Air Canada rouge

"never had service as bad"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Montreal via Toronto. I have upgraded to business class on every flight I have taken on many different airlines and never had service as bad as we had on this flight. We upgraded 24 hours before, as I always do, and once in the plane, all they gave us was a bag of peanuts telling us that we cannot get food since we upgraded at the airport and it's too last minute to provide food (which was wrong). I know the upgrade details mentioned that we might not get the business class meal for free, but why were we not offered it for purchase, as we saw people in coach purchasing that same meal (which was for purchase on their inflight menu). Once we asked, the hostess became very rude and told us well have more drinks! Besides, the seats were way less comfortable than any other airline, especially Air Canada. So be careful when purchasing your tickets if you care at all about comfort because you will not get it, no matter how much you pay on Rouge.
RouteLas Vegas to Montreal via Toronto

"extremely uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Lima to Montreal. It is immoral of Air Canada to use this such an airplane for a long night flight over 8 hours. We were extremely uncomfortable, there was no entertainment and little service. The staff tells you to download the Air Canada Rouge application once on the plane when, if you are not from the country, likely you have no connection to download anything.
RouteLima to Montreal

"What a bad company"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Phoenix. Again a very disappointing experience with Air Canada rouge. They lost my luggage when I arrived in Phoenix and I didn't really get any help as the person there seemed pretty clueless. Anyway, I filled out a form and left for my hotel. After 2 days of arrival and still no luggage I had to call many times their terrible customer service. Their English accent is so bad it's hard to understand. So after 4 calls and 3 days I finally got a confirmation that the delivery was initiated. And then they added icing to the cake by waking me up at 3am for delivery of my luggage. No after service calls. No offer of compensation (I did have to buy some clothes and missed 2 bike rides as I had no bike). I long for the day that a serious airline will decide to properly service my area in Canada. What a bad company. And I haven't even started to talk about the bad flights.
RouteMontreal to Phoenix
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"no other form of inflight entertainment"

Not Verified | The internet didn’t work on an 8 hour flight and there was no other form of inflight entertainment. There was one plug that you had to share with your neighbour which is a little difficult if they expect you to use your own device for entertainment. Also the food was not very good, breakfast was over salted scrambled egg with bits of a cut up hotdog. We also didn’t get fed until the last half hour of our flight. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Seats were comfortable.
RouteLima to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"stop serving during turbulence"

Trip Verified | Toronto to San Jose Cabo. The crew team did not look professional, not friendly and not enough attention. Very strange policy with stop serving coffee during turbulence. Meaning that it was not safe to serve hot beverages but what about people which already got coffee a minute ago? We fly very often and never saw this practice. Washroom is not well maintained.
RouteToronto to San Jose Cabo

"disappointed & frustrated"

Trip Verified | I flew on Air Canada from Calgary to Las Vegas last December 28, 2018. I checked-in one luggage and had no carry on with me since it was a direct flight I didn't feel the need to bring a carry-on bag since all my things could fit in my checked-in luggage. I paid the baggage fee and checked-in earlier to make sure that I won't miss my flight. As soon as I passed through security I found out that my flight was delayed so I had no choice but to wait for another hour. That was tolerable and for whatever reason Air Canada would have I felt that I didn't need to make a big deal out of it. The worst part of my Air Canada experience was that upon Arrival in Las Vegas, I found out that my bag never made it to Las Vegas. I immediately went to the baggage claim office to file a report and they said that I would have to contact Air Canada so that they could trace my bag and send it to me. How the hell do you lose a luggage on a direct flight? Could you imagine how frustrating it was to be in a place where you literally had no clothes or any of your belongings with you for a 7 day trip? I have planned this vacation a long time ago and it was my only vacation for the year 2018. I have prepared a lot for this trip thinking that I would finally be able to relax and get my much needed rest. But I was wrong, Air Canada ruined my vacation because I mostly spent my time making a lot of phone calls, sending emails during the trip and what's worst is that I was only compensated for $200 which doesn't even compare or amount to the stress, hassle and huge inconvenience that they have caused me. They never really followed up anything with me during my whole vacation in Las Vegas. My luggage never arrived in Las Vegas. I had to literally buy everything in Vegas from underwear to toiletries. I had to always made time to just call them to check whether they have found my luggage. I never got the chance to give the presents that I have packed for my friends in Vegas. It was such a terrible and frustrating experience. As a frequent passenger of Air Canada I felt that this made me realize what kind of customer service Air Canada delivers in situations like this. Trust me, in case this happens to any of you, you can be assured that you will be getting the worst customer service. I never enjoyed my only vacation in Vegas in 2018 just because Air Canada failed to do their job and reassuring me that my luggage was safe and secured with them. If I never suggested the idea of calling the Calgary Airport to check whether my luggage is still there then I probably still don't have my luggage until now. There was no initiative on their part and their plan of action in reassuring their passengers that they will be able to track their luggage is very poor. It's sad to say that as I type this horrible experience from Air Canada, the $200 hasn't been paid. God knows when they will actually reply and take action on this. It's not even the money that I'm complaining about but its more on the amount of time that I wasted just to check the status of my luggage every now & then, the huge amount of stress thinking if I will ever find my luggage and my vacation plans were absolutely ruined just because everything that I needed for my trip was not with me all because of Air Canada's fault. How can you compensate all that? It's not like you can redo my vacation in Vegas all over again. The damage is done. I am so disappointed & frustrated with my experience with Air Canada. Never again.
RouteCalgary to Las Vegas
Date FlownDecember 2018

"plane was especially dirty"

Trip Verified | Flight was an average Air Canada Rouge Flight. Seat was cramped and it was hard to move around. The staff however were very hard working and very lovely, showed they wanted to be there. The plane was especially dirty which is sad considering it is one of ACRs newer 767s. The big downside came after the flight with baggage. We have priority baggage handling and our bags came out after regulars. My bag, because it was under 25k, had its priority tag ripped off. This isn’t the first time this has happened, as I did publish this on an earlier review. This is a problem that needs to be addressed as their altitude program is really becoming questionable.
RouteToronto to Fort Myers

"Terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Toronto via Moncton. Terrible experience from start to finish. Budget airline now nothing like the airline we travelled with years ago so dont be fooled into thinking it is an upgrade airline, I would compare it to as poor Ryanair. 3 out of 4 flights were delayed, no meals given, no apologies, no compensation whatsoever. Baggage did not arrive on our onward flight. What more can I say only I will never fly with Air Canada rouge again. They offered us discounted flights for this year, but who would want to go through that experience again, we are pensioners for goodness sake.
RouteManchester to Toronto via Moncton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"no better than economy"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Miami. You pay with points or cash for business class but it’s no better than economy on most other airlines. Air Canada should be ashamed. Unless I cannot use another airline I’ll avoid Rouge, even if I have to pay more. No room in overhead bins. Can barely fit anything under seat either!
RouteToronto to Miami
Date FlownDecember 2018

"pleased with my recent travels"

Not Verified | Toronto to Punta Cana. Was very pleased with my recent travels on flight 1712/1713 the meals were beyond expectations for an airline would recommend flying with them in the future
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER