Air Canada rouge

"Rouge plane isn’t fit for purpose"

Not Verified | I have flown this segment (TOR-Victoria) a number of times. I used to commute Toronto to London, UK and typically paid less for that flight segment (even buying less than a week’s notice). This Rouge plane isn’t fit for purpose: seats are falling apart, no legroom, no food (5 hour flight?), no screens, we bus out to the tarmac from AC’s hub at Pearson, the plane never leaves on time - the entire experience is borderline - criminal. I’d love to see ACs CEO saddle up for this experience in economy. The least he could do is put a proper plane/gate on the route.
RouteToronto to Victoria
Date FlownDecember 2019

"don't have any additional food"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Barcelona. Purchasing the tickets was a complete nightmare. The website kept getting errors and I could not book the dates I wanted. Customer service helped me over the phone advised they apologized and because of the Mishap they would place me in a better seat free of charge with extra legroom. I am in the plane right now. If your guessing I don't have extra legroom you're right. I also never ended up getting the dates I wanted because the representative kept getting the same error as I got initially. Fast forward to the airport. Get on the plane, no entertainment. Pay for Wi-Fi or use their App is the entertainment. I went online, took out my gift card, and it turns out they don't accept their own gift card. Whatever, I pay. They bring the food that is included. It's not good at all. I wait for someone to come to ask if I want anything else. No one for about and hour and a half. So I press the service button on the elbow rest. No one came for another roughly 20 minutes. I get up and walk all to the back of plane and ask for Their meal combo. Turns out they don't have combos on international flight. They don't have any additional food on this flight except for chips. I buy anyway, because there's another 5 hours left and I have a gift card... but they don't accept their own gift cards for food either. So it's basically useless now with the remaining balance.... How am I going to spend 120 remaining on a gift card if I can only use it for plane tickets? I only have 6 months to use it or lose it.
RouteToronto to Barcelona
Date FlownNovember 2019

Air Canada rouge customer review

Trip Verified | Toronto to Honolulu. Do not use this airline. They cancelled me 3 times, sending me an email saying it had to do with "fraud alert" and that I had to purchase the ticket in person at an Air Canada kiosk, which is 2.5 hours from my home. I repurchased the ticket with another credit card, even though the former was fine and it should have gone through, and 3 days later it happened again. I will never fly with Air Canada rouge again.
RouteToronto to Honolulu
Date FlownOctober 2019

"penalized for choosing to pack light"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Miami. My wife and I had 1 backpack carry amongst the two of us. We were asked to remove it from overhead storage and put it under our seats. I had shoes and towels stored in the backup making it bulky. I could not sit comfortably throughout the flight. When quizzed as to why other travellers with large and heavy carryons were given first priority - the attendant said that was just the case. It is brutal that we were penalized for choosing to pack lightly. Furthermore, we have seen multiple smaller backups and handbags stored in the same bins. I cannot say why our bag was removed. Atrocious!
RouteToronto to Miami
Date FlownNovember 2019

"very disappointed"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Toronto to Venice. No TV or in-seat entertainment. Poor meals for me. Clogged sink in the restroom. Small space for luggage. I was expecting more, I am very disappointed definitely will try to avoid flying with Air Canada rouge in the future.
RouteToronto to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2019

"No apologies, no solutions, no customer service"

Not Verified | Toronto to Orlando. I tried to checkin today for my wife and I and found out that they had put us in separate rows even though we booked these tickets 3 months ago. I called and they wouldn’t move us even though there were two emergency seats open. This occurred after they notified us 2 months ago that our flight home was cancelled and we had to choose a different flight. No apologies, no solutions, no customer service, just the arrogance of Air Canada.
RouteToronto to Orlando

"outstanding customer service"

Not Verified | I would like to express my gratitude for some outstanding customer service I experienced from ground crew from Las Vegas to Vancouver. I am an 80 plus-year-old lady that was not looking forward to all of the walking and stress of going through customs when we reached Vancouver. I was blown away with the attentive ground staff that whisked me through customs and made it so enjoyable and so stress-free, thank you so much for your assistance. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
RouteLas Vegas to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I expected more, and was thoroughly let down"

Trip Verified | I will write this review as honest, and fairly as I possibly can. By far, Air Canada Rouge is the worst airline I have flown in years. Even compared to other countries ultra budget airlines, AC Rouge sets the standard for negligence and incompetence. I will elaborate, on a beautiful October day, flight from Toronto to Calgary was originally scheduled to leave at 12.30pm ET. It left well over 2.5 hours later. The first aircraft at the gate was delayed by 30 mins due to "technical issues", which turned out to be caused by the baggage compartment doors being stuck. Only after an additional 30 minutes, did they move folks over to an adjacent gate, and different aircraft. Once the people from that flight had all disembarked, including the flight crew (which took about 20 minutes), we all waited another 30 minutes in line while some of the staff were scrambling to switch folks over, and others were standing around doing nothing or talking on their cell phones. Once everyone was on board and settled in, the Captain announced over the intercom that it would be yet another 40 minutes until catering arrived and stocked the aircraft! The seats being cramped and uncomfortable is to be expected. No points there either. Absolutely asinine. For Pete's sake this is a subsidiary of Air Canada, I expected more, and was thoroughly let down. I will avoid them in the future like the plague.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownOctober 2019

"extremely rude and cheap"

Not Verified | Absolutely the worst airline out there. Terrible seat, extremely uncomfortable, rude and unfriendly staff. No snack or screen on a 4 hour flight. They charged us 35$ for checking out one bag on the way to Punta Cana and 35$ again on the way back. They lost our luggage with our home key, car key and all our medications. Nobody accepts the responsibility. They are extremely rude and cheap. The worst airline out there. Stay away! I will never travel with Air Canada again and will never recommend it to anyone.
RouteOttawa to Punta Cana via Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"a disgrace to the Canadian image"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Toronto. Air Canada is pretty much a disgrace to the Canadian image and the maple leaf. It seriously needs to revamp it's customer experience/service strategy, as well as upgrade a majority of its fleet. Most of the planes, especially those serving its own country and the US are from sometime in the early 90's it seems. Squeaky seats, fraying seatbelts, broken air vents, non-functional lavatories causing huge delays, loss of baggage are just a few examples. Rude staff on the phone and on the planes is another disconcerting issue. Let's pull up our socks, Air Canada, and represent the country the way it deserves to be.
RouteLas Vegas to Toronto