Aeromexico

"demand a voucher or a refund"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | AeroMexico canceled my connecting flight from Mexico City to Cancun. I had to book another flight. And got no help from their costumer service. They answered only a few days after my flight was scheduled for departure. And they could do nothing for me which I find completely ridiculous. Not even a flight change proposition. I demand a voucher or a refund. This is not fair.
RouteAmsterdam to Cancun via Mexico City

"unorganized and frustrating"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience. Flights kept getting changed right before the trip. The worst part was when my return flight was changed and it overlapped with my connecting flight home. How does this even happen? How can I be on two planes at the same time? Thankfully I caught this error before going to the airport, but Aeromexico should have reached out to get this sorted. On top of this, the fight was rescheduled for the next day, causing me to have to take an additional day off from work at the last minute. Boarding of the plane was unorganized and frustrating. Despite me paying extra to sit in premium economy, I was forced to board the plane last! This didn't make sense to me and caused me to have to check in my carry on at the gate because there wasn't enough storage space in the cabin by the time I got on the plane. This was my second time flying with Aeromexico. The first time my luggage was lost at one of my connecting flights and I was without my items for one week. I decided to give them a second chance this time, but this is the last time I fly with this airline. International travel is stressful enough and I shouldn't have to deal with incompetence and disorganization on top of that.
RouteNew York City to San Luis Potosi
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they cannot give me my money back"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I did not even get the chance to fly due to COVID-19. I completely understand the situation; what angers me is the company's complete disregard for its clients, their lack of ethics, and their greediness. It is almost as if they were using the current horrible emergency to scam passengers. I was bound to fly on the 4th of July; the flight got cancelled, but they only option they gave me was an open ticket to any route and any destination. They claim that they are waiving change fees, but that I will still have to pay the fare difference. The catch is that I was initially flying MEX-CDG-TLV and CDG-MEX; if now I want to change to say round MEX-IAH, I still have to pay a difference between 100-300 USD! If you quote a round MEX-IAH on this same company on the same date, you can get it for around the same price as the difference. Do note this: I wanted to fly on july 4th to attend a particular event and I decided to spend some of my money on that. The airline is unable to provide with the service I required, so I want my money back. Instead they tell me that they cannot give me my money back, in fact, they are penalizing me because they were unable to provide the service. Avoid this horrible company at all costs. When things go well, they are just another average airline, but when things go wrong, they show their true colors. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have such an experience with this airline. I give them 1/10 just because I cannot give them a negative score, but in my head they have around -3.5.
RouteMexico to Paris

Aeromexico customer review

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Cancún. Don't fly with this airline . During COVID 19 emergency they are still flying at capacity ! Nonetheless, when asked to be moved or why they are keeping flights at capacity I was left alone with a response of this is what it is, you wanted to fly to Cancun and this is what we have. Just not worth it . Estoy extremadamente preocupada y además dolida con el gobierno Mexicano al no poner restricciones de medidas de salud básicas. Estamos en una época donde la seguridad va más allá de la economía. Los vuelos están a capacidad en espacios reducidos y además de pésimo servicio al cliente Recibido por las azafatas . No obstante la única medida de regulación es la temperatura . Da tristeza tener que pensar que esta aerolínea no se preocupa por la seguridad de sus pasajeros y más solo en la remuneración económica.
RouteMexico City to Cancún
Date FlownJune 2020

"extended our voucher's validity"

