Avianca Ecuador

Avianca Ecuador customer review

Business Class from Baltra (GPS) to Guayaquil which seemed to be one of their new Airbus A320s! The cabin had three rows (1 to 3 in a 2 x 2 configuration) with IFE at every seat were wide and included a foot rest. They did not offer to pre-board Business Class passengers however and all seats were accounted for in both cabins. For the 90 minute flight I feel the cabin stewards could have been more attentive or visible. After the meal service (a sandwich and chips) they disappeared to the galley and rarely returned to check on passengers. No alcohol offered and I am not sure if it was even available. The flight was on time - I'm just not sure I would pay the additional cost to sit up front as the meal and service do not justify it!

Avianca Ecuador customer review

JFK to Guayaquil and to the Galapagos. The plane seemed in okay condition. However when we arrived at the airport the flight was delayed 3 hours and even after verbal and email confirmation days prior our vegetarian meals were not on the plane. The flight attendants were not helpful when trying to piece-meal some old cold and inedible vegetables together. Additionally my seat was broken and also the audio portion for the in-flight movie would not work and when I mentioned these issues to the flight attendant I was told "I am sorry" and then he walked away.

Avianca Ecuador customer review

Travelled recently to Ecuador and Galapagos from New York City (JFK). Took Aerogal for seven total legs. The airline was cheapest by far compared to other airlines. Not a single leg departed on time and departure lateness varied from 30mins to 2.5hrs. This was a big deal when my group missed its first connection from Guayaquil to Quito and we had to wait several hours for the next plane. Only one baggage mishap - baggage for some of our group members came with a later plane meaning we had to wait in the airport an additional two hours after that first two hour delay. Staff in GYE or UIO was not very responsive to or concerned about this situation. Would fly again - only because it's half-priced compared to the other guys.

Avianca Ecuador customer review

Aerogal overbooked our flight from JFK to Guayaquil by 50-60 passengers. Even though we arrived three hours early for our flight we were left standing in the terminal as our plane took off. No one could tell us when they would be able to put us on a flight. As a result we missed our connection and lost an entire day of our honeymoon as well as the upgraded accommodations that we had paid for. We have been offered no compensation and no one at the airline is responding to my emails.

(Denmark)

BOG-UIO economy a few weeks ago. Apart from a 20 min delay out of Bogotà which we never caught up on this was a flight that reminded me how flying in Europe used to be. new A320 with good IFE considering the 1h15m flight and tasty warm breakfast served in economy - as a Dane I was amazed to find my homeland's butter brand Lurpak onboard! Staff served drinks twice before our descenT to Quito. Bags already on the belt when we had cleared immigration. Great flight only issue was the delay.

(Colombia)

Guayaquil-Quito in old 737-200 maybe one of the last opportunities to fly this aircraft gorgeous for Aviation enthusiasts! Aircraft well-maintained and clean service good for a 30 minutes hop consisting of a sandwich and beverages. Flight on time friendly staff nothing to complain about. Quito-Bogota in 757 on-time friendly and motivated staff light meal served beverages soft drinks and beer wine coffee. Aero Gal belongs now to the Avianca group all Quito flights are now done by Aero Gal which does not appear a drop in service quality so far.

Avianca Ecuador customer review

Guayaquil to Galapagos (Balta) coach. Flight was delayed several hours (which appeared to be preplanned because our guide knew about it). When the flight arrived it was a new 757 and they served breakfast/lunch. All flight attendants spoke clear English and very helpful.

(Ecuador)

Aerogal has routes within Ecuador and international flights to Miami and JFK. Domestic service is reliable on time and cabin service excellent. Seats are generally available to walk up customers on the day of the flight. Aerogal web site reservation and ticketing system functions well.

(Colombia)

Aero Gal is the second airline of Ecuador apart from TAME. Their name means Aero Galapagos. They use primarily old 737-200. I flew on one of these 2 days ago from Quito to Guayaquil and it was an experience of the late 70s. Cramped seats but good service for a quick 30 minutes flight consisting of a tasty sandwich and choice of beverages like juice soft drinks coffee. The aircraft was clean FAs friendly. Would fly them again on domestic routes.