Aeromexico

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Horrible Service! Would have given zero stars if that was an option. Several hours before our flight I received an email informing the flight was delayed 12 hours. When I called Aeromexico to confirm the flight delay, they told me the flight was not delayed and I should go to the airport for the normal scheduled departure. I called twice to confirm and was told to go to the airport. When I arrived at the airport, there were hundreds of people in line for AeroMexico and agents only said to wait in line and gave no information. After an hour in line that never moved, I walked up to the front of the line and demanded to speak to an agent. I was told that the flight was delayed until the next morning. Our flight was rescheduled and delayed several times over the course of 15 hours and we had to sleep at the airport. The final attempt to reschedule our flight was on an overbooked flight and they could not seat us. We were told the only available flights would be many 5 days later! This caused us to miss our entire trip. The counter agent told us to call Aeromexico and maybe the operator could be of service. We called and was on hold for nearly an hour before being given an email address as a source of contact. There is no one to speak with regarding complaints or flight cancellations. The company only communicates via email. Horrible customer service. I wrote an email explaining what had happened. The company responded saying since they offered us a flight, even if it was 5 days later, they would not refund the tickets nor offer a credit! We spent over $1400 on two tickets and they could not even offer a credit.
RouteTijuana to Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"don't ever fly with Aeromexico"

Not Verified | We also were victim of poor management by Aeromexico. After two delays our flight on january 2nd 2019 was canceled leaving us stranded in Puerto Vallarta. This airline doesn't inform passengers, doen't plan ahead and most of all doesn't care about you! Passengers had to inform themselves what was going on. Story most heard was that due to fog in the morning in Mexico City Aeromexico started to book passanger from the first planes that had to leave out of Mexico City over to later flights. That meant that the last flights had to be cancelled. They knew that from the start. Didn't act and let passenger on these last flights hours in stress before telling them at midnight that they could retrieve their bags from the belt and look for shelter. We had a 24 hour delay, had to take a bus to Guadalajara because this stupid action which also caused overbooked flights for the next four days(!). There were no excuses, no compensation whatsoever. Just a reaction that it was due to weather condition (which false, the weathet was perfect that afternoon. My advise: don't ever fly with Aeromexico. If you do, don't complain (and you will be sorry!!).
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Amsterdam via Mexico City

"been refused reimbursement"

Trip Verified | Puerto Vallarta to Vancouver via Mexico City. Our flight was postponed so our connection was impossible to make. We were transferred to a different airline. So far so good. However, we had paid for our luggage (via the internet the night before, as requested by Aeromexico) and now we have been refused reimbursement of the cost (despite the fact that we paid the second airline for the luggage as well). So, the cost of transporting two pieces of luggage back from Mexico to Vancouver now stands at $100US. Outrageous. We refused Aeromexico's offer of a coupon for a future flight as we will not be flying with them again. There should be a law against this type of gauging.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver via Mexico City

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Bogota to Los Angeles via Mexico City. Worst customer service experience in over 30 years of travel! Aeromexico employees in Mexico city are of the utmost unprofessional, ill informed employees I have encountered. From the moment our plane arrived we were misled, disregarded in regards to a connection to LA. We had a conversation to make and had to get our luggage to move forward. We were missing one piece of luggage. I Immediately I went to representatives, showed them my ticket and was told to just wait. This us where the ineptitude and arrogance began. Not only was I misdirected to 3 wrong areas but was just pointed in the general direction of where to go by supervisors of all people! Knowing that we were on the verge of missing a flight at NO fault of our own. I insisted that we be taken by someone Personally and this employee took me to the wrong area as well. NO ONE knows what is going on and above all RUDE about it. Aeromexico is not the airline you want to consider traveling with first and last time with this home of a company!
RouteBogota to Los Angeles via Mexico City

"superficial and uninspired"

Trip Verified | Monterrey to Los Angeles. Service in the air seems superficial and uninspired. The flight attendants told people to take out their headphones during ads in w/ a rude tone. The food was very salty and looked old. The ground staff and services were nonchalant and unaccomodating. Overall, Aeromexico doesn’t seem to care about customer experience. Disappointing!
RouteMonterrey to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"never book with them again"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Zacatecas. Booked a flight for my father with Aeromexico and on his connecting flight they cancelled and reassigned his flight 5 times. An 8am flight turned into a 9pm flight, he was stuck in the airport for hours with agents telling him they couldn't help. When I called they promised he would be on a 4:30 flight and still reassigned him 3 more times after that. Absolutely terrible will never book with them again.
RouteMexico City to Zacatecas

"Horrible customer service."

