Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"refused to provide a compensation"

Trip Verified | When countries announces border closure, Aeroflot did not notify me of the cancellation of the flight before the borders were closed. I learned about the flight cancellation from the media. When I phoned Aeroflot to change the date of my flight, =I had to stay in the telephone queue for around an hour, and when the operator picked up the phone, she ask me to stay on the line a minute, however went away for at least half an hour and never returned. As tickets for alternative flights were being bought by other people and prices were rising very quickly, the only realistic option was to buy a new ticket from Aeroflot for a date before the closure of borders, and then claim a refund. The price of this new ticket was several times more expensive than the original ticket. Aeroflot have refused to provide a refund for the new ticket. Aeroflot cancelled the flight due to border closure, failed to inform me about it before the border closures, failed to change the date of the flight, and refused to provide a compensation for the new ticket.
RouteRiga to Dubai via Moscow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"denied boarding for no COVID test"

Trip Verified | I purchased a ticket in November 2020 that had no COVID restrictions for transiting in Moscow, there is no policy for COVID testing when you transit Moscow. We were denied boarding for no COVID test, tho our destination, Turkey does not require any. We were denied boarding after being checked in, luggage tagged, boarding passes issued. Manager did not agree to ticket refund, tho it is a refundable ticket.
RouteLos Angeles to Antalya via Mosco
Date FlownDecember 2020

"almost 10 months to have my refund"

Trip Verified | I bought my tickets for travel in April 2020 for my friend and I and unfortunately because of the Covid-19 my flight was cancelled. I’ve subscribe for a refund and 5 months later I still didn’t get news of it. I’ve send messages and answers was useless. So I’ve called the center the lady on the phone didn’t seem to understand what’s going on and she told me that I can’t do a refund anymore I need to do voucher. So I’ve decided to do my voucher and the website didn’t work. So I’ve sand email to the center again nd this afternoon I’ve tried the voucher with my friend name and she got her voucher back but you can only use 15% on it so how many flight I need to do to have my £800 back?. And with my name I can’t have my voucher I don’t know why for my ticket that put error. I’ve been fighting during almost 10 months to have my refund. It shouldn’t take that time and that energy to have the money you said you’d pay me back.
RouteBrussels to Bangkok via Moscow
Date FlownApril 2020

"The customer service was extremely poor"

Not Verified | My flight was cancelled by Aeroflot back in April. We called multiple times throughout April, May and June and I was promised a refund of the full amount. It was obviously not up to me whether to take that flight or not and it is reasonable to expect a full refund. However refund was never provided. I tried to send multiple messages to the airline’s customer service as well with no response. Last week I tried to call Aeroflot customer service. I had to pay for the international call as there are no representatives in Australia where I live. The customer service was extremely poor. To be honest, I have not encountered such poor attitude in years and it was extremely frustrating. The customer service representative could not properly address any of the issues. She said that the only two options are a voucher and reissuing new ticket. Well, I don’t live in Russia or even Europe so there is absolutely no way I can use these options. The reason why I bought a ticket with Aeroflot was that the transfer time was convenient on my way from Rome to Tokyo, I was not even intending to visit Russia. I explained it and no, nothing she was willing to do, just continued quoting new Russian legislation that came into effect half a year after I bought the ticket! I asked to explain how come I was promised a refund previously and was held waiting for months and months and now it’s not an option. She couldn’t explain. She said I can submit complain through the feedback section. I explained that I have tried to communicate the issue through the feedback section already and not getting any response. She said she can’t help with. Then I asked her to connect me to her supervisor and no, she couldn’t do it for some reason. This is the first time ever I couldn’t speak to a customer service manager or a supervisor. Basically the company just decided to keep my money that I paid, go ahead with it and customer service did not care at all. I just lost a lot of money on the international call without any resolution. This situation is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. Every other airline I booked with that cancelled flights provided me a refund a while ago, despite COVID-19. Understand there are struggles at the moment and I did accept a voucher from an Australian airline because I can use it living in Australia. But I just can't use an Aeroflot voucher. The ticket wasn’t a cheap ticket either and it was refundable and it is outrageous that I can’t get money back for a ticket that was refundable (and I paid a premium for it to be refundable and have an option to receive a refund). I sent another message to the airline following the call and received the same response about vouchers that is pretty much just their copy paste from the customer service templates. The airline does not care about their customers and reputation and is just exploiting COVID-19 situation to hold customers’ cash for as long as possible (if not indefinite).
RouteRome to Tokyo via Moscow
Date FlownApril 2020

