Aeromexico

Aeromexico customer review

Trip Verified | We were met at the door by a cordial flight attendant who checked our boarding passes, and then directed us to our seats. The 787-9 Business Class cabin is arranged 1-2-1, and our seats were the last on the left side in the front section, just in front of the walk-up bar. A flight attendant welcomed us with our choice of water or orange juice, as we were settling in to our seats. The inflight entertainment system played commercials and the safety video, and only then were we able to select personal programming. A menu was presented detailing the two main course options-on this flight fish or pasta. Following dinner I slept for at least 3 hours. Considering everything, very satisfied with the service and flight. Did not have the need to stay connected, so did not subscribe to the inflight wifi.
RouteNew York to Mexico City

"Not up to standard"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Mexico City. Their premier / busineses seems like a joke. Sky priority check-in. When I hold my ticket show their people about to check in sky priority because I'm in business class, they don't even look at it, just tell me to follow other economy class to lineup. Until a few mins later, I try again, point at the class on the paper, then they stop chatting, open the block let me check in with their sky priority. After get on flight, my wife's tv is freezy, not working at all. My chair's leg lift up is broken. Could something really works here? We were paying for premier price for price service and equipment. Not a broken seats. And the bottom of the seat seems been broken for a while, the glue around seems very old. Priority luggage pickup. They did put the priority tag on the luggage. But when we waiting for our luggage, economy's luggage all went ahead then our's. Not up to standard at all.
RouteVancouver to Mexico City

"Worst flight ever"

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Chicago O-Hare. Do not recommend this airline. Do not understand how paying extra for priority seating gets you last on the plane. Also having your carry on baggage removed and taken down with all the other luggage just because the flight did not have enough space. Makes no sense that I paid extra money and for the staff to be rude and not find a spot to put my luggage at and just take it out and give it to a person to put down not acceptable. Do not recommend this airline what so ever. Worst flight ever. Not worth it.
RouteGuadalajara to Chicago O-Hare

"seats are comfortable"

Trip Verified | The plane left Toronto and arrived in Mexico City as scheduled. The seats are comfortable and the Flight attendants are respectful as this is a red eye flight.
RouteToronto to Mexico city
Date FlownMay 2019

"I will never give them my business"

Trip Verified | This was the worst airline I have ever bought a ticket from. I had to change my trip because of a death in the family and was looking forward to using my credit (after additional cost) however the cancellation policy was lost in translation and I was told I had one year to use it. Not the case. Two weeks after the one year mark of the original purchase I call to book and they’re sorry “I will have to take it as a loss”. I would have happily paid to extend it - now I will never give them my business. Good customer service doesn’t cost a company anything, and keeps people coming back. Disappointed is an understatement after the Experience with Aeromexico. Do not bother!
RouteToronto to Lima via Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Clueless staff"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Overbooked flight. Online checkin not possible. Clueless staff. Customer service close to non Existent. They give preference to family members of staff and off duty pilots, upgrade them to business flight before their frequent flier customers. To those they have no problem saying the flight is overbooked. I wonder if someone from customer service management reads these comments, it seems not to be the case, if they would use the feedback from these sites and implement them they could learn to become a national airline to be proud off. But it seems there is not even any willingness.
RouteMexico City to Monterrey
Date FlownApril 2019

"how bad the customer service is"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to El Salvador via Mexico City. I can not put into words how bad the customer service is with this airline and the lack of caring and inability to provide a basic level of service. We did not even make it onto our flight due to outrageous prices to re book a flight on top of our original purchased tickets and with penalty fees. We lost a vacation and a lot of money. I do not understand how an airline is allowed to operate out of a Canadian airport and only offer by phone customer service back to the defunct business they are allowed to run in Mexico. I hope that if anyone reads this before considering flying with this airline please re consider at all costs. This airline is criminal.
RouteVancouver to El Salvador via Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2019

"had to buy another ticket"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Quito via Mexico City. Horrible rates when changing flights. $200 change fee is a little high plus air fare change. Basically had to buy another whole ticket. I always have used American Airlines and I will be returning.
RouteLos Angeles to Quito via Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"a horrible travel experience"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Merida via Mexico City. It have never experienced a worst customer service anywhere. We booked a Business Class flight to Merida from Vancouver and it was uneventful, it was not bad but was not good. Mediocre food and mediocre customer service. On our way back is when it became a nightmare we had a 2 hour delay due a mechanical problem in our plane, we had to connect in Mexico City and after running with bags and cases to the gate 15 minutes before the plane will took off. The lady at the gate did not want to let us in (we were still in time to board), they were many passengers in our delayed flight and was actually fault of Aeromexico, but she say nobody inform her about the delay. She simply didn't want to help or even call a superior to help, she was rude and completely careless. She send us to another stand to make changes in our flight and we got one flight but in Economy, even they had seats in Business Class. They didn't offer absolutely any compensation or apology for the now 8 hours delay in the flight. Then at home, we called and emailed many several times for many hours and months where we have dealt with so many different people and phone numbers, they just refuse to compensate the delay and the downgrade on our tickets as it was our fault. They offered a ridiculous upgrade with a code where you have to call a special number and that only apply to specific flights and so on, practically an offer you cannot claim. I feel scammed and robbed, we pay for a service and they didn't provide it and they simply refuse to reimburse what we pay, or the difference of it. I have flown many times and with many different airlines and I have never experience a completely lack of empathy of the customer service personnel. It's almost as if Aeromexico sees customers as a threat, forgetting we are paying a service that they seem unable to provide. If you can avoid it, then choose another airline. Aeromexico will make sure you have a horrible travel experience.
RouteVancouver to Merida via Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2019

"terrible customer service"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Sacramento. The most insanely terrible customer service Ive ever experienced. Check in nightmare, even with priority status. The man at desk was new and had no information, going back to get approval from his supervisor for everything, who never came out of his office to help. Spent 30 minutes checking in and arguing over bag fees they wanted to charge. They didn't end up charging because they were wrong, but it was like talking to a wall, and took 35 minutes, just to to properly check my bags. The plane was old, no power outlets. The flight attendants were nice but service terrible. Boarding sucked, buses, so on. But its really about the service. Every time I check in at Aeromexico I feel like the employee sees the customer as some sort of existential threat. There seems to be no understanding that this is a purchased service. I dont know how this Delta partnership can work.
RouteGuadalajara to Sacramento