Air Canada rouge

"delayed almost an hour"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Barcelona. The flight was delayed out of Toronto for almost an hour. I almost miss my bus from Barcelona to Andorra because of the delay. I will stay away from Air Canada flights as there is no value for the money.
RouteToronto to Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2018

"I would recommend"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Mexico City. The service is alright. Nothing special. The flight left about 20 minutes late but pleasant overall. The crew were friendly, I would recommend this flight.
RouteToronto to Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2018

"most annoying flight"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Las Vegas. The flight crew was a little cranky always complaining that she didn't had enough sleep before the flight. Inflight service was terrible. This flight was the most annoying flight I had so far.
RouteToronto to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience. They over booked the flight from Montreal to Punta Cana. My wife couldn't even get confirmed until last minute. Even though we booked our trip 2 months before. Never got to sit with her. Entertainment never worked. Ran out of food for passengers. Food was bad. Some staff were nice, but most were rude. Never fly with Air Canada rouge again. Would rate zero out of 10 but have to give a 1 minimum.
RouteMontreal to Punta Cana
Date FlownMarch 2019

"went over and above"

Trip Verified | We were due to fly from Edmonton to Las Vegas and our flight was cancelled due to bad weather in Vegas. The airline was very nice to put us up in a hotel in Edmonton for the night, give us $20 of food passes for the airport and $40 food passes for the hotel for supper. It was not their fault that the weather in Las Vegas was poor so we appreciated what they did for us even though we felt they did not have to! We also received a $200 credit each so a total of $400 towards our next flights booked with them! How amazing we were very shocked to receive the email while in Vegas about the credit. I don’t normally have time to write reviews but I had to for this and feel Air Canada went out of their way to make us feel a little less sad that we had to stay one day of our vacation in Edmonton rather than Vegas! Thank your Air Canada you really went over and above!
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"only allow the small carry on free"

Not Verified | Montego Bay to Toronto. My husband and I have decided not to fly with Air Canada anymore. Hour and half late departing Montego bay Jamaica no snacks just a beverage for a 4 hour flight which turned into a six and a half hours flight. We sat on the tarmac for an hour and a half waiting to unboard the flight. With little or no updates until people were showing signs of frustration no offer of a complimentary drink or snack. When we landed we were told we would be off in 10 to 15mins which was a lie, it was an hour and a half later. With the seat belts sign on we were not allow to use the washroom for over an hour. No consideration towards their customers they seems to be taking away more every time we fly. They only allow the small carry on for free. Every check bag you have to pay for..
RouteMontego Bay to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Do not get economy plus"

Trip Verified | St. Lucia to Toronto. I’m unimpressed and disappointed. I wanted comfort on my way home and I wasn’t given it. I didn’t get the preferred seating (I get it, it’s not guaranteed) however, to be told I need to pay for my food by the flight attendant when I payed for it previously. My flight was delayed and I didn’t buy food in the airport because I was expecting to be fed. I have contacted the company and “in goodwill” they will only give me a 20% off my next flight. Which is insulting because I will never fly with them. They won’t do anything for me and “will continue to work hard on improving their customer service. I was ripped off and lied to. Do not fly with them. Do not get economy plus. There are way better air lines out there.
RouteSt. Lucia to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"service is non existent"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Orlando. The plane was filthy. Delays with retrieving a baggage from under a plane for a passenger who did not make the flight along with the plane loosing power (no lights or air) on the taxi way caused a 3 hour delay before take off. After landing in Orlando 3.5 hours late, the door to the baggage compartment was "frozen shut" resulting in a 4 hour delay at baggage claim. Absolutely no communication from Air Canada once on the ground. We landed at 2:50am and luggage did not arrive until 6:45am. I wrote a complaint and was told I will be contact within 52 business days. Customer service is non existent.
RouteToronto to Orlando

"Zero leg space"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Orlando. Zero leg space, I'm not a large individual, 5ft 8in tall and 120lbs and it was not a comfortable ride. Staff wasnt very kind when I ordered soup and then the tray on the seat back in front of me collapsed and became unusable for holding hot soup. I also had a drink on the tray, so I cannot hold 2 liquids and eat at the same time. No signage for the toilets, and armrests had buttons on them, cant rest your elbow without accidentally calling the flight attendants. Would never fly this airline again.
RouteToronto to Orlando

"Terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Thunder bay via Toronto. Terrible experience with Air Canada. Flights delayed or cancelled. I arrived in Vegas 24h later and left 24h + hours late. They refused to pay for a hotel. Told me to lay down on the floor. My luggage was lost, bad/no customer service, spent 3 hours in the plane after landing, etc. $500 later on extra money due the the inconvenience, I am hoping to hop on the next flight with the 2 previous ones being cancelled (not all weather related). When the first flight was cancelled on Feb 8, other airlines were departing, including Westjet and Porter. The whole thing was traumatizing enough overall that I am going to avoid flying for as long as I can.
RouteLas Vegas to Thunder bay via Toronto