Air Astana

"Food was perfect"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | St-Petersburg to Istanbul via Almaty. A21 neo for both ways with Recaro seats,comfortable for 5-6 hours flight. Food was perfect, especially from Istanbul. Good choice of beverages. On the way to Istanbul I over slept my dinner, but I got it after and the coffee was hot. In Istanbul new airport I had to visit Air Astana kiosk and I got qualified assistance there! Other flights Saint-Petersburg to Almaty, from Almaty to Astana and back to Saint-Petersburg were very good.
AircraftA321neo / A320.
RouteSt-Petersburg to Istanbul via Almaty
Date FlownApril 2019

"never come back with blanket"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | My flight from Tbilisi to Bangkok via Almaty on 15-16APR. I wasn't sure what’s wrong with inflight service for sector ALA to BKK. My friend and I have asked crew for blanket as it’s very cool and we were unable to adjust the temperature due to the type the aircraft which didn’t have the option on the compartment. She was providing blanket to passengers and when she reached my row/seat, she said that “Women/Children first” Her tone/sound eye contact was very rude. Is this policy to provide blanket to women and children first? I don’t mind if I get after, but I didn’t get it. I doubt that Women/children paid more expensive ticket? However, I also paid for the ticket. I was’t taking free flight. We were waiting until she provided blanket to all women and children. However, she has never come back with blanket to us. My woman friend sit behind has offered her blanket to me as I was so cool and freezing. Have sent this comment to the airline and they apologized but not response or clarify from what I doubt/questions. In addition, drink has’t served even water in the morning before landing at Bangkok. I asked for water, but the crew said I am busy with collecting blanket and never come back to us.
RouteTbilisi to Bangkok via Almaty

"Excellent economy flight"

Trip Verified | Excellent economy flight with Air Astana. This was an afternoon flight and they provide an amenity cit for all passengers and a blanket. Cabin crew friendly and hospitable. Several times they go around with drinks and the food was really delicious. A perfect Economy flight.
AircraftB767
RouteNursultan to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2019

"best option for the region"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Istanbul. I use Air Astana for my domestic and international flights, I can say that they are best option for the region. The quality of service, aircraft quality keeps increasing.
RouteAlmaty to Istanbul

20th March 2019 : Air Astana response

Dear C Gantin, We highly appreciate you taking time to share your positive feedback. Hope to see you on board another Air Astana flight soon. Best regards, Customer Relations Team

"impression is great"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Almaty. Overall impression is great. Flight attendants very attentive and nice - food is good. Entertainment, since I am traveling often, variety is limited for me. Renewed in two months, not enough. Some some standard business class seats, but I would prefer to Beijing a bed seat, it is night flight.
RouteDubai to Almaty

14th May 2019 : Air Astana response

Dear D Galetov, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your flight with Air Astana. Our fleet is modern and young; it consists of Boeing – 767, 757, Airbus 320 Neo, Airbus 321 Neo, Embraer E90. Currently fully flat-bed seats are available on our Boeing-767 that operates on international and domestic flights across our network. We hope you will be able to catch your next flight on our B767 to have even more comfortable journey. Regarding our in-flight entertainment system, it is indeed updating once in two months, but several sections like new and popular films are updating every month to provide more options for frequent travelers. We will be pleased to welcome you on another Air Astana flight very soon. Regards, Zhanna

"a very nice experience"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Astana on an early morning flight in economy class. I was impressed by this aircraft which still feels very new inside. Inflight entertainment is available at each seat (with a USB port) and there is a good selection of programs. The flight attendants were nice and professional, good info from the pilots and we arrived to Astana with no delay. Overall a very nice experience.
RouteAlmaty to Astana

27th March 2019 : Air Astana response

Dear Kanat Skakov, Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We strive to make the travel experience as comfortable as possible and we look forward to seeing you on board of our aircraft again soon. With regards Zhanna

"Consistency of ground service"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Astana. Consistency of ground service, food, cabin service and inflight entertainment are core values of this airline. Sometimes I push myself to have connecting flights to the destinations where they have no direct flights.
RouteAlmaty to Astana

20th March 2019 : Air Astana response

Dear Erdal Seyhan, Thank you, we’re pleased to hear about your review. We look forward to welcoming you on board another Air Astana flight soon. Yours sincerely, Customer Relations Team

"nightmare in trying to confirm cancellations "

Trip Verified | The shared Lounge Facility at Heathrow was very good. The ground crew and cabin crew were all very friendly as my wife was travelling with a very painful condition. The Business Class seats offer a great deal of room and can be arranged to lie flat, but are a bit hard, the food was good. The cabin crew arranged for a wheelchair and assistance at Astana, which was there on arrival. We unfortunately had to cancel our onward flights to Bangkok as my wife's condition took an unexpected turn for the worse. We had a nightmare in trying to confirm cancellations and working out the refund due. Customer service had not replied to an email after 10 days. However, it is not that mistakes happen that is a detriment to airlines, it is how they are handled by senior management. I wrote to the CEO vie email and got a very prompt response, with a 2 page letter explaining some of the background, but more importantly what would be done to avoid a repeat should this happen to someone else.
RouteHeathrow to Astana
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"perfect meal each way"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | This journey was 6 legs long with Air Astana. Saint-Petersburg to Almaty, from Almaty to Ust'-Kamenogorsk and back, Almaty to Aktobe and back, and finally from Almaty to Saint-Petersburg. If my trip from LED to ALA is usual thing almost two times a year, but my new discovery was domestic flight KC863/864 from Almaty to Aktobe. Oh my god, even choice of hot meal dish. Other stuff just have to mention : clean cabin, perfect meal each way. I also had my air astana's mug I got last year. It's capacity is about 400 ml and asked to fill it up with coffee: "no problem, sure!“ I heard the answer! My flight from Ust'-Kamenogorsk was delayed, but I got notification by e-mail 4 hours before departure, so I was still at home. 6 flights and only one delay. I think it's good factor. overall: everywhere I saw attentive staff, helpful managers and perfect service.
AircraftBoeing 757 / A320 / E190
RouteSaint-Petersburg to Aktobe via Almaty
Date FlownJanuary 2019

21st January 2019 : Air Astana response

Dear Z Gray, We would like to thank you for taking your time to share your feedback and warm words regarding the work of Air Astana employees and our service. We are sincerely glad that you were satisfied with the cuisine, as well as with the professionalism and goodwill of our staff. Your comments have been addressed to the leaders of the departments involved and will be used as a base for further improvement of our services. Please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] if you have any further queries or comments, and our customer relations team will respond to you directly. We strive to make the travel experience as comfortable as possible and we look forward to seeing you on board of our aircraft again soon. With the best regards, Customer Relations team

"cabin crew are very professional"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Atyrau. I am a regular user of Air Astana for work purposes and have been for over a year now. I had never heard of Air Astana before so I was very skeptical to say the least. What a mistake that was. I would put Air Astana right along big international carriers. The on board service and food are excellent the flights are on time. The cabin crew are very professional and language skills are excellent.
RouteAmsterdam to Atyrau
Date FlownNovember 2018

29th November 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear John, Thank you very much for your nice words. We appreciate your loyalty and are always happy to welcome you on board as our member of “Nomad Club” frequent flying program. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the flights, the quality of the on-board service and professionalism of our crew members. Being an awards-wining airline we are constantly striving to improve the quality of services both in the air and on the ground. Thank you for being with us and looking forward to seeing you on board soon. With the best regards,