Aer Lingus

"crew was polite and attentive"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Dublin. Nice trip with space for my legs, the seat was big enough but i was too cold in the cabin. The crew, despite it was just the end of the night was polite and attentive to all my requests.
RouteParis CDG to Dublin
Date FlownApril 2019

"a very comfortable flight"

Trip Verified | I was one of the thousands stranded by WOW airlines abroad. A lot of articles suggested Icelandair had you open a case, send all your personal information to prove you had paid already & told you to call to get a discounted rate as a rescue fair (the fair provided to me would have caused me to miss my flight within the states back home and been more than I could purchased for a normal flight on the open market through other carriers). I called Aer Lingus and asked if they were giving discounted rates, they where sympathetic, got me on a flight and gave me a discount with out jumping through hoops. They really were there for the stranded passengers abroad. I had a very comfortable flight from Dublin to Newark. I highly recommend this carrier!
RouteDublin to Newark
Date FlownApril 2019

"An appalling experience"

Trip Verified | London to Cork. An appalling experience at the hands of the call center over a simple query requesting a seat change to sit with my 9 year old son. When I politely requested to be put through to a supervisor / manager because of how poorly he was handling my request, the agent hung up on me. Absolutely disgraceful!
RouteLondon to Cork
Date FlownMarch 2019

"our tickets changed twice"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Miami via Dublin. Had our tickets changed twice at short notice ending up with a whole day sitting in Dublin Airport with young children. No apology, just get on with it. Try emailing guest relations which is a joke as they are simply not bothered, I presume due to the extremely high number of complaints. Yes its cheap but without a doubt at a high price when it comes to service.
AircraftA330-200
RouteEdinburgh to Miami via Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2019

"friendly and very helpful"

Not Verified | Dublin to Toronto. Flight staff were friendly and very helpful. The inflight meal in economy class was pretty decent, and the seats were comfortable as well. Flew for less than what other low-cost carriers charge and got way better service and comfort.
RouteDublin to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"should clean up their flights"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Dublin. I fly quite a lot and have flown with Aer Lingus before but on my last couple of flights I arrived to my seat to find it covered in rubbish from the previous flight, including food and used tissues on the floor. Other than that I usually enjoy my flights with them but they really should clean up their flights.
RouteBrussels to Dublin

"flight was enjoyable"

Trip Verified | Düsseldorf to Dublin. Boarding started on time and the plane started on time. The whole staff was friendly offered help and was in a good mood. The tea was good. Seats are modern and the legroom is above average. The whole flight was enjoyable.
RouteDüsseldorf to Dublin
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"there was very little leg room"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Tenerife. Selected two economy class seats for myself and my partner on Aer Lingus flight to Tenerife. We were dismayed to find there was very little leg room, much less than the other rows, and the seat backs could not be reclined. The seats were in Row 11 which was immediately in front of an emergency exit. However there was no indication on the online seat selection plan that there were any issues with these seats - the fact that they were shown as available to reserve at the same price as seats in adjacent rows surely implies they would be of the same standard. My partner was particularly upset as she suffers from arthritis and severe back pain - it would have been intolerable for her in these seats on a four hour flight. We asked a steward if we could move, and he said we could once the plane had reached safe altitude. However there was no apology. We did move then, to seats which were perfectly satisfactory, but we were lucky that there were such spare seats available! Aer Lingus appear to be selling sub-standard seats under false pretences. You might say that we should have checked first with Seatguru but it should be clear from the airline website. Also the flight attendant staff often appear to have little regard for their customers who they seem to view as an inconvenience and a restriction on their ability to continuously chat with one another.
RouteDublin to Tenerife
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"the flight was very smooth"

Trip Verified | Easy flight with no complaints. Cabin crew were nice and the flight was very smooth. The flight felt a bit long and there was no in flight entertainment. A very average experience.
RouteRome to Dublin
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | Shannon to Edinburgh with Aer Lingus. By far the worst flight experience to date. Our flight was delayed over 5 times with no information given to us. All they gave us were 5 dollar vouchers to buy a drink which obviously does not equal the amount of time wasted and stress that was caused because of the 6 and a half hour delay. The flight was quick but the ATR planes are extremely noisy and you could really feel how small the plane was inflight. Not a pleasant experience.
AircraftATR 72