El Al Israel Airlines

"an absolute nightmare"

Not Verified | Got to airport 3.5 hours early. Car rental shuttle took 30-45 min, stood in line in line for 2.5 hours while one person very leisurely checks in 40+ people. Finally get to baggage check with 30-45 minutes until flight. The woman yelled at us for showing up late (why didn't you show up 4 hours before?!) and tells us the flight has rejected us (even though boarding was still happening) and that we need to go reschedule. Get yelled at again by another woman who says the next flight isn't until tomorrow and will cost an additional $500. Overall, an absolute nightmare, just to lose a day of my honeymoon for absolutely no good reason - except maybe being difficult for the sake of being difficult. Avoid at all costs.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"nasty and unreasonable"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Rome. I flew with an infant and by the gate they told me I wouldn't be able to take my carry on with me that I would have to take everything important out and check it in. As much as I pleaded that i"m flying with an infant if they could reconsider they were nasty and wouldn't budge while allowing other passengers on with their carry ons. Only to get worse when we arrived in JFK we found out that our carry on luggage was never checked in it was left in Tel Aviv with a promise to get it delivered within 24-48 hours as of now it's more then 48 hours and I still didn't get my luggage with no one contacting me about it. They were nasty and unreasonable.
RouteTel Aviv to Rome
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Terrible customer service. They lost my baggage and it was returned to me 6 days after arrival. There was no one to talk to through those days to find out the status of my claim and when I will receive my baggage. After I received it I tried to file a claim for the money I spent on clothes during those days and their online portal kept logging me out. I tries a couple dozen times to contqct them and file a claim to no avail.
RouteLos Angeles to Tel Aviv

"smooth comfortable flight"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Another smooth comfortable flight. Flying premium on El Al is consistently on a high level. Great food, service, entertainment and wifi. Comfortable cabin with great seat and amenities.
RouteTel Aviv to Newark
Date FlownJune 2022

"I was treated very badly"

Trip Verified | I was treated very badly by a rude receptionist at the Business Check in Desk, I spent £1600.00 and they wanted to move me to Economy with no explanation, just saying the flight was over booked. When I booked the flight 3 weeks before most of the seats in Business were free and I choose my sit. Someone they knew or someone who payed more money got priority over me, the lady at the counter even shouted at me and the 2 shift managers just lied to my face and did not give me any explanation why was I the only one that had to except being downgraded, I was not even offered any money back, just a flight free flight to Europe which was of no use to me, as I will never again fly EL AL, they just give a bad name to Israel and ruined my whole trip. If you are reading this avoid EL AL and book instead in British Airways as I always got a first class service with them.
AircraftBoing 787
RouteTel Aviv to London
Date FlownJune 2022

"3 hour wait to get to baggage drop"

Trip Verified | 3 hour wait to get to baggage drop. They let all the Israeli citizens cut through the line. All non Israeli passengers ended up standing in line for hours. I waited 3 hours. Then another 30 min for security. None of the staff were helpful. They were all rude and did not care. They had 3 staff on at baggage collection with hours of passengers to go through. Highly recommend never using this airline!
RouteIsrael to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2022

"Cancelled our flight on departure day"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Cancelled our flight on the departure day "for operational reasons" . Did not suggest any alternative flights or residence. Did not answer our calls in any office in Germany (it was a working day afternoon). Did not answer our calls to Israeli office for at least 1 hour. In facebook messenger answered in 2 days only, in WhatsApp in 1 day. Did not bring money back, just suggested a 1-year voucher for 300$. Do not answer calls and do not call back at all from the Israeli office, don't suggest a proper customer service in their call-center
RouteBerlin to Tel Aviv

"large selection of IFE"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | El Al has the best Premium Economy product on this route, US carriers don't compare to the seat pitch, width and comfort, impeccable service from the flight crew , the food served on china, a large selection of IFE, and even the goodie bags. I like the curtain they use to cut off this section from economy.
RouteTel Aviv to New York JFK
Date FlownMay 2022

"Low cost airlines give much better service"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Complete lack of customer service. If you book and need any support, forget it. Web Booking was relatively easy, but after that forget it. Web logon as a user just doesn't work and cant reset a password by any method. WhatsApp doesn't work just get in a loop with the bot that refers to the call center Call center - no chance of an answer - I received a call back after three days and was on hold for 20 minutes with no answer! I guess I wont be able to get a call back from a human. I thought to give ELAL a second chance after they cancelled a flight on me 2 months ago with only 2 days warning, but now I cancelled a flight due to warnings of pilot strikes - received a coupon after 2 days but I want a refund. By law refunds are available - but there are no automated web or app buttons that work for that option (I wonder why?). Low cost airlines give much better service. ELAL get your act together!
RouteTel Aviv to Dubai
Date FlownMay 2022

"hands down the worst experience"

Not Verified | Wish I had read the comments on here before booking with El Al. This was hands down the worst experience I have had on any airline ever. It is virtually impossible to speak to anyone on the phone at El Al. Online booking system was relatively straight forward and even booked and paid for exit row seats. Flight departure time changed one week out from departure. Exit row seats not honoured at online checkin. Blatantly lied to at check in with assurances that we had just been moved to different exit row seats - the new seats were not exit row seats. Delayed or deliberately withheld my bag from the flight and only delivered the bag 2 days later. Impossible to contact anyone from El Al and the WhatsApp option is just a joke. Food terrible, service terrible and toilets disgusting. Thankfully it was only 3 hours of hell. There is not much to like about this airline. Flight times on this route are also elongated by about 30 min as compared to non-Israeli airlines due to geo-political concerns for Israeli flagged carriers.
RouteTel Aviv to Dubai