Aeromexico

"will avoid at all costs having to fly with them again"

Trip Verified | They delayed our flight and we lost our connecting flight, we had to stay in Mexico City and this is the place Aeromexico sends their “guests”- Wonderful VIP treatment as you can see below. I’ve got only one good thing to say about this hell hole. The staff are lovely and very friendly The hotel resembles more a 2 star prison than a hotel. Extremely frustrating and disappointing is not enough to describe the whole experience. Traveller beware photos attached for reference. At this point I’m just hoping we won’t wake up with bed bug bites. How on earth is this considered a 4 star hotel is beyond me. What a joke! Will let the pics speak for themselves Enjoy! Showcasing the welcoming elevators. Bathtub/ shower combo pealing away and featuring stains from past guests. Another nice feature the tub didn’t drain the water, therefore with two of us in a room I got to enjoy a tepid dirty shower. Stains on the rugs everywhere and beautiful finishing touches. Sanitation protocols in place as we find hairs in the beds and bathroom sink, delightful touches. Next morning they delayed the flight again now leaving Mexico City going to Canada because they had no flight crew. Been waiting for hours with 100’s of people in an overly crowded room because there are 3 delayed flights all with no crew and still no hope in sight of getting home. Had to sit on the floor because there is no room for some many people with delayed flights. Once we had boarded the flight, they said the plane was over capacity so they had to take 6 people off, threatening that otherwise the whole flight would be canceled. Finally after much convincing 6 people got off. It took another hour or so to sort out whatever situation that created, as they had to sort and find the luggage and get it off the plane. Needless to say they have lost our business and will avoid at all costs having to fly with them again
RouteMexico city to Vancouver
Date FlownMay 2022

"don't have any type of consideration"

Trip Verified | They don't have any type of consideration and respect. I have my cousin that they wont let her board to the gate. Not even do her check in just because she was 2 hrs before the flight. They wanted her to be there 3 hrs before. I can't understand what's the difference between 2 hrs and 3hrs before the departure. When she was talking to them they simply ignored her.
RouteMexico City to Guatemala
Date FlownMay 2022

"Delayed flight as always"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Delayed flight as always. Aeromexico loves to delay flights, and very bad customer service. Now we have to wait for more than 2 hours because “the crew is on their way”. I will try to never fly with Aeromexico again.
RouteMexico City to Houston
Date FlownMay 2022

"Worse experience with an airline"

Not Verified | Terrible airline. The staff review documents multiple times and give imprecise instructions to passengers. No call to announce departure and seems like purposely want passengers to miss the flights. Worse experience with an airline.
RouteMexico to Houston
Date FlownMay 2022

"Pretty much no customer service at the airport or online"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Pretty much no customer service at the airport or online. They left my luggage in Mexico City. At the airport staff were rude and not willing to help. I've submitted a claim but after 12hrs there's still no response or updates. Because my MX to La Paz flight is not showing up in the system I need to reach a customer service representative to edit my claim but it's impossible to reach anyone. They promised at the airport they would update it but they didn't. Oh and my TV screen didn't work on both flights!
RouteDenver to La Paz via Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2022

"there will be no refund and they are sorry for the inconvenience"

Not Verified | Some friends and I were flying from Zurich to San José del Cabo. We booked Economy Comfort seats using the Aeromexico homepage. First disappointment: At the airport they said something didn't work, they cannot seat us at the booked economy comfort seats and we got very bad middle seats. At least it was said the charge for the seats gets refunded since it's clearly seen what was booked and where we are seated. Several other people had the same issue (in fact everyone who booked a seat upgrade online - the queue at the service desk was therefore quite long). Second and even worse disappointment: I got in contact with Aeromexico for the refund, a month later I got the answer that there will be no refund and they are sorry for the inconvenience. This is just fraud, they double booked and got paid for the economy comfort seats (in advance online and then again on site) and refuse to refund a performance not rendered. Never again.
RouteZurich to San José del Cabo
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Arrived at LAX with missing luggage"

Not Verified | Aeromexico left my bags in Mexico City after checking them in. Arrived at LAX with missing luggage and no help from the lazy workers standing around. Nobody knows the correct information, Nobody wanted to help except Cynthia at the Delta Luggage assistance desk. Although I paid for my luggage, paid to get back into the US once we stopped to connect to another flight in Mexico City. I arrive home in Los Angeles with no luggage and little help. I called customer service and the representative informed me to send an email to [email protected] and wait 15 - 25 days for a response. Also, paid for wifi during the flight which was nonexistent.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2022

"the most miserable travel experience"

Trip Verified | This is my 5th flight I've taken with Aeromexico. (All within the same itinerary). Currently, waiting for my 6th flight and I don't have high hopes. I had to take 3 one way tickets to fulfill a wedding schedule. LAX to MEX to GTO GTO to MEX to Cancun Cancun to MEX to LAX This airline was not on time once. 5 flights ALL delayed. And I'm sure the 6th will be as well. Apparently the only flight to leave on time was my connection back to LA from Mexico City. 2.5hr delay LAX to MXC 1.5hr delay MXC to GTO 3hrs delay GTO to MXC 2hr delay GTO to Cancun (resulted in a missing my first day at the resort) 1hr delay Cancun to MXC (resulted in a missed connection) My first 2 flights were First Class, the 3rd Economy. The staff is friendly enough, but the food is atrocious. In Cancun, once I finally arrived after being delayed leaving GTO and MEX, my suitcase did not come out until near the end of the baggage, even though it should have been priority as I was First Class. I am assuming it's because the priority tag was ripped; but I feel that the Ground Staff should know what their Priority tags looks like. All and all, I will never fly this airline again. This was the most miserable travel experience I have ever experienced.
RouteCancun to Los Angeles via Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2022

"Hopefully won't be flying with them anymore"

(Costa Rica)

Not Verified | Decided to join their loyalty status, I flew with them for over 2 years, then the pandemic came. Since COVID was with us for a couple of years I couldn't fly for obvious reasons. I had the joy of getting married a couple of weeks ago only to realize that my plans to use the miles I accumulated to go on my honeymoon weren't there anymore. Hopefully won't be flying with them anymore.
RouteShanghai to San Jose via Mexico
Date FlownMay 2021

"Aeromexico is a terrible airline - buyer beware!"

Trip Verified | Aeromexico is a terrible airline - buyer beware! Think twice before you book a flight, and make sure you read the fine print every time. I have traveled to hundreds of cities, and I have never experienced such a terrible level of service. I purchased a ticket, confirmed my flight and I was bumped from the flight at the last minute because they "didn't have enough seats". Of course, one would expect a refund having paid for a flight and being denied boarding, but even this was not confirmed at the gate and the airline said I need to reach out by phone. Here's the catch - Aeromexico has no customer support phone line! They only accept emails. This is incredibly frustrating and borderline manipulative. Do not fly AeroMexico!
RouteLos Cabos to Mexico City