Aer Lingus

"Pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Rome-Fiumicino. Pleasant experience. Checkin was seamless and well organised and as we were a group of 20 they took our bags free-of-charge which made travelling through the airport an easier experience. However, boarding was quite a long drawn out process. Long walk, then lift/stairs to an eventual bus. Checkin is through Terminal 2 but you end up getting bused to a mini satellite terminal (South gates) where gate 335 is located before actually boarding the plane from the tarmac. Infrastructurally, this issue lies with DUB airport as opposed to AL itself. Onboard the staff were very friendly, courteous and operated efficiently. The first 45 minutes of the flight including takeoff were quite shaky and turbulent but cockpit provided plenty of info en route. Very nice flight, staff exellent but disembarking took some time as all passengers had to get off via front of the aircraft even when stairs were provided at the rear. Overall, I’d recommend Aer Lingus but a little more attention to the details: boarding and disembarking required.
RouteDublin to Rome-Fiumicino
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Overall I enjoyed my trip"

Not Verified | Manchester to JFK via Dublin. Overall I enjoyed my trip to New York with Aer Lingus. The cabin crew were very polite and the airline held the plane because our Manchester to Dublin flight was delayed. Aer Lingus let themselves down when they out us on a late flight to Dublin, this left us with a half an hour gap until the plane to JFK departed. This meant we were rushing through American customs and we only just made it. It would have been better if we were out on an earlier flight so this could have been avoided. The inflight entertainment was not the best with only a few films which directed to my age range. The food was quite nice and was served about 2 hours into the flight.
AircraftA330 / A320
RouteManchester to JFK via Dublin

"Excellent customer service"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Chicago. Excellent customer service today from Leah on the Premium check-in desk. Her infectious good humour set us all up for a great start to our US holiday.
RouteDublin to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I did not receive a wheelchair"

Trip Verified | London City to Philadelphia via Dublin. I had to take an emergency flight back to the states because my father passed away suddenly. I searched on skyscanner and Aer Lingus was the cheapest so I booked it. I am a disabled passenger so requested wheelchair service, as I cant walk or stand for very long. I did not however receive a wheelchair at any point of the journey. And I wasn't pointed in the right direction to get one. I flew out of London city which is a small airport so I was able to make it through security and to the gate. When I got to Dublin I waited for everyone to leave from the plane before I did, as it's easier and less of a pain standing and waiting behind people. There was quite a long walk to get down the plane steps and into the baggage area to then find my way to my connecting flight. I noticed on the baggage belt there was a suitcase similar to mine, it was in fact my suitcase! They were supposed to have transferred it onto my next flight to Philadelphia. Luckily I had seen this because who knows if it would have made it there. Anyway after trying to find someone to take my luggage I noticed a desk and I explained the situation and said they'd personally make sure it made it onto my next flight Between my connecting flight I had to go through security again, which annoyed me. At security I hadn't put the tray on the belt straight so staff called me back to do it. It was very condescending, when she could have easily done it herself. Once on the plane, it was very spacious as I was lucky enough to have both seats next to me empty, which made the trip very pleasant. My flight home was easier than the trip I had there. I would like to warn people not to purchase the wifi. I have never had an issue purchasing wifi on a flight before but to spend £6/€6 on what I thought would last longer than a couple minutes, I think is disgusting (They confirmed it lasted 4.4mins) I have disputed this and they refuse to refund or do anything about my complaint. Also they ran out of the choice of food on the plane, con of sitting towards the back end of the plane I suppose, but I don't think this should happen. Landing in dublin, it was early hours of the morning I again struggled to get to my next gate. I walked for what seemed like miles without having the wheelchair assistance I had requested at the beginning of my booking. I finally made it to my gate after several rest breaks, and had a smooth ride back to London.
RouteLondon City to Philadelphia via Dublin
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"experience was quite pleasant"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to San Francisco via Dublin. I booked the airline on Skyscanner because it was $300 cheaper than others I found and was puzzled as to why it didn't show up on other sites like Travelocity. Afterwards, I checked reviews online and began getting worried as the common theme seemed to be that staff was horrible, planes were cramped, and they lose luggage often. With those images in my head I went to the airport in Amsterdam hoping for the best but expecting the worst. The staff at the counter was pleasant and although there are no boarding groups everyone got on the plane free from incident. The plane wasn't any more cramped than other budget airlines. After US preclearance in Dublin, I boarded a larger plane from there to San Francisco. The plane was about half full which gave us our pick of open seats and the flight attendants were surprisingly pleasant. In fact, one gave me an extra meal saying I "looked like a growing lad". Unfortunately, the food was terrible. I only had carry on baggage which was not scrutinized for its size. All that said,Aer Lingus like most other businesses gets reviewed based on whether the customer is lucky enough to get a happy crew or a grumpy one. My experience was quite pleasant and based on that I would recommend the airline.
RouteAmsterdam to San Francisco via Dublin

