Aeromexico

"Utterly useless"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Mexico City. Avoid. Their notion of Customer Service, doesn't understand what a Customer is, never mind the Service. Being told by the British PM to "not leave your home" because of COVID-19 was not understood as a reason as to why my flight needed to be cancelled. Asked to move it to another date - they did not understand how that would be possible. Utterly useless. Also, way overpriced, unless you get me there in half the time, review your ticket prices. It's a joke.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Mexico City

"definitely recommend"

Not Verified | Torreon to Atlanta via México City. Our flight was canceled and Aeromexico paid for our new flight, hotel and meals. Phone wait time was only about 3 minutes. I would definitely recommend this airline to anyone.
AircraftE195
RouteTorreon to Atlanta via México City

"The menu is very poor"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Mexico to New York JFK. At the last moment, the plane was changed from the new Boeing 787 to the first Boeing 787 with the layout of seats 2-2-2. Armchairs are laid out in a bed, but not as comfortable as in the new one. The menu is very poor.
RouteMexico to New York JFK
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"choose any airline but this"

Trip Verified | Well, I purchased round trip tickets from Seattle to Veracruz with a layover in Mexico City and the person I was to meet up with in Veracruz cancelled so I figured I'd just stay in Mexico City and catch the returning flight later since it also had a layover in Mexico City and Aeromexico thanked me for doing business with them by cancelling the remaining flights that I paid for after I stayed in Mexico City. It is their anti-customer policies like that right there that make it so I will never use their airline again and I will continue to warn others to avoid this airline. They cancelled my flights and of course won't refund any money so I figure I'll get even with them by costing them money. Basically they have a policy in place for every little thing that can happen when you are traveling not to help you but to rip you off so do yourself a big favor and simply choose any airline but this one. Good luck and thanks for reading
RouteSeattle to Veracruz via Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"big $ money maker for AeroMexico"

Trip Verified | Merida to Mexico City. We booked a round trip Mexico City to Merida, Yucatan, Feb 15/March 1, 2020. Aeromexico changed the return trip departure time that did not allow sufficient time to go from the national terminal #2 to the international terminal #1 which also requires security clearance again. Distance between #2 to #1 is great and Terminal #1 is very large with much walking required. Long talks with agents and supervisors with inflexible responses. On two days the supervisors suggested I call back to speak with them on the following day to see if they would allow us to take an earlier flight to make our connections. Both times I called back at the suggested time and both of the names they had given me were unknown to anyone at the Houston call center. If they make a two hour or greater change their inflexible policy is only then accommodation is possible! They know exactly what they are doing to generate extra revenue. We were forced to buy an earlier flight at higher cost and they got to re-sell our now later flight a second time above my earlier booked price. We were held hostage in Mexico until we paid up or being trapped in Mexico City if we missed our flight home due to their change in departure time. They well knew this would impact many people on a large flight north. Result was that the inexpensive original return flight turned into double price for the earlier departure at premium (2 base cost +4 -premium double price equal 6 times the cost for a two hour flight and then their ability to resell my later flight seats a premium - a big $ money maker for AeroMexico. Look for any other options to save your self the same expensive trapped experience.
RouteMerida to Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Very bad experience overall"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Mexico City. Fast priority lane at check-in counter. No lounge available. Delayed flight with rather chaotic boarding. Comfortable seat. Most disappointing meal service. “Cold lunch” turned to be nuts and a chocolate bar. The same as for “breakfast” on previous flight. Luggage took ages to be delivered at MEX and we were actually filling in a complaint at baggage service desk when our pieces finally showed up on belt (with priority tags on, delivered last and 15 minutes after regular luggage). Very bad experience overall. Frequent flyer miles not credited and had to complain.
AircraftE90
RouteCancun to Mexico City

"disappointing meal service"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Cancun. Fast automated check-in, good lounge, efficient boarding, on-time flights, comfortable seat. Very disappointing meal service. “Breakfast” turned to be nuts and a chocolate bar. Uneventful flight, and luggage quickly delivered on arrival. Frequent flyer miles not credited and had to complain.
AircraftE90
RouteMexico City to Cancun
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never fly with them again"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Lima via Mexico City. I bought a ticket 3 months before my flight. It said last ticket and I wanted to be on the same flight with my wife and mother inlaw. So buying it under impulse it was $1650.00. Then my wife paid another $500 to get upgraded seats so we can all sit together and we have a baby. So she decided to check online a week ago if there was any seats available on the same flight. And behold there were many. The price was $1200. Then my wife emailed customer service and they told her nothing they can do. She then decided to check our seats, and they never did upgrade them. So I called them. I was on the phone for an hour until I finally asked to speak to a supervisor. He said to check my email and they will upgrade our seats. I waited and no email. 3 days went by and still no email. So I called again. They looked into it and asked us for more money to upgrade the seats. I told them I'm not giving them anymore money. After 2 hrs of arguing with them, they finally gave us the seats. They wouldn't do anything to adjust the price. They wouldnt give us anything for their mistake. I was so stressed with this. We'll see if they even give us the seats that we paid for when we fly next week. I will never fly with them again, even if it's for free. They are the worst business ever.
RouteVancouver to Lima

"the worst airline ever!

(Norway)

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Mexico City. This is the worst airline ever. The seats are tiny and you cant move at all and really hard. The good is awful and you get two small meals on a ten hour flight, and one glass of water. The staff is rude, unfriendly.
RouteAmsterdam to Mexico City
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I won't select this airline again"

Trip Verified | Kansas City to Cancun. I booked through google flights and in the process somehow the dates of travel were changed. I booked the flight so I messed that up but I called the booking agency and they said they would take care of it. They tried to change my flight but Aeromexico wouldn't allow it. I reached out to Aeromexico and asked them to let me switch flights, they had open flights on the days that would work and I was happy to pay the increased fee for the new flights. The travel dates I needed were sooner than the booked flights and since they had open seats on the flights that would work I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have let me switch flights even if I was charged to do it. Their recommendation was to get on the plane anyway, knowing that it was after my work conference was over. Needless to say I won't select this airline again since now I'm going to pay for my ticket twice.
RouteKansas City to Cancun