Egyptair

"flight was cancelled before I even booked"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Moscow to Johannesburg via Cairo. Booked a flight for 24 March 2022 - flight was cancelled before I even booked but online accepted payment. They did not indicate that flight was cancelled. I asked for refund online and received confirmation that my account will be credited within 21 days. I have not yet received payment and today is 30 July 2022. Except for initial confirmation my emails and phone calls remain unanswered
RouteMoscow to Johannesburg via Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2022

"training to improve the entire Egyptair service package"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | I travelled on holiday to Egypt with 3 family members the bad service started with our arrival at Cairo airport on Saturday morning 25 June 2022 as it took over an hour and a half for our luggage to arrive. Two weeks later we were booked to fly from Hurghada to Cairo on Friday 8 July 2022 our flight leaving at 8:40 pm, no announcements were made save for information displayed on the television in the departure lounge regarding the delay of all flights. As our connecting flight out of Cairo was scheduled for 2:20 am Saturday morning you can understand our stress. The local Egyptair representative also had no idea of the terms regarding the tri party alliance which exists as we found out that we could book our flight from Hurghada through Cairo onto Ethiopia and then to RSA. He did allow us to change our boarding passes and also changed the information on our luggage to be booked through to RSA. Once in the air we asked the steward to please announce once we arrive at Cairo to allow all passengers with connecting flights to be allowed to disembark first. Needless to say this didn't happen and on arrival a free for all ensued which meant this priority did not take place. When questioned the steward rudely snapped that her script didn't allow for our request to be made and justified her stance stating that she 'doesn't own the runway.' Once on the bus a lady collapsed to the floor causing great concern amongst fellow passengers, logic would suggest the bus driver should get the patient to the terminal as quickly as possible to receive medical attention. However the driver obviously didn't see the urgency of the matter and rather chose to get out the bus and go and chat to his friend while chaos rained, he then got back into the bus and we thought he might now have realised the severity of the situation but then decided he hadn't finished his chat and got out again to carry on his conversation with his friend on the tarmac. The plane had landed at 01:05 am thanks to no other bus being available we were eventually dropped off at domestic arrivals 55 minutes later at 02:00am. The pressure to make our flight at 02:20 am was immense however I am relieved to say by mere minutes we made the flight to Ethiopia. No surprise that our luggage wasn't on the flight and it took a agent in RSA to trace and return our luggage. Our experience could be taken on board and used for training to improve the entire Egyptair service package. Given that the globe is trying to recover post Covid and the fact that tourism was probably the hardest hit airports and flying is the first impression tourists encounter.
RouteHurghada to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2022

"have not received my luggage"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I'm so disappointed from your service, I had flight from Cairo to Benghazi through your company, last Wednesday, and I have not received my luggage until this moment! This happens to many passengers, and as I came to know this happens frequently. Very bad service.
RouteCairo to Benghazi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"no response from the airline"

Trip Verified | Delayed/Lost Bags. Getting no response from the airline to several emails, on Messenger they just keep responding with "concerned team will assist shortly". this is now day 3. The Amman airport staff say call their office in Amman, no-one even picks calls there. They should respond and say something/anything!
RouteLondon to Amman via Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I haven't received my refund yet"

Trip Verified | Flight was cancelled 3 weeks before the flight, did an online refund as per their instructions. Claimed 21 days for the refund to be processed, it's been 45 working days now and I haven't received my refund yet. Egypt Air claimed 21 and they didn't honour their policy. I contacted them on Facebook and I'm still waiting.
RouteBangkok to Cairo
Date FlownMay 2022

"missed my luggage in Cairo during transit"

