Emirates

Customer rating from 2061 reviews

"do not have a transit visa at Barcelona"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | I have been a skywards member with Emirates since 2012. But recently, when I took my pregnant wife to board the Emirates flight from Mexico City to Dubai with a stopover at Barcelona, they inform me that I cannot travel since I do not have a transit visa at Barcelona and it is mandatory to disembark at Barcelona. This was not the case earlier. Emirates Mexico team was sitting on this information for 2 months and have never updated to a passenger. They have my email id, contact number and still they don't bring up this requirement. My wife was travelling to India for delivery and everything was planned. Lack of information sharing by Emirates has brought so much of discomfort to me and my wife. Really bad from emirates.
RouteMexico to Barcelona via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"did not make a full refund"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Emirates canceled tickets and did not propose anything on how to fly and did not make a full refund! If you use Emirates, you can stay without a ticket and without money. I had two tickets for this flight on 13 July. On 4 July, I was informed that Emirates had canceled the flight. I contacted Emirates customer services and asked about any alternative flight, and they answered that they could not do it. They proposed later flights on 16 July, but it was impossible for us because we had visas valid until 14 July. I told him about it. So, they suggested requesting a refund, I did it, but they refunded a small percentage of ticket costs. I had two two-way tickets that cost 800 USD each. They refunded 188 USD for one and 250 USD for another for one-way tickets. Then I knew that Emirates for such a canceled flight suggested Turkish airlines, but the customer service did not suggest this option for me. I am very disappointed that Emirates canceled the flight and did not suggest how to fly from departure to the final destination. Besides, they refunded not the full amount of one-way ticket costs. I wrote feedback-complaint several times to Emirates, and they answered that the flights had been canceled according to the OAE government and could not help me.
RouteCape Town to Kyiv via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2021

"25 hours sitting in the airport"

Trip Verified | First and hugest disappointment and shock happened when I opened application to add some information and found out that my family's return tickets were changed 10 days ago without notifying any of my family members by email, or text, or call. We got according to new tickets, that we had to stay in Dubai almost 3 days for connecting flight!!!! And I discovered it by chance! When I called to agent to fix this problem, she told me that I have to pay $1,000 extra because they do not have same class tickets, while it was not my choice to change travel dates. I had to go in person to ticketing agent to solve the problem with return tickets dates to be able to come back to work in time after vocation. The ticketing agent said, that to be able to return on that date I will have to stay in Dubai 25 hours while on initial reservation it was 17 hours. I asked about a complimentary hotel and she tried but failed to book it in the system , and offered to do it later. On my way back to the USA in Dubai Emirates desk refused to give us free hotel and we had to spend 25 hours sitting in the airport.
RouteHouston to Bishkek via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2021

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | The worst airline that I've ever used on every aspect. On my inbound trip from DFW to Beirut, they cancel my trip from Dubai to Beirut and booked me on a different trip with very long connection time. The refused to give me a hotel even though, they changed my flight. They keep many seats open and they don't allow anyone to use them but on the other hand, passengers are packed in some section of the plane. It is great way to spread COVID 19!. I will never use this airline again.
RouteBeirut to Dallas Ft Worth via Dubai

"Super disappointed"

(Kenya)

Not Verified | Was travelling to Nairobi after undergoing treatment, at Indira Gandhi International Airport we get to the check-in and the people there are so rude. They shout at you to do this and do that. The customer service from Emirates in that Airport is terrible to say the least. Anyway we get there and the guy checking us in tells us our booking is unavailable, that we need to leave the line - no explanation no nothing! We came to learn later that UAE had a new fly rule regarding long layovers for passengers from India. Now I don't know if they knew that but an apology would have been considerate regardless. We did pay over $1500 dollars for that ticket after all. Mind you we even had the e-ticket from Emirates with the confirmation and everything. Honestly I get much better customer service riding an Uber at 1/hundredth of the cost. Super disappointed.
RouteDelhi to Nairobi via Dubai

"a very bad experience"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | A big scam! For a family of five with a little child with us, spending nine hours at the airport was really a very bad experience. I booked my flight in April and I chose a three-hour connection for the august 13 trip from Tunisia to Bahrain. The eve of the flight, I found out that the flight has changed and the connection had been extended from three to nine hours. I spend more than one hour running with my kids and suitcases from one connection desk to another trying to get a lounge to spend the night but in vain. No one at the airport knew what they were doing. I finally went to the only hotel in the airport and to my surprise, we had to pay more than 3000UAE dirhams to stay overnight! Did I ask for my trip to be suddenly changed? Did I ask for my connection to be extended? Did the company notify me and provide me with a hotel room to spend the night with my kids? Who did you fly in the 2 am flight that we initially booked and paid for?
RouteTunisia to Bahrain via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2021