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service. We boarded our flight to Guatemala and my husband has a medical emergency before take off and we were taken off the flight and taken to the hospital. I have been trying to get a confirmation of our flight cancellation for insurance purposes. They say the cannot cancel my flight because they only have my ticket information but not my reservation. Orbitz cannot cancel my flight they say AeroMexico needs to. This is ludicrous! Apparently no one has our reservation but they can see our ticket and that we did not take the flights.
RoutePortland to Guatemala
Date FlownOctober 2018

"definitely one of the worst"

Not Verified | I recently made a round trip Montreal to Mexico City. My passport showed two last-names and my plane ticket showed only one last name. For this reason, Aeromexico made such a big fuss and made me buy a new plane ticket. It seems that adding only one last name to the plane ticket was extremely difficult for them since they refused to understand that all they had to do was a minor modification and not a change in the name on the plane ticket. Unlike many other airlines which are supportive and helpful in situations like these, their staff were extremely impolite, and very unprofessional too. All they want is rip you off and get more money from you. Also, for unknown reasons, I received e-mails from them in which they confirmed two reservations, that I never requested, with different return dates, what an awful mix-up, not only are they rude but also incompetent. I strongly discourage anyone who is planning to fly Aeromexico: poor staff, bad service, terrible food, etc. I have travelled all over the world and this airline is definitely one of the worst. I do not recommend it, Aeromexico never again.
RouteMontreal to Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2018

"significant issues with this airline"

Trip Verified | Portland to Mexico City., The AeroMexico website boasts about a great deal of wonderful services, on board WIFI, wonderful food, in flight Entertainment and so on. This flight was not anything like that. They continually failed to deliver these amenities. There was no Wifi on any of the four planes I flew on. The Entertainment was impossible to hear over the noise of the engines. They boast about their "Complimentary Tequila". It was so incredibly bad. Special comment should be made about the "food" served on this airline. It should be noted that there is no alternative food or beverage service available for purchase. The food they served was so bad. On the Portland to Mexico City flight we were awakened at 2am by the cabin staff by the cabin staff serving Breakfast. This consisted of a cold and somewhat stale bun, with a paper thin slice of ham and a paper thin slice of cheese. (No condiments - just the dry bread and the ham and cheese), and a child sized serving of apple sauce) On the return flight from Mexico City to Portland, "Dinner' consisted of a 5 ounce cup of badly wilted "greens" which were garnished with a teaspoon of peas (No dressing just bare greens), a bare bun (No butter or other condiment), and about a Cup and a quarter of Rigatoni Pasta. This was garnished with about a teaspoon of unseasoned tomato sauce). The "dessert" was a small plastic tub of Vanilla Pudding-like product. Mexico is the home of Vanilla. This item contained none of that - it reeked of cheap artificial vanilla. Beverages are served in what appeared to be a 4 ounce portion. This included the Coffee and the water served on board. A six hour flight and four ounces of water per passenger. The Aeromexico hub is the Mexico City Airport. Each time, When we boarded the first leg of our flight, we were not told where to find the second leg of the flight. The airport is incredibly poorly marked - and no AeroMexico employee we talked to within the Mexico City airport could tell us where to go to find the second leg of our flight. On our return flight, the Departures Monitor told us that our flight would be leaving from "Gate K". Which is impossible because all of the actual gates at this airport bear numbers and not letters. It took us two hours to get of the first plane and find the second plane. There was not enough time to buy bottled water or any other alternative food. There are some significant issues with this airline.
RoutePortland to Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"We had a a great experience"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | We had a a great experience flying with Aeromexico from London to Mexico City and back. Both flights were on time or arrived earlier and the staff were extremely friendly and professional! The food was also on overall good level we had some chicken curry, chicken with spinach and corn on and Mexican style breakfast on both flights). The tequila open bar was also great and we had some good tequila on both flights. Check in process and boarding process is also efficient and fast (except for the check in for one of our flights not working on their website so we contacted customer care and it was solved). We found everything to be of good standard and most importantly no delays or cancellation. In contrast, our flights with another airline (approximately 3 hours) got delayed by an hour each.
RouteLondon to Mexico City