Trip Verified | My family and I booked our flight tickets for Mexico in March and we were looking forward to our vacation in July 2020. Unfortunately due to the COVID outbreak we were starting to reconsider the trip and called customer service to inquire about our options. We contacted Aeroméxico in March to request a refund (over $3,000CAD). We were directed not to be haste and to hold on for a while longer, until we were closer to the departure date. On May 21st we called again Aeroméxico, requesting a refund for the 4 round flight tickets and we were informed, that unfortunately that would not be possible. The gentleman was very courteous, acknowledged our feelings and explained their policies regarding a refund. He then proceeded to inform us that Aeroméxico would, however, allow us to reissue the tickets for a later date; however, the flights would have to be rescheduled for a date no later than April 30th, 2020. At that point I e-mailed several letters to Aeroméxico Customer Service department and requested them to please extend the vouchers deadline (provided them with a time frame that would work for us) and explained valid reasons why we would not be able to travel within the time frame given. We also stated the reasons why we would not be able to travel this July. In my letter I also mentioned that I have been a frequent costumer and I have always enjoyed traveling with their airline and would like to continue to be a loyal customer. (We love Mexico and we love to travel there.) At the end, they stated that they appreciated our patience in resolving the matter and have extended our voucher's validity to our satisfaction. Would we have like a refund? Yes, of course! However, we tend to forget that everyone has been affected by the COVID pandemic, even big corporations have lost and are continuing to lose billions of dollars due to this unprecedented situation. All of us need to be united, understanding and try to find a compromise in which both parties will be pleased with the outcome. When filing a complaint, my advice is the following: Write a tactful and well written letter, state how you would like to resolve the matter, try to compromise and be persistent. Good luck to all of you!
RouteToronto to San Luis Potosi
Date FlownJuly 2019

"refuse to give your money back"

Trip Verified | I had a trip to Cuba with Delta that was cancelled amid Covid. I requested my refund without any problem. However, when i tried to get my money back from a cancelled flight amid Covid, it was horrible. To begin, I would like to say it was very hard to get someone. I tried all the numbers, the chat, no emails, messenger with a robot. Days of trying and waiting. I want to clarify that I understand this time that we are living, but in my opinion this was extreme. After exhaustion I finally was able to chat with someone. I wanted to change my flight to September. They wanted to charge me like $80 more per ticket and we are four. Just to change what was cancelled. For every written response I had to wait 5 minutes. It was not fluid. If you like it or not that's it. Pay more or lose it. Refund is not an option. They refuse to give your money back. The guy was telling me it was not their fault. It's not one's fault. You just suppose to take care of your clients. Lesson learned, do not flight Aeromexico. Not one can be happy with their policy during this time that we are living. Plus if I don't want to lose my money, I have to reserve before January and travel before April. I can't believe what they are doing. Getting rich at the expense of the crisis we are living.
RouteAtlanta to Mexico City

"Will not offer refund"

Not Verified | Worst customer service ever. Rude customer representatives. Never flew they emailed me & changed my flight & date then cancelled due to Covid 19. Will not offer refund they decided to keep customers money with hope of them using it in fortune but I will never use this airline in my life & I will let everyone know not to.
RouteCancun to Atlanta
Date FlownApril 2020

"refused to refund the money"

(Norway)

Not Verified | I book a flight with Aeromexico a few weeks ago, now they cancelled the flight 2 weeks from the departure. They refused to refund the money that i pay, that it was a round trip from Chile to Canada, (not cheap), even if they cancelled the flight. Is not the pandemic, some planes are flying anyway, and airports are open for the people that need it and have all the requirements to do so. Is them, they are just taking the money from people and cancelling flights. The only option that they give me was an open ticket with them. That means, just 1 ticket. that also I have to pay the difference and also an expensive fee for service?
RouteSantiago to Calgary via Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2020

"staff did not act adequately"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately there was an aggressive man on the plane, he pushed hard against my seat several times when I put my seat back to sleep. The staff did not act adequately, the flight attendant even walked away when the man became physical (he pushed hard against my seat). Supposedly to get security (I think?), But the flight attendant returned alone. When I later stated that I did not feel safe and wondered aloud if it would happen again, the response was laughable. "We don't know if he'll do it again, ma'am." I didn't feel taken seriously and was very scared for the rest of the flight. I sat down somewhere else, and I never came back to it. I felt unsafe for 8 hours in this 10 hour flight.
RouteCancun to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refuse to offer any refund"

Not Verified | I had a flight booked from London to Mexico City on 2nd April, obviously this was cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic. I have since then spent countless hours on the phone trying to reach them as well as emailing them, they either never reply or just ignore what you say in your email. The Civil Aviation Authority confirmed that a cancelled flight has to be refunded if the passenger wants to, but Aeromexico refuse to offer any refund. Honestly some of the worst customer service I have ever seen. Aeromexico at least you've accomplished one thing, that is to persuade me to never fly again with you. Terrible terrible airline ! Do not fly with them - you with be riddled with problems if you do.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Mexico City