Air Astana

"modern, well appointed planes"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Tashkent to Hong Kong via Astana/Almaty. Arrived early at Tashkent airport just to be told that Astana Air does not offer a lounge at that airport anymore. Boarding was chaotic, as they annouced boarding, traveling business class I rushed to the gate, only to be told to wait 10 minutes. Then, they started boarding the around 100 economy class passengers as I waited standing by the counter. After around 15 minutes, I was invited to board, very weird process. Once onboard, I was greeted by 2 friendly flight attendants, who showed my seat and offered an welcome drink. Cabin was beautiful with mood lighting and well apointed, very comfortable seat for 2 hours flight. After take off, they offered more drinks with warm nuts, plus took dinner orders. Food was delicious, well prepared and of high quality. Next flight from Astana to Almaty, they offered a good lounge in Astana, with some basic snacks. They had a special boarding line for business, boarding was very efficient and fast. 767 cabin is really beautiful, well appointed and comfortable even for longer flights. Welcome champagne offered and menus distributed. Food, once again, excellent and high quality, as well as drinks options. From Almaty to Hong Kong, the longest portion, I was invited to the lounge, but as I entered it, I was advised that Air Astana passengers cannot use the buffet facility or bar, and must pay for any drink consumption of drinks, even water. Noticed passengers from other airlines using the same lounge to have access to a full buffet and drinks choice, so very poor experience for Air Astana premium customers. Anyway, they also offered a separate line for business class and boarding was fast and efficient. Once again a 767 with beautiful cabin and very comfortable flat seats. Also this time, crew was courteous and friendly and dinner was of high quality, as well as drinks. They also offered a very nice ammenities kit and noise-reducing headsets, but wifi was not working on this flight. All in all, in those 3 flights, I received excellent service from professional and courteous flight attendants plus high quality ammenities and food / drink choices. Only aspect to be improved are the lounges experience, especially for international flights. But all flighst were ontime, with excellent crew and modern and well appointed planes/cabins, so I am looking forward to fly on Air Astana business class again in the future.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 767-300
RouteTashkent to Hong Kong

7th November 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Mauricio Canosa, We would like to thank for your warm words regarding the work of Air Astana employees and our service. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience and we highly appreciate you taking your time to share you feedback. Your comments have been addressed to the leaders of the departments involved and will be used as a base for further improvement of our services. As you will be aware, the business class lounge in Almaty is not operated by Air Astana and is used by many of the airlines flying to Almaty as there is no other alternative. It is run by the airport operator. We do not think that the level of service and the catering provisions are satisfactory for our customers, so to date have only arranged access for convenience, whilst we continue discussions with the provider. Please accept our apologies for this. We are pleased that you enjoyed our lounge in Astana, the Shanyrak, which we do operate ourselves. We would like to thank you for taking the time to make this report which will assist us to continually enhance our customer service delivery. Please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] if you have any further queries or comments, and our customer relations team will respond to you directly. With best regards,

"All flights on time"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Saint-Petersburg to Astana, Astana to Almaty and from Almaty to Tbilisi. Food just perfect, chicken with baked potatoes, next flight potato dumplings with bacon, and the last one beef with pasta. Good amenity kit on international flights in economy class - useful brush, tooth paste, socks. First flight was on A320 with no personal screens, but I used KC TV app. Next flight about 1 hour and it was B757 with personal entertainment, and the last one was Embraer 190 also I was using KC TV. Cabin crew on the flight from Almaty to Tbilisi was unbelievable attentive. All flights on time, clean cabins.
AircraftA320 / B757 / E190
RouteSt Petersburg to Tbilisi via Astana / Almaty

8th October 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear German Zamorin, On behalf of the entire Air Astana team, we want to thank you for flying with Air Astana and for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent flights. We do everything possible to ensure that our customers feel comfortable and safe when flying with us. We hope to see you on board of our flight again soon.

