Aeromexico

"do not go for Aeromexico"

Trip Verified | Couldn't regret more to have booked in this airline. First, you can't do anything online, you have to call and it will take forever for someone to answer your call. Second, they want to charge me to change a flight, when I can't even fly cause it's not allowed due to Covid and when I mention that, they want to tell me there's no restrictions (they basically don't have the information), but luckly I had searched before and after a long call they would notice I couldn't fly, but still don't help. Should mention that they almost have no flexibility for changes (they don't care for Covid). Followed by terrible communication, not helpful or nice at all and can't even understand English well. After all, when I have a new day for my trip I will have to call again and spend God knows how much time (this one was about one hour). Honestly, if you have any chances of not flying, do not go for Aeromexico!
RouteSao Paulo to San Francisco via Mexico City
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"no refund would be given to me"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight from Cancun to Huatulco and therefore I had to buy two more tickets and a hotel night when I contacted them they told me that they canceled the flights due to Covid but that no refund would be given to me. Me cancelaron el vuelo de Cancún a Huatulco y por ende tuve que comprar dos boletos más y una noche de hotel cuando me comuniqué con ellos me dijeron que cancelaron los vuelos por Covid pero que no se me daría ningún rembolso
RouteCancún to Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2020

"we’ve lost our money"

Trip Verified | Our nightmare began April 17, 2020 when I attempted to purchase online flights to cancun MX. I completed the purchase of 2 tickets when a pop up box informed me the transaction had failed to try again. So, I did. The second time the transaction went through and I that moment I checked my email for a confirmation and found that I had in fact purchased 4 tickets in the same flight to Cancun. I immediately called the customer service line and spoke with Adrianna who assured me that they would refund the duplicate tickets. She issued 2 refundable tickets and said it would be 4 to 8 weeks before we would see the refund on our credit card. In the meantime, in walks COVID and our 2 other tickets are cancelled so I call and I am assured we have the option to fly for up to one year after our flight was cancelled. All good right? Not at all! No refund ever happened on the duplicate tickets and here we are in August. Our other tickets appear to be issued for June 2020 flights and no flights existed at that time that we were aware of. Our trip was medical in nature and needed priority but, no such luck. We ended flying on American thinking we’d book before our year was up to use the tickets. I don’t know what was done but there were no flights I could find on AeroMexico in June. We are desperately trying to get a refund on one set of tickets and flights that were promised on the other two. I’m afraid we’ve lost our money and what recourse do we have?
RouteCincinnati to Cancun via Atlanta
Date FlownJune 2020

"demand a voucher or a refund"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | AeroMexico canceled my connecting flight from Mexico City to Cancun. I had to book another flight. And got no help from their costumer service. They answered only a few days after my flight was scheduled for departure. And they could do nothing for me which I find completely ridiculous. Not even a flight change proposition. I demand a voucher or a refund. This is not fair.
RouteAmsterdam to Cancun via Mexico City

"unorganized and frustrating"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience. Flights kept getting changed right before the trip. The worst part was when my return flight was changed and it overlapped with my connecting flight home. How does this even happen? How can I be on two planes at the same time? Thankfully I caught this error before going to the airport, but Aeromexico should have reached out to get this sorted. On top of this, the fight was rescheduled for the next day, causing me to have to take an additional day off from work at the last minute. Boarding of the plane was unorganized and frustrating. Despite me paying extra to sit in premium economy, I was forced to board the plane last! This didn't make sense to me and caused me to have to check in my carry on at the gate because there wasn't enough storage space in the cabin by the time I got on the plane. This was my second time flying with Aeromexico. The first time my luggage was lost at one of my connecting flights and I was without my items for one week. I decided to give them a second chance this time, but this is the last time I fly with this airline. International travel is stressful enough and I shouldn't have to deal with incompetence and disorganization on top of that.
RouteNew York City to San Luis Potosi
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they cannot give me my money back"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I did not even get the chance to fly due to COVID-19. I completely understand the situation; what angers me is the company's complete disregard for its clients, their lack of ethics, and their greediness. It is almost as if they were using the current horrible emergency to scam passengers. I was bound to fly on the 4th of July; the flight got cancelled, but they only option they gave me was an open ticket to any route and any destination. They claim that they are waiving change fees, but that I will still have to pay the fare difference. The catch is that I was initially flying MEX-CDG-TLV and CDG-MEX; if now I want to change to say round MEX-IAH, I still have to pay a difference between 100-300 USD! If you quote a round MEX-IAH on this same company on the same date, you can get it for around the same price as the difference. Do note this: I wanted to fly on july 4th to attend a particular event and I decided to spend some of my money on that. The airline is unable to provide with the service I required, so I want my money back. Instead they tell me that they cannot give me my money back, in fact, they are penalizing me because they were unable to provide the service. Avoid this horrible company at all costs. When things go well, they are just another average airline, but when things go wrong, they show their true colors. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have such an experience with this airline. I give them 1/10 just because I cannot give them a negative score, but in my head they have around -3.5.
RouteMexico to Paris