Trip Verified | I am a vegetarian and emailed them to arrange for veg meals on flights but nothing was done. I tried to call the call center in London and no one answered the call for 25 minutes. I requested the staff issue boarding pass, at the boarding gate and also the hostess inside bit all went on deaf ears. Though the hostess on the other aircraft (Cairo to Dubai) accommodated my request because she was willing to help not like her other counterparts. London to Cairo was delayed for more than 1 and a half hours and I had a transit flight from Cairo to Dubai. I told this to multiple hostesses on the flight and everyone assured me that it will be taken care of and someone will assist as soon as I land in Cairo. But no one helped. I was on my own running at the airport as only I was bothered that I should not miss my flight. This is the only airline I have seen who doesn't let families with kids go first inside the aircraft. Lastly, they missed my luggage in Cairo during transit. I didn't receive my luggage at the belt and was delivered 2nd day despite a promise of same-day delivery. Honestly, they were not bothered. I didnt get any help from anyone at any step. Even Dnata is not bothered. I will never recommend this airline to any traveler unless it is absolutely necessary.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Cairo
Date FlownJune 2022

"Very basic service"

Not Verified | Certainly not the best airline I have flown on. Very basic service and in flight catering consisted of a meat roll, and a cheese role, followed by a piece of chocolate cake. 3 flight attendants for a full 737, tells you level of service to be expected. For the price paid, I would have expected better, and as a Star Alliance carrier, even better.
RouteFrankfurt to Cairo
Date FlownMay 2022

"worst airline I have experienced"

Trip Verified | EgyptAir is the worst airline I have experienced. I had a flight from Luxor to Alexandria via Cairo. I showed the attendant my boarding passes while checking in my bags. He told me that the boarding passes were no longer relevant because the flight changed. Without any explanation of what actually changed. Then he gave me boarding passes to Cairo only, and marked my luggage to arrive in Cairo. I stopped him and tried to explain that I’m going to Alexandria. He corrected me and said that I’m mistaken. That my flight was only to Cairo. I explained that I have proof I have two legs on EgyptAir from Luxor to Cairo and then from Cairo to Luxor. He insisted that I was wrong, despite the ticket I presented. Then another attendant started searching for my ticket at the next counter over after seeing how frustrated I was. New information emerged. My flight from Cairo to Alexandria was apparently canceled and I had supposedly received an email. No email was received. The attendant then proceeded to explain that I needed to stop in Cairo, pick up my luggage and then file a complaint. No attempt to book me on an alternative flight was made or secure accommodations for me. I’ll be landing at night, around 9pm. I don’t live in Cairo, and don’t have a hotel reservation there. I asked to speak to a manager, and the first attendant, ridiculed me by saying he’s the manager and that there is nothing further to discuss. Just like those comedy shows where everyone is the manager. I picked up my boarding pass to Cairo and walked away. I felt humiliated. I felt disgusted by the staff at EgyptAir.
RouteLuxor to Alexandria via Cairo
Date FlownJune 2022

"would like to thank the crew"

(Egypt)

Not Verified | I would like to thank the Flight MS-647 crew from Cairo to Riyadh for helping us, specially Mr Haytham for helping during the trip.
RouteCairo to Riyadh
Date FlownMay 2022

"upset at how your staff treated me"

(Kenya)

Trip Verified | I booked my flight to Germany via Cairo. I requested for wheel chair and it was booked with the ticket. Nairobi was fine. When I landed in Cairo it took time before I got someone to wheel me to the terminal for my next flight and he took me to the wrong terminal! When I asked him he said his shift is over and that's it! I was left stranded. I tried many times to get help from staffers but they seemed to ignore me. An hour or so later one reluctantly pushed me bit left me way before the actual terminal and told me to walk the rest of the way. I protested but he took off with his wheel chair. I then looked for those cars and hopped on to one. The guy refused to drive me until I told him I am not leaving his car. He then drove me there. As it that's not enough, when I was being wheel layer to the plane the man wheeling me insisted that I give him money. He spoke little English but he gesticulating violently saying I want money. I showed him 5 euros and he seems upset. He eventually calmed down when he saw 50 euros. My son wrote to you via email and they replied that they are sorry and will get back to him. Its been more than a week now and no communication. I am upset at how your staff treated me and how your customer care doesn't seem to care.
RouteNairobi to Frankfurt via Cairo