Aeromexico

"Just disgusting service"

Trip Verified | My family planned a trip to Oaxaca end of October, flight was delayed 4 hours caused by the mechanics of the plane. The delay caused us to miss our connecting flight in Mexico City. They then had no flights for more than a week that they could get us on. They'd take us to Mexico City and no guarantee they'd be able to get us to our destination! They wouldn't give us a refund at the airport, told us we needed to call the customer service! So I have, 3 times! Each time they tell me they can't help and for me to email. That I can only get a refund if I email. I've emailed 3 times since October and never get a return email. Don't fly Aeromexico. They don't value customer service or their commitment to get you where you paid them to take you! Just disgusting service!
RouteDallas to Oaxaca via Mexico City
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Such a bogus airline"

Not Verified |  Such a bogus airline. I paid an extra $100 for an economy plus upgrade for extra foot space. The unfortunate result is that our IFE screen were not functioning. I asked the flight attendants to fix it and they claimed to restart but didn’t. I had to ask 3 times and they started to ignore me. Unbelievable lack of customer service. The customer service email address is a joke too. I notified them of my experience and they offered to provide a voucher for the equivalent amount for the upgrade, but didn’t provide one after asking 2 times. This is such a joke airline and I cannot recommend this at all. Lack of professionalism and accountability is unacceptable.
RouteSeattle to Mexico City

"really bad experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience with Aeromexico in Mexico City, flight number AM 378, on December 28, 2022. First of all they don’t even board by zones, and second thing I was on zone 3 along side with my wife I paid for the seats I was in. I wasn’t even ask to gate check my bag and one of the staff member just pulled me aside and took my bag without asking what zone I was in and than proceed to throw the tag at me, really bad experience with Aeroméxico will not recommend.
RouteMexico City to San José Cabo

"all was as expected"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | In spite on all the negative reviews I have to be quite different. All worked well, in time and with professional attitude. Some might dispute food, seat comfort etc. But for the 3h+hrs flight I think that all was as expected.
RouteMexico City to San Jose
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Never flying with Aeromexico again"

Not Verified | Very bad communication from Aeromexico customer service. Our flight was delayed from Vancouver to Cancun resulting in losing one day of our vacation time. On contacting Aeromexico customer service regarding the matter, I got a reply after exactly 1 month that they cannot do anything about it. Customer rep name is Alfonso Urbina Valdez. Extremely rude and inconsiderate agent. Not only this, our 4 year old was assigned a separate seat from his guardians. Upon requesting airport staff first they said they cannot do anything about it. Are these people insane or what? I would give negative reviews if I could. Never flying with Aeromexico again.
RouteVancouver to Cancun
Date FlownOctober 2022

"do not recommend the airline at all"

Not Verified | The worst customer service I experienced with an airline!!! I experienced a very bad costumer service on the same day of my flight. I first decided to upgrade my cabin from economy to business. While talking to the sales executive on the phone and when realized that I will not be refunded for the seats I already selected and paid for in AM Plus I decided not to upgrade. After the call I received an email (confirmation) from Aeromexico and then I realized my initial seat selection which I paid for them 1 month in advance where canceled! Checking on the app, I had to repay to select the seats while those seats I chose initially were not available and even worse no 3 seats next to each other to accommodate my family! Flying with a 2-year-old I had no other choice to upgrade! Apart from the very bad experience I had onboard in the business class (from the quality of the food to behavior of the crew) now the airline is refusing to pay the seats which were canceled by their sales executive! Its an absolute scam and zero customer service as they blocked my number calling them! No proper answer from the customer service (via email) as well. I do not recommend the airline at all!
RouteLondon to Monterrey via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2022

"AeroMexico is a complete scam"

