Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"I missed my connection"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | I was flying from Copenhagen to Saint Petersburg via Moscow. With all flights on the route being served by Aeroflot. I had only 75 minutes to change in Sheremetyevo. Why do you let the booking systems to sell the tickets with such a small time to connect. It's barely enough if the flight is on time - but, in my case, the Aeroflot flight from Copenhagen was delayed by 25 minutes. I have to say a few words about the official ground representatives of Aeroflot in Copenhagen. It was hustle and bustle, with lots of unnecessary movements. They made an impression of low professionalism. So the flight from Copenhagen departed with 25 minutes delay. The cabin crew on the flight CPH-SVO was also very hectic. I asked for a coffee and they poured me a warm liquid which barely resembles coffee. When I've told the lady about it and asked for the tea (if it's warm) I was met with very unfriendly face. The food had become very poor lately. I missed my connection to Saint Petersburg, I was rebooked for the next time, but barely had time to catch it. So if you travel via Moscow's Sheremetyevo you have to have at least two hours for the transfer. I arrived in Saint Petersburg's Pulkovo airport with the next Aeroflot's flight, but my luggage didn't, it arrived two flight later almost at midnight. The ground service of Pulkovo airport offered me to wait for my luggage two and a half hours. They offered me to fill in some papers and lied that if I will put 24 hours contact permission, it will simply mean, that they will have a right to send me sms 24/7, in fact, I later figured out that it meant that they can deliver my luggage 24/7. The next day I call to Pulkovo luggage service to ask about my luggage delivery, and they inform me that I will only get it from 20:00 to 8:00, at night. So I took a taxi and came to Pulkovo myself and picked up my luggage. Aeroflot didn't compensate the money I've spent on a taxi.
RouteCopenhagen to Moscow via Saint Petersburg
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Every flight was delayed"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to Bangkok via Moscow. Every flight was delayed by minimum of one hour. Nearly missed my connection flight. Dont expect any help if problems occur. We had an emergency passenger on plane and stewards were clueless how to help. Luckily we had a nurse on the flight who could measure the blood pressure. We nearly made an emergency landing because of miscommunication, if I wouldnt have translated for the sick customer. A fight nearly occurred between staff and a passenger, which the customer didn't want to make free for another passenger. If you book a flight with a connection, make sure your stayover is longer than two hours. Otherwise you are in risk of missing the connection due to the delays.
RouteHamburg to Bangkok via Moscow

"Excellent inflight service"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Hong Kong. Excellent inflight service and I was happy to share particular compliments about those who served me. Much better than Cathay Pacific long-haul by a longshot. Flight arrived early. Cabin was clean and fresh. No issues with bag storage. Lots of space. Excellent entertainment system and magazines. Food quality and quantity better than Cathay Pacific. Bag came out very quickly. Really feel that this airline cares about its customers in a genuine way.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMoscow to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"missed the connecting flight"

Trip Verified | Flight was delayed from New Delhi. Landed Moscow at 15:10. Due to the late arrival missed the connecting flight. Have been waiting for accommodation since then with a torturous process of waiting for the hotel list at 11 pm then immigration and now waiting for the bus to hotel at 12:30 am past midnight. Looks like I may not even get couple of hours of bed since past 30 hours of my journey.
RouteDelhi to Moscow
Date FlownMarch 2019

"they kept people in a bus"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Saint-Petersburg to Rome. It was -10 degrees outside and they kept people in a bus with open doors until it gets full to get to a plane. Even though, the plane was fully packed the bus made just 2 races. When bus arrived to the plane people had to wait outside the plane cause they were checking boarding passes for the third time in a row.
RouteSaint-Petersburg to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2019

"only loaded 20 cans of beer"

Trip Verified | Ho Chin Minh City to Moscow. Thought I'd give it a try, but this is really not good compared to other airlines. Poor food, no alcoholic drinks on this 12 hour flight, because they only loaded 20 cans of beer and a few bottles of wine and they were halfway the first serving finished. When you ask staff something, you first get a sigh. English if the captain not understandable. I don't believe they take safety serious; no extra explanation at exit row.
RouteHo Chin Minh City to Moscow

"CS not helpful at all"

Trip Verified | Miami to Kaliningrad via Moscow. I've been flying Aeroflot for Years. Love the service, very pleasant crew, Always helpful. Customer service phone line is easily accessible but not helpful at all. This last flight the airline charged my debit card twice for one booking and now it has been almost a month since I contacted them, I filled many different forms but no-one contacted me back and I don't have and answer whether they are going to refund my $900 or not. Very Frustrating!! Will review my rating after I solve the problem accordingly.
RouteMiami to Kaliningrad via Moscow

"staff closed the gate"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to St.Petersburg. The plane from Nizniy Novgorod was late, but I've been able to catch my next flight and was at the gate 3 minutes before the gate closes. However staff closed the gate and what is frustrating they showed opposite direction to the customers support office and disappeared from the gate instantly. Because of this I lost a lot of time searching the office and nearly missed the opportunity to change my tickets for the next flight.the next flight was delayed for 40 minutes and there was no excuse from personnel.
RouteMoscow to St.Petersburg

"Pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Flew return Dublin to Beijing via Moscow. Pleasant experience for my first time flying Aeroflot. There was no online check in available in Dublin but it was available in other sectors. . The first flight of four had a 20 minute weather delay ex Dublin, the other three flights ex Moscow and Beijing were on time. All the flights were full. Boarding was prompt and easy. The internal European flights were on A320s and included inflight meals. The main courses were fine rather than good but the side dishes - salads, bread, deserts etc - were good. No alcohol was served on these flights. Moscow Sheremetyevo airport was huge and full of interesting sights, but the immigration in transit at 5am was woefully understaffed. The cabin crews on all four flights were very friendly, polite, attentive and efficient. The flights from Moscow to Beijing and back were on new B777 planes. The inflight entertainment was good with a nice selection of movies. One section of the plane had sound interference problems with their systems which the crew were unable to remedy. The seats were very comfortable and the blankets for overnight flights were much better quality than most. In general, the airline certainly give the impression that it is trying hard to maintain and improve its standards.
RouteDublin to Beijing via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"crew were super-friendly"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Yekaterinburg. The flight time is 2h30min, I like Aeroflot's A320 seats, all types. The new one, are the best one, they have iPad and phone holders, power outlets etc. But this plane was 8 years old, but the cabin looks like it is new. On this 2:30 flight, you receive sandwich, candy bar, an apple and drinks (tea, coffee, different juices, and water) All is nice. Cabin was clean and crew were super-friendly!
RouteMoscow to Yekaterinburg