Air Canada rouge

"left us stranded"

Trip Verified | Cancelled our flight two days before a hurricane was anywhere nearby citing bad weather, meanwhile Air Transat and other liners continued to fly passengers out on the exact same route for the next few days no issues whatsoever. Air Canada left us stranded and to fend for ourselves, offering absolutely nothing but an apology email. To further aggravate our desperate situation our local AC representative, asked us to wait an additional day for more information from him before securing a spot in a hotel for an extended stay. Unbelievably, the essential information that we were waiting for was that we're out of luck and that it was not his problem. As you can imagine by the tone of this review, we are still trapped in the Dominican riding out a hurricane that has only just begun to touchdown. Hoping and praying to fly out in two days, unless they cancel that flight as well. The credit card can only take so many extended bookings.
RouteToronto to Punta Cana
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"quite appalled by the service"

(Barbados)

Trip Verified | Traveled Air Canada rouge from Bridgetown to Toronto and back to BGI. To YYZ was not bad as there was just a slight delay. On the way back to BGI the staff was not understanding as I was traveling with medication and the scales were off as I had to use 2 different scales that gave different weights and I had to move around items and was advised I would have to pay $100 cad for 1lb of overweight. The staff were rude and very nonchalant about it. I requested fragile stickers for my luggage my luggage was brand new and there were a few items in my luggage that could break. When I received my luggage a it was dented and a wheel was off. I'm quite appalled by the service received as ticket price were extremely expensive seeing the space given for seating and no entertainment, having to pay for wifi and even water.
RouteBridgetown to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"anything to avoid this plane next time"

Trip Verified | Air Canada rouge told me that I can’t carry my instrument like that for security purposes and refused to hear anything I had to say. The staff told me that I didn’t register my instrument and refused to listen to me when I tried to tell him that I did (my instrument even had an Air Canada tag on it). I specially checked on each airport to be sure that I will have no issue. He threatened to take me out of the plane and acted with authority if I refused to cooperate with his plan of inserting my acoustic musical instrument between hard cases in the compartment above the seats. There were 4 empty seats in front of me under which I could have inserted my instrument securely. Staff simply cut all communication canals, inserted my instrument in the worst possible place, and told me Air Canada is not responsible for any damage. I will do anything to avoid this plane next time I will travel from Quebec.
RouteMontreal to Quebec
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never travel this airline again"

Not Verified | They make you check your bags for a fee of 30 USD plus fees. Hence no traveller wants to pay this fee, and you therefore have 130+ people bringing on a carry on suit case. There simply is not enough room. Customers getting frustrated with one another when people move bags without asking. We left late due to the debacle of trying to find room for these bags. Not good when we are already going to be arriving back into Toronto after 11.30pm. Then they ask you take anything that is not a wheely suitcase and put it by your feet, which serves to only reduce the meagre leg room provided on these flight. What with zero entertainment and wifi that we have to pay for, I will never travel this airline again. Air Canada you should be ashamed that you operate this service showing your name.
AircraftA320-200
RouteToronto to Tampa
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"denied access to my carry"

Trip Verified | I flew to Canada with Akr Canada from Ft Lauderdale, USA on September 1, flight number is AC 1605 and departure time was 15.05 and the check in crews were very rude. They denied access to my carry on so I had to check it in and it had many valuables inside. Once I was in the plane, I realized my carry on will fit with no problem and plane was not full and many overhead bins. I have been traveling everywhere to Europe etc and they never denied my carry on and I know this is pure discrimination. The guy that worked that day was the worst and I am so sorry I didn't ask his name. While people were in line he walked toward the line and checked every passenger suitcases that were in line to lift and weigh them with his arms to figure out whether they were heavy enough or not and I never seen such thing like that my whole life traveling across continents. Air Canada you treat customers that are not Canadians like we flew for free. We paid for tickets. The same guy that denied my carry on insisting on that was too big. Once in the cabin, I have seen similar suitcases that were like mine.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Montreal
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"The customer service is horrible"

Not Verified | Air Canada is the worst airline I have ever flown with. My family of four flew to Athens, Greece from New York and Chicago with a connection at Toronto. In addition to long delays, Air Canada forced us to check in our carry-ons. One of my son's suitcase never made it to Greece. Ten days later and we have no word about where the suitcase is. At the beginning we were told that the suitcase went to Paris but its traces got lost after that. The customer service is horrible. We spent many hours trying to call an Air Canada number we were given but nobody answered the phone after waiting on the line for over one hour at a time. Air Canada ruined our vacation. We will never use this airline in the future. Stay away.
RouteNewark to Toronto via Athens

"Avoid at all costs"

Not Verified | Madrid to New York via Toronto. Air Canada has the worst customer service and - well, service in general - of any airline I've ever flown on. Countless delays followed by several cancelled flights, no help from "customer service", non-existent support when you try to call and make contact. I could go on and on and on. Plus good luck trying to get reimbursed for their incompetence. This is basically a criminal organization masquerading as an airline. Avoid at all costs.
RouteMadrid to New York via Toronto
Date FlownJune 2022

"the Premium is simply a scam"

Not Verified | Booked and paid for Premium Economy seats, but due to their wrong rows numbering, got regular seats. Food was no different from other passengers. So the Premium is simply a scam. The flight attendant was rude. She likely missed the class how to be courteous and how make passengers feel good. I am a frequent traveller so I am qualified to say Air Canada is from far, my worst flying experience ever.
RouteMontreal to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJune 2022

"avoid Air Canada if at all possible"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately here to share a negative experience with Air Canada. I flew out from Toronto (YYZ) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on June 22, 2022, Flight 1628. To begin with, as sprawling as Pearson Airport is the signage is lacking and honestly not clear at all, so it was extremely confusing to figure out exactly where we needed to go just to check in for our specific flight. Air Canada's ground customer service was painfully slow and inefficient - I get there are staffing shortages with the pandemic aftermath, but this was a little excessive. Our flight boarded a few minutes behind schedule which wasn't the end of the world, but we were scheduled to take off at 4.45pm and did not take off until almost 7.00pm! All of us literally sat on the tarmac going nowhere for over 2 hours! The cabin crew was essentially clueless and the pilot kept giving one excuse after another for the delay which didn't even make sense. Every passenger was pretty agitated about the situation, to say the least...we finally took off way behind schedule and did not make it into Fort Lauderdale until almost 10.00pm (original landing time was 7.45pm). The flight itself was OK. At least on AC Rouge, I found the legroom to be mediocre, and the seating marginally comfortable. Flight attendants were generally polite, but not necessarily friendly. Overall, this is my second experience flying Air Canada. My first time was in 2015 going to/from Montreal and I also dealt with poor customer service then, so I should have learned my lesson, but I hope this cautions other potential fliers to avoid Air Canada if at all possible - especially if your travel plans are not flexible or if you need to catch a connecting flight!
RouteToronto to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJune 2022

"They kept changing the flight time"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. They kept changing the flight time, we had to over go a delay of one hour and when we finally got to the airport we waited for an extra one hour because there was another plane in our spot. Not recommended.
RoutePunta Cana to Montreal