Aerolineas Argentinas

Customer Reviews

3 star Skytrax Rating
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Seat Comfort 12345
Staff Service 12345
Value for Money 12345
Customer rating from 214 reviews
5/10
3 star Skytrax Rating
Filter Reviews by :
Show
4/10

" Asked to move to emergency row"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro. Bad service. Asked to move to emergency row because the regular row is too tight for my size (1,93cm) and cause hurt to my legs. The answer was no because I have problems with my legs! Ridiculous. I frequently travel in the emergency row and I am fully capable. That discussion would not exist if they have normal space for legs.
Type Of TravellerFamily Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteBuenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownJanuary 2019
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"Low-end at a bargain price"

(France)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Rio Grande. When you enter a plane of aerolineas, you immediately fall on the reward of Trip, it gives confidence. Mistake, our 2 flights were incredible, both late (25 minutes for the first and 1:30 for the second), no information, we only warn you when the boarding time arrives, quietly. Following the bad reviews on the forums, and the endless malfunction of the website, we decided to go to the Ushuaia agency to get info on our flight back which was currently nonexistent. ou arrive at check in and there are twenty people at the opening, count 10 to 15 minutes per person minimum. The flight: late, in a dirty plane, the hostesses jostle, splashes and the breakfast is served by running because it seems that it is already very late to do so and for good reason, we land almost at the same time. Add to that the difficulties to pay a ticket on the site, the total lack of communication (no response on any media available), that's a lot for the same company. In short, we are far from paradise. Low-end company at a bargain price! FR: Quand vous entrez dans un avion d'aerolineas, vous tombez de suite sur la récompense de Trip, ça donne confiance. Erreur, nos 2 vols ont été incroyables, les deux en retards (25 minutes pour le premiers et 1h30 pour le second), aucune information, on ne vous prévient qu'on moment où l'heure d'embarquement arrive, tranquillement. L'enregistrement est long, mais long, 40 minutes pour passer une trentaine de personnes. Suite aux mauvaises critiques sur les forums, et au dysfonctionnement sans fin du site internet, nous avons décidé de nous rendre dans l'agence d'Ushuaia pour avoir des infos sur notre vol de retour qui était pour l'instant inexistant... Bin alors là faut oublier, vous arrivez à l'agence et il y a une vingtaine de personnes à l'ouverture, comptez 10 à 15 minutes par personne minimum... Le vol : en retard, dans un avion sale, les hôtesses sont de vraies brutes, on vous bouscule, vous éclabousse et le petit-dej est servi en courant car il semblerait qu'il soit déjà très tard pour le faire et pour cause, on atterrit presque en même temps. Ajoutons à cela les difficultés pour payer un billet sur le site, l'absence totale de communication (aucune réponse sur aucun des medias dispos), cela fait beaucoup pour la même compagnie. Bref, on est loin du paradis. Pour le divertissement, rien sauf leur show : des passagers non-enregistrés qui se présentent à l'embarquement, ah oups, on a oublié une personne en chaise roulante en bas, désolé... Compagnie bas de gamme à un prix classe affaire !
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteBuenos Aires to Rio Grande
Date FlownNovember 2018
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Wifi & Connectivity 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"did not ship fragile items"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Montevideo to Buenos Aires. Airline act as if it doesn't need any clients in every interaction with the customer. I finally managed to book a flight connecting through their hub in Aeroparque in Buenos Aires. The day before the flight, I managed to check in online after only the second attempt, for the system crashed only once. The bag drop, boarding and flight went reasonably smoothly. However, economy seats are small even for a 5'9" person. In flight entertainment was non existent. On board catering options were bland for a 3 hour plus flight. Connecting in Aeroparque, the international connections terminal is more like a holding pen for tourists with a duty free. Dull uncomfortable seats and one catering option with plenty of microwaveable foodstuffs. Second flight went smoothly, pretty quick hop. On the way back, something I have never seen on any airline belonging to an alliance happened: upon trying to ship a box of fragile items, which I have done numerous times in the past with several airlines (even low costs), the check in personnel refused to do so claiming the airline did not ship fragile items. In the end I had to rearrange the fragile items inside my hand luggage and ship it, and carry a card box full of garments that I had to take out of the bag through two flights and an overnight stay at the airport, all while expecting the worst to my luggage. Fortunately, a rigid bag and smart packing with clothes assured the items arrived in an almost intact state. Never again.
AircraftBoeing 737-700
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteMontevideo to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2018
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"action was blatantly robbery"

(Australia)

Trip Verified | El Calafate to Ushuaia. We are on a 28-day South America Tour from Australia totalling 15 flights ( 13 with Latam and 2 with air Argentina) and the Latham tickets stated 23kg by 2 pieces baggge per person while the Air Argentina tickets stated one piece without specifying the weight. My wife and I had one piece each of 21kg and no carry on luggage. At check in counter today we were told that the limit per person was 15kg so we must pay 1300 Pesos ( approx 40 USD) and the bags went straight onto the conveyor belt without allowing us to reduce the weight by carrying on some items. We have travelled extensively two to three trips each year and never had a 15kg limit. The airline should have specified the limit if it was below the norm and offered the passenger the option of carry on if over limit at check in. This action was blatantly robbery and deserved to be named and shamed.
AircraftBoeing 737
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteEl Calafate to Ushuaia
Date FlownOctober 2018
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"Avoid this airline!"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | San Luis to Buenos Aires. Avoid this airline! Flights from San Luis to Buenos Aires were cancelled throughout the day blaming "meteorologic conditions", even though there was nothing unusual and flights were flying everywhere else with no problem. Customers were advised about the cancellations just minutes before the flight departure (via email), leaving everyone in limbo. When calling customer centre, they were very rude, and said that the tickets did not qualify for reimbursement, only could be rescheduled for another day. Of course, they wouldn't pay accommodation or anything else either. When trying to discuss options with them, they simply hang up. Finally, many passengers opted to take the bus and claim the money later on (good luck with the claim, anyway). Unfortunately, they have the monopoly of many flight routes in the country and there is no competition, so they charge whatever they like for a very poor service. They not only cancel flights with no notice, half of the time there is a strike or some other reason to leave people stranded. Fly this airline at your own risk
AircraftBoeing 737-700
Type Of TravellerBusiness
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteSan Luis to Buenos Aires
Date FlownMay 2018
Seat Comfort 12345
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
8/10

