Air Canada rouge

"an overcrowded, unorganized mess"

Trip Verified | Started off great with Air Canada from Winnipeg to Toronto. Very accommodating and everything was on time. My connecting flight from Toronto to Deer Lake was not at all like that. It was delayed by mechanical issues which was fine, then they asked people to check their carry-ons because there was an overcrowded plane. We then boarded and had seating issues with not having enough seats for people. After all that was figured out, they “misplaced” cargo (a dog) and were still loading our original luggage two hours after our flight was supposed to leave. Should they not have seats and luggage figured out before hand? It was an overcrowded, unorganized mess and I would not recommend flying with Air Canada Rouge until they get things figured out.
RouteToronto to Deer Lake

"clean and comfortable"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Toronto. Cannot say anything negative about this flight. Travelled with trepidation after reading the reviews. The flight crew were 100 per cent attentive, kept us well hydrated. Aircraft was clean and comfortable. Seats were comfortable, food was good. Would not hesitate to fly with them again
RouteManchester to Toronto

"Seats are small"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Las Vegas. Seats are small. They realized 10 min before boarding that their flight was oversold and were trying to move passengers to next flight and in this commotion they delayed the boarding and then because of bad weather we got stuck for another hour. Even after weather cleared they were the last airline to realize time to load bags? Honestly pay the difference and take a better flight.
RouteCalgary to Las Vegas

"no onboard entertainment"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Toronto. I have never before come across a trans Atlantic flight with no onboard entertainment. No wonder what with the plane being so old. No-one seemed to be bothered that the flight was 2 hours late and that many passengers were going to miss their connections. A simple apology would have sufficed. Never again will I fly Air Canada.
RouteManchester to Toronto

"Love Air Canada Rouge"

Not Verified | Love Air Canada Rouge. Flew home (Toronto) from Barbados last Tuesday (July 2nd) and our flight attendant was amazing! I’m really scared to fly and she went out of her way to make me feel comfortable the whole flight! I have never felt more safe and relaxed on a flight. She also had a smile on her face with every passenger she was talking to. Great flight! And I hate flying!!
RouteBarbados to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2019

"a somewhat disjointed meal service"

Trip Verified | Toronto (YYZ) / Edinburgh (EDI) in premium rouge. Part of an AC booking EDI-YYZ-YLW / YVR-YWG-YYZ-EDI. This is the 6th season of AC rouge and I have used them in premium rouge regularly since they started operations. Premium rouge (Premium Economy PY) on an AC Rouge transatlantic (TA) flight, means that only the flight crew are sitting in front of you! There is no Business Class. Pre-boarding was fine, clear announcements being made with regard to boarding by zone number. On board at each seat (armrest) a bottle of water and a menu was waiting. Unfortunately, while waiting for departure from the gate a couple of FAs could be seen eating their own food in the galley area – divider curtains wide open. This did not look good, and I am sure that this should not happen. The in-flight entertainment devices were handed out and food orders were taken prior to the actual departure. After departure a drinks and nibbles service commenced, dinner should have followed on, however on this flight it didn’t! - What happened next was that economy plastic cutlery was handed out. On enquiring, it appeared that although the food had been loaded on board at YYZ, no cutlery and linen napkins had been. This resulted in a somewhat disjointed meal service. I have formally complained about this to AC Customer service in YYC. Within 24 hours a positive reply offering a discount on a future AC related booking was offered. Obviously, the catering issue had been reported to those who should know about these things! – Very impressed! Dinner was cleared away 2 hours plus after the actual time in the air. This allowed for 2.5 hours of ‘rest’ before the lights came on again and a light breakfast (banana bread) was offered to those who wanted it. Landing at EDI was on time and the aircraft parked up at a gate with an air-bridge. (on the outbound EDI / YYZ steps were provided) To conclude this was not the best experience I have had with AC rouge. The outbound EDI / YYZ, (apart from the steps issue) and a domestic sector YYZ / YLW taken were much better. The premium rouge product on a short TA flight is a good compromise between economy and business class. Next one is in September 2019 over the same EDI / YYZ!
RouteToronto to Edinburgh
Date FlownJune 2019

"stewards were 100% professional"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Pointe a Pitre. Great flight. Had a disruptive passenger who created a scene over his carry on bag. The stewards were 100% professional in dealing with him and too be honest they were too nice. The return was just as good. A big thank you to air steward Codey
RouteMontreal to Pointe a Pitre

"Food was really good"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Berlin via Toronto. This review is based on having Premium Economy on an Air Canada Rouge transatlantic flight. In other words, it's the best seat you can get with them since they don't have a traditional business class. In the continental U.S., I usually fly first class (for work). This flight was for work but first class/business class is ridiculous for transatlantic flights so I fly Premium Economy which is actually quite nice. Let me first say that if I did not have Premium Economy this would have been the worst flight ever. If you are from the U.S., then Air Canada Rouge is equivalent to Spirit Airlines when it comes to their Economy Class. They also have an "Economy Plus" which is a little better (i.e. normal airplane seats). PROS + Food: it was really good. Equivalent to first class in the U.S. + Recline/Leg Room: Comfortable recline and leg room. Even had a little stool for your feet + Staff: I'm not going to lie, the Air Canada Rouge pilots and flight attendants are some of the best I've encountered CONS - Seat Cushion: Worst ever. It's paper thin. Couldn't sleep at all on my 8hr flight. - Plane Age: The 767-300 is/was a workhorse. It's ageing and not ageing well. Overall I felt safe. But in 5yrs, not so much. No Wifi: This killed me. I count on Wifi to do work. Nothing. - Air Canada Booking: I had no clue I was booking an Air Canada Rouge flight until after I booked. Sneaky.
RouteDetroit to Berlin via Toronto

"was not comfortable"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary. This was a new aeroplane. I don't know the type. I have short legs and my knees were up against the seat ahead of me. When the guy in the seat ahead of me change position it would press against my knees and was not comfortable. I hate to think about how it feels for taller people with longer legs. But mostly what I disliked was that there was no way to charge my smartphone so I could use it to watch the online entertainment. This new plane has no outlets for its passengers. Bad and unpopular idea! I ran out of charge halfway through the movie. Several other people including the ones in my row and those across were unhappy with this too. No one could watch the entertainment in my row. I don't understand the reasoning behind this. The price isn't even cheaper than regular or Westjet or Air Canada which I prefer. I will not fly Rouge again. You get a worse flight for the same price. I didn't realize this was Rouge until I was at the airport.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownJune 2019

"summarize flight as below average"

Trip Verified | My flight from Dublin to Vancouver was what I would describe as ordinary. The cabin crew were sort of aloof and doing an average job. My main complaint was that the washrooms in the middle part of the aircraft ran out of toilet paper and there was no effort to replace. The replacement were the small napkins that are usually used when serving drinks. There was a small snack provided before landing which was already past the best before date by two months. I would summarize the flight as below average.
RouteDublin to Vancouver