Emirates

"highly recommend this flight"

Trip Verified | Wonderful service while flying on Emirates. Clean planes, good food, and, wonderful crew. My flight from Dubai to London on the A380 was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this flight.
RouteDhaka to London via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I got an excellent meal"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Emirates not to blame, but Munich Airport (Terminal 1) was a shame: dirty, unorganised, very few options for food etc. In short not what to expect in Germany. Check in a bit tacky (but friendly) regarding visa and check-in system not running, but after 20 mins I finally got my boarding pass. On both flights I got an excellent meal with appetiser, main, cheese and desert on a tray and it was no problem to get some wine with it. A generous perk as Silver EK-member is I was permitted into the Emirates Business Lounge in Dubai, which is an excellent place for a shower, some really good food.
RouteMunich to Bangalore via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2022

"behavior in check-in was very rude"

Trip Verified | I use different airlines very frequently, and Emirate is one the worst. It canceled my original flight and change to new one with more than 8 hours gap, and they didn't suggest any facility. Also, the reason for canceling the first flight is unclear, because the first flight was working and no need to change my flight. Their behavior in check-in was very rude. They weight everything even a tiny kid backpack and charged very expensively for even 1 kilo overweight. Finally, I never use this unreliable airline.
RouteDubai to Tehran
Date FlownAugust 2022

"!I had a horrendous experience"

Trip Verified | We traveled from Cochin to Dubai on 31st July via Business class. I had a horrendous experience with the flight attendants. The supervisor and the assistant had completely forgotten all the etiquette and the hospitality they are supposed to extend. I feel Emirates must give refresher courses to the staff and continuous evaluation should be taken to maintain the standard. When I expressed my displeasure they were asking me what should I serve to make me happy and I told them we don't choose Emirates for food. I'm thoroughly disappointed with their attitude and behavior.
RouteCochin to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2022

"cause me to look at alternate airlines"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | I am a Gold member of Skywards. During a flight departing from Toronto to Dubai the flight crew allowed the children sitting behind me to use my seat as a climbing frame. With no regard for myself or the other passengers within the row nothing was addressed. Eating the served meal was impossible as was any attempt at drinking any fluids. This was drawn to the attention of both the parents and the flight staff all to no avail. If the children were not climbing then they were kicking the back of my seat. The children would seldom sit even during turbulence and during take-off and landing. After so many years of traveling with Emirates this whole encounter will cause me to look at alternate airlines.
RouteToronto to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2022

"one of the few airlines offering a truly distinctive premium service"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | I have flown Emirates extensively in the Lisbon-Dubai route and I find their product rather consistent. This last time check-in took a bit too much than I would expect for Business, but security fast-track works well and is convenient. In Lisbon Emirates uses the TAP lounge which is a bummer as other than being very crowded at all times, it is located before passport control (Schengen area) which forces people to leave much earlier than boarding start. If flying Business in the Boeing 777-300 do choose the front mini-cabin (first 2 rows before the door) as all the 300+ Economy passengers board through the door before the aft cabin leading to an annoying 1h boarding process with people passing by. Food and crew are usually great and very helpful and friendly. At Dubai very easy process to go through priority passport control and to reach the complimentary limo service, all very efficient. I have found some drivers to be quite rude and/or driving dangerously - Emirates should improve their standards for this personnel. All in all, Emirates is one of the few airlines offering a truly distinctive premium service, from the moment you leave home until you set your feet at your destination hotel. I will continue flying with them.
RouteLisbon to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I will never fly with Emirates again"

Trip Verified | My brother in Kenya died suddenly in a construction accident so I had to get a flight home quickly as funerals happen quickly in Kenya. We found a suitable flight with Emirates although it was about triple what I normally pay for a planned flight home. At Birmingham the checkin staff were not very helpful and then the flight to Amsterdam was delayed but I was told not to worry, I would still get my onwards flight from Schipol to Nairobi. However, when I arrived at Amsterdam my flight had departed. I was offered a flight 24 hours later but turned it down as I would miss my brother’s funeral and I would be devastated. I was offered and accepted an alternative flight via Entebbe, Uganda, which I accepted. However, when I arrived at Entebbe I was refused boarding on the flight to Nairobi - Emirates had messed up. I had no money for an alternative flight and no roaming on my phone so I Whattsapp’d my husband in UK and he phoned up Emirates Dubai office at great expense and after half an hour convinced the call handler to book me onto a later flight to Nairobi. I missed my brother’s funeral and I will never forgive Emirates for their incompetence and lack of care. I’ve complained to Emirates and they denied all responsibility blaming factors outside of their control but I don’t believe them. They have offered me some free Air Miles but I will never fly with Emirates again!
RouteDubai to Nairobi via Entebbe
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Service offered by the airline was below standard"

