Aeromexico

"They are just awful"

Trip Verified | Houston to Mazatlán via Mexico City. Please read before you book any flight with Aeromexico! They have awful customer service when mishaps happen! My family and I traveled with them a few weeks ago and I will never travel with them again. Flight to Mexico was great. Flight coming back was a nightmare. They delayed our flight for no real reason (weather was perfect, plane was there and fine ... we asked multiple people and nobody had an answer). We then waiting on the tarmac for 1/2 hour .... right in front of an open gate. No reason. Because of these errors on their part, we missed our connecting flight in Mexico City. Customer service was awful. I’ve never been treating so poorly and it was their fault we were in this inconvenient situation. Their best flight they could do for us was the next day - 20 hours out. We asked about different airlines, different airports to fly into, or at least accommodation for our family (a baby and 2 other small children) to go to. They just kept shaking their head no. It was horrible, and we had no choice but to take our exhausted babies to a hotel and feed them and let them rest for the night. All hotels within a 1/2 hour hour radius are well over $300. And we were not even close to being the only ones who missed flights due to their errors and their claims they had nothing until the following day (even tho this was at noon). It made me wonder if they were in on it with the hotels and purposely doing this to their customers. They made us miss obligations back home, they turned a hard 6 hour travel day with little kids into a 26 hour travel day, and we are out over $400 for their short comings and inconvenience they brought onto us. And they refuse to reimburse or try to make any of it up to us. They are just awful!
RouteHouston to Mazatlán via Mexico City
Date FlownOctober 2018

"enjoyed every bit of our trip"

Trip Verified | Vancouver via Puerto Vallarta via Mexico City. Fly a great deal in and out of Mexico for last 8 years & this is the 1st with Aeromexico, will not be the last! Impressed from baggage to seating, warm blankets, free earplugs, full choice of Movies, TV, News programs on nice large screens. Food and drinks ll flight long. We enjoyed every bit of our trip with you!
RouteMexico City via Puerto Vallarta

"A complete disappointment"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Santiago de Chile. A complete disappointment, I thought Aeromexico was somehow a "professional" well managed airline but looks like it is not the case (no comparison to the average Skyteam standard). The Club Premier Lounge in Mexico City is a joke, I wanted to take a shower after my redeye flight from JFK and at front desk they directed me to the SPA: at 8AM the SPA manager told me showers would be available from 9AM, when I popped up at 9AM I was told by another representative that they never open before 9:30AM. As I got nervous and complained for that, she would eventually call the SPA manager and at the end they agreed that at 9AM there was another guest booked - who never entered the SPA so it went from joke to fraud. Boarding was an "all in" experience since the different boarding groups lines were not enforced. FAs nice but felt like an amateurs crew, with no shared guidelines on how to greet, serve or respond to biz class passengers. This "confusion" feeling lasted the whole trip, since I was skipped for no apparent reason from the pre-departure drink (at that point I was too tired to complain), after being served the main course I had to ask twice to have some bread as well, and drinks refills took forever; surely having only 2 FAs for a whole 32-seats business class cabin does not help. Food I would say average although options were limited (just 2 for main course, compared to 3/4 on most airlines). The seat was probably the worst part of this flight: really really narrow, somehow short when in lie-flat position (I'm no giant, 180cm/5,9 feet tall) so that I had to sleep on a side, the headrest is so thick that it gets annoying when you place the pillow on top of it as your neck innaturally bends. But most of all, the seat is not completely flat, there are some "bumps in the wrong places" that make it uncomfortable; luckily I asked for another comforter and placed it on the seat as some sort of bedding and it worked ok, otherwise probably I wouldn't have slept at all. Amenity kit on par with other airlines (probably better than AA shoe sack but no comparison to the new BA The White Company pack on Club World or Ferragamo on AZ). Overall a bland experience, with a big con on the seat which is crucial on a 10 hours flight.
AircraftBeing 787-8
RouteMexico City to Santiago de Chile

"got a free upgrade"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Aguascalientes to Mexico City. I got a free upgrade to Clase Premier along with my travel companion. It was a nice short flight, the flight attendants were attentive and called us by our names. On time departure and arrival, Sky Priority and a snack with beer.
AircraftE90
RouteAguascalientes to Mexico City

