Air Canada rouge

"very disappointed"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Toronto to Venice. No TV or in-seat entertainment. Poor meals for me. Clogged sink in the restroom. Small space for luggage. I was expecting more, I am very disappointed definitely will try to avoid flying with Air Canada rouge in the future.
RouteToronto to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2019

"No apologies, no solutions, no customer service"

Not Verified | Toronto to Orlando. I tried to checkin today for my wife and I and found out that they had put us in separate rows even though we booked these tickets 3 months ago. I called and they wouldn’t move us even though there were two emergency seats open. This occurred after they notified us 2 months ago that our flight home was cancelled and we had to choose a different flight. No apologies, no solutions, no customer service, just the arrogance of Air Canada.
RouteToronto to Orlando

"outstanding customer service"

Not Verified | I would like to express my gratitude for some outstanding customer service I experienced from ground crew from Las Vegas to Vancouver. I am an 80 plus-year-old lady that was not looking forward to all of the walking and stress of going through customs when we reached Vancouver. I was blown away with the attentive ground staff that whisked me through customs and made it so enjoyable and so stress-free, thank you so much for your assistance. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
RouteLas Vegas to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I expected more, and was thoroughly let down"

Trip Verified | I will write this review as honest, and fairly as I possibly can. By far, Air Canada Rouge is the worst airline I have flown in years. Even compared to other countries ultra budget airlines, AC Rouge sets the standard for negligence and incompetence. I will elaborate, on a beautiful October day, flight from Toronto to Calgary was originally scheduled to leave at 12.30pm ET. It left well over 2.5 hours later. The first aircraft at the gate was delayed by 30 mins due to "technical issues", which turned out to be caused by the baggage compartment doors being stuck. Only after an additional 30 minutes, did they move folks over to an adjacent gate, and different aircraft. Once the people from that flight had all disembarked, including the flight crew (which took about 20 minutes), we all waited another 30 minutes in line while some of the staff were scrambling to switch folks over, and others were standing around doing nothing or talking on their cell phones. Once everyone was on board and settled in, the Captain announced over the intercom that it would be yet another 40 minutes until catering arrived and stocked the aircraft! The seats being cramped and uncomfortable is to be expected. No points there either. Absolutely asinine. For Pete's sake this is a subsidiary of Air Canada, I expected more, and was thoroughly let down. I will avoid them in the future like the plague.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownOctober 2019

"extremely rude and cheap"

Not Verified | Absolutely the worst airline out there. Terrible seat, extremely uncomfortable, rude and unfriendly staff. No snack or screen on a 4 hour flight. They charged us 35$ for checking out one bag on the way to Punta Cana and 35$ again on the way back. They lost our luggage with our home key, car key and all our medications. Nobody accepts the responsibility. They are extremely rude and cheap. The worst airline out there. Stay away! I will never travel with Air Canada again and will never recommend it to anyone.
RouteOttawa to Punta Cana via Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"a disgrace to the Canadian image"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Toronto. Air Canada is pretty much a disgrace to the Canadian image and the maple leaf. It seriously needs to revamp it's customer experience/service strategy, as well as upgrade a majority of its fleet. Most of the planes, especially those serving its own country and the US are from sometime in the early 90's it seems. Squeaky seats, fraying seatbelts, broken air vents, non-functional lavatories causing huge delays, loss of baggage are just a few examples. Rude staff on the phone and on the planes is another disconcerting issue. Let's pull up our socks, Air Canada, and represent the country the way it deserves to be.
RouteLas Vegas to Toronto

"long wait at check-in"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Toronto. Awfully long wait at check-in although we were already checked in and printed our boarding pass. I recommend to go in the assistance required lineup which has double the counters. People who were behind us but did not already check in ended up well ahead of us checking in. I also would like to complain that on the overnight flight to Lisbon from Toronto the light above my seat could not be turned off (asked the flight attendant for help) and I could not sleep at all.
RouteLisbon to Toronto

"lost my sleeping bag"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Panama City. A 5 hour flight in an aircraft designed for domestic flights. No room for the legs, no food (not even a cracker), 2 glasses of tap water, a crowded and warm plane and no entertainment system. They lost my sleeping bag and refuse to take the claim at the airport.
RouteToronto to Panama City
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Air Canada Rouge was pretty poor"

Trip Verified | I flew Air Canada Rouge (booked by our Travel Agent, we saw Air Canada and thought 'great' we didn’t realise that they were their budget fleet) for three flights in September 2019 from Manchester to Toronto and Calgary and then Vancouver back to Manchester. I was with my husband and his parents. All three flights were delayed leaving: First Flight: two and a quarter hours delay taking off because of a fuel light fault (this should have been sorted before we boarded and sat there all that time - preventable) Second Flight: an hour late leaving owing to a staff shortage for that flight (this should have been sorted out before we boarded - preventable) Third Flight: 15 minutes late leaving because of a late boarding passenger (not really Rouges fault). On our first flight, the delay in leaving almost caused us to miss our connection in Toronto. We managed to make it to our connecting plane Boarding Passes in hand, only to be told we had been removed (our seats undoubtedly re-sold). After much dithering, the staff managed to re assign us. However, our luggage didn’t make the flight as Rouge had decided to put it on a later flight (ours and lots of other peoples) but didn’t think to tell us, so we waited ages at the carousel the other end unnecessarily. Eventually and after much anxiety on our part it all arrived at our hotel in the middle of the night. My husband and I were in Premium Economy. The seats were extremely hard and uncomfortable. Seatbelts were short with not much room to slacken. The legroom was fine, but you couldn’t stretch out as there was a large mounting bracket beneath the seat in front. The overhead bins were minuscule. The iPads we were given to entertain us on the return flight wouldn’t connect properly, saying there was an error. We couldn’t be bothered to report it as we were so tired. It looked like everyone else’s was the same. The food was just ok and nothing special. Air stewards on all flights were friendly enough, but did seem disinterested. My in-laws were in Economy and experienced all of the above, except smaller seats and no in-flight entertainment. Unfortunately, their seats weren’t clean either, attached is a picture of the gap in my mother-in-laws footwell, it was absolutely filthy and there appeared to be months of old litter and food debris. Unfortunately, as a whole Air Canada Rouge was pretty poor and it’s highly unlikely that we will ever use them again, or recommend them to anyone.
RouteManchester to Calgary via Toronto

"truly deserve nothing"

Not Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. This is the worst airline I have ever flown, the staff were so very rude. They have you squashed in there like sardines, you cannot move, you are constantly bumping the seat in front of you, as is the person sitting behind you. The seats, if you could call them that was like sitting on concrete, you literally had to crawl over the armrest to get out of your seat as there is no leg room at all. I have never been so uncomfortable in my entire life. The staff were horrible and when coming around with the beverage cart, they kept skipping rows and not bothering to ask people if they wanted anything. No in-flight entertainment at all, not even a place to plug in your headphones to at the very least listen to music. This airline is a joke if you ever see Air Canada rouge come up, stay far away. I tried to opt-out of giving any star ratings at all because they truly deserve nothing, but it would not allow me to submit otherwise.
RouteToronto to Edmonton