Emirates

Customer rating from 1946 reviews

"tickets were relatively cheap"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Prague via Dubai. I could lie down and sleep in economy class because of the low load factor. The aircraft was well-decorated and the legroom was satisfying. nThey have the best inflight entertainment system. The tickets were relatively cheap. The cabin crew were generally friendly. Dubai is not a passenger-friendly airport. It is quite frustrating to travel around. The airport is massive but the train does not run through the entire airport. The cabin crew had not been too eager to serve. They sat in the galley for most of the time. When a passenger needed anything, instead of hitting the bell, they went to the galley and ask for their needs. The toilets were quite dirty. Although it takes 8 hours to fly from Hong Kong to Dubai, they only serve two meals (one hot and one cold). Passengers needed to wait for 6 hours for another meal.
RouteHong Kong to Prague via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"been a terrible disappointment"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Mexico City. I boarded Emirates flight EK255 at Barcelona airport. We were assigned D19 gate, once the boarding started they made us go down a spiral staircase to the exterior, to wait for a bus to arrive after fifteen minutes to a far away location from to board by steps. The unacceptable fact is that once the passengers got off the bus, soaking under the storm, the crew hindered the traffic, stopping the passengers outside the airplane access door to check their documents before allowing entry, despite having credited our access at the boarding gate and when boarding the bus. It is ridiculous that security measures are so poorly coordinated that they need to check the boarding passes three times. After twenty minutes under the rain, I managed to enter the plane. Before occupying my seat seat -7K- right next to the door, a second flight attendant asked me for my boarding pass, preventing me from sitting until I showed it. It was a pleasant experience to arrive in Spain by Aeromexico, while leaving with Emirates has been a terrible disappointment.
RouteBarcelona to Mexico city
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"avoid using their services"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to San Francisco via Dubai. I traveled to San Francisco for important business meetings. After experiencing almost 4 hours of delays I was informed on my arrival (12 Jan. 2020) in SF, Emirates informed me that my baggage had been lost. I was asked to complete a form and was told that the bag would be delivered to my hotel the next day. This was already upsetting because I didn't have clean clothes and would be attending my first meeting the following morning. I was forced to buy a clean set of clothes. After being told that Emirates would be in contact with me, and having heard nothing from the company I decided to call them later that day, only to find out that my baggage would only arrive the next day (14 Jan. 2020). As upsetting as this was, I didn't want to spend more money to rectify their mistake, so I borrowed a set of clothes from my colleague for our meetings the following day. Once again, not hearing anything from Emirates, I called them the morning of the 14th to ensure that everything will be taken care of. However, when I returned to my hotel later the afternoon my bag still was not delivered. Once again, I called Emirates just to hear that there was not anything they could do to resolve my issue, I was simply asked to wait. Now I will have to spend more money fixing their mistake. The lack service, communication and professionalism I received from Emirates has been distasteful. There has been no effort from their side to rectify their mistake, which is appalling for a company who consider themselves a leader in business travel. For this reason, I believe one should rather avoid using their services if you are time-pressed and have important meetings to attend.
RouteJohannesburg to San Francisco via Dubai

Emirates customer review

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Singapore. Five star pricing but two star hospitality. Once the passengers boarded the plane and after the crew members checked everything was all good, the crew were nowhere to be found until the last 90 minutes before arrival, which was the meal service time. The experience during the meal service was unpleasant and chaotic, you can see the crew were rushing. In flight entertainment screen resolution was bad.
RouteBrisbane to Singapore

"Everything very good"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Hong Kong to Mauritius via Dubai. Emirates check-in at HK fast. Very early flight, they don't do the day before check-in anymore. Lounge huge, well-stocked and near the gate. 777 was half empty, lovely service from the crew. Breakfast really small, lunch was huge, very tasty. TV and all tech good, seat and cabin clean. Limo service excellent, really slick. A380 to Mauritius is excellent. Drinks in the bar with a friendly crew. Food is excellent, great drinks choice. More bathrooms. Return to Dubai same, very good. Return to Hk excellent. They have a much higher crew ratio than CX. Everything very good. App worked really well and honestly CX should take notes.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteHong Kong to Mauritius via Dubai

"misleading and frustrating"

Trip Verified | Cairo to Dubai. Has been more than 5 hours now waiting at check in counter to board on the 12:25pm flight. Initially we were advised the flight is cancelled and they are checking for alternatives. We were surprised to know that other passengers with us were secured seats on the next flight and already checked in! Until now we dont have any answer or information on what to do next and Emirates airlines employees refuse to give us any information and some are very rude. In addition, the Emirates application keeps on changing the flight time every 2 hrs from 12:25 to 14:00 to 16:29 to 17:00 which is very misleading and frustrating!
RouteCairo to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"My seat did not recline"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Nairobi via Dubai. My seat did not recline. No help from staff. My 3rd flight with Emirates in a row where there has been a problem. Standards have fallen below requirement. And good luck getting a response from their team afterwards.
RouteSydney to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2019

"irresponsible on the inside"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Had checked in on-line for an 11:50 Dubai to Athens flight on Dec 11th. My taxi arrived at 10:40 due to the unusually heavy rain that day. Run to drop off my luggage. An Emirates employee tried to call for about 5 minutes boarding, without any reply. Then he refused to put me on the flight and said ‘sorry you are 2 minutes late’. Didn’t try to find a solution. Asked me to file a complaint, send back a standardized reply about timings and not referring to any of my questions. Emirates people smile and talk nicely, but when things get serious they really don’t care about their customer, have no empathy, make mistakes and even worse pretend to care. Shiny on the outside, irresponsible on the inside.
RouteDubai to Athens

"Seriously disappointing"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Seriously disappointing. I got extremely bad in-flight service from Dubai to Lisbon. Crew did not seem to know what they are doing, food was very bad, no drinks served in a timely manner.
RouteDubai to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I regret selecting Emirates"

Trip Verified | I regret selecting Emirates over Qatar Airways because I was flying Muscat to Singapore via Dubai and due to a delayed first leg I had to rush to my next flight. While I made it to the gate on time, I was upset because my seat had been given away and I was rebooked on the next flight. This is also not the first overbooking incident that I have heard of. This is unacceptable as the decision for that was taken out of my hands. Having arrived at the boarding gate on time and being told that my seat was given to someone else was upsetting. When I finally got on the plane at 1.05am, there were a lot of issues with seating allocation since some families and couples were separated as well.
RouteMuscat to Singapore via Dubai