"such bad attitude and service"

Not Verified | We booked as a family our annual leave to our home country on 1st July, and they provided A380 where it was fully booked the boarding process took them long time leaving passengers in the middle of nowhere even families with small kids like our family we were suffering without any help from anyone of the airline. During airport procedures I was injured with a small finger cut so once we are in the air after switching off seat belts sign I pinched the attendant button, and for 40 min no one came, to the limit I went to attendants place to request band aid. I have a boy and a girl where one got served with kids food and the other not for 30 min till I stood up again and requested for the food, and the answer I was provided that “sorry the oven is broke”. I had to take the same airline traveling back to Dubai for some work and I hoped to have a different experience, once I approached the check in counter I was informed that the flight is delayed with 105 min, and the flight took off Delayed more with 150 min. I wrote to customer service to compensate such loss who took them 2 days to reply my complain explaining how they are aiming for best customer service and trying to be number 1 and by the end they told me nothing and no compensation. I still have 2 flights already booked with them and really this will be the last time I will think flying with such bad attitude and service.
RouteDubai to Cairo
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I had a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | I've been flying Qatar airways all the times and this is the first time I use Emirates. I had a horrible experience. The food is really bad and the service is terrible. The staff are not helpful at all. Many seats are empty but they don't allow anyone to use them. They kept them empty the entire flight which was 16 hours. I will never use Emirates again.
RouteBeirut to Dallas via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2021

"my last trip by Emirates"

Not Verified | We had 3 hours delay in Los Angeles and when we arrived in Dubai our next flight were gone so we had to have 14 hours transit time in Dubai, but because we are green card holders the air line didn't send us to any hotel out side the airport and even they didn't send us to any hotel in the airport which was really unacceptable! Although they even didn't have any regret for such happening. That was my last trip by Emirates.
RouteLos Angeles to Tehran via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2021

"approved child seat was not allowed"

Trip Verified | Cabin crew were amazing, the flight from ORD to Dubai was great, the airplane was spotless, food was average, or below average but the economy seats and entertainment were above average. The flight from Dubai to Cairo was almost at equal standing, bathrooms were dirty most of the time though, the main problem that will prohibit me from recommending this airline to anyone is the experiences that I had with their ground crews in Chicago and in Dubai. Counter check-in and package drop off process overall with Emirates were the least efficient out there between the other lines that were checking in at the same time, needless to say that I spent almost 45-60 mins to finalize this step while the whole infamous TSA passport control process took less than 15 mins from start to finish on that busy day. When I finally made it to the check-in counter and I presented my Emirates compliant (not country-specific, Emirates ask for more than that) PCR test, they questioned whether or not I meet the time requirement simply because they compared the sample collection date and time in (CST) with the final destination departure time which was in Dubai local time without accounting for the time difference, after explaining that she took the test and disappeared for 10 mins before returning with the stamp of approval. Right after that she printed our 3 boarding passes for the trip to Dubai and beyond and asked to place our two carry-ons and two backpacks containing our personal items (our laptops, tablets, snacks, medicine, toys, and a change of cloth for our 4-year-old toddler) she stated that they will all be treated as carry-ons and that we were only allowed to bring two of them on board, and that if we don’t we will need to pay $200.00 in extra fees, or we can take our backpacks and check-in our carry-ons, she explained that this carry-ons restriction were a company policy imposed due to Covid, what does Covid has to do with the carry-ons and personal items allowance policy? I never had this experience ever with any other airline including my previous flights thru Emirates & Etihad, no one ever considered my laptop carrying bag as a carryon it was always listed as a personal item which I was allowed to bring on board to stow underneath my seat, I was in a state of shock and I told her that those carry-ons contained items with rechargeable batteries but that didn’t seem to sway her mind, I was in no position to argue at that point and took as much as I could from those rechargeable items form those carry-ons stuffing it into our backpacks just to follow my own safety protocols, on flight I saw many passengers boarding the airplane with their carry-ons and backpacks, and I highly doubt that they paid the $200 they wanted us to pay at the counter! Finally, the point where I completely snapped asking to see the supervisor on-site is when she-alongside another colleague of hers stated that my toddler' aviation approved child seat was not allowed inside the cabin and then they tried to charge me for an extra fourth seat claiming that to bring this on-board I’ll have to pay for an extra seat! I was like my child is 4 years old, we paid for his seat ticket of which we will place this child's seat! nothing changed their mind until the supervisor came, and I told her that we have three tickets for all 3 passengers, and she agreed with our point of view. Filed a complaint with their customer service to get a generic response.
RouteChicago to Cairo via Dubai