Air Canada rouge

"leave our luggage behind"

Trip Verified | Grenada to Toronto. Upon boarding at Grenada they announced on the plane that there was a weight issue and they were "reloading the luggage for proper weight distribution". Upon arriving in Toronto we found out that meant they decided to leave our luggage behind and not tell us. Still no word on where our valuables are or when they will be returning. I understand that the plane needs to be in line with weight restrictions but inform your guests, offer the cost of the flight back or at least a discount. The worst part is that they have failed to guarantee its return. At this point it may as well be lost luggage. In this case those pieces of luggage that are now unattended in grenada should be of the highest priority to return home, yet all agents we talk to seem incredibly unphased by this. Also after waiting at the carousel for an hour and finally going to customer service they nonchalantly told us it was left behind. No apology was given. Also the aircraft is dated. No entertainment, tighter seating than any i have experienced before. Staff were rude and snappy.I will never fly air canada rouge or air canada in general again and will make sure to tell everyone i know about this experience. Instead of coming home relaxed and happy we have had to spend hours of every day back since waiting for updates.
RouteGrenada to Toronto

"poor choice of food"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Toronto. I like travelling with Air Canada, but rouge is a stain to their name. No inflight screens on board, even for long flights, poor choice of food, Bad seating. I paid for a meal in my return flight that they didn’t even have on board. Only snacks. A 90 mins delay in flight, missed the connection. They couldn’t give me a flight until 9 hours later.
RouteMexico City to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2019

"supposed you are together"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Punta Cana. Very dissapointed, I got an Air Canada vacation package and flights were with Air Canada Rouge. The surprise when we did the check in the designated 2 separate seats and far each other and we were not the only with that problem. Also people with no seat because overbooking. If you buy a package it supposed you are together.
RouteToronto to Punta Cana

"Super nice gate agent"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Moncton. Me and my girlfriend are larger and this airline was very accommodating. There was an empty row of seats at the back of the plane and they switched us there at the last minute so we weren't squished beside someone. We had premium seats, and they even said our seat fee will be refunded by calling the airline. It was cramped in the back but we had an extra seat so not bad. Very accommodating. Super nice gate agent and flight attendants.
AircraftAirbus A119
RouteToronto to Moncton

"The crew was wonderful"

Not Verified | The crew was wonderful. The pilots were great. The seats were thin, small and cramped. They barely reclined. This was a long flight in extremely uncomfortable seats. The food was gross, I had the gluten free option. The flight back from Athens the wifi did not work so we had no movies to watch.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteAthens to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2019

"simply greedy and pathetic"

(Turks and Caicos Islands)

Trip Verified | Montreal to Providenciales. Expected a lot more from Air Canada. Rouge aircraft is simply an assault on a person's personal space. I am 5'11" and I cannot sit in the seat unless my legs are wide open. Cramped and appallingly is how I would rate this seating configuration. This is the last time I travel with this carrier. Even if it is more expensive I will travel on another airline just to have the decency of legroom. Pathetic Air Canada, simply greedy and pathetic.
RouteMontreal to Providenciales

"was really good"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Victoria via Toronto. This is my 2nd time flying Rouge Premium and it was really good. Seats are super comfortable, wide with lots of leg room. The use of iPads for IFE is good, however, if they are not updated, then you can't watch some of the content. Also, the "holder" for the iPads aren't as secure as one would hope. Food on the flight was really good (ordered the Asian vegetarian) and I was very full at the end of the flight. Overall, worth the money!
AircraftBoeing 767 / A319
RouteFort Lauderdale to Victoria via Toronto
Date FlownApril 2019

"how wonderful the staff was"

Not Verified | This was the first flight I ever took, my husband and I were celebrated on 34th wedding anniversary so we decided to go to Nassau. We flew out of Toronto I cannot believe how wonderful the staff was on the airplane when they found out it was our 34th wedding anniversary. They wrote a note on a tray with a small wine bottle some chocolates some plastic glasses with her too drawn on them and a heart pin and presented it to us and wished us a happy anniversary it brought tears to my eyes! The attendants on this flight went over and above for us and we were overjoyed! I would love to thank the crew for making wonderful memories that will last the rest of our lives.
RouteNassau to Windsor
Date FlownMarch 2019

"aircraft old and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Tampa via Toronto. Never again. Air Canada Rouge is possibly the worst airline I have every flown. I checked my bag in Lisbon to be told there was a fee which I paid. I asked if my bag could be checked to Tampa - no. I had to pick up my bag in Toronto and recheck it for my flight to Tampa. I had to pay a 2nd baggage fee. My bag cost $120 dollars to fly on the same booking. The aircraft was very old and uncomfortable, very dirty, with no in-flight entertainment. You have to download their app which didn't work. They had devices to rent but ran out about the 3rd row from the top. Food was disgusting and I found the cabin crew to be unhelpful, rude and very badly mannered. Fly with any other airline if you have a choice.
RouteLisbon to Tampa via Toronto
Date FlownApril 2019

"space and service are awful"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Toronto. Rouge flights in economy - seats, space and service are awful! On April 7, I was rescheduled from a super 8 aircraft and was put on a rouge flight. So cramped that, at barely five feet tall, my knees touched the seat ahead - no room to put a small bag under the seat. The staff were rude when I asked for help to put my bag in the bin above. Today I am travelling again. I had no choice with the airline, but used points for an upgrade. This time in rouge business- I expect the same lousy seats and service. Air Canada prmised lower priced service with rouge - reduced costs considerably but never adjusted the price. It is as costly as a regular Air Canada flight.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Toronto