"above and beyond any competition from other European carriers"

Trip Verified | London to Moscow on brand new A350-900. I must say I’ve experienced one of the best business class hard products in the world. Amazing suits with doors, featuring a huge and easy to navigate IFE screen with lots of movies and music, super comfortable lie-flat seat, lots of storage space, and great touches, such as a personal wardrobe, and a locker with a mirror. Staff were amazing, food was good (although I think Aeroflot still has a room for improvement here, especially if it wants to become a 5 star airline), and ground service was quick and efficient. All in all, Aeroflot’s A350 is definitely above and beyond any competition from other European carriers.
AircraftA350-900
RouteLondon to Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2020

"not refunding cancelled tickets"

Trip Verified | Aeroflot is not refunding cancelled tickets due to Corona. I booked many flights in the past months, all were refunded in a couple of months. Aeroflot refuses to do that, I am so disappointed.
RouteHamburg to St. Petersburg
Date FlownApril 2020

"the soft product is amazing"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | London to Moscow on Aeroflot B773. I always wanted to try out their Comfort Class, and had an opportunity this time. I must say that the soft product is amazing. Excellent business class quality meals (must say, even better than in business class), highly professional, efficient and super friendly crew, good ground experience in London (many Aeroflot representatives at Heathrow, guiding and informing passengers at check in and near boarding). My big complaint though was the shell seat, which was hard to sit on, had really poor recline, and it’s footrest was quite useless. Otherwise, i loved the product and found it much more worthy in value than Aeroflot’s average European business class.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Moscow
Date FlownAugust 2020

"let registration for flight"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | On 8th August, 2020 we sent 8 seafarers via Aeroflot by flight SU2578 to London Heathrow where crew should had been departed the same day to the USA. All seafarers hold guarantee letters from agent in the USA, from Company, issued tickets to the USA and valid c1d USA visas. But check-in and registration was refused by Aeroflot at check-in desk and their representative at Sheremetevo Airport showed low competency while refusing registration. Aeroflot representative denied accept immigration exemption of UK government for transit of seafarers with valid C1D visas, refused talking to Company representative and was rude. On hot line of Aeroflot we were told that it is unacceptable that their representative behaved like this. Because of incompetence of Aeroflot employee we lost lot of time and nerves. All was solved once this employee finished his working day and more informed and professional representative let registration for flight for our seafarers.
RouteMoscow to London
Date FlownAugust 2020

"keep saying my refund will be processed"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | My flight from Madrid to Bangkok got cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic, I been calling and emailing many times for 5 months, initially, they said it would take up to 10 days to process my refund, then they said they had so many cancellations and have to process each of them manually so I could take up to 2 month, called again after 2 month, they keep saying my refund will be processed buy they can't tell when. I will end up spending more money and time trying to solve this than the money spent on my ticket. They do not provide any solution, neither seem to care, they do not answer my emails. They are ghosting people trying to get them tired of calling emailing, claiming for their money, so they don't have to refund the money, offering vouchers.
RouteMadrid to Bangkok via Moscow
Date FlownApril 2020

"refunded fully the ticket costs"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Aeroflot refunded fully the ticket costs by clicking only only button. The process was easy and fast. My flight was not cancelled it’s just due to the new quarantine rules in the country of arrival I had to cancel the ticket. I was surprised and please to see how easy and fast the refund process is. Other airlines offer vouchers or refund only 30% of the ticket price whereas Aeroflot did it on their website and refunded the full fare paid. I am very pleased with the service and would be happy to book again.
RouteMoscow to London