"Nice plane, welcoming cabin crew"

(United Kingdom)

Trip Verified | Asuncion to Aeroparque Buenos Aires. This was a return section and my travelling with Aerolineas after some years. I've read some bad press and I recall long haul on dilapidated 747's and 737s 10 years ago. This was a short 1.5 hr flight but international never the less. I require assistance now and this airline provided it with care to attention and in a dignified manner. Check in is good, you receive an email 24 hours prior "looking forward to seeing you" and even a slightly overweight bag was checked in with a wink. How contrasting to my recent Norwegian experience at LGW. Nice clean plane, welcoming well groomed cabin crew along with a standard seating plan. Basic but complementary snack served by very pleasant crew who didn't seem to struggle with English. On time and disembarking with assistance well managed. A thumbs up and now tempted to return to Aerolineas for my next long haul from Europe to South America.
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteAsuncion to Aeroparque Buenos Aires
Date FlownMarch 2018
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
yes
7/10

"Austral flights were better"

(Australia)

Trip Verified | Ushuaia to Puerto Iguazu via Cordoba. I booked three domestic flights with Aerolineas Argentinas and two were on the regional Austral. The flights were closer to being on time than I experienced with other airlines down here, and basically everything went off without problems. The Austral flights were actually better - the Embraer planes are more comfortable and roomy than Aerolineas Argentinas 737s (which looked new but were a bit cramped) and the Embraer seats even have small entertainment screens (can be hard to get earphones though). You get snacks on longer flights, just a drink on shorter flights, and it might be a regional norm that no alcohol is available.
AircraftERJ90
Type Of TravellerSolo Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteUshuaia to Puerto Iguazu via Cordoba
Date FlownMarch 2018
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
yes
1/10

"One of the most dysfunctional organisations"

(Australia)

Trip Verified | Flew Aerolineas from Buenos Aires to Iguazu. One of the most dysfunctional organisations I've ever had to deal with. There is clearly no one who is capable of running a customer focused business who works at this airline. The call centre staff were rude and continuously put me through to a disconnect line. The website forms say 72 hour turnaround times, and no replies are received. I have flown countless airlines worldwide, this is by a very long way, the worst. I would not recommend this airline to people I didn't like, let alone anyone I did.
Type Of TravellerCouple Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteBuenos Aires to Iguazu
Date FlownFebruary 2018
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"attempted trip back was horrible"

(United States)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to El Calfate. My initial flight with the company was okay, if nothing to write home or review about; however my attempted trip back was horrible. The flight was cancelled. I received only a notice the late night before with no explanation. I had no way of getting information as it was a weekend and they do not have weekend hours. When I went to the airport I was informed there were no flights due to a strike. Now while this may have effected more than one airline they did not offer a refund or remedy, or even an apology or sympathy for their clients. I was one of the lucky ones that got in before they left at 2 pm and basically every other passengers had to learn via word of mouth why and how long (5 days before reschedule) they had to wait. Basically swarms of people waiting for information. At the very least there should be an email and apology, truly there should be a refund.
Type Of TravellerSolo Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteBuenos Aires to El Calfate
Date FlownDecember 2017
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Wifi & Connectivity 12345
Value For Money 12345
no
1/10

"the worst I've come across"

(United States)

Trip Verified | I flew Aerolineas on a two week trip with my family from JFK --> Buenos Aires --> Bariloche --> Mendoza --> Buenos Aires --> JFK. I was always a little annoyed with them. I waited on the phone for 30 minutes the day before my flight to reserve seats for the flights and when I showed up to the airport they had no record of my phone call (even though I had gotten an email with seat confirmation) and they had already given away our seats. Given that we had an international flight on our itinerary, we were entitled to two checked bags for each of our flight legs, and every single time they tried to charge us and we had to remind them that we got two free bags - I think they were trying to dupe us. What was most frustrating was that they cancelled our flight home with just over 24 hours advance notice because of a "technical difficulty" with the plane, and instead of having the direct flight from Buenos Aires to JFK that we paid for, they re-booked us (after 1 hour on hold) on a flight to New Jersey. I had a connection from JFK to Boston that I obviously missed, and ended up having to pay for another very expensive flight. I filed a claim and never heard back. I called once to follow up and after 45 minutes on hold I was promised that all claims were addressed within 22 days. 22 days came and went and I never heard back again. I made four additional follow-up phone calls, and each time I was on hold from anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes before I could speak to someone. Every person I spoke to gave a different explanation - from this is the wrong phone number to claims take 2 months (not 22 days) to call Expedia. When I finally started asking to speak to supervisors, two times I was actually hung up on. It is ridiculous that I paid for a flight to JFK, they cancelled it, offered me a flight to another airport, and when I declined, I can't get my money back. I fly a lot, and this airline is the worst I've come across.
Type Of TravellerFamily Leisure
Cabin FlownEconomy Class
RouteBuenos Aires to new York
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Comfort 12345
Cabin Staff Service 12345
Food & Beverages 12345
Inflight Entertainment 12345
Ground Service 12345
Wifi & Connectivity 12345
Value For Money 12345
no