Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"moved me further up the plane"

Trip Verified | Shanghai to London via Moscow. The crew were about to bring out drinks when the turbulence stopped and were standing around for over an hour. I got up to speak to someone she advised that everything was ok there was just a lot of condensation from the air conditioning. I took my seat again and the captain told cabin crew to get in their seats due to turbulence. I found the lack of information from the captain ridiculous. Barely any announcements during the flight. Whereas some airlines even advise of the weather etc. I was sat between people who brought their own food and spat their food into their cups etc. When asked to move they weren’t 100% that I could as there was an entire row free near to the emergency exit however these were for premium members. They dealt with the matter quite well in that in an hour they moved me further up the plane as luckily one of the premium members had agreed to switch to the empty row for me
RouteShanghai to London via Moscow
Date FlownApril 2019

"am awaiting this refund"

Trip Verified | Aeroflot changed my schedule from a 2hr transfer to a 14hr transfer overnight in Moscow airport. They did not contact me to let me know about this change and it was only luck that I logged in to check my seat selection that i saw it. I called to cancel and refund, which took them 2 weeks to even initiate after I contacted them again to check the status and I am awaiting this refund. Poor communication and customer service.
RouteBangkok to Budapest via Moscow
Date FlownMay 2019

"you have to pay for luggage"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to St. Petersburg. After years of having an extremely lax baggage policy, where they didn’t charge anything to check in the first bag, let excess kilos float through without comment, and never paid any attention to cabin bags, Aeroflot has done a complete U-turn. Now you have to pay for luggage in the hold (£36 per item) and they are applying zero tolerance for a few grams over and weighing hand-baggage, applying limits to the letter. My excess on the same amount of luggage I’ve travelled with for years came to £129, almost doubling the price of my ticket. It was extracted by the service staff, at times barely suppressing smiles. The baggage policy – or lack of one - was among the very few positives. I’ll be thinking long and hard when booking a flight to Russia next time.
RouteGatwick to St. Petersburg
Date FlownMay 2019

"Aeroflot client support is useless and helpless"

Trip Verified | My first flight in the itinerary AMS-SVO was delayed by 1 h due a malfunctioning aircraft (as I was told), so I missed in SVO my connection to ULN and was re-routed via PEK with Aeroflot SVO-PEC and Air China PEK-ULN. The flight SVO-PEK was 1 h late in PEK as well, and I was put in Beijing in a hotel for 24 h to wait for the next Air China flight. My visit to ULN was planned as 2 days long, so I requested an Aeroflot agent to send me back to AMS, as my trip had lost its purpose. The Aeroflot Agent in Beijing spoke very poor English, and he ignored my request without a reason provided, but recommended to call to Moscow during office hours in Moscow (it was 3 am in Moscow at the time of this conversation) and discuss this with people from central office. As long as it would be too late then, and because in my experience Aeroflot client support is useless and helpless, I went to the hotel (the hotel was very poor and in a very strange location, btw). Re. inflight experience. All the Aeroflot long haul cabins I was in (A330 for AMS-SVO and B777 for SVO-PEK) were tired, did not look very clean and chairs were not the best. In contrast, both B737 for ULN-SVO and A321 for SVO-AMS were brand new and clean. Meals were very decent on AMS-SVO-AMS, decent on ULN-SVO and very unimpressive on SVO-PEK, especially a weird plastic-packed cooky before the landing that was (I suspect) designed as a breakfast. In-flight entertainment systems were broken or not very responsive both in A330 and B777. Flight attendants are trying their best to be nice, but did not act very professionally.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777 / Boeing 737 / A321
RouteAmsterdam to Ulaanbaatar via Moscow SVO
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"hard working crew"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Stockholm to Tokyo via Moscow. Great experience with hard working crew and great punctuality. Many people say Aeroflot are a fraud and that it’s a bad airline but these people are totally wrong since they have changed totally from their past and now it probably is the world’s most underrated airline company. The crew was amazingly polite and kind but the one of the only issues was the cabin temperature was too hot on the way home (Tokyo-Moscow) but at least they listened and did what they could to make it better unlike many other companies who would have totally ignored it. The food wasn’t the best either especially when the plane originated from Moscow but from Japan it was way way better. I would definitely recommend Aeroflot and would love to fly again with Aeroflot in the future!!
AircraftBoeing 737/777/A320
RouteStockholm to Tokyo via Moscow
Date FlownApril 2019

"treated me very unfriendly"

Trip Verified | Malé to Zurich via Moscow and missed my connection flight. We arrived just 40 minutes late at Moscow where I was supposed to get my connection flight to Zurich. Usually staff will help you if there is little time to reach the next flight which you booked together as one ticket with the same airline. There was two counters with staff, apart from that, no one to find. By the time I could make someone talking to me, my flight already left and they didnt care about it and I was stuck with other passengers in the transfer area. They left me without information and a little food voucher I couldnt even afford proper food with. I started running around the airport, trying to find someone who could give me any information or at least a place to sleep. I waited for more than 5 hours at the airport until I managed to get information. I had to wait for 15 hours.
RouteMalé to Zurich via Moscow
Date FlownMay 2019

"8 days for my bags to arrive"

Trip Verified | I flew from IAD to TLV via SVO on April 15th, arriving on April 16th. 2 out of the 4 bags I checked didn't make it (along with many other bags from other passengers that were all making claims at the same time that I was. It took 8 days to finally get my bags (my trip was only 12 days long). During those 8 days I sent emails, faxes and called the airline and lost baggage service (Q.A.S) multiple times and never received any responses. The only reply I got from them was due to a Facebook message I sent, which explained I need to contact the airline directly, not through their FB page. On April 24th I decided to go to the airport and look for my bags myself. They claimed my bags were not there, but I begged to check on my own and was finally allowed. Well, they were sitting right there in their storage room! It seems that when the bags finally made it on a flight, they had new tags put on - meaning the airline would have never found my bags, since they were searching for my old tag number. When no one claimed the bags, instead of searching their system to look for my claim, they issued a new claim to the case even though my name was on the baggage tag! Now, I flew back the same route arriving 4 days ago (TLV, SVO, IAD) and 3 of my 5 bags checked are missing! They claim it was due to a short stopover, but I had a 14 hour stopover! It is going to take 8 days for my bags to arrive as Aerolflot only has 1 flight a week that flies this route.
RouteWashington to Moscow via Tel Aviv

"They lost my luggage"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Moscow. Old Boeing 777 (5 years old), seats are super tight, and the choice of movies available is quite limited. Food: lowest quality I have seen on a plane. They lost my luggage - what can happen - however, to receive it back I received phone calls at night (11.30pm).
RouteHong Kong to Moscow

"food was terrible"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Male to Moscow. The food was terrible for me, the blanket looked used and dirty. It was possible to use the entertainment only a lot of time after the take of and they give you the headphones later. The dinner was served a lot of time after the departure in and they take so much time to bring you the drinks that you already have finished to eat.
RouteMale to Moscow
Date FlownApril 2019

"Seats hard .. leg space good"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Moscow. Flight left on time and reached on time. Seats hard but leg space good. Inflight entertainment was problematic to operate. Press something and something else comes up on the screen. No free alcohol served on this flight. Food served after an hour and a half after take off and meant to be breakfast was terrible and small portions of food. Next food an hour and a half before arrival. A small snack box. I will carry my own food with me from Moscow back to Delhi. Worse than a low cost airline.
RouteDelhi to Moscow