Aeromexico

"a great experience"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Buenos Aires. The boarding process was without any problem, we could change our seats because the aircraft wasn't full, Aeromexico provides you with free whatsapp and a little amenity kit with earplugs and a mask, dinner and breakfast. The dinner was ok but the breakfast was excellent, the FA were polite. The legroom is quite good but recline could improve. In general a great experience. The return flight only the check in process was terrible but the rest fo the overall experience was as good as the first flight, well the food was better in the second flight. Both flights arrived on time. IFE could have more movie or tv series options.
RouteMexico City to Buenos Aires
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"staff was very unpolite"

Trip Verified | We flew with Aeromexico from Amsterdam to Mexico City and return. On both flights the staff was very unpolite. In particular the treatment of passengers by female flight crew members is rude and without any service attitude that you would even find in cheap European airlines. Multiple times the flight crew was bumping against the edge seats. Food was dashed off on the table without a word. When asked if a meat or vegatarian dish was available, the answer was "no, thats out already" and walking away, rather than "no sorry, but may I offer . instead". Coffee/tea was offered by shouting through the cabin "coffee? tea??" rather than asking "would you like a coffee?". I witnessed that behaviour with all passengers around us likewise. I have never seen such unpolite and rude behaviour in any other European, American or Asian airline carrier. On top of all of that, the return flight was delayed by 1.5 hrs so that we missed our connecting flight, resulting in a 5 hrs. delay of arrival at our final destination. The answer of Aeromexico whether they can offer a compensation was: "we can offer a sincere apology". Finally, the flight was not even expensive, but above average for that route. All in all, I will never travel with Aeromexico again, but will rather resort to well established European or Asian carriers.
RouteMexico City to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"try to avoid them from now on"

Trip Verified | AeroMexico from Mexico City to Amsterdam. As Ticket package i booked the "Classic Package", which included selecting a seat and luggage up to 23KG included (this package is ~70US$ more expensive, than the basic fare without luggage and seat reservation one-way!). I did the online-checkin-process, which went very smooth and chose my seat. One hour before departure i checked again in the customer-page, if everything was fine - it was and my seat was still blocked for me and the whole row (two more seats free). Until here everything was perfect. But then the boarding started. My digital boarding pass on my smartphone was rejected several times, so the ground-stuff-guy went with me to the counter and gave me a printed boarding pass with another seat. I asked why they changed my seat without further announcement or communication to me, as passenger? After all i paid additional money, to choose my seat, but now the ground staff changed my seat. He just said, i shouldn't be so excited, it is exactly the same place, just in another part of the airplane. I again started discussing with him, that this behaviour is wrong, changing the booked and additionally paid seats of the customers - but he just turned around and went away. Consequently i ended on the seat directly in front of the toilets, where the seat recline was much less, than on my booked seat - sleeping was a torture for this overnight-connection. My original booked seat got a woman with a kid of about 12 years, they blocked obviously the three seats and laid flat down all the way to Amsterdam. But it is unbelievable, that people, who paid additional money for reserving a seat are removed and moved to another seat, while others, who didn't pay and reserve their seat before, get benefits for free. They could have gotten those seats, but then they needed to pay also additional money for getting this comfort. The stewardess in the airplane was completely incompetent. I showed her the two boarding-passes and she just said in a rude way, that my digital boarding pass is invalid and now i need to move. No offer for an upgrade to the premium-economy or business for this impudence. So, reserving seats against money is in AeroMexico no good option, you anyway have no guarantee to get your reserved and booked seat. I will try to avoid them from now on, even if I flew already a few times with them.
RouteMexico City to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2019

"leaves much to be desired"

