Aer Lingus

"Irresponsible airline"

Not Verified | Dublin to Chicago. Irresponsible airline! My wife and I had a “bucket list” vacation planned to Ireland including a return flight from Dublin to Chicago on Aer Lingus. Unfortunately the coronavirus pandemic rose and we decided to do the the responsible action and cancelled our trip . Another airline we were taking and all of our hotels were very cooperative and totally refunded our reservations. Not so with Aer Lingus as they refused to refund our money. Very disappointing from an industry that provides the vehicle for such a pandemic to occurr in the first place . I feel we were penalized for making a responsible decision to cancel
RouteDublin to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not possible to get any response via email or phone"

Not Verified | London to Dublin with Aer Lingus. Not the worst airline I have ever used, but the one that I would least recommend. Even though I should have been able to rebook my flight to a day later, it was simply not possible to get any response via email or phone. in the end, I was forced to the flight I didn't want to take. PS: I did get a response to my emails. Stunning three weeks later.
RouteLondon to Dublin

"Shame on this airline"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Prague to Dublin. Shocking behaving during coronavirus crisis. Despite coronavirus shutting down my country/borders I cancelled all my flights with Aer Lingus and they refund only 10 % of the price. Shame on this airline for not helping people during a global crisis and national emergency.
RoutePrague to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"would not refund our booking"

Not Verified | Shannon to Edinburgh. Terrible customer service. Despite Coronavirus shutting down our country / borders and cancelling all events Aer Lingus would not refund our booking. Shocking and appalling. Shame on this airline for not helping people during a global crisis and national emergency. Will never fly Aer Lingus ever again.
RouteShannon to Edinburgh

"crew were so pleasant"

Not Verified | Dublin to Chicago. Aer Lingus was very understanding and flexible during the coronavirus pandemic. We needed to change our flight once the UK and Ireland ban went into effect. They were helpful and quick with the change, at no extra fees. The flight attendants and crew were so pleasant and happy to help during our flight which helped ease our stress levels. I would recommend Aer Lingus and continue to fly with them in the future.
RouteDublin to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I want an immediate refund"

Trip Verified | We are due to fly from Dublin in April to Izmir. Aer Lingus are offering a reschedule to an unknown date in the future and waving the admin fee or a voucher. I want an immediate refund.
RouteDublin to Izmir
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"refused to refund or exchange"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Dublin. Due to the pandemic I decided not to fly to Dublin tomorrow as planned. Aer Lingus refused to refund or exchange my ticket. I understood that was the case when the ticket was purchased last November, but under the circumstances I would think the airline would work with us. However, they refused to do anything and said it was our choice not to go on the trip. Why would we travel when everyone is advising against it. I'm very sad to cancel my trip but Aer Lingus is making it worse by not refunding our money. I was told if my ticket was purchased after March 6 I could get a refund. Who buys an international ticket that close to a trip date? My flight is scheduled for March 15. I will never recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteChicago to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"imposed a 100$ fee to change flight"

Not Verified | The response from this airline to the Coronavirus is highly unethical. I had a flight to Dublin, yet the government of Ireland announced the country was going to be on lock down due to the virus . I was not willing to get stuck there nor risk my health, yet the airline imposed a 100$ fee to change flight and the change difference ranged from 300-800 for different dates. They are offering no options to customers other than forfeiting all amount of the trip, knowing there is an epidemic. Most of the other airlines at least have offered to cancel fees for changing dates. This is the worst airline and obviously have no human values within their company.
RouteChicago to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they offered no flexibility"

Trip Verified | The response to the COVID-19 situation by Aer Lingus has been lackluster to say the least. Aer Lingus has literally not a single mention of "COVID" or "coronavirus" across their website, even as they have shut down all flights to and from Italy. Also, despite the "Avoid Travel" warnings from the US CDC and State Dept, they offered no flexibility in terms of changing my existing flight to Rome, but once I was here, they axed all flights to and from Italy. After they had cancelled my flight, I called them, and found they were unable to accommodate me in a flight from Geneva, which they serve, and is the nearest location they serve that's accessible by train. Also my understanding is they would have charged me any fare difference for such a flight. RyanAir saved me in this situation with a direct flight to Dublin, and honestly they are leagues beyond Aer Lingus in terms of response to the COVID situation. The Aer Lingus cabin crew are excellent however, shame the leadership at Aer Lingus has done such a bad job planning and responding to the COVID situation.
RouteSeattle to Rome via Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"most airlines are allowing changes"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Dublin. It is astounding that Aer Lingus is not allowing people who have existing bookings (ours is for tomorrow - Mar. 11) to change them without the per person / per direction change fee, which is not cheap. They have announced that new bookings can be changed with no fee, but are not making this policy change retroactive. I'm not even asking for a refund - a credit for 12 months would be acceptable. I live in Canada and have always flown Air Canada internationally, but decided to give the flag airline for the Republic of Ireland a try this time for our first trip to Ireland. Friends of ours have gotten credit from Air Canada, so I guess I have learned my lesson. My understanding is that most airlines are allowing changes with no change fees. We are so disappointed to have to cancel our trip to Ireland - our daughter was in tears. We feel very badly for the small businesses in Ireland, like B&Bs and hotels, but they were all willing to give us a refund, even when rules should have prevented it, but not Aer Lingus. If Aer Lingus won't offer flexibility, we won't be using Aer Lingus in the future, and I will actively recommend to anyone who will listen that they shouldn't either.
RouteToronto to Dublin