Air Canada rouge

"Not much leg space"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Porto with Air Canada rouge. Older plane, delayed by 2 hours due to technical problem. Not much leg space, even for those seats for extra $100. For in-flight entertainment you need to download an app prior to boarding, it didn’t work for us. One AC outlet for 2 seats. I found flight attendants rude, no tea/coffee. One piece of luggage delayed for 24 hours.
RouteToronto to Porto
Date FlownOctober 2018

"they do nothing to compensate"

Not Verified | Flew Punta Cana to Toronto. Complete trash airline. Mechanical delays are frequent and they do nothing to compensate except give a useless discount on your next flight which none of us will ever use because we will never book with Air Canada rouge again. Flight to vacation delayed 6 hours flight coming home delayed 6 hours now stuck at the resort with no room or accommodations and they do nothing.
RoutePunta Cana to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Poor compared to regular Air Canada"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Toronto. Not much leg space, had to purchase better seats for extra $100 per seat per leg of travel. For in-flight entertainment you need to download an app prior to boarding. We did but it still didn’t work. No charging plugs if the seat is in the 1st row of economy cabin. Flight attendants friendly. Ordered special low sodium meals and got a wrap loaded with salt. Poor experience compared to regular Air Canada.
RouteLisbon to Toronto

"this is just miserable"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Phoenix. Well the plane is quite clean but the seats are small, so small. Why didn't I know about this? I've only been sitting in it for 1 hour and I'm so uncomfortable. We haven't even taken off yet. Oh for a drink to take the edge off but we haven't even left yet because staff loading the luggage can't shut the doors. Oh for some entertainment to distract me from this torture but no there is nothing. Seriously I'm so disappointed with myself for being on this flight. I've done budget airlines before easyJet, Ryanair. Maybe I'm too old now but this is just miserable. I've always been a big supporter of Air Canada, I had no idea this service was so vastly inferior. Boo AC. And never ever again. Except my return journey of course.
RouteToronto to Phoenix
Date FlownOctober 2018

"crew provided good service"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Osaka. We found this flight comfortable and the crew provided good service. It seems that many people are aggravated by the lack of screens on the back of seats, to provide distraction in flight. We never pay attention to those anyhow, except to track the plane's location. The food was good. The seats were good because recline was quite limited and so the people in front of us did not push back into our space. We got two meals which were palatable. Seating is 2xx2 so we did not have to climb over anyone to get to the aisle. I'd be happy to travel on this aircraft with this airline again.
RouteVancouver to Osaka
Date FlownOctober 2018

"airline charges for checked baggage"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Mexico City. I paid for extra leg room as I am tall (6'5") and on the return trip from Mexico the trip was abominable. I had to either spread my legs out, or cross them in forming an X. In addition, because the airline charges for checked baggage, there was no room for my backpack except under my seat, which limited the available leg room even more. Three days after the experience, I still have back pain and leg cramps. In addition, the app for inflight service demanded to be updated, and the wifi provided by the place did not allow for the update except by paying wifi fees. I will never fly with Air Canada Rouge again.
RouteToronto to Mexico City
Date FlownOctober 2018

"had to download an app"

Trip Verified | Our trip started in Atlanta to Toronto. This was a 2.5 hour trip. Our flight was not bad, but during the flight all we got was a cup of coke to drink and no snack. Our 2nd flight was Toronto to Athens, a 9 hour fight. Seating is what it is in this day an time, but most airlines have small TV's in front of you to see a movie or to see the flight. We did not know that we had to download an app on our phones to see a movie and when we did, the movies were so old, we did not bother with them. As meals go, we had a small meal which was chicken, a cold piece of bread, some kind of salad and a small cake. As I said this is a 9 hour flight, so we get breakfast if you want to call it that. All we got was a piece of sweet bread and coffee. The staff were friendly and helpful nothing bad there.
RouteToronto to Athens

"We enjoyed our flight"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Athens. We enjoyed our flight. The seating was narrow and had little adjustment. We had two meals and a snack all of which was enough for the flight. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We did not miss the entertainment as we read and napped. We would use this carrier again.
RouteToronto to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"seats are narrow and short"

Trip Verified | Nice to Montreal. We had an overseas flight which was over 8 hours. First, the seats are narrow and short with very little leg room. There was no entertainment system at all. We were only served a hot beverage once the whole flight. We had a little turbulence, but the flight was over 8 hours! I would not book with this airline again.
RouteNice to Montreal
Date FlownOctober 2018

"sold as Air Canada flights"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Las Vegas. The most uncomfortable flying experience available with flights that did not leave on time and oblivious staff. It’s underhanded that these flights are sold as Air Canada flights and yet offer a completely inferior level of service. Shouldn’t be allowed to market them this way. If it’s a different airline and essentially a different service,sell it that way.
RouteCalgary to Las Vegas