Adria Airways

"Had very bad experience"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Had very bad experience with rerouted and cancelled flights last weekend with Adria airways. Original Route was Ljubljana to Sarajevo return. Two weeks before i received an email that the flight was cancelled. Offered route change was Ljubljana to Sarajevo via Munich. Flight back changed to Sarajevo-Pristina-Ljubljana. I accepted. The first flight via Munich was ok. Two hours before the return flight I got the email that the flight was cancelled. I had to rebook via hotline and had to accept a flight with Croatian to Zagreb. I reached Ljubljana 4 h later and had to organize Transport from Zagreb to Ljubljana on my own cost. Do not book flights with Adria airways. I heard that their financial situation is very very bad.
AircraftCR 900
RouteSarajevo to Ljubljana
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"worse than the budget airlines"

Not Verified | Ljubljana to Zürich. Firstly, Ljubljana airport is terrible. Badly trained staff, unfriendly. Toilets are very dirty. Flight 2 hours delayed without any information. There is no Information desk so questions aren‘t possible. Never again will use this airline. Its even worse than the budget airlines and thats difficult.
RouteLjubljana to Zürich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"book another company"

Not Verified | First of all, I am not complaining about a specific flight. I am a Lufthansa frequent Flyer and I normally fly the route Munich - Timisoara. This summer season Lufthansa offered the flights on this route to Adria Airways, as they are a star alliance member. I can only tell that I have the worst experiences with them. In over 90% of the cases they are late, they don't fly on time. Always they offer the same excuse: they have no slot free. This is an unacceptable excuse, as all other companies flying on similar coridors seem not to have this problem. In addition, as LH Cityline was operating these flights I have almost never heard this excuse, or had this problem. I am flying on this route for 6 years already. They started also to cancel some flights. Maybe combine 2 flights into 1 to spare some money, who knows. The cabin crew is decent - not wow, not bad - but there also also situations when the staff are really rude and not customer oriented. I would recommend anyone to fly with this company. If you have the chance, book another company!
AircraftBombardier CRJ
RouteTimisoara to Munich
Date FlownAugust 2019

"combined two flights"

Trip Verified | Worst Airline ever! They combined two flights to save costs. Instead of flying Pristina - Ljubliana - Zürich we now fly Pristina - Ljubliana - München - Zürich. Now we arrive 2.5h later at our destination.
RoutePristina to Zürich via Ljubliana
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the crew was nice"

Trip Verified | Ljubljana to Munich. The homebase airport of Adria Airways is Ljubljana and it very small, relaxing and convenient. It is surrounded by the Alps and the departure was fantastic. The airplane was modern and the crew was nice. Ontime departure. Drinks without alcohol were free and I paid 4€ for my white wine. Considering that I had a cheap ticket I cannot complain. Upgrades would have been available for 30€ - which includes the lounge.
RouteLjubljana to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Very bad experience overall"

Not Verified | Zurich to Ljubljana. Very poor customer service. Flight was cancelled without sending any email confirmation. The flight I was rebooked seemed to be overbooked at the beginning (which was not true)and we had to wait 30 min to have our ticket changed. Very bad experience overall.
RouteZurich to Ljubljana
Date FlownOctober 2018

"bad customer service"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Sofia. The flight was delayed by 2 hours. The cabin crew was annoyed that they had to offer drinks to the passengers and passing by announced they would only give one drink per customer. And coffee was a nuisance and they made it clear, even though it was on their cart. The questions would normally go "would you drink anything?" and not "what would you like to drink?". Very bad customer service.
RouteVienna to Sofia
Date FlownJuly 2018

"overall very poor"

Trip Verified | We were traveling from Paris to Skopje on May 4th, via Ljubljana. Our flight from Ljubljana to Skopje, was canceled 10 days before our departure for no reason, leaving us in the middle of our connection at Ljubljana. Even if the company booked a hotel for us and made sure we could take a flight the next day, it prevented us from enjoying one more day in Macedonia. The company had agreed to reimburse the hostel night we had already paid but more than two months after our claim we still have no reply from the company. I e-mailed the company two times, called them on multiple occasion. The company said I would be reimbursed after 2 months. 2 months later, I still have not received anything. The experience with Adria Airways was overall very poor : - flight canceled for no reason - 2 out of 4 of the flights we took were delayed - terrible customer service, unable to give any answer to our online claim and not reimbursing the hostel night we had already paid
RouteParis to Skopje via Ljubljana
Date FlownMay 2018

"Would not fly again"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | Ljubljana to Munich. Adria's checkin system is obviously barely coping. It wasn't possible to obtain an electronic boarding pass (iphone wallet version) from Adria's site. The option was there but it failed without any further explanation. Further more I was not able to checkin to return flight online - neither through Adria nor Lufthansa web site. In the end I made it via Lufthansa mobile app. Go figure. Both issues were reported to customer care and both were ignored. I experienced the same customer care "policy" couple of years ago when my inquiry with customer support was basically ignored. Flight was actually operated by a Romanian company Carpatair. The cabin was outdated and dirty with a funny smell lingering around. The latter stuck to my clothes for the day - not that great if you are meeting a client. Cabin crew was also quite disorganised and mixed up orders of all passengers sitting around me. Would not fly again. Unfortunately they are the only company offering a direct flight from LJU to MUC.
RouteLjubljana to Munich
Date FlownJune 2018

"very unpleasant experience"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | A very unpleasant experience for my family. We bought two return flights (Ljubljana-Prague-Ljubljana, Ljubljana-Warsaw-Ljubljana), and several days before departure both direct flights from and to Prague were canceled and a flight to Warsaw was merged with Prague flight (so added necessary stopover). Instead of a direct flight to Prague Adria Airways finally offered a transfer via Munich. When we arrived at the airport (21/6/2018), we found that the flight to Munich had more than an hour of delay, and therefore it was not possible to catch the next flight from Munich to Prague. The flight to Munich was full of people from the original canceled flight to Prague, who subsequently wanted to continue to Prague. Although the Adria Airways staff were present at the airport, no one came to inform the passengers and the result was tremendous confusion and lack of information. Ljubljana airport servicing staff finally informed us that Adria Airways staff refused to come! Also wasn't possible to call the Adria Airways hotline. Maybe it had been overloaded due to the number of disgruntled passengers because the next gate was full of people waiting for a delayed flight to Vienna, where there also wasn't anybody from Adria Airways who could provide any information. Unfortunately this flight left without us and we were all forced to ride from the Munich airport to a more than 30 km distant hotel and the next morning at 6am again back. Permanent cancellation of flights and subsequent ignorance of passengers are surely a way to reduce operating costs, but in the long-term this will cause the outflow of passengers to other airports around Slovenia, especially to Graz and to Zagreb.
RouteLjubljana to Prague