"Seats were comfortable"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Aguascalientes. The flight attendant’s service was very positive and service oriented. Captain explained to us the route, as well as he would make interesting remarks while flying somewhere particularly interesting. Free snacks and beverages were served. Seats were comfortable, good space 2x2 seat configuration. No TV screens as this is a regional aircraft, but it was a very short flight. Arrived 15 minutes before schedule and fast arriving bag.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteMexico City to Aguascalientes
Date FlownOctober 2018

"singled out and told to comply"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Tijuana. I was singled out and told to comply, never given a real reason other than my carry on wouldn't fit in the plane compartment and that it needed to be checked. I measured my bag and it fit just fine, like it had on so many past flights. So I refused to check it. When I raised my voice I was reprimanded by an aggressive and intimidating male employee who told me that I should not speak to a woman that way. I was singled out of a long line of people who had not yet boarded. I was told that there was not enough room on board for my carry on. A lie. There were at least 23 vacant seats as well once I boarded with my luggage that I refused to check. I had a laptop and some delicate art unframed that I had purchased in Ecuador that I had no intentions of checking with baggage.
RouteMexico City to Tijuana

"heartless non-cancellation policy"

Trip Verified | No Customer Service Available for Emergencies. One day before we were set to fly back my husband had a scuba diving accident resulting in severe decompression sickness. The doctor said that he could die if he flew. I called Aeromexico to let them know we could not fly on our set day. When I called back to reschedule. They said that we could not reschedule without incurring penalty and extra costs unless we went through Customer Service. Guess what? Customer Service does not have a phone number. You can only contact through email and the wait time is 10-15 days for a response. When my husband was well enough to fly, we had to return to the US for treatment about 6 days after his accident. I booked Aeromexico tickets that cost about $900 one way. I figured we could work it out with Aeromexico when we returned home. However, Aeromexico refused to refund either our original tickets we purchased or the replacement tickets, even when we provided documentation of the accident and a letter from the doctor saying it was impossible for my husband to fly. I strongly suggest using an alternate airline. I have flown al over the world and have never encountered an airline with poorer customer service or a more heartless non-cancellation policy.
RouteCancun to Mexico City
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"could improve the inflight service"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Boston, the services was ok, chicken or pasta and no more options, they ran out of some beverages so I had to chose another one. The space for the legs is good but the seat is okay for a flight of 3 or less hours, after that is not so comfortable. I think they could improve the inflight service.
RouteMexico City to Boston

"Service non-existent"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Lima via Mexico. Stone cold bagel is not an adequate meal for a 6 hour flight in business class. Dedicated check in counters? No, never heard of it. Online check-in? What's that? Priority luggage handling - doesn't exist. Access to lounges in Lima and Mexico (that belong to SkyTeam, separate complaint) - no, I have to pay. Despite the SkyTeam rules, clearly stated on the website (false advertising when it comes to Aeromexico). Crew doesn't speak English on international routes. Transiting in Mexico city - beyond disastrous. I almost missed my connection. Airport is a mess, no signage, nobody speaks English. I had to clear the customs and border control, and then run around looking for my gate, just to pass another security control (which was useless and ridiculous). Cabin crew on YVR-MEX route was atrocious. Service non-existent. Aircraft was dirty, passengers were seated in business class just because they knew someone or spoke Spanish. All four legs of my flight had completely different "service standards", with LIM - MEX being the only one with remotely acceptable in-flight service.
RouteVancouver to Lima via Mexico

"an excellent flight"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Boston to Mexico City. Crew attentive and professional. Good food and drinks. Loyalty to Club Premier paid off and we got an upgrade to Business Class. Good in-flight entertainment and WiFi. Very new and well maintained plane. Good seats. The baby crib service was amazing as our baby was able to fully rest before our arrival. The flight arrived early to Mexico City. Baggage came out quite fast. In general it was an excellent flight. Aeromexico ground personnel in Boston friendly and patient with us and kids during baggage drop/check-in process.
RouteBoston to Mexico City