Aer Lingus

"They did not offer to help in any way"

Trip Verified | My flight to Dublin had some issues with connecting partners. It took 35 minutes to get an agent on the phone to correct my connecting flight. My flight home I wanted to change. For some reason the only option online was to cancel. I didn’t want to cancel just to make some changes. I have since been on hold three times totalling 9 hours. So I went to Dublin to make the change in person. After a 2 hour wait I was told the change could only be made online or by calling. They did not offer to help in any way. I was literally crying and they didn’t care at all. So I called again. Now the simple change is $1,200. But I only learned that after another 2 hour call. How does an international company not let desk agents assist all customers? And what is the executive team doing to assist the call centre. I have wasted three mornings, one evening, and one night of my trip just trying to change a flight.
RouteHouston to Dublin

"Very positive experience"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan - Los Angeles via Dublin. Very positive experience, fair rate, smooth boarding, good service on board. The preclearance check at Dublin airport for US immigration is quite useful, when you arrive in the US you are considered as a domestic traveller. Just pick up your luggage and go. I really would recommend Aer Lingus.
RouteMilan to Los Angeles via Dublin
Date FlownJune 2022

"there is no important communication"

Trip Verified | First and only time I will ever take this airline. While the staff are friendly, there is no important communication. Both flights were delayed with no explanation. We can’t use online check in for no reason at all. The seats will require you to make expensive chiropractic visits. Our seats didn’t recline. The head rest made my neck not be aligned with my head and shoulders. Plus it was freezing, like shivering, even with a blanket. Our connecting flight did not post the gate it was leaving from, we had to run through the airport, not just jog, but flat out run for a mile even though the flight attendant told us it was a small airport and we’d be fine. Our flight changed at the last minute with no warning at all. Then we sat on the plane after running a marathon, just sitting around, no explanation. Warning seriously. I’ve flown a lot. It’s not worth saving a bit of cash for this.
RoutePhiladelphia to Paris CDG via Dublin
Date FlownJune 2022

"supportive and human attitude"

Trip Verified | Very good flight attendants, cheerful and understanding young passengers (under 3 years old) needs. Very supportive in terms of helping to get to and from aircraft without buggy left at the entrance of airplanes area (as new rules stipulate). Essential team for helping me, a single parent, travelling with a wobbler, a toddler, and back-bags. My words cannot say enough about your supportive and human attitude. A big thank you!
RouteMarseille to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2022

"neither respect or care for customers"

Not Verified | I am sitting at home writing this review. I should have landed in Barcelona 30 minutes ago. I perfectly understand that operational matters can ground aircraft which according to Aer Lingus was the case with EI564 on the 25th June. However the manner with which a cancellation took place showed neither respect or care for customers. Notification of the cancellation arrived on my cellphone 3 hours and 30 minutes from departure. This did not allow me time to make any alternative arrangement. If you are dropping a bag arrive 3.5 hours before departure. Informing me on the way to a chaotic airport in free fall did not allow for this. The lack of joined up thinking is disgraceful. The alternative given to me was a pitiful attempt to retrieve a bad situation Aer Lingus offered this rerouting alternative. Dublin to LHR 1400 on the 26th June. An onward connection on the 27th june LHR to BCN with BA at 6AM. Make your own arrangements in London.
RouteDublin to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2022

"such a small cramped plane"

Trip Verified | Flight EI 127 on 11 June 2022: Ridiculously small aircraft for such a long journey, it was cramped and pokey, unfriendly staff and no bar service offered. Going to the loo was a real joy & we were told not to when the food service trolley was on its way. Flight EI 126 on 20/21 June 2022: same problems except the staff were much better, friendlier & more helpful. Why such a small cramped plane for a transatlantic journey? I regularly travel to Spain on Ryanair on a similar sized aircraft but that's only a 3-3.5 hour journey. Unless Aer Lingus up their game, I certainly will not be using them again for long haul flights.
RouteDublin to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2022

"they are wholly unreliable"

Trip Verified | Aer Lingus have friendly, professional staff on board, the planes are modern. Those are the two positives I can take. But they are wholly unreliable. I could give several examples that highlight this but my trip in May 2022 is ongoing (it's now June 24th): they lost my bag for 48 hours. Eventually it was delivered, but, aside from ruining my limited time in Manhattan the number I was given to call at the airport simply didn't work. No emails were ever received (which they assured me would be sent). My $354 of expenses have never been reimbursed, worse, I have wasted hours sending emails (the form generally says 'something went wrong' after 30 minutes of inputting receipts and bank details) - but even if accepted no-one responds. The telephone for baggage simply goes to a recorded message, I have called a half dozen times no-one has ever called back.
RouteLondon to New York via Dublin
Date FlownMay 2022

"Service was abysmal"

Trip Verified | No sense of urgency at any stage! Plane was delayed however, no apologies or update on departure time. Service was abysmal. Crew more interested in chatting than serving customers. Service did not start until 1 hour after take off, on a 1.5 hour flight that is useless. Not a Ryanair fan in general, but at least the get these things right most of the time!
RouteBrussels to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2022

"gave us only two seats together"

Trip Verified | Our problem began when they cancelled our flight, we spent hours upon hours on the phone trying to get new flights but they transferred us time after time and we were on hold for hours at a time. When they fixed our flights they said they couldn’t give us seats together but to talk to them when we check in and they promised it would be resolved. We were with 2 children (one only 7 and the other 11), and one child with epilepsy. When we checked in they gave us only two seats together and the others scattered across the plane. We explained that we at least needed three sets of 2 seats together since we were traveling with children and a persons with a neurological disorder. Again, they were rude unhelpful and passed it along again and told us to talk to the gate attendant before boarding and they again promised it would be sorted. The third woman was the rudest I’ve ever experienced, she finally told us we could ask the people on the plane. Luckily two people were willing to switch.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDublin to Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2022

"unfriendly and rude service"

Trip Verified | It started already from the time we checked in, they checked in the wrong persons and gave us boarding passes for persons who did not fly with us. My son and my daughter did not travel with us and instead of matching our passports with the reservations they just printed out the boarding passes randomly checking in my son and my daughter instead of myself and my friend. When I realized their error, the luggage was already on its way to the airplane with tags attached matching my son and my daughters' boarding passes. The lady at the desk was not able to change the error and had to call another flight attendant to fix the boarding passes but instead of checking my son/daughter out again they checked us in additionally without matching the luggage tags/tickets to our names/boarding passes. Long story short the luggage was unloaded since my daughter/son did not travel with us. During the flight the flight attendant forgot our row to pass out drinks and when I asked her politely if I was able to get a drink, she was angry and extremely rude telling me to get back to my seat and wait my turn. She then ran after me yelling to give her the seat number which made me lose my desire to get something to drink. However, I had a terrible headache, the flight was 10 hours long and I did need some water which I eventual got. She did apologize blaming her Irish accent for the misunderstanding however I have Irish friends and I know the difference between simply being rude or just having a charming accent. We also never got any blankets on the flight, and I was afraid to ask since I knew it would trigger another rude reply from her. Needless to say, we all will avoid this airline in the future. It started with pure incompetence and ended with an unfriendly and rude service.
RouteFrankfurt to Orlando via Dublin