Air Canada rouge

"no compensation given"

Trip Verified | I'm writing this on behalf of my mom and dad, who had a trip booked to Vancouver from Las Vegas. Unfortunately, a month before the trip date, they weren't able to fly anymore due to my mother's stage 4 cancer diagnosis. There was no compensation given for the canceled flight. Not a credit.
RouteLas Vegas to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"has to be the best time ever"

Not Verified | Winnipeg to Punta Cana via Toronto. Me and my family have flown many times on Air Canada and Air Canada rouge but this has to be the best time ever. When we left Winnipeg the flight attendant noticed that my mother has trouble walking so she talked to the ground staff in Winnipeg who then called Toronto and arranged a wheel chair for her when we landed to get us to our next flight. We could have made it on our own but the compassion and care that this flight staff gave to us really made our whole family’s day.
RouteWinnipeg to Punta Cana via Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"should allow some compensation"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Phoenix. 8:55 a.m. departure on AC 1836. 90 Minute delay originally posted. Then we get on plane actually go through de-icing and then we are told the lavatories don't work and we need maintenance. Back to the terminal. Then we are told we all have the right to deplane after ages on the tarmac. Final announcement is that we all need to deplane as the pilots have gone over time. We get off plane and are only told the plane will leave at 2 p.m. (originally an 8:55 a.m. flight). We were told our tickets served as vouchers for food. This actually worked, but in the end we are delayed 6.5 hours headed to a long weekend getaway in Phoenix - lost a complete day at resort but resort still wants its daily fee. We are offered nothing else yet the Passengers Bill of Rights should allow some compensation for delays over 5 hours that are the fault of the airline.
RouteToronto to Phoenix

"extremely bad experience"

Trip Verified | We were flying back from Orlando to Toronto, originally boarding time 4:10pm and scheduled to land before 8pm. We received multiple notifications about flight delays, each time saying it will be delayed approximately 1 hour. notifications kept coming as we waited with uncertainty, until finally it states plane would arrive at approx. 1:15am. At one point, after 11pm, it seemed like they were trying to genuinely expedite things for us, saying flight will arrive in 30 minutes and do quick turn around. 30 minutes later, another delay saying have to wait for 2 flight attendants to come in, 30 minutes away. another 30 minutes later, they said they are waiting for another attendant to come in, about 30 minutes away! Feels like just making excuses and in the end, boarding time remained unchanged at 1:15 approx. We were not offered any vouchers for meals. Once plane arrived, gate attendant did not show any sympathy regarding the passengers' frustration, but rather demanded and threatened that attendants be treated respectfully and politely, otherwise would turn plane around and none of the passengers will board. Gate attendant was rude, ignoring our questions and requests. If people are not completely frustrated by now, then I can't think of a better way to agitate everyone. Finally arrived back at Toronto around 4:30. after picking up luggages and passing customs, arrived home at 5:30. Unfortunately, had to go to work exhausted. Overall, extremely bad experience.
RouteOrlando to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Wonderful service provided"

Not Verified | Toronto to Fort Lauderdale. Wonderful service provided on Flight 1626 on March 1st. Blair and Freedom really went out of their way to make sure the passengers had an enjoyable flight. After a delay of over an hour the passengers were getting a bit angry but these flight attendants really worked hard to keep their passengers happy and smiled all the way through it!
RouteToronto to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2020

"complaint about cabin announcements"

Trip Verified | I have a complaint about cabin announcements made on AC Rouge Flight 1659 Tampa to Toronto on Feb 16, 2020. Safety and advisory oral messages were given at garbled high speed, heavily accented and were next to unintelligible to me. Cabin communications must be clearly enunciated, at a moderate speed and presented in a serious manner.
RouteTampa to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | I was a bit wary about flying Air Canada Rouge. Numerous comments and reviews and without question the majority of those comments / reviews were negative. I flew from my home in Kelowna (central B.C.) to Edmonton then to Toronto on an A321. I was pleasantly surprised by this aircraft, spotlessly clean and the seating (I was in regular economy for this part of my trip ) was spacious and comfortable. The cabin crew were delightful, quite young and very friendly and efficient, service was very good. The next part of my trip was Toronto to Glasgow, an evening flight on an older Boeing 767, I was in premium economy. There was a separate cabin for premium economy, I had two large seats to myself. The food was excellent, a lovely meal served with a nice imported red wine, service was top class, well done ladies! On these older 767's there is no in flight entertainment, that is simply an issue that you should be aware of prior to booking. I knew that so I downloaded a couple of good movies from Netflix to my tablet and I had a good pair of comfortable headphones. I sat back and enjoyed the flight, had a couple of nice highballs and then a couple of hours nap before landing in Glasgow. All in all an enjoyable experience flights were right on time, if there was anything negative it was landing in Glasgow at 6.30 in the morning. My return flight was Glasgow to Heathrow then on to Vancouver in premium economy again top notch. I'm away again this September to Glasgow, my travel agent found me a very good fare with Air Canada in premium economy.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 777
RouteKelowna to Glasgow via Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Rude, impatient and dismissive treatment"

Not Verified | Ottawa to Tampa. Absolutely the worst experience flying with any airline. Seats so tight together that my sore arthritic knees were forced up against the seat in front of me. The tray table if I had been able to use it would have hit me in the chest. I have been flying since I was 5 years old and so I have 55 years experience when I say that flying has never been so uncomfortable. Top this off with the rudeness we were met with everywhere we turned, especially at check in at the Air Canada counter in Ottawa. Rude, impatient and dismissive treatment. It was truly a horrible experience. Because of the lack of space it was very warm and made us feel claustrophobic. The passengers on the flight kept getting out of their seats as a result. My husband was hit by the cart each time it went by. We are people not cattle.
RouteOttawa to Tampa
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"waiting on a stationary plane"

Not Verified | Toronto to Bogota. Do you like waiting on a stationary plane for hours and hours? Are you allergic to water, food, and other simple luxuries? Do you hate getting to a hotel that you've already paid for the day after you were supposed to? If you answered yes to these questions, then boy, do I have an airline for you!
RouteToronto to Bogota
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"crew are not helpful at all"

Trip Verified | Toronto to West Palm Beach. I have flown AC for a few weeks now and noticed they have no on-time arrival statistics because they are continually late. There are tremendous inefficiencies at the gate and on boarding crew, they are not helpful at all. They smile and speak two languages but that does not assist passengers trying to figure out where to put their luggage when there is no room left. Their website is difficult to navigate and the link to Aeroplan is less than stellar. They also are not very accommodating making sure folks stay hydrated in the air. Trying to call or electronically communicate forget it, no answer. Unfortunately, the price of the tickets is no different than any other airline. It does show when there are no regulations and big corporations like Air Canada can do what they want and treat their customers any way they choose. Sometimes a little regulation goes a long way. There are no watchdogs on this airline!
RouteToronto to West Palm Beach