easyJet

"charged €29 for a handbag trolley"

Trip Verified | Upon arrival at the gate in Crete, they charged €29 for a handbag trolley although it's the size approved on their website. Many of the passengers protested, but they were threatening that they would just leave without us, we were forced to pay for 6 persons €174. Funny thing is that when you paid you could take you trolley on board! Never again flying with this airline.
RouteCrete to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2021

"really disorganized and quite rude"

Not Verified | On my last trip in September 2021 the ground staff made my last trip quite uncomfortable. They were really disorganized and quite rude very insensitive with the elderly people that found hard to keep up with the all new technology requirements asked by the local government. They were rude with everyone and it seems that they had no or little training. It seems that easyJet don't really care to train with what seems to be the very basic of costumer care. It will made me think twice before rebooking with easyJet
RouteLondon to Catania
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"not forceful in enforcing the facemask rules"

Not Verified | Cabin crew cheerful and helpful. Cabin clean and seats reasonably comfortable for short flights. Disappointed that cabin crew were not more forceful in enforcing the facemask rules. Viewing the 4 rows of seats in front of me, 4 passengers had their face masks below their chin for most of the journey, not even attempting to pull the mask up when the cabin crew were passing, and not once did any cabin crew ask that they pull their mask up.
RouteDubrovnik to Edinburgh

"Cabin well cleaned"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Cabin well cleaned, professional crew and on time. However using terminal 2 in Lisbon, seriously downgrades the experience. The duration of the flight was just one hour and 25 minutes but it felt way more, which pretty much sums up the flight. As usual, full plane on this route.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they have done everything in their power to wriggle out of paying"

Not Verified | On Friday 13th August at roughly 20.00hrs our flight from Gibraltar to Gatwick was cancelled due to fog. After waiting another hour in the departure lounge, we were informed ‘Easyjet have been unable to find an alternative route or accommodation for the night. Please leave the airport by Gate number 5 and arrange your own accommodation’. After a frantic search online it did appear that all the hotels in Gibraltar were full. We were able to make contact with the host of the AirBNB that we had been staying at for the previous three nights and although his AirBNB was full, he made space for us in another property and charged us £160 for the emergency one nights stay. We took a taxi to his place and stayed the night. During the night we received an email from EasyJet informing us that our flight would take place at 18.00 the following day, 14th August. We therefore had to spend another whole day in Gibraltar. Obviously, we needed to eat and drink for our additional time there. At the end of this extra day, we took another taxi back to Gibraltar airport and thankfully our next flight left on time. A few days later we submitted an expenses claim to Easyjet for 2 x taxi transfers, 1 night’s accommodation and for meals and drinks during the day we were delayed. Easyjet have agreed to pay for one of our taxi journeys only! They have stated – the second taxi expense did not show a ‘route’ on the receipt so they will not pay. The food and drinks receipts we submitted were not itemised so they will not pay. The accommodation receipt did not have a date stamp on it (even though it was dated the 14th August the day after we should have gone home) so they will not pay. Easyjet flight cancellation actually cost us £289.00 and they have agreed to reimburse us £20! Not only did they treat us like animals and leave us stranded at Gibraltar airport with nowhere to stay, but when we claimed our valid expenses they have done everything in their power to wriggle out of paying. Next time I fly to Gibraltar I will 100% travel with British Airways.
RouteGibraltar to London
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Worst customer service ever"

Trip Verified | There was no direct flight options on a daily basis to our destination and unfortunately easyJet was our only option. Knowing that we will have to pay for the baggage! After paying for the baggage, they charged us again for the carry on bags that are always allowed in the cabin (mine at least been to 100 flights at least). This didn’t make any sense, we paid 70 euro for the ticket but ended up paying 90 euro for the baggage (60 for the actual luggage and 30 for the carry on) I never check in my carry on cause of the valuable stuff such as laptop and jewellery. Worst customer service ever. Never flying with easyJet.
RouteBerlin to Milan
Date FlownAugust 2021

"denied boarding due to a PCR test"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to return to London via EasyJet and I was denied boarding due to a PCR test. Although I had checked twice since booking the ticket in June. The requirements changed again so fully vaccinated passengers required a PCR to enter the UK. However, the government requirements also stated that if passengers were fully vaccinated but did not have a PCR test they could enter the UK but would be subject to a £500 fine. The option of a fine was never given to me. When I asked for the customer service representatives name she refused. When I asked to speak with a manager she refused. I have never seen an airline which lacked so much accountability or with lower customer service levels. If you choose to travel with Easyjet and you run into trouble you are on your own.
RouteCorfu to Luton

"Queues everywhere"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. Everything is bad actually. Waited 2 hours to just drop the luggage as only 2 desks were open and 8 easyJet flights to handle. Family in front of me missed their flights, as simple as that (with no alternatives of course). Almost missed mine. Queues everywhere. Plane arrived 20min late. Bad service inside the plane.
RouteNice to Barcelona

"bad service in all"

Trip Verified | I decided to give them a chance to support them after the pandemic: flight, car and hotel .. wrong idea, rude staff, bad service in all, endless queues in check-in even with speedy boarding. Never again.
RouteGatwick to Murcia
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I had a covid test from the NHS"

Trip Verified | After Easy jet had changed one sided flight time and airport, I got in time to Luton Airport but I was denied boarding by a rude ground staff lady for the fact that I had a covid test from the NHS instead of a private test. That I was fully vaccinated and was only transiting The Netherlands was out of interest to her and there was no consideration of the fact that this was the last flight to The Netherlands that day. We waited for one hour (where I tried to reach easy jet Customer Service who could not help me) until the same lady appeared with a colleague to guide us to the exit with no explanation nor assistance. I could book a different flight to Germany from a different airport on the same day without any issues. The additional costs of 400 EUR I wanted to claim with easyjet. Up to now I have no response to my claim. They make it almost impossible to receive feedback or comments as all emails come from a "noreply"-address. I am very disappointed and upset.
RouteLuton to Amsterdam