Aeromexico customer review

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Cancún. Don't fly with this airline . During COVID 19 emergency they are still flying at capacity ! Nonetheless, when asked to be moved or why they are keeping flights at capacity I was left alone with a response of this is what it is, you wanted to fly to Cancun and this is what we have. Just not worth it . Estoy extremadamente preocupada y además dolida con el gobierno Mexicano al no poner restricciones de medidas de salud básicas. Estamos en una época donde la seguridad va más allá de la economía. Los vuelos están a capacidad en espacios reducidos y además de pésimo servicio al cliente Recibido por las azafatas . No obstante la única medida de regulación es la temperatura . Da tristeza tener que pensar que esta aerolínea no se preocupa por la seguridad de sus pasajeros y más solo en la remuneración económica.
RouteMexico City to Cancún
Date FlownJune 2020

"extended our voucher's validity"

Trip Verified | My family and I booked our flight tickets for Mexico in March and we were looking forward to our vacation in July 2020. Unfortunately due to the COVID outbreak we were starting to reconsider the trip and called customer service to inquire about our options. We contacted Aeroméxico in March to request a refund (over $3,000CAD). We were directed not to be haste and to hold on for a while longer, until we were closer to the departure date. On May 21st we called again Aeroméxico, requesting a refund for the 4 round flight tickets and we were informed, that unfortunately that would not be possible. The gentleman was very courteous, acknowledged our feelings and explained their policies regarding a refund. He then proceeded to inform us that Aeroméxico would, however, allow us to reissue the tickets for a later date; however, the flights would have to be rescheduled for a date no later than April 30th, 2020. At that point I e-mailed several letters to Aeroméxico Customer Service department and requested them to please extend the vouchers deadline (provided them with a time frame that would work for us) and explained valid reasons why we would not be able to travel within the time frame given. We also stated the reasons why we would not be able to travel this July. In my letter I also mentioned that I have been a frequent costumer and I have always enjoyed traveling with their airline and would like to continue to be a loyal customer. (We love Mexico and we love to travel there.) At the end, they stated that they appreciated our patience in resolving the matter and have extended our voucher's validity to our satisfaction. Would we have like a refund? Yes, of course! However, we tend to forget that everyone has been affected by the COVID pandemic, even big corporations have lost and are continuing to lose billions of dollars due to this unprecedented situation. All of us need to be united, understanding and try to find a compromise in which both parties will be pleased with the outcome. When filing a complaint, my advice is the following: Write a tactful and well written letter, state how you would like to resolve the matter, try to compromise and be persistent. Good luck to all of you!
RouteToronto to San Luis Potosi
Date FlownJuly 2019

"refuse to give your money back"

Trip Verified | I had a trip to Cuba with Delta that was cancelled amid Covid. I requested my refund without any problem. However, when i tried to get my money back from a cancelled flight amid Covid, it was horrible. To begin, I would like to say it was very hard to get someone. I tried all the numbers, the chat, no emails, messenger with a robot. Days of trying and waiting. I want to clarify that I understand this time that we are living, but in my opinion this was extreme. After exhaustion I finally was able to chat with someone. I wanted to change my flight to September. They wanted to charge me like $80 more per ticket and we are four. Just to change what was cancelled. For every written response I had to wait 5 minutes. It was not fluid. If you like it or not that's it. Pay more or lose it. Refund is not an option. They refuse to give your money back. The guy was telling me it was not their fault. It's not one's fault. You just suppose to take care of your clients. Lesson learned, do not flight Aeromexico. Not one can be happy with their policy during this time that we are living. Plus if I don't want to lose my money, I have to reserve before January and travel before April. I can't believe what they are doing. Getting rich at the expense of the crisis we are living.
RouteAtlanta to Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2020

"Will not offer refund"

Not Verified | Worst customer service ever. Rude customer representatives. Never flew they emailed me & changed my flight & date then cancelled due to Covid 19. Will not offer refund they decided to keep customers money with hope of them using it in fortune but I will never use this airline in my life & I will let everyone know not to.
RouteCancun to Atlanta