Aeromexico

"The staff and crew were rude to me and my family"

Trip Verified | When my family and I attempted to board our connecting flight we were stopped saying our Covid tests would not work and we had to be retested. I received valid Covid tests for me and my family and the airline refused to accept them staying that they "cannot be from a doctor" and can only come from a laboratory. The website from cdc.gov says nothing of the sort and even allows at home rapid antigen tests as long as they meet certain criteria. Because Aeromexico would not accept my perfectly valid tests I and my family had to be retested at the airport, spending another 2300 pesos, missed our original connecting flight and spent over eight hours in the airport waiting for another flight to our final destination. The staff and crew were rude to me and my family, they did not have a valid reason for refusal other than being obviously money hungry. I will not recommend anyone use Aeromexico and I will personally never use them again. Do to this poor experience it affected all other aspects of the flight from seating comfort to snack quality. When we asked to see the supervisor they refused until it was too late to change anything. If I could give less than 1 star I would.
RouteAguascalientes to Mexico City via Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Crew service came off as stoic and icy"

Trip Verified | I got to fly in business class with Aeromexico as part of a birthday trip. Check-in was handled by Delta and the sky priority experience was fast and easy though it could have been more welcoming. My seat was 1J and an excellent product for a four hour journey. The seat didn't grant direct aisle access however. Once seated, I was asked if I wanted a welcome drink from the crew. Meals rolled out an hour into the flight and a choice between pasta and salmon was offered, I chose the salmon, there were four pieces of raw salmon with cream cheese, sliced bagel, salad and a cheesecake. Meal left a bit to be desired. Cheesecake was good. Crew service came off as stoic and icy. Despite my many thank yous and smiles, the crew serving my section felt serious the whole time. For the rest of the flight, I enjoyed watching films and staring into the clouds through the wide window aboard the 787. Would I fly this product again? My answer is perhaps because the experience is likely better than what's available on this route compared to the competition, but not enthusiastically.
RouteLos Angeles to Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I am stuck with my dog in Cancun"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline!! Trying to submit the form for my emotional support dog but it says that I am out of 48 hours window of my flight which is not true. I am flying 17 July, 7.29 am. On the website it says that I must submit the form within 48 hours. My flight is in 18 hours and I can’t fly without my dog. I called the customer support yesterday, the guy just told me that he can’t help me, that he just sells tickets, and I need to write an email to connect with real customer support. What is that, he can’t help, and I need to wait for the email response. But no one still has answered. Still my dog is not added. I tried to call today, this time the lady tried to help me, she confirmed that there is an error on your official website, and provided me with the email to submit my documents to add my dog to the flight. But no one has responded! Additionally I received an email from Aeromexico to check in before the flight which isn’t possible too, the system shows an error! What is that, your website provides with the false info and doesn’t work at all! Aeromexico do something about it. Now I am stuck with my dog in Cancun and don’t know what to do.
RouteCancun to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2021

"very rude to our family"

Not Verified | First of all we had book through Delta Airlines a few months back and we received an email that our flight had been changed to Aeromexico. We thought no big deal. We get to IAH in Houston Texas for our family flight to Cancun Mexico with a 3 hour layover in Mexico City. We go to check our bags and we were told that we have to pay for baggage (First Strike because we are Delta Sky Miles Members we thought that because Delta switched us that our baggage would still be free.... Nope $130 one way) Okay so our frustration level has raised up. Now the only thing that was not Aeromexico's fault was that we had a traveler with us that thought the US Passport Card was good for air travel well it's not and the rude with no compassion agent at check in let us know in more ways than one. We just asked her a simple question and we were told not to waste her time with questions (Strike two and Anger Level just went up a notch) We checked our bags and received our boarding passes all the way through to Cancun. Meanwhile we had to arrange to have our one traveler transportation home. We ran to the gate and the agent that checked us in was at the gate and once again very rude to our family which we never said a word to her that would make anyone treat a customer like she treated us. We boarded and arrived in Mexico City. As our family was getting off the flight I wanted to see what gate our connecting flight to Cancun would be and there was no gate number or seat assignments. We never noticed it before we left Houston because of that situation. Well on our tickets they all had standby. Anger level just went up again. We figured out what gate our flight to Cancun was and went to the gate and I went up to the agent and asked why were we put on standby? He said no clue but we were not going to get on the flight because it was overbooked. Now we had arranged for pickup in Cancun for 8:30pm and so we have to figure out what flight we will have to get on if any to get to Cancun. Lucky thing Delta had a little customer service desk and they were able to get us on the next flight out which was an hour later and we were able to get a hold of our transportation. We finally arrived in Cancun around 10:00pm. Trip from hell over. Now this is what I don't understand. I have flown all over the world and have had hundreds of connecting flights and I have never in my over 30 years of flying ever been issued a standby ticket for a connecting flight.
RouteHouston to Cancun

"rudest I have ever met"

Not Verified | Worst experience I’ve had! They charged my card $400 for upgraded seats that I never got. They refused to give me customer service. Staff in the Cancun airport are the rudest I have ever met. Never flying with them again.
RouteCancún to Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Last time I fly with this airline"

Not Verified | Terrible check-in experience! The line is ridiculously long for no reason other than the staff is extremely incompetent and slow. They take more than 30 minutes with one passenger and then socialize after for another 10 minutes before calling anyone up. Yes the staff is lost, unprofessional and have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Last time I fly with this airline.
RouteMexico to Miami

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. They make everything difficult. I am trying to postpone a trip in May 2021 due to Covid and they don't care. Aeromexico doesn't care about health and safety or their customers. They should not make it such a difficult stressful ordeal to conduct business with them. They will never give you the customer service you deserve.
RouteLos Angeles to San Jose via Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2021

"requested multiple times for a refund"

Not Verified | This is the worst company to fly with! When covid happened, Aeromexico cancelled my ticket and gave me a voucher. I was supposed to go to a wedding and the wedding had passed. I requested multiple times for a refund. I kept getting refused and it’s been hard for me because I cannot afford to travel due to the current situations and I am suffering financially!
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Unnecessarily stressful"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Chaotic and inefficient check in and boarding. Plane overbooked and they put us on standby but we did make in on the plane after insisting we had to make the flight. Unnecessarily stressful.
RouteMexico City to New York JFK
Date FlownJune 2021

"Aeromexico security said my test was no good"

Not Verified | We were returning from Cancun with a 2 stop flight to Fresno, CA. 1 stop MEX, 2nd in GDL. When we boarded in Cancun Aeromexico security checked my negative covid test that was taken at the hotel and said everything was good. In Mexico City the same answer. But at GDL I was stopped by Aeromexico security who said my test was no good, that I had to go across the street at the parking lot they had a lab. This was no lab. The lab at the hotel is much better and more professional. I stayed at a nice hotel and I just had a family return the day before with the same test and they made it back with no problems. I overheard them saying that they had oversold tickets and we were kicked off. The test was performed by a licensed doctor at the hotel and signed. They made us wait till the next day to board plane and retake the covid test. Everything was fine with customer service up until that point. Airline shouldn't be kicking people off plane cause they over sell, especially when you have all required documents.
RouteGuadalajara to Fresno