Aer Lingus

"staff on both flights were incredible"

Not Verified | My son and I flew from Chicago to Dublin, Ireland on June 23rd returned Dublin Chicago July 23rd. We flew to see a sick parent and their flights were reasonable. I wish Aer Lingus flew from Atlanta (we had to fly from Atlanta to Chicago) to Dublin - they are incredible! The flight going to Dublin was so comfortable and the food was lovely but the staff on both flights were also incredible. The staff couldn’t do enough to make the trip great! The captains and assistants flew us safely and checked in during the flight. Also want to mention Dublin Airport for friendly staff and especially Martina from Duty Free - she was incredibly helpful. Security was thorough and friendly also. Keep up the great work Aer Lingus!
RouteChicago to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Six weeks later and no refund"

Trip Verified | They offered a steal of a deal during the pandemic. I knew I was gambling on most of the ticket fee, since it wasn't refundable, and I ended up having to cancel because hotels weren't open in Dublin at the time. They still owed me the $80 refund of the government fee. Aer Lingus claimed they had 'unprecedented volumes' and were overwhelmed. If they had half a brain they'd know that by offering all these flash sales during a pandemic they'd need to be able to handle cancellations and rebookings. I emailed them 3 times, no response. Six weeks later and no refund. Needless to say, I'll never give them any more of my money.
RouteChicago to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2021

"Impossible to contact Aer Lingus"

Not Verified | The flight was cancelled by Aer Lingus. Based on the Aer Lingus policy I am entitled to get a refund. Waiting for weeks now. No reaction at all. Apart from e-mails from "no reply" mail box. Impossible to contact Aer Lingus by phone (over 45 minutes waiting time).
RouteAmsterdam to San Francisco via Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I have yet to see my voucher"

Trip Verified | They cancelled a flight, I requested a voucher in Oct. 2020, and it is May 2021 and I am still waiting. I contacted them per email, and on Twitter, and I have yet to see my voucher. They have promised to issue it several times, but they just want to keep customers' money. So I am back to travelling with Ryanair, because although their service could improve a lot, at least they are honest and upfront about every single expense.
RouteDublin to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not care about their customers"

Not Verified | I was flying from Edinburgh to Dublin to Boston in 2020. The weather was bad, so after two scary attempts to land us in Boston, they landed us in a small airport in Hartford, CT instead. This is fine-being safe. Once there, they sent a representative to talk to us. They were going to bus us to Boston, MA, which would mean my connecting flight to Raleigh would be missed (I had booked this separately). I spoke to their representative numerous times. (Oh and they had lost one piece of my luggage too, which they were able to find a few days later). The plan from Aer Lingus was to bus us to Boston and we would arrive between 1 and 2 in the morning. We were told that the airport would then be closed, but we might be able to get a cab to a nearby hotel, but they were not sure if any were running. Their plan was to dump us outside of Boston Airport at 1 or 2 in the morning. Remember, this is after 2 extremely turbulent attempted landings and a diversion to a different airport. I asked if they could put us up in the Hartford Airport hotel instead. I was told yes and that I would be reimbursed, but the fastest way was to pay it myself and ask for reimbursement later. I also asked about having to rebook my connecting flight that was missed, and was told yes, it would be reimbursed. I was lucky enough to have enough to pay for an unexpected hotel and extra flight, but not everyone may have been so lucky. I filed a request for a reimbursement through Aer Lingus website as told to do. It took over a month for a response and was told that they could not help me because I showed them bank statements and no the original receipts. I got the original receipts and sent them in. I was denied at that point because "there responsibility was to get me to Boston, not to pay for connecting flights or hotels." So-even though I was told directly by their representative that I would be reimbursed, and that their plan was to drop us off at a wintry cold airport at 1 or 2 in the morning with no accommodations, they feel they held up their end of the deal. Ridiculous experience. They do not care about their customers. Pilot and flight attendants were great people though. Sorry the company is under par.
RouteEdinburgh to Boston via Dublin
Date FlownNovember 2020

"refuses to refund me"

Trip Verified | I had booked a flight with aer Lingus but then the travel ban came into place around Christmas time and I couldn’t travel. Aer Lingus refuses to refund me and when I’ve queried this, I get emails about how I agreed to the terms and conditions. Absolutely no help or hope of getting my money back even though there was a government travel ban. Ryanair gave me a full refund for my flight going the opposite end way but Aer Lingus have left me high and dry and made it very clear that they don’t care about me or my custom. I don’t intend to fly with aer Lingus again
RouteDubin to London
Date FlownAugust 2020

"You have lost a customer"

Trip Verified | Booked Q4 2019 for flight in August 2020, Covid struck and Aer Lingus pushed people to take a Credit Voucher with time limits that were not fair. Credit Voucher took so long to arrive (Jan 2021) and customer services stalled with will expedite, in final processing for months and months. Eventually I gave up and contacted my Credit Card company and requested a 'Charge Back'. Luckily you have 120 days after the flight was meant to have occurred. I ended up getting a 100% Refund thanks to my Credit Card company. Be warned Aer Lingus - You have lost a customer for how you handled me and this event.
RouteDublin to Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Airline not willing to extend credit"

Trip Verified | They just got away with my $897 without offering an option of alternative. I booked a ticket SEA-MPX-SEA in February 2020, with outbound date June 2020. Due to COVID I cancelled they trip and got, through Expedia, a credit. Credit will expire tomorrow. Airline is forcing to book between January and February (2021) since credit from original ticket was purchased on February 2020. However, no flights are available in between both months. Airline not willing to extend credit to purchase tickets beyond February 2021. Also, not willing to move expiration date of credit from 31/12/2020 (tomorrow).
RouteSeattle to Milan
Date FlownJune 2020

"6 months waiting for vouchers"

Trip Verified | 6 months waiting for vouchers. Rang them multiple times but they keep telling me it's not their department. They won't put me through to the correct dept. or give me contact details for them. Just keep putting me off.
RouteShannon to New York
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"went far beyond the call of duty"

Not Verified | My husband took a turn and was poorly he couldn't get onto the aircraft by himself the cabin crew organised help who where absolutely amazing they also organised help when we arrived at East Midlands. The staff and cabin crew went far beyond the call of duty and exceeded our expectation. I cannot thank them enough. When I asked for help they wanted to ensure we were well looked after and we were 110%. The ground staff and cabin were the best I have ever experienced.
RouteEast Midlands to Belfast City