Aerolineas Argentinas

"aircraft in very good condition"

(Bolivia)

Trip Verified | Check in was flawless, aircraft in very good condition but rather small for a three hour red eye flight; on other positive aspect, flight was scheduled for 0150 am but departed around 50 min ahead of time, which is not always desirable specially when People are meeting you at destination airport But what the heck, would you rather be late?
AircraftE190
RouteSanta Cruz to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2022

"my last time flying them"

Trip Verified | I was flying red eye from Bogota to Montevideo with a connection in Buenos Aires and my flight was delayed over 5 hours. This caused me to sleep at the airport and have my connection rescheduled so that I not only arrive late at night to where I cannot check in to my reservation and more importantly I miss out on a valuable day of vacation. There was no staff at the airport when I arrived at the gate or anywhere beyond the checkpoint. And no one would show until 2.45am, which is 7 hours after I arrived. No one to help with their mistake. When staff did arrive I asked for any form of accommodation. Sleeping at airport? Nothing. An earlier connection? Nothing. Cancelation (I unfortunately have another couple flights with this airline) since now I only have 2 days in Montevideo? Nothing. Money or points? Nothing. There’s nothing they can do but pass me off to the next stop. This is my first and lasting impression with them and after my trip it will be my last time flying them.
RouteBogota to Montevideo via Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | On a recent trip to Argentina, I flew with Aerolineas Argentinas several times on domestic trips. I was pleasantly surprised. The aircrafts were well maintained and all flights were on time.
RouteBuenos Aires to Salta
Date FlownAugust 2022

"service was generally unfriendly"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disgraceful. The airline made us wait 2.5 hours in Madrid to issue our boarding passes. There is no business lounge. The service was generally unfriendly. Everything was an effort. No flat bed. The food came on a trolley and was most unappetizing. No menu printed and only two options. Poor presentation. When we arrived in Buenos Aires, we had to wait 1.25 hours with no announcement or explanation for our luggage. Our luggage was wet and clothes in luggage also wet.
RouteMadrid to Buenos Aires
Date FlownMarch 2022

"I will avoid this airline at all costs"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | A scheduling disaster. Five flights booked, all five were rescheduled. Not only that, but the rescheduling included connections that didn’t make sense anymore: first leg landing after the second leg departs, and with no further options during that day. First, they changed the first flight of five, and only offered to rebook that one for free (even though it affected the following 4) so I had to pay for the change of the following four flights myself. Then, as the dates approached they changed (multiple times) the remaining four flights, up to the point that my last flight is to a completely different city. I will avoid this airline at all costs whenever I have a choice. An embarrassment and a scam.
RouteBuenos Aires to San Juan Domingo Faustino
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Awful customer service!"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Awful customer service! I booked 5 flights with the airline. 1) Customer Service not responsive: I had to miss my 4th flight due to an unexpected situation. The airline allows change/cancellation if it is >1.30hour prior to the flight time - I have tried contacting the airline by calling and WhatsApp, no replies - I had no choice but to forego this booking and purchase a new ticket from a different airline. The WhatsApp reply came 12 hours later and did not even read the chat above. 2) Unclear policies - As a result of missing my 4th flight, the airline automatically removed my 5th flight from the system - The airline did not allow me to check in and I had wasted 1 extra hour in talking to the sales office. The sales office wouldn't issue a new ticket for me as it is "impossible" to fly today now, the earliest flight available is in 2 days which is unacceptable. 3) Awful service from staff - I complained "how am I supposed to know?" that they would remove my 5th flight because I missed my 4th one (they are 1.5 days apart), the staff responded "now you know" - The staff even scolded me for not arriving to the airport earlier.
RouteBuenos Aires to Sao Paulo
Date FlownDecember 2021

"told us we would have to wait 8 hours"

Not Verified | Having booked flight over a month in advance, they over sold the flight. Did not notify us until we were at the check in counter, 90min before the flight. Basically told us we would have to wait 8 hours and hopefully get the next flight. If you are thinking of booking with this airline please reconsider. For your own peace of mind. Customer service is not in their intentions, only taking your money.
RouteBuenos Aires to Tucuman
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I have not received a penny"

Trip Verified | Absolute disgrace. By far the most sketchy, unprofessional airline I ever dealt with. Flights canceled due to Covid. Argentinean Airlines have disconnected all phones and no one ever replies on WhatsApp. I mean using a free app to communicate with customers - all you need to know about their level. I have received one reply saying that they have reimbursed me on November 30th. It's February and it's clear that that's a lie - I have not received a penny. By the way, I have paid for flexible ticket, so it was refundable regardless of the Covid situation.
RouteBuenos Aires to El Calafate
Date FlownNovember 2020

"still no reimbursement or even reply"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced (basically there is none). One of these airlines where things are ok as long as there is no issue, otherwise you are in for a treat. Flight cancelled in April (no reason provided but covid would be the logical guess) and still no reimbursement or even reply to my many requests over the last 8 months. There is no number to contact the company, they only give you a WhatsApp number to call (no one answers) or ask you to do so on Facebook (and again they do not reply).
RouteIguazu to Barliloche via Buenos Aires
Date FlownApril 2020

"nothing approached business standards"

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to New York. My first and last international flight with this airline. Literally nothing about our experience approached business class standards for a full-service airline: inattentive and rude flight attendants who were absent for most of the 11-hour trip and routinely ignored call buttons; no preflight drinks or even water or hand towels; I had to ask for an amenity kit as the crew forgot to hand them out; they banned the use of the front lavatory claiming it was "company policy" and did not clean the two others very often. The onboard entertainment was non-existent and no one was watching any of the few movies offered. It gets even worse: the meal service was the worst I've ever had in business or first class on any airline. It came not on a plate but in an aluminium foil-wrapped tin container and was inedible. Our flight departed at 11:30 pm and they started meal service two hours later, which is unacceptable for passengers who want to eat and go to sleep. I'm a Diamond Medallion with Delta, so at least I got the miles, but Skyteam needs to seriously rethink having this airline as part of its alliance.
RouteBuenos Aires to New York