"way more than I expected"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Bangkok via Astana / Almaty. Air Astana was way more than I expected. Check in was super easy and the cabin service is great. The food, drinks and entertainment make long flights easier. They took amazing care of me when flights changed but I had an important appointment and they moved things around for me to get me back in time. They also put me up in a great hotel where I was also able to go explore Kazahkstan for a day! I will definitely be looking for flights with them again.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok via Astana / Almaty

8th October 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear N Lasiva, With the reference to your review, we would like to express our deepest appreciation and gratitude for the warm words regarding the work of Air Astana employees, both in the air and on the ground, and our service. We are pleased to know about your positive experience with us. We strive to make the travel experience as comfortable as possible and we look forward to seeing you on board of our aircraft again soon.

"weren't able to give me an answer"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I'm replying back on Air Astana's response which been posted on 18th September 2018 : Air Astana's response: Let us highlight that the transfer counter in Beijing is not just an Air Astana or Cathay Dragon transfer counter. It is a general airport transfer counter for all airlines, and all transfer passengers wait there for the counter to be opened at 6am. Based on the report from our colleagues in Beijing, on arrival you were met by our staff, who checked your baggage tag and passport. After the transfer counter opened, you were provided with boarding pass on time and continued with your flight to Hong Kong. I asked so many times Air Astana representatives to recheck exactly this details about operation hours of transit counter in Beijing, they weren't able to give me an answer. Based on the report - "your colleague in Beijing met me and provided the boarding pass"?! Nobody met me at the transfer zone, the lady from the immigration desk saw i was crying and offered me the help, she wrote on a piece of paper details of my flight based on my ticket on my phone, the boarding pass i got only at the gate, couple minutes before it closed! My baggage was founded by Cathay Dragon - yes, but when at the same day i called Air Astana representatives before my baggage been found and asked to check regarding my missing baggage, i got an answer over email only after 1 week. I have been a loyal customer of Air Astana over 11 years and instead of apologies, Air Astana representative try to look this case that it's my fault - its fault of Air Astana representatives. You cannot sell on your official website the tickets which have only 1H transit time, i believe you should recheck transit desks operating hours before you sell those connection flight or at least notify your clients about potential risk of missing the connecting flight, as flight arrive at 5AM transit desk open at 6AM next flight at 7AM. 2. I believe Air Astana representatives should have better knowledge about those details and when clients ask about transfer activities in the airport where will be connection flight, your rep. should be able to provide this info. I will not even bother to write all this post but its very affair that after 11 years using your airline I have been treated like this!
RouteAlmaty to Hong Kong via Beijing

15th October 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Kristina Trushnikova, Thank you for your comments both via this forum and directly with our management team. We do regret and apologize for this incident, and that you were left unsatisfied with our initial response. We hope that the comments from our senior team were helpful. We look forward to your next trip as discussed, and hope we can serve you better on that occasion.

"aircraft was new and clean"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Almaty. The aircraft was new and clean. Business Class passengers were greeted and escorted. The staff were attentive and courteous. Food on board was as good as airline food can be. We were a group of over hundred passengers that flew in over 3 days for a celebration and in spite of a some celebratory behavior, the crew were friendly and tolerant. One of the return flights had some technical issue and the aircraft had to be changed. We are looking forward to travel back again.

3rd October 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Chetan Seth, On behalf of the entire Air Astana team, we want to thank you for sharing your the most memorable experiences with us during your recent flight. We would love to welcome you on board again. with best regards,

"a solid experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Almaty. Great airline and service, no complaints. The staff was courteous and helpful. New planes, overall a solid experience, highly recommended.