Trip Verified | Panamá City to México City. On our flight today there were 2 wheelchair passengers, myself and another lady. Because of renovations at Terminal 1 at México City airport we were forced to deplane using stairs and walk to a shuttle bus. I had a cane and was able with the help of my husband to get to the bus. The other lady, however, who was alone, received absolutely no help from flight attendants or ground crew to get down the stairs which she painfully managed by holding on to one rail with both hands and moving both legs onto each step. Once on the ground, she received no help either with walking to the bus or getting on the bus. Eventually, some other passengers helped her onto the bus and my husband gave up his seat for her while 2 ground employees occupied 2 seats. At the terminal I had to urge the said employees to help her off the bus and in the terminal was a wheelchair for her but not one for me despite having arranging on the ticket for one. This was despicable treatment of both flight and ground staff in ignoring the needs of a disadvantaged person. This is the second time we have transited via México City en route to another destination. A month ago we were travelling with Aeromexico from Vancouver to Panamá City and this was the return trip today. On the first occasion México City to Panamá City I had to walk down several flights of stairs from the gate to get to the bus and then climb upstairs onto the plane. Fortunately, my legs were working that day. Although the flights were good value the treatment of wheelchair passengers leaves much to be desired and we won't be making this trip again with Aeromexico.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RoutePanamá City to México City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"worst I had experienced"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Vancouver via Mexico City. Aeromexico boarding service was the worst I had experienced. A representative at the gate refused to board our entire family of 5 people (including 6 yrs old daughter) because we passed on to him all 5 passports and boarding passes in one pile (like we usually do everywhere else in the World). Instead he wanted us to enclose each boarding pass into the corresponding passport. It took us about 20 seconds to do so. However the representative tried to send us back to the end of the line. Moreover while discussing he detached an immigration/visitors form from my son's boarding pass (we all have seen him doing so) and few minutes later he claimed we didn't submit the form and he has a right to cancel our flight. To my request to call for his manager and solve the problem hi simply replied 'I'm going to call for a police. It's not your country, you'd better follow my instructions' We found that statement offensive and inappropriate for international airline representative. For our future trips we are not going to consider Aeromexico service any more.
RouteCancun to Vancouver via Mexico City

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Merida via Mexico City. Worst experience ever. Worst airline ever. Worst customer service ever. I had to rearrange my return flight with a different low-cost airline and the experience was way better. I have never felt so disregarded by an airline before in my life, they didn't show the slightest intention to help me at any time. I guess they just don't care about average people, just hi-end business travellers. I'll never use Aeromexico again, not even if they give me the tickets for free.
RouteVancouver to Merida via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"refused to take responsibility"

Trip Verified | Havana to Los Angeles via Mexico City. We flew with Aeromexico late November. If it were not for their lack of baggage handling abilities, we would have been repeat customers. Although the flight itself was pleasant and comfortable, upon my arrival in Los Angeles, I discovered that I had some items stolen from my luggage. My partner's bag was also destroyed, the zipper ripped from the bag and his bag arrived to us in a plastic bag on a plastic tray. When I contacted Aeromexico to resolve the issue, their customer service team informed me that they did not recommend valuables be stored in check in bags. I asked if they would seek to implement measures to ensure their duty of care on the contents of check in bags were met (as of course, you cannot put everything into your carry on if you are travelling for an extended period of time). Their team merely responded with 'I do understand your displeasure regarding this situation. In this case, I can only provide you with the corresponding information regarding our baggage allowance rules and policies'. So unfortunately I now have to take the step of informing other travellers of this situation as Aeromexico has refused to take the appropriate responsibility.
RouteHavana to Los Angeles via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Will try to avoid Aeromexico"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Veracruz to Mexico-City. Aeromexico is in my opinion one of the worst airlines. I was cancelled for my inbound flight after no using my outbound flight without further advice. Staff had absolutely no flexibility to solve the problem and I had to buy an entirely new ticket. Will try to avoid Aeromexico flights in the future.
AircraftEmbraer 170
RouteVeracruz to Mexico-City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never use this airline again"

Not Verified | Mexico City to Salt Lake City. This is easily the worst airline experience I've ever had. I had a problem with my departure date and needed to switch it for another day, and not only did they not help me switch it but said it would be impossible to change my flight and refused to give me any kind of refund. I will never use this airline again.
RouteMexico City to Salt Lake City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"low cost airline at best"

Trip Verified | Aeromexico is, quite simply, as a flagship carrier, a downright embarrassment. Customer service is nil. The product is more like a low cost airline at best. To be avoided if you can.
RouteMontreal to Queretaro via Mexico