Emirates

"should be considered among the worst"

Trip Verified | Ground Staff and Service Failures on Flight EK 354. My carefully planned return trip from UK, with EMIRATES turned into a nightmare due to issues caused by their Dubai ground staff. Upon checking in Manchester, I was issued a boarding pass for the MAN-DXB and DXB-SIN legs of my journey, with seats allocated according to my pre booking. However, upon reaching Dubai and during check-in, the counter staff took my boarding pass and issued a new one. Initially, I presumed new boarding pass was due to a soiled document and did not notice the seat change as there is no change in flight. To my disappointment, the new seat I was assigned turned out to be directly in front of the toilet onboard. I also sought assistance from cabin crew and online chat services before take-off, but unfortunately, no one helped me. I had specifically opted for an Economy Flex Plus ticket, solely to secure a seat reservation that would allow for a more comfortable journey. The proximity to the restroom doors, with their associated noise, significantly hindered my ability to rest or enjoy the flight services as intended. Furthermore, crew members accessing the overhead luggage bins above my seat at regular intervals further disrupted any chance of relaxation. Additionally, during the meal service, crew members did not lock the lavatory door, causing passengers to enter and exit while I was eating. This forced me to stop my meal. At the end of the journey, the crew sarcastically asked me about my flight experience, despite being well aware of the difficulties I had faced. Emirates' service in 2024 should be considered among the worst. Until today I have not received any reply on my compliant placed with Emirates and their customer service reminded me that it requires 60 days to send a reply. I must tell that compare to past, Emirates service quality are highly deteriorated and no one care of it there.
RouteManchester to Singapore via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2024

“services are very great”

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | The staff are friendly and the seat is comfortable. The air ticket is cheap. There's TV and wifi, there are also a gift for kids too. The services are very great. There are many delicious foods to eat too.
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2023

"they are not taking responsibility"

Not Verified | I had a flight in April from Mumbai to Dubai to London. Due to the rains / flood in Dubai flights were getting canceled but Emirates never bothered to inform the passengers. I had to spend 6k (back and forth) on Uber coming from Pune to Mumbai to catch the flight. After I got to the gate they told me the flight was canceled. I was so furious. I asked them why I never got any text or email update and they blamed it on the passengers. So I asked her to verify my phone number. When I got to the airport I checked on the app about the flight details and till that time it showed on time. They never even bothered to change that. Now that I am asking for my refund they are not taking responsibility and returning my money.
RouteMumbai to London via Dubai
Date FlownMay 2024

"worth paying to avoid economy"

Trip Verified | It was my first time flying premium economy on Emirates, and I'd happily do it again. The seats were wide, with plenty of legroom, and the food was quite good. Service was also fine. Shame they serve Prosecco and there is very limited choice on wines, but let's skip right past that. Obviously, I'd much rather fly business or first on Emirates, but this was better than the old business class on BA and worth paying to avoid economy.
RouteLondon to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2024

"a very poor performance"

Trip Verified | The services on the mentioned sector was pathetic. Dirty Toilets, tissue all around the floor. The meal asked for at the time of booking and paying at least 25% more than other airlines, was not provided. A simple service for lukewarm water was not provided. In flight movies were nothing new or trendy. Overall a very poor performance.
RouteDubai to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2024

"It was a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | I have always been flying in Emirates because of their good services but this time we had a very bad experience! The cabin crews were terrible to say the least especially from Dhaka to Dubai. We asked for a Bassinet for the baby a few times but didn't get one. The baby fell asleep and I was holding for about half an hour watering a bassinet still did not get one then I had to speak to one of the cabin crews with a firm tone to get one! They didn't even offer lunch to one of my daughters. When asked, the lady said oh do you want lunch? What do you mean? She is 11 years old and needs food to eat on board, doesn't she? They also didn't give us any baby food either. My boy was hungry and crying. The lady next to me with infants had to share one of her babies food with my boy. When I fed that food to my son, one cabin crew came with some baby food which we didn't ask for saying we ran out of what you asked for. Just terrible! We also noticed in general the cabin crews were unprofessional, careless and ignoring the passengers' requests. It was a terrible experience this time. Hope Emirates read these reviews and take serious actions to improve their services.
RouteDhaka to Birmingham via Dubai

"incompetence and negligence"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | I am writing this review to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the service provided by various departments, particularly customer support, following the cancellation of my flight from Vienna to Male last April due to the recent floods in Dubai. While I understand the circumstances surrounding the flight cancellation, the issue lies with the abysmal customer support I have encountered since then. Upon requesting a certificate for insurance purposes, I was informed that I would need to wait 30 days for processing, which I accepted as part of the procedures. However, upon receiving the certificate after the specified period, it was found to be incorrect for both myself and my travel companion. Subsequent attempts to rectify this error have been met with further delays and inefficiencies. Despite being advised to fill out another form for follow-up, it has now been two months since my initial request, and I am still awaiting the correct certificates. The lack of assistance and communication from customer support has been appalling, with promises to escalate the issue to the relevant department unfulfilled and no resolution in sight. As a loyal customer of Emirates, I am deeply dismayed by the subpar level of customer support and service provided in this instance. The unresolved issue with the certificates has also led to a delay in processing my insurance claim, further exacerbating the situation. It is truly disheartening to experience such incompetence and negligence. The disparity between the exceptional flight services and the inadequate customer support is not only disappointing but also unacceptable.
RouteVienna to Male via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2024

"I'd again chose EK economy"

Not Verified | Having flown almost exclusely in business class for work travel paid for by my employer, the thought of 19+ hours in economy class from Delhi to Washington via Dubai filled me with dread. I was pleasantly surprised, however, by EK's economy product. While it is still economy and you can never 'go flat', I found Emirates' economy to be way better than United or Air Canada economy and, overall, offers solid hard and soft products. The seat is a decent size and has good legroom, again, compared to North American carriers. Catering was good with two full meals and a pizza or sandwich snack in between. Meal portions were good with plenty of variety. I was impressed by the 'engineering' of the economy meal tray with every conceivable space used to offer something. Every time I rang the call button, it was answered pleasantly. Washrooms were kept quite clean throughout both sectors. The ICE entertainment system offers tons of options. If paying out of my own pocket, I'd again chose EK economy.
Aircraft777-300ER / A380-800
RouteDelhi to Washington via Dubai
Date FlownJune 2024

"Overall a good experience"

Not Verified | Boarding started on time, the staff were friendly and hospitable despite some challenging behavior from some of the travelers. The cabin was clean and well kept. The food was served on time and was appetizing. The IFE worked well and their library of content was well curated. Overall a good experience.
RouteToronto to Dubai
Date FlownMay 2024

"are much better options to fly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Emirates provides an option to purchase extra kilograms of luggage before the flight. However, the link they provide does not lead to any option that allows for pre-purchasing luggage. Instead, the link leads to options for seat or class upgrades, food selection, or flight charges. In other words, Emirates takes extra effort to hide the option to buy extra kilograms prior to check-in. Today, I faced an extra charge of £380 because I was not given the option to purchase extra kilograms in advance. I tried searching but could not find the actual link to buy extra luggage. There are much better options to fly. Will not use your bad service next time.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Dubai