Not Verified | AeroMexico is a complete scam. Do not use this airline for anything. Through Expedia, Aeromexico claimed to have purchased our tickets on Delta. They are supposedly partners. AeroMexico sent us a confirmation of our seats and our flight. When we got to the airport, Delta claimed that we didn’t have any seats, and the flight was full. We now could not get to our connecting flight in Los Angeles. We called Aeroméxico at the airport, and they said the flight was full, and there was nothing they could do. Aeromexico also claimed to have bought us tickets and reserve us seats from our flight from Los Angeles to Cancun. According to Delta, this also never happened… even though we showed them an obviously fake confirmation from Aeromexico with our fake reserved seats. This company is a complete scam, and it will cost you thousands of dollars to try and not have your vacation completely ruined after planning for it for literally years. Please save yourself
RoutePortland to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Extremely bad customer service"

Trip Verified | Extremely bad customer service and communication. My flight was scheduled to take off at 8:55pm and at 9:10pm they announced that the flight was delayed for an hour because they were waiting for the flight crew. An hour later they said that they were still waiting for 2 crew members, they boarded another flight before our flight and no information about our flight, going on 2 hours Daley waiting for the other flight to board and not even the decency to informed us or give us an update. If any passenger is not at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight they will lose their flight and have to purchase a whole new ticket so I think that is only fair that the airline should have to reimburse all the passengers for the flight.
RouteMéxico city to Tijuana
Date FlownDecember 2022

"I will never fly this airline again"

Not Verified | Avoid this airline. I had 4 separate flights with Aeromexico. Each flight was delayed for hours without an explanation or something for the inconvenience. I will never fly this airline again. Horrible.
RouteGuanajuato to Mexico city

Aeromexico customer review

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I used to be the biggest fan of Aeromexico. The staff was amazing - professional, courteous, and very friendly (and still are with the obvious exceptions (mentioned below). Unfortunately, our recent trip leaves us questioning whether or not we will ever risk using their services again. If you have or have traveled with someone with, a disability, you know how important it is that boarding the aircraft be done in an organized manner. Those that have issues (health, age, children, etc) need that little extra time before regular boarding commences. It's not meant to be a free-for-all. Well, not unless you board your Aeromexico (AM) flight out of the satellite Mexico City airport, NLU (Santa Lucia). NLU is a relatively brand new airport (opened March 2022) and it appears that the AM staff has yet to be trained on basic procedures. We had 2 bad experiences in NLU. The first was flying in on the way to Veracruz and the second was the return trip out. While the first flight was total chaos, we were fortunate enough that several of the gentlemen at the front of the line saw that my husband was an amputee, etc, and immediately waved us to the front. While this was disorganized, it wasn't the mess that the return flight out of NLU was. The second flight, NLU to Guadalajara was a nightmare. There was absolutely no control over the passengers. When it was time to board, there were no zones or even basic pre-boarding. AM had a group of 20-30 who appeared to be traveling together (not young, disabled, etc) who were let on first. We were about halfway in the line. There was no Premier boarding -- one of the benefits that AM promises its passengers who pay a bit more. Nope, it was a cluster eff free-for-all. Oh, silly my. I forgot to mention not only does my 76-year-old amputee husband need the special boarding, but WE WERE also PAYING PREMIER PRICES for the early boarding. We didn't get it. So, we finally get to our seats and watched as there was no control as the passengers boarded. Several economy passengers just casually jammed their stuff in the Premier overhead bins. Result? Hubby had problems with his carry-on (which had his meds) and which came off badly scuffed. Please understand, I realize that space is limited on flights, but if you pay for certain benefits, you should get those benefits. We did not. I wrote to complain and got the stand "too bad, so sad" letter in return. I had asked for compensation. Of course, that's not going to happen. No, I wasn't looking for a free flight or reimbursement of our tickets. As my girl Judge Judy says, "we ate the steak." What I was looking for was a small compensation to acknowledge that they did not deliver as promised. Instead, I got a form letter that any trained lizard could, and did, write. We will look elsewhere in the future and heartily recommend that you do the same.
RouteVeracruz to Guadalajara via Mexico City