight attendants on this crew worked very well together and demonstrated great cooperation and team work. The crew was welcoming, personable and professional. In particular, we enjoyed excellent service from Victoria and Heather.
RouteCuraçao to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2024

"the food was all gone"

Trip Verified | My husband and I flew to Ft Lauderdale and returned to Toronto, for a Caribbean cruise. On both flights there was no food. The food trolley started with food but by the time it reached us, the food was all gone. I told the attendant, but she just shrugged and said “sorry, all the food is gone”. Luckily I had purchased chips in the airport, but was really irritated that the food supply was so inadequate. The flights were smooth and pleasant otherwise.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"a seat assignment change"

Trip Verified | Our flights from Houston to Quebec City were purchased on aircanada.com, and we reserved and paid for assigned seats for our traveling group of 6 (including family members, professional colleagues, and friends) on a single Air Canada booking reference. Upon arrival in Toronto, we were informed that our YYZ-YQB flight was delayed one hour because of a change of aircraft. It happens. But do note carefully: The change of aircraft was from one A321 to another A321. While one of Air Canada Rouge’s A321 may be configured slightly differently from another, the bulk of the seating is located in the economy section, and it is uniformly and predictably 6 across – 3 on each side of the center aisle. Perhaps the first-class section may be plus or minus a row or 2, which would result in the necessity of some changes of seat assignments in the economy section, but the overwhelming bulk of the seats and seat assignments need not be changed. Our assigned and paid-for seats were 19D, E, and F and 20 D, E, and F – all on the right side of the aircraft (by choice) and none were located in the front 2 rows of economy nor in the rear 2 rows of economy. As we boarded the gate agent informed us of a seat assignment change. One married couple in our group was seated together in the middle of the aircraft, but the rest of us were scattered throughout rear half of the economy section, with 5 of the 6 being in middle seats, including 3 of us in the middle seats of the last 3 rows of the aircraft. This is inexcusable. Why was our traveling-together-on-a-single-booking-reference group treated so disrespectfully? Perhaps 12 or so passengers of the entire aircraft may have needed to be moved, but why us, again I say traveling together as a group on a single booking reference? Because they could provide no explanation for the problem and were powerless to make it better, two Air Canada Rouge employees (the gate agent and a pilot!) suggested I raise the complaint.
RouteToronto to Quebec City
Date FlownDecember 2023

Air Canada rouge customer review

Not Verified | We sat for 2 hours at Toronto Airport because the wrong cargo was on the plane and had to be taken off. Surely this should be double checked before loading? Also the service was poor, the staff were visiting and chatting and spilled drinks on my clothes because they were not paying attention. Bad experience for the third time with Air Canada, at least they are mostly bad so I do not have to adjust my expectations.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownOctober 2023

Air Canada rouge customer review

Trip Verified | Flight was delayed because they over booked it so we couldn't board. The plane itself was dirty there was garbage on the floor. There was no plugs or entertainment on the flight, and snack and food was over priced compared to competitors.
RouteVictoria to Quebec via Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2023

“did not have food that was kid friendly”

I went on vacation with my family and they were late by 3:30 hours. Also they gave us blankets that had a weird smell, and they did not have food that was kid friendly.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"Services have been scaled back"

Not Verified | This flight was delayed by 35 minutes due to some passengers not wanting to check their carryon bags at the gate. Flight started ok and seats were comfortable. I was not able to log onto inflight entertainment on one android phone but was able to on an ipad. Service was good however I received the smallest cup of coffee I have ever seen. Not much bigger than an espresso up! Considering I paid $1,500 for 3 seats I could have at least gotten a descent cup of coffee. The snacks promised never appeared. The flight attendant only offered the overpriced food and a small glass of water. At least offer crackers and a cookie. When did this get deleted??? Thank good ness I packed sandwiches and brought our own water containers or I would have suffered dehydration. Services have been scaled back but ticket prices have not. Last time flying this airline.
RouteToronto to Fort Lauderdale