Emirates

Customer rating from 2031 reviews

"Don't fly Emirates in Covid times"

Not Verified | The A380 was superb, but on the Boeing 777 this company had sold the middle seats in business class which meant I was less than 6 inches away from the next customer. When I asked why they were risking my life in this way, the reply was that it was not mandatory not to sell the middle seat. What a shocker! Unless someone forces them, they will place you in danger in pursuit of profit. Don't fly Emirates in Covid times.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteLondon to Durban via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Emirates staff were exceptional"

Not Verified | I recently had to cancel a flight due to Covid restrictions in Australia. Emirates staff were exceptional throughout the whole process of booking and cancellation. I'd like to say a big thank you to Emirates and their staff for their professionalism, for continuing to be customer focussed through this awful pandemic and for their prompt service. I'd definitely recommend Emirates!
RoutePerth to Begaluru via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Couldn't fault this flight"

Trip Verified | One of the best flights of my life! Despite the F lounges in DXB remain closed, the whole experience was spectacular. The Game seat is arguably the best.Loved every aspect of it. Lovely to see how the normal services have resumed since the 1st of November. The catering was excellent and the head purser, Archana, along with the fabulous Song Ying and Marisa looked after us really well - well done. Couldn't fault this flight and 14 hours flew by.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteDubai to New York
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Emirates response has been exemplary"

Trip Verified | I have been bought to fly to Dar es Salaam via Dubai but the connection flight was cancelled. Emirates contacted me and was very apologetic – offering a change to the subsequent day. Unfortunately, I had to be in Tanzania on that day and so it is not convenient. Emirates then offered either to keep the ticket open, for me to book again over the next two years or receive a full refund. I opted for the refund and within two days the full amount had been credited back to my credit card. Over the past few months, I have had to cancel a number of flights and have battled with airlines to get refunds. It is often been difficult even to speak to the airlines and on one occasion I have obtained a refund through my credit card company. Emirates response has been exemplary – they were proactive, pleasant and acted immediately and it is one which other airlines should follow if they are going to stand any chance of restoring their fortunes. I have frequently used Emirates in the past and would not hesitate to do so again in the future.
RouteLondon to Dar es Salaam via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2020

"the contact center is useless"

Not Verified | I booked a ticket for my mother from New Delhi to Washington DC for April 2020. The flight got cancelled due to the pandemic and we were told that we could get the full refund. After paying more than $1,200, we received a refund after 90 days of around $560. We have called Emirates multiple times but the contact center is useless.
RouteDelhi to Washington DC via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2020

"we will never never fly Emirates again"

(Italy)

Not Verified | On my return flight from Tokyo to Bologna 13th of March in full Covid alarm, my brother and l arrived at the airport 6 hrs earlier with boarding passes as we had done our check in online. When checkin counter opened we were told that our flight from Dubai to Bologna was cancelled and therefore we could not board the Tokyo Bologna flight. Apart from the fact that there was a flight to Rome and that they did not protect us on that, fully booked (we found out that some passengers flight to Venice was advised a few days earlier to go to the airport and that they would flight to Rome instead as the Venice flight was cancelled as well. We were left at the airport at Midnight, no phone nr to call the next day, no hotel voucher nothing. After this experience we will never never fly Emirates again.
RouteBologna to Tokyo via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Horrible service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | It is the second time emirates cancel my flight 2 days before departure. The 2nd time that I paid a hotel booking as well as train tickets that I wont use. I also paid PCR test as we are required to have one 72h before flying and then they cancel the flight. They even tell us no compensation because its not their fault. Horrible service.
RouteCebu to Paris via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"still wound up an extra $300 out of pocket"

Not Verified | I will never book with Emirates again. We booked flights to leave Chicago on 17th, connect in Dubai on the 18th, and arrive Dushanbe on 19th. They changed the initial flight to leave Chicago on 18th and land in Dubai on 19th, but they didn't change our connecting flight which still left Dubai on the 18th, one day after arrival in Dubai. We caught this mistake of theirs by accident, there was no word from them whatsoever. When we tried to resolve it they said they couldn't do anything about it, basically we were stuck and they're "sorry", that was it. My husband was able to find a flight that would fix it and called them back, they still said they couldn't fix it until he said he was on their website looking at a flight that could. Finally they fixed it, but we still wound up paying an extra $300 out of pocket for their mistake.
RouteChicago to Dushanbe via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"greatly appreciate his contribution"

Not Verified | I rang Emirates Customer Service yesterday to ask them for some flexibility on the return leg of a flight from Brisbane. My mother has been in Australia since January and was due to return in a couple of weeks. Whilst some things regarding Covid 19 are returning to a new normality - my mother is in her 90s and as such is in a particularly vulnerable group. The customer service representative was amazingly understanding and sympathetic. He changed things to enable an open return (with no penalty) and completely understood the need for her only to return when things return to a much more normal situation. I had expected to have to argue my case but the agent was so understanding. He went way beyond what I expected and couldn’t have been more helpful. A credit to his company who I hope greatly appreciate his contribution.
RouteBrisbane to London via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"they told me no repatriation flight"

Trip Verified | I booked my first ticket on June 9 to travel by July 1, they cancelled it, I called them to ask of the next flight they told me it's for July 15 and its confirmed meanwhile I am already pregnant and never planned to have my baby here in the UAE, my visa is also cancelled so I could go back home, again they cancelled the flight on the 7th July, I called to ask when is the next repatriation flight they told me no repatriation flight except until August 3. I visit them yesterday 9th July and to my surprise, I heard that there was a repatriation flight that left a day before which was on the 8th July and also another one is scheduled for 14th July meanwhile I called and kept calling and even use their chat platform just to let me know if there is any repatriation flight to Nigeria, but seems all the customer care I spoke with were poorly informed, how can you as a customer care or telephone operator or ticketing officer and you don't know there is a repatriation flight just to inform your clients. The biggest shock of my life was the lady at the ticketing office on 8th July around 2 pm -5 pm she shouldn't be working as a customer service personnel at all, she is badly mannered, she does not display any form of empathy all, I explained my situation to this lady and what she said was "all flights for July has been cancelled and it's not only you". My point is if you cancelled my flight and I already told them my situation why cant they just inform me that theren is a repatriation flight they just displayed a nonchalant attitude, meanwhile i have been following up with their flight for more than a month and several repatriation flight left and still non of them informed their customers about this, they are only happy to cancel your flight taking advantage of the situation without even informing of the next and available options for their customers. Till now I have not been able to get any ticket and I have to leave Dubai this month July, 2020 unfailingly and I heard there is a repatriation flight for 14th July still they have not been able to put me on this flight despite my condition.
RouteDubai to Lagos