Emirates

Customer rating from 1913 reviews

"approach to ignoring the delay"

Trip Verified | Dubai to London. Emirates has to follow international standards. We were delayed for 45 minutes. Not a single explanation or word of apology was given by the captain. This is unacceptable. We arrived in London 22 minutes late and not a word of comment. Just "It's a nice sunny morning in London." This approach to ignoring the delay is absurd. Do they think if they say nothing, the problem doesn't exist. Emirates has to learn how to be punctual or learn how to apologise for delays.
RouteDubai to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Please avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | EK 318 from Dubai to Tokyo, Narita on 21st Nov 2019. This flight seemed to have issues right from the start. The Boarding gate where we were to board had several leaks so we had to try and huddle in the dry sections. There was not enough seating. Boarding was chaotic at best and anyone willing to lie about their Emirates membership got in first. The lady at the door was unable to cope. The cabin was dirty, the crew seemed to not know each other, 2 rows at the back in Economy were kept empty for the use of crew (at the cost of paying passengers and despite having a section for crew to rest and sleep) which despite my request they refused to relinquish. Rest of the passengers had to make do without the 6 extra seats. Apparently this is a regular reservation for the crew on this flight. I paid 350 Dirhams for a horrible seat with legroom only for my right leg. Photo attached. Crew shouted to each other about running out of meals, one crew member scolded the other members and paid very little attention to the general public. There was one apparently senior staff who did a royal walk through the cabin and only spoke to 3 or 4 people whom she chose, I am guessing at random. Lastly they took away blankets an hour before landing and then piled them into bags. So again customer was last. It was cold and we were still an hour away. All in all I would not recommend Emirates to anyone. Please avoid this airline until they improve and take their customers seriously. I have traveled by Emirates Business class in the past and the service was excellent.
RouteDubai to Tokyo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"said my luggage was too heavy"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Birmingham to Hong Kong via Dubai. Their response to comments/complains is very very slow, takes them days to reply the issue. It is not my first time flying with Emirates, I was very pleased and liked it, I recommended it to my families and friends but this time was so disappointed. There are 2 weights at the gate. The staff asked me to put my luggage on the weight. They said my luggage was too heavy, they fined me. Of course, it was reasonable to be fined if someone's luggage is over weight, and even though my luggage was over weight, they talked to me in a very rude way. They weight passengers selectively, I saw some people carried more and bigger bags than me, they didn't ask them to weigh their luggage.
RouteBirmingham to Hong Kong via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"No staff is helping me"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Stockholm. I bought wine in the duty free airport and then I check in these items as hand carry, the staff don't allow me to use the trolley and also don't put the fragile for the check in item. I had to bring 15 kg stuff all the way to the bus and the plane. They refuse to put fragile for the check in and said if got any problem we are responsible. No staff is helping me to carry my things to plane. This is my first time to take this airline and also my last time.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDubai to Stockholm
Date FlownDecember 2019

"toilets in a dreadful condition"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai. Filthy toilets. How can the cabin crew chit chat in the galley with the curtains closed while the toilets at the back of the plane are in a dreadful condition. Really dirty and unusable. The lazy attitude of the staff in relation to maintaining the cleanliness of the washrooms also appears in their attitude to being called for service. I had to really struggle to get a simple cup of tea from them. It seems like they don't realize they are there to work and provide a service for passengers.
RouteLondon to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2019

"one of the worse airlines"

Not Verified | Singapore to Madrid via Dubai. This is our first flying with a Emirates and I would say this is one of the worse airlines I have been. Traveling as a family of four with two you g children; we were told That we will be seated together. To our dismay our seats were separated. We were seated at the window and aisle with a stranger in between. When we raised our concerns, the staff just gave us a shrug and said that we could speak to the person and asked if they would like to change exchange their seats so at least both my kids could be seated with me. Every other airlines would be more than happy to help us in rearranging the seating arrangements and will be the ones doing the asking. However, Emirates staff were just too busy gossiping in the galley to care much about the comfort of their passengers.
RouteSingapore to Madrid via Dubai

"was sorely disappointed"

Not Verified | Very disappointed with this airline. The service is very poor and some cabin crew can appear disinterested. I previously used Ethiopian Airlines which has excellent service levels and was expecting similar service and better from Emirates and was sorely disappointed. The fleet used in intra-Africa flights (between Lusaka and Dubai in my case) have tiny seats and I was squashed and worried for my safety as I was in a row of three with a very large guy in the middle and I couldn't rest comfortably and was worried about getting injured. I'm used to old fleets used for intra-africa flights but Emirate seats are the smallest I've experienced. It was the worst flight ever. The cabin crew can miss rows when serving meals or drinks and it's just an annoying service. Although my flight from Dubai to London was on a new fleet with comfortable chairs what didn't change was cabin crew service which was still poor. The food is also average. I expected so much and had high hopes and was very disappointed. All style with no substance. Ethiopian Airways is better service but just shame that transit times at Bola international are so long and you can't always check-in online!
RouteLusaka to Dubai via London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"2x3x2 seating in business class"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Dubai to Stockholm. Excellent check in at DXB, separated from Economy class passengers. Business lounge in DXB has really poor offers for breakfast. Disappointed. Boarding not great. Business class passengers have to give priority to economy class. Strongly recommend Emirates to change policy. I felt the seat is narrow (2x3x2 seating in business class). No such experiences with CX, SQ, LH, BA or SK. Extensive film and CD selection, but the info and guidance (for choosing films) in the paper Magazine were irrelevant. Hence, ended up listening to Beatles and Led Zeppelin. Strongly recommend Emirates to present the films in a better way. For lunch there was a selection and obviously made I the wrong choice. Cannot blame Emirates but other passengers are recommended to make safer bets.
RouteDubai to Stockholm

"the service is lacking"

Trip Verified | Glasgow to Dubai. My husband and I use Emirates twice a year to fly to Dubai because it’s direct with good times and have done for many years. Sadly we have found that the last few trips the service is lacking. Yes you are greeted on arrival but that is as far as the service goes. From getting a hot towel and nuts before take off to getting a menu and scowl. On this return trip after the meal was served the drinks trolley was coming up the aisle, then the stewardess stopped three rows ahead of us and wheeled past and never returned. I do feel that rather than standing gossiping with each other in the galley the stewards/stewardesses should be going round their section making sure their passengers are ok and not waiting to be summoned. The food is really not as good now either. Always curry, which is fine now and again but not all the time. The coffee is weak and horrible too. Lots of corners being cut but prices going up. Also the rewards scheme is a joke as we will never have enough to save to make proper use of them. As I mentioned the only reason we like using this airline is the good flight times and they are direct but we are considering flying with BA in future.
RouteGlasgow to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"staff really negative attitude"

Trip Verified | I regret my last trip Kolkata to Dubai. The staff did not even greet. They carried a really bad attitude & a zero customer service. The food was left over as I dint like it. The quality of food is not good as before & the staff really negative attitude. I really need to think again before I book with Emirates for my next trip.
RouteKolkata to Dubai