Aerolineas Argentinas

"comfortable seat for economy"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Santiago to Buenos Aires. Excellent. No problems at all. Will fly again. Great staff at both airport and plane crew, clean aircraft, comfortable seat for economy class flight departed on schedule and arrived 10 minutes before.
RouteSantiago to Buenos Aires
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"never book this airline again"

Not Verified | COR - EZE (Buenos Aires). Our first and last flight with this airline on 12/06/2019. The flight was 2 hours late leaving Cordoba, with no reason given for the delay. We were not informed until after check in and the only information about the delay was on flight departure monitors in the departure lounge. In spite of having a long haul, international flight connection with Air France (a SKYTEAM partner airline) on arrival in Buenos Aires, Aerolineas staff showed no concern that we might miss the connection and when asked whether it was necessary to change terminal in Buenos Aires to make the connection gave erroneous information. (We were told it was necessary to change terminal when in fact it was not). On arrival in Buenos Aires we had 59 minutes to check which terminal our onward flight was departing from and make our connection. No assistance of any kind was given by Aerolineas staff. We made our connection but our luggage did not, inspite of being checked through to its final destination on check in. We understand that our luggage has followed on a later Aerolineas flight, via Madrid, but we have yet to receive it. We received an email on return home from Aerolineas Argentinas, sent on the same day of departure, 3 hours after the flight should have left Cordoba and actually at around the time of arrival in Buenos Aires. It declared that the flight departure time had been re-scheduled! In 35 years of international travel, I have never experienced such utterly brazen incompetence on the part of an airline carrier, whose flight attendants were unconcerned, utterly unhelpful and ignorant of international flight connection arrangements with a SKYTEAM airline partner. Of course, we will never book with this airline again and cannot recommend it in any way.
RouteCordoba to Buenos Aires
Date FlownJuly 2019

"update name from initials to my name"

Not Verified | I booked my trip via AMEX Web Site to travel from the US to Argentina for the 2019 eclipse. My name on the ticket defaulted to the name on the card using my initials of my first and middle name. I noticed this today, a full two weeks before my flight from the US to Argentina. AMEX and I called Aerolineas Argentinas to update the name on the ticket. The only option was to cancel the flight and rebook to update the name on the ticket. The replacement tickets was $2500 more than the original tickets $3300, plus no refund of any kind. I can't afford to pay another $5500. In addition now I have to cancel 2 more round trip flights that I had booked with Aerolineas Argentinas for domestic Argentina flights for a total of $1500 and I have cancel 7 nights of hotel bookings with no refunds. I'm out $5000 just because the airline could not update the name from initials to my name. Maybe all airlines are like this, but never did I think such a simple change would cause me such a loss. The Aerolineas Argentinas agent first hung up on the AMEX rep and when we called back we got a different rep who seemed to know of my situation and he was unapologetic and extremely rude. He said while I was on the phone that he refused to speak with me.
RouteNew York to Buenos Aires
Date FlownJune 2019

"more than 8 hours waiting"

Trip Verified | Horrible service, flight from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro supposed to depart at 18:20 on the 31st May 2019 and it was delayed to 2:15am the next morning, more than 8 hours waiting and no one knows anything, gave us a voucher to eat in a poor place called La Churrasquita. Should give a voucher that we choose where we eat, and a place to stay and sleep!
AircraftAR1256
RouteBuenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownJune 2019

"Nice experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to El Calafate. The flights were on time. We had a problem with a pilot strike on 30 April 2019, we had to pay for another night for hotel with no compensation. Airplanes were in good shape and clean. Seat were leather covered with good legroom. Inflight service for 3 hrs. 50 min flight was very basic. A cookie and a soft drink or water. In flight Personnel were friendly and professional. They offer upgrade action, but both times we did not accept our bid even though they had available seats. They were not great but were not bad either. Nice experience.
RouteBuenos Aires to El Calafate
Date FlownApril 2019

"the plane was clean"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Cordoba to Buenos Aires. Very professional staff, the plane was clean. Even better now that they are not charging a lot like they used to, and providing a great service.
RouteCordoba to Buenos Aires
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Aircrafts were very outdated and worn"

Trip Verified | Dubious business practices from Aerolineas Argentinas - avoid flying this airline. Booked premium economy class tickets and were granted 2x32 kg on the first flight, however on the ongoing flight they only granted us 15 kg and the above amount had to be paid extra at the Airport. Neither the Ticket nor the Boarding Pass states as accustomed to from other airlines the weight of the approved luggage. Aircrafts were very outdated and worn, Crew and ground staff unfriendly especially if you are not Argentinian. Skyteam should seriously think about if excluding this airline from their network.
Aircraft737-800
RouteRio De Janeiro to Bariloche via Buenos Aires
Date FlownMay 2019

"plane looked and felt dated and worn"

Trip Verified | You have two terrible choices for flying within Argentina. Latam is a disaster (I'll post more on them - it is truly the worst airline I have ever flown), but not too far behind is Aerolineas. No video, cramped seats, no food even for sale, no beer or wine for sale (this in a country where wine is everywhere). The plane looked and felt dated and worn. Service is indifferent. By contrast, we flew them many years ago where food and beer/wine was complimentary. They have made a decision to go cheap, and it shows in virtually all aspects of the experience of enduring their product. In the US, this would be like flying Spirit, or in Europe, this would be like flying Ryanair. Yes, it is that bad - and I am not prone to exaggeration. At least Spirit and Ryanair don't pretend to be full-service airlines. Aerolineas does, which makes this is even more infuriating. Like I said, virtually all the domestic routes in Argentina are via Latam and Aerolineas. On top of that, almost all the flights go through Buenos Aires city airport (which is actually quite nice). But that means you will have a layover if you are going from one city to another within Argentina that does not include BA. In summary, choosing between Latam and Aerolineas is like choosing between being waterboarded or electrocuted. Just pick the cheaper option, eat before boarding, and just endure this torture.
RoutePuerto Iguazú to Buenos Aires
Date FlownMarch 2019

"provided the mere basics"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | They were essentially no frills and provided the mere basics on a flight. Granted, on a 1 hour flight Air France provides a drink and a croissant or similar pastry, whereas only drinks are provided with the same flight time. For a three hour flight, only a snack mix packet was served. Check in is very fast, boarding passes printed almost immediately, but the lines are long and people seem to turn up very late for their flights often, which means a lot of queue cutting. Boarding is mostly a mess, but bearable. Compared to LATAM’s lines though, Aerolíneas’ lines are relatively short. The 737MAX I flew was amazing. The engines were extremely quiet and the windows were large and gave a great view. The seat is the same as China Airlines. Legroom reasonable for short flights. One thing I am critical about, is that overhead bin space is very scarce. People sometimes have to store stuff 3-5 rows in front or behind them. Flight attendants were such a mixed bag, some were extremely friendly and open for conversation, and some didn’t greet you.
AircraftBoeing 737-700, Boeing 737-8MAX
RouteEl Calafate to Puerto Iguazú via Buenos Aires
Date FlownFebruary 2019

" Asked to move to emergency row"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro. Bad service. Asked to move to emergency row because the regular row is too tight for my size (1,93cm) and cause hurt to my legs. The answer was no because I have problems with my legs! Ridiculous. I frequently travel in the emergency row and I am fully capable. That discussion would not exist if they have normal space for legs.
RouteBuenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro