Air Canada rouge

"No longer a bargain flight"

Trip Verified | Flew to Lisbon Sept 10 on AC1916, economy. Nice new plane. First drink not served until dinner 2 or 3 hours later. Staff confirmed in flight entertainment did not work on this plane. Should work on iPad or android device as there are no built in screens on Rouge. On flights to Europe they do provide a hot meal. It was very good (within north America you pay for food). The fees to pre-book seats are high, exorbitant for seats with more leg room. No longer a bargain flight. Standard seats are okay, as on air transat. Rouge MUST solve the in-flight entertainment.
RouteToronto to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"nothing premium about this aircraft or service"

Not Verified | Las Vegas to Toronto. There was nothing premium (or Rouge's version of Business Class) about this aircraft or service. First, the aircraft: a very old 767 where the overhead bins were not configured to match today's carry-on baggage. Thankfully, my carry-on was only partially filled because I had to push that down to squeeze it into the bin above my seat. The seat itself looked premium class in a 2 by 2 by 2 configuration. On take-off and landing everything rattled and shook and I was actually surprised the plane made the flight without falling to pieces. Service: only a bottle of water laid on the seat with no pre-flight drink service like other "business class" offerings from other airlines. The wine, if one wants to call it that, was barely drinkable and I chose the pasta meal choice because the curry from the butter chicken was making me nauseous and I was in row 1! The crew did the mandatory service of drinks followed by lunch then a snack before landing. However, in between all of this there was hardly any follow-up with the premium class passengers. They were more concerned with ensuring that the curtain from the cabin to the galley was shut solid with the velcro closures. Getting to Vegas I used a different airline where the service was top notch as it should for business class but the kicker: the other airline cost was about 70% less than what I paid for this dreadful flight!
RouteLas Vegas to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Wouldn’t do anything to help"

Trip Verified | Venice to Toronto. Horrible experience with this airline. Will never fly with Air Canada rouge again. We were delayed due to mechanical issues for nearly 3 hours causing us to miss our connection. Wouldn’t do anything to help and had the attitude that they got us from point A to B so who cares what time it was supposed to get in. Awful customer service. Entertainment system kept freezing up the whole flight. All in all a terrible experience.
RouteVenice to Toronto

"disappointing customer service"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Warsaw via Toronto. Really disappointing customer service - when they ran out of hot tea in my aisle, I had to ask for it couple times and still didn’t get it. I was shocked, this attitude is something that cannot be explained. Little leg room, old aircraft, no entertainment in seats and bad experience. No snacks included on a 5,5h flight to San Francisco, meals served only on Europe to Canada flight. Tickets weren’t cheap and that’s why all those mentioned things were more than frustrating.
RouteLos Angeles to Warsaw via Toronto

"Rouge is a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Deer Lake to Toronto. Flew to Newfoundland on Friday and flight was delayed over 2 hours due to mechanical problems. Now trying to fly back to Toronto on Monday after a great weekend only to be delayed 4 hours due to mechanical problems. I love Newfoundland (born in Ontario) but stay away from this airline - Rouge is a nightmare.
RouteDeer Lake to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2019

"very helpful flight attendant"

Trip Verified | We travelled Toronto to Varadero with Air Canada rouge in late August and very pleased: the on-time departure, flight crew service, food served / purchased, very comfortable, not as cold as we have experienced with other airlines. Karim and Cassandra were very helpful flight attendant. We will chose this airline in our future travel. Thank you.
RouteToronto to Varadero

"I am very upset"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Montreal. I requested wheelchair assistance with a service dog but the gentleman did not want to push the wheelchair because I had my service dog with me. His exact words were "I don’t like dogs" even though he saw how badly I needed his help. I am very upset that this happened, the man was very rude and arrogant. Thank goodness there was another kind man nearby us who offered his assistance because my family member was carrying the bags.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Montreal

"Very cheap service"

Not Verified | Flight 1852, August 22, Las Vegas to Toronto. Very cheap service. No coffee or tea. With the Air Canada stocks doing so well, the company should invest more in customer satisfaction. No space for luggage on plane even though it meets the requirements.
RouteLas Vegas to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2019

"could not get over the filthiness"

Not Verified | Nice to Montreal with Air Canada rouge. Flew both with this airline for my recent honeymoon in August 2019. Both flights were delayed for “technical issues”. I could not get over the filthiness of the plane. See picture attached. I wish I had also taken a picture of the tray which was covered in crumbs and smears from previous passengers.
RouteNice to Montreal
Date FlownAugust 2019

"premium seats very comfortable"

Trip Verified | While the premium seats (extra legroom) in rows 13 to 15 were very comfortable, the real irritation was with the Air Canada Rouge Player. I tried to watch two movies on my return flight (to Toronto) on August 16. Both movies cut out at various places in the movie. I waited patiently for the buffering circle to take me back to the movie where it was interrupted but neither movie came on. I had to exit the Air Canada app, re-enter the App, re-enter the Rouge player, and try to fast forward to where each movie was interrupted. I gave up on the first movie, thinking there was something particularly wrong with that movie. Same thing happed with my second move. I had to exit and re-enter the player over 10 times (I stopped counting at 10). In this day and age, an airline like AC Rouge, which forces you to use an wifi player to access entertainment, you would think they could get it right and make the experience seamless, enjoyable and not irritating. This ruined my flight. Never had this problem on Westjet, which uses a similar wifi player on its app.
RouteToronto to Las Vegas