Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"improving daily its service"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Chisinau to Moscow. Aeroflot is improving daily its service. Due to the lack of the sky-bridge, business class passengers, SkyTeam Elite and Elite Premium got a dedicated mini-bus to ensure fast and priority boarding. A 2 year old 320 with business class configured in 2-2 and economy in 3-3. Food service wasn’t the best - sandwiches and a good variety of soft drinks, including juices. It wasn’t the best sandwich I had, but still a good snack for a 2h 45min flight. Chairs were comfortable, with generous legroom, covered in a blue leather-like material. A pleasant surprise were European style and USB plug-ins. There wasn’t the traditional in-flight entertainment system, however Aeroflot is implementing a new free on-board system. Having an Android, iOS or Windows compatible device, I had access to Russian or foreign films, cartoons, music videos, documentaries and an interactive map, showing traditional details like altitude, speed, time and so on. They also had a designated area with information regarding transit procedures, company’s history. Overall is was a night flight, very calm and nothing extraordinary.
RouteChisinau to Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2018

"amazing experience"

Trip Verified | Overall, amazing experience in premium economy on the flight Moscow to New York. Started with a hassle-free boarding. During the flight, impeccable service was provided by attentive flight crew. Comfortable seats with very decent leg room and foot support. The food quality and choice can rival business class on some airlines - three choices of main course (which was served on china and with metal cutlery) were offered at both meal services. Healthy snack variety and ice-cream were provided in between. Rich entertainment program. Clean cabin and lavatories. Best value for money. Would definitely fly with them again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMoscow to New York
Date FlownMay 2018

"definitely fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Return flight Amsterdam to Moscow SVO. On both flights the cabins were bright and modern and clean. Crew on both flights were friendly and polite. Hot meals (hearty, decent not overly sophisticated) and blankets on this routes made the service complete. Interestingly enough the flights were dry (no alcohol served). A huge amount of magazines are to be found in the seat pocket, the inflight magazine however was not interesting at all for international travellers since after 250+ pages in only Russian, a ten page english summary is provided. This is my major point of feedback; please be more considerate to non Russian travellers. I found the seats on the A321 much more comfortable (slim designed new seats with good legroom and personal device holder) than on the A330 (hard, more narrow, very limited legroom, made even worse by the hundreds of pages of magazines pressing against your knees, I'm 1,79m). But all in all I enjoyed both my flights and if they offer a competitive price would definitely fly with them again.
AircraftA330 / A321
RouteAmsterdam to Moscow SVO
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"my luggage hasn't arrived"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I used Aeroflot to travel from Havana to Istanbul return with a connecting flight in Moscow. Both of the experiences were horrible. First, they departed around 40 min late from Havana which caused me and several other passengers miss the connecting flight from Moscow to Istanbul. They were rude and not providing any decent help or assistance at Moscow airport. Their staff can dare to ask you "what do you want?" when you're trying to get help after stacking at the airport. We had to wait for the next flight to Istanbul for 4 hours. Yesterday I flew back to Havana from Istanbul. It departed around 1,5 hour late from Istanbul and there was 1 hour 50 minutes time in between the connecting flights. I barely caught the plane from Moscow to Havana, running all over the airport in Moscow with rude assistance ordering me like "run, you have 3 min, no more!". My ultimate destination was Cancun, Mexico so I took another flight from Havana (my luggage was checked in from Istanbul to Cancun directly so I didn't need to collect it until Cancun). When I arrived at Cancun, I found out that my luggage hasn't arrived. It was left in Moscow and supposed to be delivered next day (I'm still waiting as of Sep 12, flew on Sep 11. I will update my review). The meals served were horrible and planes uncomfortable. Old chairs, very tight leg space even for a short person like me, my TV barely working.
RouteIstanbul to Havana via Moscow

"I can’t fault Aeroflot"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately our original flight was so delayed that the ground crew decided to cancel our tickets as we would miss our connection and there was no other flight to London. Ground crew were fantastic, provided accommodation and meal vouchers. As it was the end of school holidays, it was chaos and it was almost impossible to find seats on another aircraft. They searched for a couple of hours and managed to book us with another company. All free of charge of course. Although we arrived one day late, I can’t fault Aeroflot.
RouteHong Kong to London via Moscow
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"know where our luggage is"

Trip Verified | London to Shanghai via Moscow. They delayed my flight and I missed my original flight in Moscow. They proceed to give no information and are not helpful. They changed my ticket from Moscow to Beijing to Shanghai causing me to have a longer flight. The flight to Beijing was annoying and bad, Aeroflot had previously told me my luggage will be be in Shanghai. However, we asked at Beijing if they know where our luggage is. The Beijing staff proceeded to help us look for it and it was in lost and found.
RouteLondon to Shanghai via Moscow
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"haven’t received my baggage"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Moscow. Everything was ok on my first trip, but while I was coming back it was the worst flight that I ever had. I will never fly with Aeroflot again. When I got in JFK it was 11 and it took almost half an hour to go out. It was around 11.30 pm I was waiting for my baggage I waited there till 01.30 am for my baggage, I asked one of the employees to see what was going on. They said my baggage never came to NY and it was still in Moscow. I understand it could happen they had 10 hrs to let us know (it took 10 hrs from us to come from Moscow). It’s been 4 days but I haven’t received my baggage.
RouteIstanbul to Moscow

"Seats are comfortable"

Trip Verified | Munich to Moscow. Aeroflot operates from Terminal 1 at Munich airport, which is the terminal for non Star Alliance airlines. They have a couple of check-in counters with a very long queue. Being a SkyTeam Elite Plus member we were allowed to use the Business Class lane which had no wait time. Aeroflot uses the Atlantic lounge, which is okay but nothing special: Light snacks, tarmac view (ground floor) and soft drinks and liquors. The flight itself was okay and better than expected: Even in Economy Class, Aereflot serves a full, warm meal on this intra-european flight as well as a limited selection of alcoholic drinks (wine and beer). Seats are as comfortable as Economy Class seats can be.
RouteMunich to Moscow
Date FlownAugust 2018

"still got nothing from them"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Warsaw via Moscow in May. On the coming way from Hanoi to Warsaw, my suitcase was broken So I asked a luggage claim at Warsaw airport for a report. Then I emailed them about my case but it took 2 weeks for me to have the flight contact for my case from the airport staff. Then Aeroflot emailed me and said they would compensate for my case. But until now (August) I still got nothing from them. Even I emailed them 3 times to ask for what will be happening next but no reply.
RouteHanoi to Warsaw via Moscow
Date FlownMay 2018

"I haven’t received my baggage"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to New York. Upon arrival to JFK on August 9, 2018 I haven’t received my baggage. I was told that they will contact and deliver it to me within 24-48 hours. It’s been almost 4 days. I haven’t received any phone calls. I still have no idea where is my baggage. The number I was provided doesn’t works I left hundreds of voicemails. No one got back to me. I still don’t even have cloth to change and I have no idea what is going on.
RouteMoscow to New York