3rd October 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Sunil, With the reference to your review, we would like to express our deepest appreciation for the warm words regarding the aircraft, work of Air Astana staff and our service. We look forward to welcoming you on board soon. with best regards,

"no personal inflight entertainment"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Moscow via Astana. The Check-in staff at Delhi airport were more suspicious towards Indian passengers. The staff was asking more questions than the immigration officers. The ground staff was managed by Air India. And the staff of the Air India is the worst, they were very rude and behaved unprofessionally. The in-flight entertainment looked like it was from the 90's. There was no personal inflight entertainment system on board. The plane looked the older fleet. Cabin Crew was quite friendly. But the food was the typical. I expected Kazakhstan cuisine on board. Beef was not served on Board. And now the Transit part. Astana airport was of good size and very well maintained. But the problem is that the airport doesn't provide drinking water to the departure and transfer passengers and people have no choice but to buy drinking water (1 euro for 500 ml). Wifi was not working, the login wasn't opening (neither in my laptop nor in my mobile phone). Astana to Moscow no complaints for this flight because everything was perfect. From food to the in-flight entertainment system. Returning, Moscow Sheremetyevo to Almaty in-flight service by the cabin crew was very good. Problem was that there was no personal inflight entertainment system. The Check-in staff at the Moscow Sheremetyevo was quite friendly and helpful. Almaty to Delhi flight was late due to transfer passengers. But it was not a problem because the duration was not much. The problem The cabin crew looked exhausted for no reason. The food served on the flight was only a light breakfast (omelette and a small piece of potato cutlet) which is not sufficient for a 2 hour+ flight. A complete meal should have been served. There was personal no in-flight entertainment system. Only a screen on top at a distant which was playing a movie in Russian/Kazakh. Almaty airport was quite Small but well maintained. The airport looked crowded because of the huge amount of passengers. And also no potable water for passengers. Only payable bottled water.
RouteDelhi to Moscow via Astana

5th October 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear M Kashan, We regret that we did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we take your feedback seriously and consider it carefully. Ninety percent of the Air Astana fleet is equipped with personal In-flight Entertainment system. It's either via personal seat back screens or via a streaming system (KCTV Stream), which enables passengers to view the content via their own devices (tablet/phone/laptop). For those passengers who do not have a suitable device, we still offer the traditional overhead screen monitors. In 2019 we expect to have 100% coverage of personal inflight entertainment. Thank you for taking the time to make this report. We hope that you will be onboard again soon.

"Excellent service"

Not Verified | Flew Delhi to Almaty with Air Astana. Excellent service, the aircraft was well maintained and they exceed our expectations on ground too. Even though we had a technical glitch with the aircraft they were super fast to resolve it.

3rd October 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Puneet, we are delighted to hear that you were satisfied while flying with Air Astana. We would do our best to continue improving our award-winning service constantly. We are looking forward to welcoming you on board again soon. with best regards,

"awful experience"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Tbilisi via Almaty. A horrible and awful experience I ever met. Unprofessional ground crew and poor arrangement of delayed flight. I wont take Air Astana again and wont recommend.
RouteHong Kong to Tbilisi via Almaty

28th September 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear L Tan, Let us thank you for dedicating your time to provide your review. We want to apologize for the service that did not meet your expectations after your recent flights from Hong Kong to Tbilisi via Almaty. We realize our passengers want their trips to go according to plan and to reach their destinations at the time they’re expecting to. Also there is no doubt that a deciding factor in meeting on-time performance is the efficiency of our ground handling staff. Understanding this we have sent your review to the management team of our Ground Services Department. In order to fully investigate your dissatisfaction please contact us on [email protected] with your travel details. Our apologies again for this situation, and we hope that this experience will not prevent you from using our services in the future. Yours sincerely,

Air Astana customer review

Trip Verified | Delhi to Almaty return. Our group was more than 20 passengers travelling to Almaty from Delhi on 10th Sept. We were very impressed with the in-flight service and the personal touch. One of the air hostesses also welcomed us both in Hindi and English. Our group’s return journey was on 17th September from Almaty to Delhi which was again very comfortable and the service was extremely good.

21st September 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Pavan, On behalf of the entire Air Astana team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us about your recent flight. It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback. By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing our mission, but exceeding the expectations of our valued passengers. Thank you for flying with us and we would love to see you onboard of our flight again! with regards,