easyJet

"Greedy and unprofessional"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Easyjet cancelled my return trip only 10 minutes after I landed in Milan without any explanation. Most probably they wanted to make sure to get the money of the first flight for then provide a lower compensation. I tried to book the return ticket with another airline but prices were astronomic, therefore my only option was choose the return flight provided by easyjet (for free) and shorten my holidays of over 1 day. It was a long weekend so it meant literarily spending half of the time expected. It was not because they cancelled the flight, but simply because of the very short notification that made impossible for me to find other suitable options for my needs. Greedy and unprofessional. Very upsetting!
RouteBarcelona to Milan
Date FlownOctober 2021

"the worst airline we ever flew with"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline we ever flew with. First flight was 1 hour late without any notification so we were standing for 1 hour and waiting with no explanation at all. The second flight was cancelled 30 mins before departure, it was complete chaos as we had to stay overnight in Italy as they scheduled the replacement flight to be at 7am which meant we had to be in the airport at 5am, this was very inconvenient for us for many obvious reasons. They did cover the hotel expense but frankly the reason we are not happy is because the airline lied about the weather conditions being bad so that we would not be eligible for any kind of flight refund other than overnight hotel stay. How do we know they lied? Simple, other airlines kept flying and the weather in Milan was quite ok, not rainy or windy. Other reasons we were unhappy? We checked in our bag before departure and since the flight was cancelled we had no information whatsoever about where we can get our bag back , in addition to the fact that we didn't have any other information on what to do already 10 pm in a city where we never been before. They only told us to find a hotel and they will refund for which we had to search all over the airport and wait for such a long time to get this information.
RouteLisbon to Milan Malpensa via Prague
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"most kind, patient and courteous"

Trip Verified | This morning 26th September I flew BRS to GIB. The staff at check in were most kind, patient and courteous. A special mention, for Rosie who was a credit to the airline helping an older lady through the regulation and rigours of check in. I fly to Gibraltar several times a year and will continue to do so with Easyjet.
RouteBristol to Gibraltar
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"well trained cabin crew"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | 100 euros for this 1:20 domestic flight, still almost a third of what I paid on Portugal's disgraceful flag carrier on they way back. Absolutely full plane, well trained cabin crew. Curiously they didn't take the money after I booked, which I found very irregular. They called one day before the flight asking for my 'collaboration' due to their website's error that affected many customer's transactions, a bug they still hadn't identified how it happened. They need a base in Madeira and more routes from the island.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"staff at the check-in was rude"

Trip Verified | The staff at the check-in was rude. As a couple, we were carrying one small cabin luggage that was the appropriate size for the aircraft as outlined on the company‘s website. The check-in staff started a discussion and insisted that we pay additional 29€ for the suitcase. Not only was she rude in the way she conveyed it, she involved other staff to apply even more pressure. In the end we paid, as the staff started threatening us to not let us on board. The general perception of easyjet has never been good. I usually stay away from writing any reviews, however easyJet staff is rude and renders a bad experience. Luckily, I am not dependent on using easyjet, which is why I will not book another flight with you.
RouteRome Fiumicino to Berlin Brandenburg
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"charged €29 for a handbag trolley"

Trip Verified | Upon arrival at the gate in Crete, they charged €29 for a handbag trolley although it's the size approved on their website. Many of the passengers protested, but they were threatening that they would just leave without us, we were forced to pay for 6 persons €174. Funny thing is that when you paid you could take you trolley on board! Never again flying with this airline.
RouteCrete to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2021

"really disorganized and quite rude"

Not Verified | On my last trip in September 2021 the ground staff made my last trip quite uncomfortable. They were really disorganized and quite rude very insensitive with the elderly people that found hard to keep up with the all new technology requirements asked by the local government. They were rude with everyone and it seems that they had no or little training. It seems that easyJet don't really care to train with what seems to be the very basic of costumer care. It will made me think twice before rebooking with easyJet
RouteLondon to Catania
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"not forceful in enforcing the facemask rules"

Not Verified | Cabin crew cheerful and helpful. Cabin clean and seats reasonably comfortable for short flights. Disappointed that cabin crew were not more forceful in enforcing the facemask rules. Viewing the 4 rows of seats in front of me, 4 passengers had their face masks below their chin for most of the journey, not even attempting to pull the mask up when the cabin crew were passing, and not once did any cabin crew ask that they pull their mask up.
RouteDubrovnik to Edinburgh

"Cabin well cleaned"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Cabin well cleaned, professional crew and on time. However using terminal 2 in Lisbon, seriously downgrades the experience. The duration of the flight was just one hour and 25 minutes but it felt way more, which pretty much sums up the flight. As usual, full plane on this route.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they have done everything in their power to wriggle out of paying"

Not Verified | On Friday 13th August at roughly 20.00hrs our flight from Gibraltar to Gatwick was cancelled due to fog. After waiting another hour in the departure lounge, we were informed ‘Easyjet have been unable to find an alternative route or accommodation for the night. Please leave the airport by Gate number 5 and arrange your own accommodation’. After a frantic search online it did appear that all the hotels in Gibraltar were full. We were able to make contact with the host of the AirBNB that we had been staying at for the previous three nights and although his AirBNB was full, he made space for us in another property and charged us £160 for the emergency one nights stay. We took a taxi to his place and stayed the night. During the night we received an email from EasyJet informing us that our flight would take place at 18.00 the following day, 14th August. We therefore had to spend another whole day in Gibraltar. Obviously, we needed to eat and drink for our additional time there. At the end of this extra day, we took another taxi back to Gibraltar airport and thankfully our next flight left on time. A few days later we submitted an expenses claim to Easyjet for 2 x taxi transfers, 1 night’s accommodation and for meals and drinks during the day we were delayed. Easyjet have agreed to pay for one of our taxi journeys only! They have stated – the second taxi expense did not show a ‘route’ on the receipt so they will not pay. The food and drinks receipts we submitted were not itemised so they will not pay. The accommodation receipt did not have a date stamp on it (even though it was dated the 14th August the day after we should have gone home) so they will not pay. Easyjet flight cancellation actually cost us £289.00 and they have agreed to reimburse us £20! Not only did they treat us like animals and leave us stranded at Gibraltar airport with nowhere to stay, but when we claimed our valid expenses they have done everything in their power to wriggle out of paying. Next time I fly to Gibraltar I will 100% travel with British Airways.
RouteGibraltar to London