easyJet

"EasyJet is a superior budget airline"

Trip Verified | The ground crew were friendly and efficiently handled the new document requirements for travelling to Italy during the Covid-19 pandemic, including the new EU Digital Covid Certificate. Just a pity that they couldn’t have given better/clearer instructions about the need for “surgical quality” masks before we got to the gate – instead of having to buy a five-pack for five Euros at the gate. Otherwise, from boarding to deplaning, everything was “Covid Clean”. Our 1 hour 40-minute flight from Venice to Paris was on a shiny new A320. The legroom was pretty good compared to other budget carriers and the crew were helpful. The bottom line: EasyJet is a superior budget airline.
RouteVenice to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Please avoid this company"

Trip Verified | Please avoid this company. Better to pay 10-20 Eur extra and have good conditions. Please read the other reviews as well. You will be robbed by 30 EUR for your small baggage by the rude personnel before letting you in the aircraft. Your flight will have delays in both trips.
RouteParis to Nice

"easyJet never again"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | This has been a challenging and tough year and this summer I though my first experience travelling after two years was going to be memorable. Not only did I pay 80€ for an extra cabin bag that I didn't even get to use and had to get rid of all my cosmetic belongings because they exceeded the ml limit, I had to pay an extra 58€ to get my luggage checked in. The hostess in an arrogant tone told me my baggage was too big. I had already changed my luggage for a smaller one, got rid of half my clothes and it was too big ! Only a small wheel got past the metal box, as deserted as the plane was and given the situation they could have clearly arranged a place for my baggage. And when I suggested to refund the cabin bag or at least reduce it from the price of the cabin bag that I couldn't use the condescending woman said and I quote "You knew what you were doing by bringing this bag, it is your fault not mine". I am filled with so much rage ,anger and even sadness. The way she spoke like I was some insignificant number, just another dumb client enraged me to the depths of my soul. I can't deny I mistakenly thought the baggage would fit in the cabin but there is no excuse for the treatment I was given. In a few words, if you are looking for unpleasant, unfair and arrogant treatment, be my guest and fly with easyJet. As for me, easyJet never again.
RouteLisbon to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Their product is quite consistent"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | They need more flights to Madeira on Friday nights and Monday early mornings. Still, a Friday flight costed me more than 100 euros. Their product is quite consistent, flights on time, planes decently clean, legroom even though not great, acceptable and reasonable even though it is a shame they are not allowing trolleys anymore. On the exterior though the plane seemed to have been caught in a dust storm and they continue to use terminal 2 tarmac even though passengers leave terminal 1 in Lisbon which results in the need for a cramped bus travel through the airport.
RouteLisbon to Funchal

"great first experience"

Trip Verified | First time flying easyJet. Flight departed on time and was quite cheap, only €30. The plane was not very crowded, so I was asked to sit in the exit row, I got a free upgrade! The legroom there was amazing of course. The seats were quite comfortable, but legroom in the normal seats is very cramped. Overall great first experience.
RouteAmsterdam to Berlin

"Flight was on-time"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Perfect flight! Ground service was well organized and fast. The crew were nice and available. The seat was comfortable, although for a person with 1.85m height is a bit tight. But, one of the crew members asked me to seat in an emergency exit because it was empty, much better leg space! Great food service, a lot of things available to purchase. Flight was on-time.
RouteMilano Malpensa to Lisbon
Date FlownJune 2021

"cabin crew not at their best days"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I lost a flight on Friday evening and they had the better option on the early morning back to Madeira at 160 euros. Its only competitor was charging almost double that. I was very sleepy but it was very difficult to sleep with the cabin lights not deemed. Well cleaned aircraft, again totally packed, with some members of the cabin crew not at their best days.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownMay 2021

"the flights are always too packed"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Their legroom is better than its only competitor TAP on this route, even at the rear of the plane, but the flights are always too packed which I don't like. Cabin crew are professional, however sad baggage allowance if they want to attract customers anyway. Arrived early.
RouteFunchal to Lisbon
Date FlownMay 2021

"make you feel hated and unwelcome"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Their baggage policy is now quite absurd, you can take a box of chocolates in your backpack and that's pretty much it, I witnessed some sad scenes from fellow passengers boarding. Flights were packed, which is not what you want in these times, on my flight back I had the passenger sitting next to me frequently touching my knee and elbow which is insanitary. Although Lisbon airport is operating at 10% capacity, they park remotely and make passengers travel through the airport in overcrowded buses to and from the main terminal. They closed boarding more than 30 minutes before departure at Lisbon, which made for quite a scare but their boarding staff were really friendly and accommodating. Thankfully though, their onboard sales are temporarily suspended and the aircraft looked neat and well cleaned. They definitely need more flights on this route, I paid 307 euros for both ways for flights that are domestic and no longer than one hour and a half. I only use them as a last option which was the case, they withheld money from previous flights that were canceled instead of reimbursing me as they should. Their customer service is virtually non existent and from Portugal there's no free call lines to reach them, you pay quite a big toll. They are now not different from the more miserable low cost airlines in Europe and their motto seemed to have change to something related to how subliminally they make you feel hated and unwelcome as a paying customer. Not for me.
RouteFunchal Madeira to Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I will never use Easyjet again"

Not Verified | I purchased return flights to Greece last year that were cancelled by Easyjet due to the pandemic. I decided to rebook for this April 2021 so checked online the price before going ahead, and was happy to find out that they were more or less the same price. However when I had to pay the price shoot up by more than £100? I went ahead as I did not have much choice (not offered a refund). I then discovered few weeks ago that they have been cancelled again. Easyjet did not let me know, I had to check my booking to find out. I this time insisted for a refund but Easyjet only refunded me the first payment but for some reasons not the second payment that I made when rebooking. Despite contacting them several times, they gave me a different stories each time and asked me to wait, moving the goalpost by few weeks each time. I have now contacted my bank and initiated a chargeback / section 75 in order to recover my money. Do not wait weeks to get your money back as they will stall the refund by any means. Go to your bank directly and get it sorted before the time runs out and you get nothing except a useless voucher or have to rebook your flights at a much higher cost that they are advertised online. I will never use Easyjet again as they are not trustworthy, stay well away too if you value, your time, money and sanity.
RouteLondon to Athens