"disorganization in Frankfurt"

Trip Verified | I was flying from Frankfurt to Boston via Dublin. At the counter in Frankfurt I and about 20 other passengers were told by Aer Lingus staff that they would not check us in because Aer Lingus flights that day from Dublin into the US were cancelled. They did not give an explanation as to why although later I was told that it was 'operational problems'. We were sent to a separate desk with generic airport booking employees unrelated to Aer Lingus for rebooking. These airport people had to call the regular Aer Lingus hotlines in order to be able to rebook anyone, but these hotlines were busy for more than an hour, and the Aer Lingus people in those call center were only allowed to process 3 rebookings in a single call, drawing this whole process out unnecessarily. During this time the flight to Dublin had departed and the original Aer Lingus front desk people had disappeared. It took 3 hours until my rebooking was looked into, at which time most alternative transatlantic flight options for that day were gone. So were all the options with any of their partner airlines with which they allow free rebookings (of which there are few in the first place). So I was told to take a hotel and wait for a flight the next day. I instead had to book a flight for the same day via British Airways via London on my own and had to pay over 2000EUR for that. Most of that money I now have as a loss, but at least according to EU regulation Aer Lingus owes me a compensation of 600EUR which would at least pay for a part of it. In phone calls and mail communication they have now started to claim that the flight had not been cancelled it had only been delayed and they don't owe me compensation. I checked the flight history on Flightaware and saw that EI0139 on 1/7 did indeed fly. The reason for this mess up I can't fathom. In any way, since they barred me from the flight, they owe me 600EUR regardless if the flight in the end would have been possible or not. While I'll eventually get the 600EUR, the time and money wasted so far both with the situation during the trip and dealing with them in the aftermath is enormous. And greatest is the disappointment with Aer Lingus. I have flow with them a couple of times and from those experiences had thought them to be a half way solid airline. But the level of disorganization that they have shown that morning in Frankfurt dwarfs anything I have ever seen before.
RouteFrankfurt to Boston via Dublin
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"highly recommend this airline"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Lisbon to Seattle via Dublin. It was my first time with Aer Lingus, and everything went great! It is a long route to accomplish, and all flights were on time which is crucial. Also, their mobile App has a very good user interface, flight staff is very friendly (which is expected, coming from Irish people). The plane was well maintained and clean, it was not a new plane but that’s normal. The food was not so much to my taste, but not bad. Personally food is the least important aspect of a flight .. so overall I highly recommend this airline. I’m sure I’ll fly with them every chance I can!
RouteLisbon to Seattle via Dublin
Date FlownNovember 2019

"service was flawless"

Trip Verified | Paris to Chicago via Dublin. First time traveling with Aer Lingus. I really enjoyed my flight specially on the way back because of the leg room I had. First the price was unbeatable and they let me chose my seat when I bought my tickets. From the check in at the airport to the flight attendants service was flawless.
RouteParis to Chicago via Dublin

"Had a good flight"

Trip Verified | Had a good flight from Dublin to Amsterdam and great staff on board the plane. The cost of hold luggage with Aer Lingus is robbery as far as I am concerned. I was then travelling onward to Izmir and my flight to Izmir included seat choice, 30 kg hold luggage and food. It was far cheaper than the Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Amsterdam. I had to use Aer Lingus is I had no other choice and that's the only time I use them.
RouteDublin to Amsterdam

"Excellent business class"

Trip Verified | Glasgow to Toronto via Dublin. Weekend in Toronto for a bit of work and a birthday party, husband and I would normally fly Transat Club or Icelandair Saga. Also frequent BA Buusiness customers. After flying with Aer Lingus, we will never fly with the other carriers again if we can avoid it. From business check-in, to streamlined security and clean, well-serviced lounges - even the pairing with KLM in Toronto was excellent. Polite, well-mannered cabin crew - who could not do more for you and were friendly without being overbearing or annoying. Excellent business class seats with a massage function that reminds me of Delta First before the refurb. Could not more thoroughly recommend the Aer Lingus premium product. The entertainment suite is also excellent
RouteGlasgow to Toronto via Dublin