Trip Verified | Service is below sub standard. I travelled with my 2 daughters of 2 and 7 years. I bought my seat at the time of booking and the system wouldn’t let me to do the same for my daughters. At the time of online check in, I found out that my daughters were seated 7 rows ahead of me on their own which shocked me. Furthermore, I raised my concerns to the officer at the check-in desk. Her seat allocation was more terrible than the system. She allocated me in the middle seat, 2 year at the aisle and 7 year aisle right across making her to sit with a stranger. I was frightened to hear that bad news and had to escalate the issue to the supervisor. Finally, after 20-25 minutes of waiting, supervisor made me (compulsion) to sit with my daughters 7 seats ahead of my paid chosen seat. At least, it was a big relief for me before boarding. Money paid for my chosen seat was gone into Emirates account and no refund was made until now. More paper work following to claim it and a waste of time, so let Emirates enjoy that undeserved money. Service offered by the airline was below standard when compared to the rest of Middle Eastern Carriers and other standard carriers. Families travelling with kids were of least to no concern by the crew. However, I have to admit that Emirates managed to arrive the destination on time. On the return leg, my luggage is not delivered yet or lost on the way. Another issue to deal with Emirates now. Service had gone from standard to pathetic. I need to think million one times to make another booking with Emirates. Families travelling with kids are not recommended to choose this airline. More dissatisfaction occurred when reporting the above mentioned incidents to the customer support. Hardly any apologies to little reassurance from them too. Overall my travel experience with Emirates was pathetic.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER, A380-800
RouteKochi to London via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2022

"lack of service and care for customers is disgraceful"

Trip Verified | Checked in at Bergen for flight Oslo with SAS connecting to Dubai with Emirates. Arrived early. Waited at gate in Oslo before flight started to board and was 2nd in line. Bags were checked all the way through to Dubai, where we would then have a rest and get a flight to Melbourne the following day. Attempted to board and told our tickets had been cancelled - by us! Somehow in the air from Bergen, we decided to cancel our own tickets and delay seeing our 4 children and give up a weekend in Dubai - seems unlikely. Argued the point but no interest in listening to us and the flight left without us. We were not told where to go, who to contact, how to get any help and we had to wait for hours for our luggage to be returned to us after it was taken off the plane. We spent two days stranded in Oslo airport with no help from Emirates at all. Our travel agent confirmed that it was in fact Emirates that cancelled our tickets - for being a “no show” which is 100% wrong and we can prove this. We spent money on hotel, footed and lost money in Dubai from prebooked accommodation. Emirates would not give us anything in compensation. Flight home was empty / half full. No offer of upgrade or anything at all from customer service (or lack of customer service!). After a terrible flight home, straight through to Melbourne we were now a day late due to the airline. We lost a days work and had to re-schedule deliveries at additional cost to our business. After several attempts to write, email and call emirates customer service on return to Melbourne, we have had zero response! The lack of service and care for customers is disgraceful. I was prepandemic a frequent international flyer and in 20 years I have never seen such a poor display. I will never fly this airline again. Emirates is an appalling company that cares nothing for the customer experience. They do not care for Australian passengers - it’s all about looking after their own profits. Fly at your own risk as they will cost you money and care less. Oh - actually they did offer us a special treat from business class, how could I forget they asked if we wanted a cappuccino from a machine. I don’t drink coffee.
RouteBergen to Dubai via Oslo
Date FlownMay 2022

"the most unpleasant business class"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | This is the most unpleasant business class travel experience I have ever had. My check-in luggage is missing, despite I confirmed with the check-in counter in Dubrovnik multiple times that my luggage will be delivered automatically to Japan without any manual transfer procedure required in Dubai. The WIFI (cost 19.9 usd) I bought onboard doesn't work most of the time. When I went to the toilet shortly before landing, the attendant reluctantly open the door for me. But he kept pushing by saying "do it really quick" and even knocked the door irritatedly. He didn't apologise even after I asked him to use proper English and better manner. The company changed the aircraft without notice. I book the aisle seat but it ended up as a window seat. (Another attendant helped me change the seat. That is the only positive experience onboard.)
RouteDubrovnik to Tokyo Narita via Dubai