Aer Lingus

"Uncomfortable seats with very small leg room"

Trip Verified | Flight got canceled, re routed with a long stop over. Luggage got misplaced, I was asked to report later. Uncomfortable seats with very small leg room and I’m not even a tall guy.
RouteDublin to Seattle
Date FlownDecember 2022

"refused to issue a refund"

Trip Verified | They canceled the flight a day before departure, then refused to issue a refund, not once, but twice. Awful airline, avoid at all costs.
RouteBelfast City to Southampton
Date FlownNovember 2022

"cabin crew are just awful"

Not Verified | Having had our fight cancelled from Shannon on the 19th Nov 2022, we flew from Dublin the following day. Aer Lingus were very good about the cancellation and looked after us well though communication was not great following the cancelled flight. The cabin crew served the most awful food I have ever had on a flight. The chicken meal I asked for was only lukewarm and since I didn't want to risk being ill on my holiday I decided not to eat it. Later they served coffee, I asked a cabin crew member for sugar and he completely ignored me, I assumed he didn't hear me and repeated my request, he immediately said I am dealing with something in a rude and aggressive manner, I was so embarrassed, even the people sitting next to me remarked on him. We flew back to Ireland on the 28th October on the 18.55 flight. We got a cereal bar and orange juice for breakfast, my husband asked for coffee following breakfast and was told that the captain said coffee was not to be served due to turbulence! We were certainly not advised about turbulence. We will never fly Aer Lingus again if we can possibly avoid it. Terrible. The cabin crew are just awful, rude and have complete disregard their captive customers!
RouteDublin to Boston
Date FlownNovember 2022

"telling me I would be fully reimbursed"

Not Verified | Atrocious. +6 hour delays. Left stranded in the connecting airport due to the delay, causing us to miss our connecting flight. No customer assistance in getting to our final destination. Had to book my own alternate flight on my own dime. Awful customer service. Still haven't gotten my money back 2 months after the flight, despite all the airline people telling me I would be fully reimbursed while I was stranded. The planes are old with broken infotainment systems.
RouteChicago to Venice via Dublin
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"disgusted with this airline"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disgusted with this airline. The pilot allowed a group of drunk people on board - utterly ridiculous decision. After sitting around for 2-3 hours, the flight was cancelled, at 23.55. No staff available to provide help/support to customers. Alternative flight not offered. Earliest flight I could get was with Ryanair at £644! Lost a day's income. Aer Lingus offered EUR 87! Not nearly enough to compensate for loss of income/cost of flight, cost of taxi.
RouteDublin to London
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Absolutely disgusting airline"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disgusting airline. If I ever had to use them again I would sooner not go on holiday. Food not good. Lack of snacks, only soft drinks included, no wine List goes on. That’s before I start on the delays.
RouteOrlando to Manchester via New York / Dublin
Date FlownNovember 2022

"doesn't give a damn about customers"

Not Verified | London to Dublin with Aer Lingus on July 09, 2022. Arrived in Dublin, no luggage to be found. Baggage area was utter chaos as dozens of people were searching for their luggage. Submitted online baggage claim forms as directed. No airline personnel around to assist anyone. Subsequently made clothing and personal item purchases....nothing extravagant, just enough to get through the week. Via e-mail was directed to screen shot receipts for reimbursement. Seven weeks later, reimbursed for less than half the amount and was informed via e-mail there was a minimum by law. Really? The amount was shameful, not to mention no reimbursement for lost items in luggage. It is now October 22, 2022. No further communication rom Aer Lingus electronically or by phone. I wrote a hand written letter to the airline customer vice president in Jericho, NY a month ago - no response, same to the V.P. in Dublin. No response. This, sadly, was the only overseas trip I have ever taken in my life and it was ruined. Aer Lingus simply doesn't give a damn about customers.
RouteLondon to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2022

"nothing like the old Aer Lingus I loved flying"

Trip Verified | I booked and purchased tickets for an Aer Lingus trip in October 2021. BOS-SNN-LHR June 15 22 Returning from Paris CDG-DUB-BOS on June 28 22. The outward flights were uneventful. usual 30min delay in Boston, poor quality food in coach. I liked the new A321NEO to Shannon much more comfortable than the old 757. However the return was hell. We arrived at the counter at CDG to total chaos after waiting in line for an hour we got to to an agent a contractor (Swissport?) she told us we didn't have a reservation so I gave her our number she then said the BOS flight is cancelled. But I pointed out that the previous customer is on the same flight and they got passes for both flights. She then said our reservations were cancelled by Aer Lingus and we would have to make our own arrangements to get home. I asked for the duty Manager who told me the same thing and suggested I call customer service. I made her call customer service and she got us on a BA to LHR and AA to BOS the next day. But No hotel or meals. I had to find a hotel on my own using a tablet on airport wifi. When we got back I submitted a claim for EU261 Compensation with Aer Lingus on July 1 Ref #8333779. I got an Ack for this the next day and have heard nothing since although I have inquired of status several times by Email. eventually I got thru to someone who said they are still working on the issue and to expect to hear soon - this was on Sept 30-still waiting. I have a Vacation home in Kirush Clare Ireland So i guess I will be using Delta or Icelandair in future. In conclusion you have to be crazy to fly this airline. They are definitely nothing like the old Aer Lingus I loved flying.
AircraftA321NEO
RouteBoston to London via Shannon
Date FlownJune 2022

"pay for drinks on transatlantic flight"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever, my food was disgusting and had to pay for drinks on transatlantic flight. Cabin crew were rude to me. Worst airlines ever
RouteDublin to London Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Terrible airline and service"

Not Verified | I couldn't believe there was only 1 working bathroom with over 150 passengers and also every flight was asked if I would like a beverage I said a coke and after she opened the can she asked for a 2.50 payment. I was under the impression that beverages were complimentary since I paid 1500$ for this flight. Terrible airline and service.
RouteRome to Dublin