Aer Lingus

"enjoyed my flight with Aer Lingus"

Trip Verified | I really enjoyed my flight with Aer Lingus. The ground crew at Orlando were rude, however they weren't Aer Lingus employees, but this did slightly impact the experience. The on board crew were lovely, and were chatty and making sure we were ok. The food was very tasty and plentiful. My biggest complaint comes down to the IFE - there was a disappointing amount of TV shows and Movies, and the map was an old school one that you couldn't move yourself. This wouldn't stop me flying with them again, however. The value for money was there.
AircraftA330-300
RouteOrlando to Manchester via Dublin
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"The Verifly app will not work"

Trip Verified | The hassle if you don't have Verifly at the boarding process is nonsense. Verifly wouldn't accept my vaccination certificate or recovery certificate, or my partner's picture. We get greeted at the boarding gate by a woman shouting 'Verifly boarding only' over and over at us. We had priority boarding - that counted for nothing. The queue was chaos with people unable to understand what was going on, or people scrambling to do the Verifly process thinking they wouldn't be allowed to board without it. The Verifly app will not work with an Irish/EU recovery certificate, and given the number of recent cases that renders it useless. Staff on board were great, but this was so much more hassle than Ryanair, Air France or KLM have been recently.
RouteDublin to Lyon
Date FlownDecember 2021

"unable to allocate seats on the JetBlue flight"

Not Verified | Beware using Aer Lingus connections with JetBlue. They are unable to allocate seats on the JetBlue flight. This resulted in my wife and I being allocated middle row seats 12 rows apart on the jetblue flight. Aer Lingus business class mediocre at best in comparison to rival airlines. Very poor food and cheap poor wine selection. Cabin crew the only redeeming element of the modern Aer Lingus.
RouteDublin to Boston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Absolutely horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Absolutely a trash experience coming from Dublin to Chicago. We ended up waiting on the plane for other passengers to board when it was way past our expected take-off time by over an hour. We were not compensated for this lost hour in any way at all. People who can’t show up on time need to be left behind in order to keep the responsible people on schedule. Absolutely horrible experience and I’ll always be telling people about it and how awful it was. My time is valuable and I didn’t appreciate how inconsiderate Aer Lingus was regarding it.
RouteDublin to Chicago
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they don't really seem to care"

Trip Verified | I wanted to go to Ireland to shoot woodcocks. I brought my shotgun with all the related paper work: European firearm pass and Irish certificate. It was all validated at Paris CDG by the Aer Lingus team. And then they simply forgot to put my shotgun in the plane to Dublin. And even worse, they seem to have lost it. It has been more than 10 days now and they cannot find my shotgun. And the worst is they don't really seem to care. Their call centre has a terrible connexion, and the operators keep on saying they are sorry but they are unable to locate the firearm which is under their responsibility. I will never ever fly Aer Lingus again.
RouteParis CDG to Dublin
Date FlownDecember 2021

"could only refer me to do another test"

Trip Verified | Came to Chicago O'Hare with a negative PCR test to fly back home to the Netherlands and declined, apparently University of Chicago is not acceptable? They could only refer me to do another test at the airport (20 minutes away) for 240 dollars! In the end we agreed on a rescheduled flight for September, but up till today I am still waiting for my new ticket. Luckily the KLM check-in desk was next to Aer lingus so I was still able to fly a day later without any problems. Many emails have been send in which a generic response and as of today I have finally received an email.
RouteChicago to Amsterdam via Dublin
Date FlownJune 2021

"I can now no longer take one of the flights"

Trip Verified | I booked my flights home for Christmas four months in advance to minimise the costs. Aer Lingus have informed me that they have taken the liberty of changing the times of both flights by more than 12 hours. I can now no longer take one of the flights, as I had booked for 10pm because I have a job, and they moved the flight to 9am the same day. There were multiple other flights the same day they could have moved it to, that were closer in time to the original flight. Because of their seemingly random choice, my options were either rebooking onto another flight and paying the difference (around £300) or cancelling the original flight and rebooking onto another airline (£230). Surely if you cancel the original booking, the passenger should either have a choice of when to rebook, or you should move them to the nearest flight.
RouteLondon to Cork
Date FlownAugust 2021

"rather uncomfortable and disappointing flight"

Trip Verified | Short hop across the Atlantic. But rather uncomfortable and disappointing flight. Cabin crew were not groomed particularly well and this set the tone of their service. They gave an impression of not wanting to be there or perhaps even tired. Food service was fine and speedy drinks bar service with reasonable prices. I don’t use IFE. But a cramped single aisle plane with only two toilets is not suitable to be honest. People sleeping with legs in the aisle made going to the bathroom at the back an epic journey. I think IE could do a little bit better particularly with its crew, grooming, and set the tone a bit better. Not a cheap one way ticket either.
RouteBoston to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not fly with this airline ever again"

Not Verified | This company has offered daily tickets to different destinations all over Europe at affordable prices during, and after, the COVID 19 pandemic restrictions. Their strategy was to cancel those flights right before the 14 days period that the EU 261/2001 law stipulates. They would, after, offer you 3 options: full refund, Flight reallocation or voucher from company. I chose to get a full refund and, well, turns out that Aer Lingus Customer Services are one of the worst I have dealt with. I created an application form for the total refund of my flight tickets, which was never replied to. I have tried to call them several times with no answer. I have written several emails with no reply. And after all, they kept sending me emails re allocating my flight (the one that suppose to be cancelled for at least 14 days). Nowadays I am still trying to get to them, but no response. This seems to be the way they have been operating lately. I will not fly with this airline ever again.
RouteDublin to Bilbao
Date FlownJuly 2021

"they were selling tickets on a flight that they had already cancelled"

Not Verified | Last March I booked above flights to Dublin and then received an email to inform me that the flight was cancelled due to Covid. Further informed that no refund was available but a voucher would be issued in next 6-9 months. I then booked a second flight the following week to same destination and again, received an email shortly thereafter informing that this flight was also cancelled due to Covid. And again the same process of no refund, voucher months later applied. It smelt like a scam to me so I retried to book my original flight - dates, times etc.. and would you believe, the original flight that Aer Lingus had cancelled on me was still available to be booked on their website. So they were selling tickets on a flight that they had already cancelled. Only recently I did receive a refund of approximately half what I paid for the flights. They said it was fees that made up the difference. What a disgrace of an airline. Never again Aer Lingus.
RouteBilbao, Spain to Dublin